Official Kim Ah Joong 김아중

Cherryblossom18

While waiting for the gorgeous photoshoot to come. Here’s a round interview she did after Punch. 

“Tigers leave their skins behind, Kim AJoong leaves her works.”

(t/n: It’s a proverb I guess, the title is a bit metaphorical like there are so many in punch and I love it :lol:)

20150402225413133293.jpg

From the limitless affirmation as a forensic scientist in <Sign> to a righteous prosecutor in <Punch>. Kim AJoong’s filmography is filled with thick line works. 

The veteran actress who is 11 years into her career has only 10 major roles. Nevertheless, her presence is no different than any other prolific actors. 

Her stubbornness to look only at her work was crucial. Heartbreaking romance and as a lead role was later than her work. Although not pretty nor splendid in the work but as a result she was able to stand firmly as an irreplaceable actress. 

How could she shine in the small spotlight. The following is an interview between reporter and Kim AJoong.

Spoiler

> Shin Hakyung as a character, how was it?

Hakyung from the beginning until the end had embodied message about justice so it was important. At first I thought I should do well. It was a fair test but it was different from the other prosecutors that usually appear in the drama. You can compromise with people and have such personality as you do when you are sentenced to death. I think I tried to stick to my goal of acting sincerely and not give an account that it was too righteous.

> How do you feel about working with writer Park Kyungsoo?

I don't think he can be judged by the standards of traditional Korean dramas. When I acted it was different. Although Park Junghwan and Shin Hakyung love each other they got divorced and continue to fight with each other because of their beliefs. I had never portrayed a relationship like that before but it was good to play it out. I thought that our drama is a ‘high quality’ drama (laughs). Hakyung was a vessel made out of one belief. It was an honor to be a sole lead in the race for writer Park Kyung-soo.

20150402225514276455.jpg

> There were parts of the drama that was unfolding only for men. 

I know that my fans are disappointed, I want to be more active and I feel sorry for a lot of people. However if I joined in and worked on it, I think my character would have been damaged. Playing the game is important but I also want to play my character in a complete role without damaging it. I loved the scene where I kept fighting, including the mukbang of jajangmyeon and bromance scenes.

> How was your chemistry with Kim Raewon who played Park Junghwan?

I thought oppa was really Park Junghwan. When I hated him I really hated him, when I felt pity I pitied him. When we were fighting it was awkward to say ‘hello’. Most actors are actually as close as they act. At first I had to get angry with him and at any of these scenes so I felt bad about it. Even in the scene in the interrogation room he looks at me with a calf-like big eyes so that he won't get angry on purpose. So I said after filming the scene ‘It’s finished I can talk now (comfortably)’ I think it was hard to get angry when I talked privately.

> It was a divorced couple relationship, and they talked a lot to make it work out.

I think as a divorced former husband and wife the characters were created separately. What I had to do on the spot was that I talked a lot about it when eating time. We were able to match well enough that others asked if we already worked before. The drama and characters were praised but it made me feel better about my chemistry with Raewon oppa.

20150402225554765056.jpg

Spoiler

> Kim Raewon was very satisfied with the movie <Gangnam Blues> 

I found Kim Raewon in <Punch> attractive than in <Gangnam Blues>. Many people say that punch is his life’s work and I think it's good to see that I was able to do it with him and saw his fascinating moment up close.

> There were many senior actors in the drama, how was it working with them?

Cho Jaehyun sunbae-nim’s acting seems gentle but when you watch the show it's very accurate. Park Hyukkwon sunbae sees the script when he has a lot of acting worries. He is an amazing person who enjoys acting. Raewon oppa has a concise expression. Choi Myunggil sunbae-nim doesn’t have any NGs, like a young girl her charisma and energy that comes out when acting is very good. (she’s really generous when giving praises to her co-stars, it shows how she cautiously observing them)

> If you have 6 months to live like Park Junghwan in the drama, how would you spend the rest of your time?

I won’t tell anyone. Since I have limited time of six months, I'm going to make a bucket list and do it one by one. It’s like a very insolent departure. Would someone really do such a rush thing? (not sure with the last line :/)

20150402225635799515.jpg

> In fact Kim AJoong is not a prolific actor.

I'm a cautious person by nature. Even in the restaurant I’m really a type A person so it takes a long time to choose what to eat. I pick the best menu that does not disappoint but it takes me a long time to choose. When I select my work it’s slow but I’m sensible. If my mind does not get distressed I can not act well. I often act without being completely disturbed but I'm not good at it. I need to be able to convince myself and understand before I act on it. I will boldly make a choice if it is a work that can make my characters interest me even if my filmography don’t even reach 10 pieces. 

(t/n: I saw past interviews where she mentioned that both her parents are blood type A and she’s type A too)

> When you're working on a piece, do you focus on anything?

I think I see the texture and density and all that. It's a little different from what normal women are interested in, a soft romance but I don't think I'm interested. Even though I’m a year old I would like to do a romantic comedy with my male peers to my heart's content.

20150402225721575388.jpg

> Did Cho Jaehyun recommend the script to Kim AJoong, but was there any special reason?

