[MANGA/ANIME] NANA

Guest NovaMania

Guest losborrachos

okay, so i just recently got hooked into the manga, but i've somehow managed to catch up to the latest chapters (man this thing is addictive)... so here are my thoughts: (spoilers)

i'm really curious about those scenes in the future (actually it's the present since the rest of the story is a flashback to 2001, right?) according to the reporter, nana "died" at the sea... assuming the blonde singer is nana, and it probably is, considering the tattoo and the ring, whatever happened at the sea caused nana to have run away to england... but could have been so awful that nana decided to leave hachi and the band behind? it doesn't seem to involve ren since the rest of the band seems to be in good terms with him (remember they were going to see the fireworks together?) and hachi seems to be quite happy with takumi and their daughter... yasu, nobu, and shin are alive and well (at least physically)... so my guess is it might involve her family (mother) or her illness... but i don't know, yazawa seems to be fond of twists...

i have to say though that ren remains my favorite character... obviously i hate the whole drug addiction ordeal and i hope he gets out of it soon but i don't know he just seems really cool to me... i also like shin and reira a lot... their scenes together are really heart-breaking to me, especially lately... i hope they're still together in the future cos in the present day scene, shin looks disgustingly hot...

can't wait for 61... is it out yet?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest masala_chai_tea

I agree with your analysis, losborrachos! It looks as if it is in fact related to those aspects. Chapter 61 is not out as far as I know.

Guest ShortaznGirl

um i can only find nana vol. 1 at strawberry-vanilla.net....is there another site where i can find a few more volumes in english?

okay, so i just recently got hooked into the manga, but i've somehow managed to catch up to the latest chapters (man this thing is addictive)... so here are my thoughts: (spoilers)

i'm really curious about those scenes in the future (actually it's the present since the rest of the story is a flashback to 2001, right?) according to the reporter, nana "died" at the sea... assuming the blonde singer is nana, and it probably is, considering the tattoo and the ring, whatever happened at the sea caused nana to have run away to england... but could have been so awful that nana decided to leave hachi and the band behind? it doesn't seem to involve ren since the rest of the band seems to be in good terms with him (remember they were going to see the fireworks together?) and hachi seems to be quite happy with takumi and their daughter... yasu, nobu, and shin are alive and well (at least physically)... so my guess is it might involve her family (mother) or her illness... but i don't know, yazawa seems to be fond of twists...

i have to say though that ren remains my favorite character... obviously i hate the whole drug addiction ordeal and i hope he gets out of it soon but i don't know he just seems really cool to me... i also like shin and reira a lot... their scenes together are really heart-breaking to me, especially lately... i hope they're still together in the future cos in the present day scene, shin looks disgustingly hot...

i got a shock when i read this part. it's such a big leap of the storyline...

actually, i think it does have sth to do with Ren in order for Nana to be avoiding him too. may be it's sth not known to others but bothers Nana a lot. cos she's not the type that goes hiding when problems come. unless it's directly related to the person she's avoiding. :mellow:

Guest vanggirlie

episode 16 is out! yasu is so hot <3

i thought i was the only one who thought he was hot too. he was especially in this episode in the window scene.

so is this thread for both the manga and anime. i have yet to read the manga. maybe i'll start but i don't want to get ahead of the anime.

Guest iloveren

YESS! I LOVED THE WINDOW SCENEE. ha ha i don't really know if this thread is for the anime too.. but ohh well. i like how nana and ren both come to yasu's room and say "ah.. ta.. shi." reallllyyy cute

Guest losborrachos

i got a shock when i read this part. it's such a big leap of the storyline...

i know right? everyone was speculating that nana was dead or at least in a coma but then bam! she's all blonde and hot and singing in london lol

and i'd like to think that it didn't work out between nana and ren BECAUSE she went away, not the other way round... she still wears her engagement ring in the present day scene (it might be because of hachi instead of ren but stiiiill) my speculations are biased though due to the fact that i love the ren-nana coupling and i really want them to love each other forever...

i know right? everyone was speculating that nana was dead or at least in a coma but then bam! she's all blonde and hot and singing in london lol

and i'd like to think that it didn't work out between nana and ren BECAUSE she went away, not the other way round... she still wears her engagement ring in the present day scene (it might be because of hachi instead of ren but stiiiill) my speculations are biased though due to the fact that i love the ren-nana coupling and i really want them to love each other forever...

I totally agree with what you have to say. I finally caught up with the recent chapters!

There's a lot of foreshadowing of the future. Even in the Hachi's monologues in the beginning and ending of each chapter ("Hey Nana.. blahblahblah").

I also wonder why Tsuzuki Mai (Misato, the ex-fangirl/present assistant) says that Nana should keep her distance with the real Uehara Misato. Is it because of Nana's mom is also Misato's mom? But didn't Nana say, in the monologue at the end of chapter 60, that she didn't mind that her mother was still alive?

