[MANGA/ANIME] NANA

Guest NovaMania

Guest NovaMania

yay I get to start itNana_Wallpaper_by_KawaiiDanyChan.jpg
I was going to check on the NANA thread today only to find out we've lost our data. o well, we'll just start again. I heard there is this new trailer/thing out? where Nana and Reira are singing? I don't know if that's the other trailer or if it's something different. Anyway, talk about NANA~

Plot:
 The manga derives its title from the name of the two main characters, both of whom are called Nana. Nana Komatsu is a small town girl who goes to Tokyo to follow her boyfriend and college friends, with the hope of having her dream life. Nana Osaki was in a popular punk band in her home town. She goes to Tokyo with the goal of making it big as a singer. The two Nanas meet on the train ride to the city. Later, they run into each other again when they happen to check out the same apartment, and the girls decide to become roommates. The series chronicles their friendship and their lives as each chases her dreams.

Volumes: 21 (Hiatus) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=655

Published by: Viz

Anime Episodes: 47

*This series has also 2 live action films

nana-in-ren-t.jpg

thumb_big_other_f29f824a7d53caa21f4a753a

Nana6.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rekidai

I read the first volume and loved it. too bad i'm too lazy to download the rest of the series...waiting for shoujo beat to release it in volume form

Guest NovaMania

You guys got to keep reading. it is really worth it. too bad now we only get one chap. per month. :( o well, that's better than nothing

I read the first volume and loved it. too bad i'm too lazy to download the rest of the series...waiting for shoujo beat to release it in volume form

ahaha yeah thats how i get my nana

me and my cousin are so obsessed with it.... we have random nana days when we cosplay as oosaki and hachi to school xD

she calls me hachi and i call her nana since she looks and dresses more like oosaki than i do ^^

I read part of Nana...the beginning...but haven't really gotten around to reading more of it.

Can't wait to see the movie....whenever it comes out on internet/dvd with subtitles....

Guest yuki-chan

nana is my absolute favorite series. ever. it's so real and filled with emotions, it's really awesome.

for anything nana-related (especially the movie), you should check out nana-nana.net :)

thx i'll check it out ^^

Guest sincerelydolly

I don't like shojobeat's translation so I am waiting til' next year when I'm better at japanese and buying the series in japanese at once. XD I've read up to vol. 7 though. ^_^ I love the manga with a passion... been a fan for a long time...

Guest melon.yun

^ well ill never b able to learn jap bc im learning korean but i love the manga so much every chapt makes me cry almost haha well id say nana is my fave jap manga cause this is the one that makes me excited everytime a new chapt gets out and stuff and this one is so emotional i love it

nana is translated in french. so far we got up to volume 11, which is not bad at all. ^^ volume 12 is coming out soooooon and i can't wait to read it. ;__; everytime i finish one book, i agonize because i can't enjoy it anymore >.< (well i could, but only by re-reading the book 13 times :D)

i can't wait to see the movie. ^o^

Guest spark1ing_diamondz

started reading NANA in Shojo Beat so I'm reading it at an extremely slow pace =(. But I really love it so far. I'm dying to see the movie though, hopefully it gets subtitled in English someday.

Guest azuGurl

I LOVE this manga~

I'm up to chapter 29. It's so realistic and I love how the character's emotions are somewhat on a deeper level than other mangas =)

Guest Aithne

Nana is one of the mangas I've recently discovered and it has absolutely sucked me in. *hops in with all the other Nana fans*

http://www.strawberryvanilla.net/nana.html - Strawberry Vanilla has the first three volumes of Nana on http and volume 9 to present.

If you're willing to use IRC (which I recommend you do, since this site is simply amazing), you can go to http://thelurker.net/ and search their bots. They have a new release bot, which does have Nana chapter 34 uploaded. :D

[edit] I uploaded it on yousendit for anyone who wants chapter 34. I'll just put the url here, and take out the [*] when you copy and paste it in the url box.

http*://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1D4OJLZGRCH6H0WVYAKR4BI3D0

Archived