I was actually looking for a play script. I want to conduct an experiment but doing personal experiments in commercial works can be harmful. That's why I found the play script and enjoyed reading it, and it was punch. I’m free so my agency recommend a lot of other works but if not for punch the plan to work is lost in the air (laughs).

> How about independent films instead of mainstream?

I saw the Academy Awards a while ago. I saw a lot of female actors’ work. It is true that there are not enough works to be done by the actresses in the domestic film industry. I want to do an independent film or a one-act play. I couldn't commercially guarantee anything but I have the will to do everything. Maybe I think it's time I put fun in acting and try something like that. I want to deal with it a lot. When I was in my mid-20s my mindset was 'can I do this?’ but now my thoughts when working is ‘how can I have fun?’ 

> What kind of actor would you like to stay with?

I don't think I made it yet and until now I don’t think I can make it yet. At that time I think meeting a good work and doing my best would made me well known. I hope I can build trust in movies and dramas that people will watch with me in it. I prefer people would say ‘All Kim AJoong’s works are fun’ rather than ‘Kim AJoong is pretty and her acting is good’

source

Sorry if there are repetitive q & a and grammatical errors bc I was having a little difficult trying to translate and edit this one :unsure:

Spoiler

Cho Jaehyun sunbae-nim must be really fond of AJ ㅋㅋ and that adidas jacket is quite familiar lol

07yTM1w.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

@nancy131 Thanks! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ she's so cute like a cat. (๑¯ω¯๑) I want to see here work on something like this again in the future. AJ is my new spirit animal! :wub:

@sarangashia thanks for sharing another interview of AJ. :lol: And that jacket does look familiar! Lol. I'll be sharing that pic on the gum couple thread coz it's so quiet. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

@sarangashia You're amazing! Thank you!!

I found these scans of New York Diary, it's good quality.

Scan0018.jpg?type=w420@2x

Others Link below:

Omo, that jacket. She could be wearing her own jacket then, in LUTYN bts.

@nancy131 doesn't look like AJ at all. Her style is similar to Jenny.

• Like 9

26 years old AJ.

Actually the poster wrote, 26 months old AJoong-ie ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

AJ once said she's 36 months old not 36 years old. Lol!!!

Spoiler

I think she wore eyelid tape back then. In 200 pounds her eyes are bigger and sharper, I think she got double eyelid surgery.

A lot of actress done it. It's not something bad, even actors got them done too.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

Happy lunar new year with AJ loving eyes on screen <3

i remembered AJ said she has no pressure in doing romantic scenes,maybe this's sort of confidence when you're a not-easy-to-fall-in-love type :3

and she's really good at this whatever kind of relationship her character's in

imagebe20e.jpg

@siena uri AJ dislike getting old and she always express it in a cute way ㅋㅋ

i guess this's the question about "36 months" of age on DC questionare,she seems like it ㅋㅋ

27858239_1823981870953891_69627347005640

• Like 8

I managed to do this in between breaks so sorry this is a rush work :D I was planning to do a layout but I don’t know how to use photoshop ;(( so let’s settle to this for now :lol:

My New York Diary

by AJoong Kim

JiPkBTA.jpg

Actress Kim AJoong who was selected as the lifestyle star editor of <InStyle>. Her first project is a New York diary. About her life in New York and the new beginning which she impart directly. 

I, Kim AJoong writing this and I’m currently in New York. After shooting the film, I packed my bags and headed to New York. Now I am focusing on living in a strange place by myself. People asked me why I left for New York, it’s because I wonder if anyone can do it all alone without help. Thank you for your concern, for your encouragement. When I was offered to plan my own article for <InStyle> as a star editor, I was really hesitant about it. However, borrowing the floor to convey my greetings personally to the readers I felt happy and it also seemed meaningful.

Spoiler

Why New York

After I saw the scenario of my movie <My P.S Partner> I was nervous so I put my heart into it. It’s my first movie after a long time. From pre-production to filming and work closely with the director as much as possible until the post-production. I wanted to communicate intensely. I spent the moment believing that the sincerity and effort will be passed on to the audience. However, it is not easy to fall in the empty hour after finishing the work or to get out of the character. You have to focus on something else or make a new excitement and New York is a good city to do such a cycle. Even if you split the day into several parts it is very busy and diverse. John Steinbeck said “Everything is gathered here, people, theaters, art, literature, publications, business, luxury, poverty and New York is the glue for everything.” 

1ftlEuJ.jpg

“When I listen to the language around me, I am upset that my acting has not yet given me confidence. At that time, instead of explaining to them I stop for a while and then took a breath.”

The day I left Seoul, I was hoping that I would meet a guy who’s tall and looked like a model or a sensual man like Steve Jobs. And that romance would be created in places such as in the movie <Before Sunrise> or <Before Sunset> However romance did not meet me, but it wasn’t long before when I came here there were 2 firearm incidents in a private educational institution. I was afraid if I could do well here since I have never lived or traveled alone. So the other day I walked for about 10 minutes and looked around with my eyes wide open for more than a dozen times and was startled at the slightest noise.W3u5ETV.jpg

My daily life in New York

From Monday to Friday I wake up at 6:50am, attends an English academy on Broadway by 1:00pm. From 4:00-8:00pm I attend a performing arts school at the Meatpacking District. On weekends, I check out the pile of e-mails sent from Seoul and read the scenarios. I go to galleries or concerts when I have time. At the same time while giving kind hospitality to travelers I often exchange conversation with strangers. I find myself without any idea and sometimes get trivial. 