I am also suspecting that Mai is that Gen-chan's, or Genichi Tsuzuki or whatever, daughter. And since Nana's mother was with Gen-chan for a while, I wonder if Nana is actually Gen-chan's kid. But that part was really confusing with all the names and stuff, so maybe I got it all wrong.

And how the hell does Mai know so much? I have a feeling that she knows eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything from the very beginning.

It'd be interesting to see how the story plays out. I can't wait for chapter 61!!

Guest vanggirlie

Does anyone know how man episodes there will be with the anime ? Cuz it feels like it's going to be one of those really long series. I hope it is!!!!! :D

i've heard that it'll be 50 episodes. i'm so very happy about that.

i wished they gave Paradise Kiss that many episodes too.

Guest losborrachos

I totally agree with what you have to say. I finally caught up with the recent chapters!

There's a lot of foreshadowing of the future. Even in the Hachi's monologues in the beginning and ending of each chapter ("Hey Nana.. blahblahblah").

I also wonder why Tsuzuki Mai (Misato, the ex-fangirl/present assistant) says that Nana should keep her distance with the real Uehara Misato. Is it because of Nana's mom is also Misato's mom? But didn't Nana say, in the monologue at the end of chapter 60, that she didn't mind that her mother was still alive?

I am also suspecting that Mai is that Gen-chan's, or Genichi Tsuzuki or whatever, daughter. And since Nana's mother was with Gen-chan for a while, I wonder if Nana is actually Gen-chan's kid. But that part was really confusing with all the names and stuff, so maybe I got it all wrong.

And how the hell does Mai know so much? I have a feeling that she knows eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything from the very beginning.

It'd be interesting to see how the story plays out. I can't wait for chapter 61!!

i know! many people have speculated that mai is nana's other stepsister, from her dad... the funny thing is if she's actually gen-chan's daughter, that would make her some rich man's daughter! (well, if he's really a ceo of whatever corp and it would make sense since where else could mai have gotten the money to buy all that vivienne westwood stuff for nana?)... remember in one of the early chapters when hachi guessed that nana was the rebellious only daughter of a millionaire or sthg and nana and yasu shot her down?? how ironic would it be...

i'm dying to know why mai thinks nana shouldn't get too close to misato as well!! i don't think it's merely because nana might get hurt if she found out her mother was still alive... the whole scandal behind nana's family tree might a lot more complicated than we know/think...

i don't know why but i don't really like the real misato uehara... maybe because i'm under the impression that her appearance will bring abt this great misery to the main characters, directly or indirectly... not to mention she always dresses up like nana, and people keep saying how she looks like nana, but to me there can only be one nana oosaki!!

*UPDATES ON THE MOVIE*

it's confirmed... aoi miyazaki's out and yui ichikawa's in for the role of hachi...

they also replaced ryuhei matsuda (reeeeennnnnn!!!! nooooo) with nobuo kyou...

but for the good news, supposedly members of the old cast who have secured their roles are mika nakashima (nana), hiroki narimiya (nobu) tetsuji tamayama (takumi *drool*), kenichi matsuyama (shin... maybe this should be considered bad news since so many people hoped they'd replace him with a hotter shin), and yuna ito (reira)...

for complete news, visit http://nana-nana.net/news79.html

^ Ooooo... I actually liked Aoi Miyazaki. T.T

They need a better Shin.. a younger and shorter Shin.. >0<;;

I'm guessing there won't be a Misato Uehara (the lolita fangirl) ? =/

I hate how they left out so much for the first movie. Grr.

Do you have pictures of the new cast? ><

Guest losborrachos

^ click on the link, there are pictures of both yui ichikawa and nobuo kyou on the article... or you can go to the nana movie thread on the "other movies, tv series and books" forum, someone posted pics of ichikawa there...

^ Ooooo... I actually liked Aoi Miyazaki. T.T

They need a better Shin.. a younger and shorter Shin.. >0<;;

I'm guessing there won't be a Misato Uehara (the lolita fangirl) ? =/

I hate how they left out so much for the first movie. Grr.

Do you have pictures of the new cast? ><

better shin please..

sorry to see aoi go. she was quite cute. like a pretty bunny.

I just started getting used to Ren too.

what chapter is the original japanese manga on?

Guest JASON;

Yeah, the shin in the movie is too "manly" I guess.

They should have picked a younger looking boy and with a much smaller body structure. :vicx:

for anyone interested ^^

Available @ http://clubbox.co.kr/leat02

(for quick navigation - text search: Anna Tsuchiya )

Anna Tsuchiya - Rose and Zero Live Street Performance (NANA Special)

(a rocking performance! B) )

1ic3.th.jpg2mo9.th.jpg3wc1.th.jpg

4xj6.th.jpg5kh2.th.jpg6uv9.th.jpg

Anna Tsuchiya - Strip Me

(includes songs, Rose and Zero, used for "Nana" anime)

ctcr14494jc1.jpg

Archived