I usually take acting lessons at a performing arts school but I can’t participate in the class because of my lacking English skills. At first I want to know only about the major curriculum of several academies in New York but then I got fascinated to talk about film director Woody Allen’s screenplay style at an institute. I have been this far. This is a place where actors who are active in Broadway are directly inspired and it gives me a lot of stimulation. Ranging from Shakespeare to Stanislavski’s system method of acting to the theory of new composition that understands modern mechanics.

“The Strand Bookstore is one of my favorite places in New York.”

3WXkKUW.jpg

There is not much time left to go back

I was new to New York but as I lowered my head and moved I felt grateful for the new encouragement. While watching various performances and musicals played in New York and watching great actresses inspiring many artists. Compared to them I have felt a lot of shortcomings as an actress but I was grateful that I could still play a part in the arts. I felt that my body and mind were healthy and I have to go back for a while to repay for that gratitude.

“Not long after I came to New York, I felt grateful as I lay off my thoughts and moved my body and encountered a new inspiration.”

T9uA7g9.jpg

source

I kinda copied the format of the mag so y’all can just check out the source, and I didn’t get to trans the captions on the photos she took bc the quality of the scans get blurry when zoomed :(

Well! What can I say??? I love a strong independent woman B) and oh! I lost my richard simmons when she mentioned my fave movie before sunrise ㅠㅡㅠ

Spoiler

@siena thanks for finding the link of the diary ㅋㅋ and btw regarding about the plastic surgery I love KAJ opinion about it, what’s wrong with wanting to be pretty? If it will make someone confident bc she did it who are we to judge, right? But uri AJ is not only pretty outside but also inside, she has such a beautiful soul <3 

edit:

@nancy131 She can create a chemistry with every of her co-stars, even with huge age gap actors like Hwang Jungmin, Park Shinyang, Joo Jinmo, Jisung and I enjoyed watching all of them with her. Maybe that is AJ’s charm ^_^

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

@sarangashiathank you for your hard wok <3

so at first she went to new york to get out of the character like most actors do travel after finishing filming.

"The day I left Seoul, I was hoping that I would meet a guy who’s tall and looked like a model or a sensual man like Steve Jobs. And that romance would be created in places such as in the movie <Before Sunrise> or <Before Sunset>"

this part reminds of sensimental AJ in Gyeongju when stylist Han said that AJ hope to find her other half at fall foliage place ㅋㅋ.Affection after having a romance on film right? :v

Her writing is thoughful and sincerce though and make me wanna travel like that not just for fun but for learning and being inspired

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Sharing this since they re-run the king again last night. I did a simple layout bc it will be easier for me instead of copying and editing it here :D

This is an interview of Director Han Jaerim where he mentioned AJ :) source

YBXR480.jpg

Spoiler

A deleted scene where Sanghee is holding a cigarette infront of Taesoo B) Actually fans are asking when are they gonna release the dcutㅠㅠㅠㅠ

85c2e520c2294fdae1ad22afe1c88309.gif

From dc questionnaire last time, they asked what character she played she wants to resemble the most and she answered Sanghee :wub: 

ReK0xvO.jpg

34df1b91fefd830e4fc6cb940b9403a3.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

@sarangashia You worked so hard by doing all these translations. Thank you so very much!!! With your translations we get to know AJ better, professionally and personally. She's indeed a girl crush, poom poom :D

@nancy131 I watched Let's Eat Dinner so many times ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Actually Han Hye Yeon said, AJ believes that her soulmate exists somewhere. I want to tell her (AJ) that there isn't such thing (soulmate).

In recent years she has been saying that she wants to find a man who shares the same mindset and interests like her. And she never really talks about physical, she once said she doesn't really care about it.

Someone who shares the same mindset and interests is a soulmate, right? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I really hope she founds her soulmate soon as she has been saying that she wants to get married and has many children.

This is trivial and not directly related to AJ. 

HanHyeYeon quiz, she had to choose one between A or B.

She failed at last question, the question was choose A. Kim AJoong or B. Han JiMin.

HHY cursed and said, I can't (choose one).....I can't.

Spoiler

Edited by siena
  • Like 8

@sarangashia thank you for the trans

AJ did a really good jod in "The King",sadly Han director had to cut out some of her scenes due to flow of the film.

AJ's been doing romantic comedy movie since her debut,SangHee character's like a turning point,hope to see her on drama film more

I think this's one of the deleted scenes

23843578_1615610638498314_23085558172749

btw Happy together made a phone call with AJ in their special episode ep 238 (10th anniversary),she couldnt come because of schedule conflict

Happy together ep 238 (9:21)

• Like 6