Official Kim Ah Joong 김아중

Cherryblossom18

@nancy131 Punch is one brilliant show :wink:

Good day majoongies :tongue: slow days for us right? :lol: I’m happy I found the full interview of her grazia mag photoshoot she did during the king promotion. I said this already and will never get tired of saying it again, AJ is such a matured intelligent woman, I’m never bored when doing her interviews lol and I also got to learn something from her, she’s truly an inspiration <3

Spoiler

Can you hear me?

Kim AJoong is an actor with her own rhythm. Each one has a calm and graceful movement, she slowly throws away every word without any rush. In fact this photoshoot started with her idea. Showing a draft plan before the meeting Kim AJoong stated “I wish there is a continuity with the character in the movie. How about a retro concept?” Her eyes glistened although she spoke with a sourish tone. The clear self-assurance underlying within her. That is why I felt no anxiety at all with her rhythm.

The collab with Jo Insung and Jung Woosung in <The King> just imagining the working environment is heartwarming.

Hahaha. That’s true. People say it’s a blessed working environment and I agree but it seemed like I’m the only one who didn’t get to enjoy. (laughs)

Why?

At first, I didn't even have time to feel that way. I think I'm nervous. I was the last to join and never saw the pre-production process. I felt like a private who had just joined the army. (laughs) Like in a military discipline condition.

A mindset of a rookie?

I literally had a long challenge since I was a rookie, but it was too difficult. I also realized that my acting was lacking.

Even so Jung Woosung and Jo Insung have been acting for more than 10 years, and they didn't carry them on a one-top basis like their previous counterparts. You could have enjoyed it a little more.

I never really felt comfortable or confident about any of the actors I met. I always worry and feel nervous but I think it produces a good result. Actually, I'm nervous about doing this photoshoot today. I do not think it’s simple to say ‘I want to wear pretty clothes and look cool'. No matter what I do I have that kind of tension that I want my heart to pass on. This feeling will never become dull after 10 years.

The movie <The King> is like the korean version of <The Wolf of Wall Street> what kind of movie is it?

It's a black comedy. Taesoo(Jo Insung) who wanted to live in power and win, meets power elite Kangshik(Jung Woosung) who rules the nation and steps up to the throne. I thought it was an exaggerated black comedy when I first read the scenario but I think it's a realistic movie nowadays. Haha

Your role in the movie is Sanghee, what kind of character is she?

She is an announcer and the daughter of a wealthy family. She is a good figure for her husband who entered politics. She fills her own desire. 

Sanghee is actually used as a supporting character in the movie. Not only the movie <The King> but the film market in Korea have few characters that actresses can play as a leading role. As an actress do you feel bad or thirst for this? 

Sigh. Of course! Relatively lacking not at this level, but really too much. If the market itself is large like Hollywood there will be various opportunities in the form of small budgets and independent films but we are even short of them because our country is small in size.

You must have seen a lot of things while working as a PR ambassador for the Seoul International Women's Film Festival for two years. What do you think should be the first thing that should change in Korean cinema?

I want to change the perception that female-centered stories are not commercial. Gender is just a tiny factor in the box office. In fact in order to compare the results of a gender-based show the rest of the conditions must be the same. If the perception changes you'll see a more diverse range of female films. It is still regrettable that many women are only appealing as a sexual function. 

If you were to make a female version of <The King> what would be your most coveted role?

By all means it would be Taesoo. While filming I told Jo Insung-ssi ‘Oppa good for you, to be able to act like this before you die’ It's a great fortune for an actor to do a movie that follows a person's life story. Plus with a very stylish director. 

Who would be the actor you would like to have the role of Han Kangshik?

Kim Hyesoo sunbae-nim! or Jeon Doyeon sunbae-nim or Moon Sori sunbae-nim. I really want to try it together with them. 

I would love to see that movie sometime. In addition to this, you have appeared in many dramas that shows strong social consciousness of poisonous society like drama <Punch> and <Wanted>.

They're not conditional or a criterion when choosing a work. But I try to care about social issues though. The characters I play are all part of a society. In that sense, I think we are more interested in people than in society.

After the drama <Wanted> you also got a nickname 'The Thriller Queen'. Even your master's thesis, do you originally like this genre? 

I did not like it from the beginning but I gradually got 'affection' while acting. The subject of the thesis is that the thriller genre is poured into the Korean movie industry but few actresses were able to do it. I was wondering why. Thriller is actually a genre that is very loyal to the audience. There is also a power to make the audience concentrate on the story itself rather than the characters. It would be a more attractive genre for producers than for actors.

Whether it's an independent film or a commercial film, don't you feel like making your own movies later?

I'm not interested in making, planning, directing but I can do it as a way to convey my thoughts. That's why I started this job.

What does it mean to convey your heart? Do you mean you want to share the feelings with others?

I started this work because I couldn't forget how I felt when I saw an interesting drama or movie. I have the desire to make people experience such feelings rather than wanting to show my beautiful and cool side. 

Did you ever get that kind of feeling?

I remember when I was a kid my mother cried as she watched the female lead in the TV drama <Bestseller Theater> shed tears due to conflict with her mother-in-law. But after the TV drama is over she wake up, hum along to the song and wash the dishes.

That is called ‘catharsis’.

That’s right. And I was like 'Ah, that sadness on the television doesn't lead to real grief but to a better vitality of my mom. I want to be someone who sway someone's feelings like that’. 

If you need to introduce yourself to someone who knew nothing about actor Kim AJoong, which work will you choose?

Woah, this is hard. Uhm... I will choose <That Fool>.

It's a drama that you got paired up with actor Hwang Jungmin, right? I remember it receiving a favorable reviews as a good drama.

Actually my acting is immature and I'm really embarrassed. Whether I was acting well or not, beautiful or not, I’m just there at that time. Kim AJoong as an actress, Kim AJoong as a person and a 29 year old woman Kim AJoong. 

A few years ago in an interview with a magazine when asked about ‘beauty tips to look pretty’ you answered ‘It's a secret that doing something that is out of your character will look you pretty’. What do you mean by that?

I don’t know. I think I'm getting to know myself now. Sometimes I feel like I don't know much about me as Kim AJoong more than I do know about actor Kim AJoong. Of course, I want to be seen and loved by the public. When I stand in front of an audience I often do something that doesn't look like me. Whether it's a small gesture, a facial expression or wearing a dress. But eventually I turn around and regret it. I would rather be honest with myself than wrapping myself according to standards set by others in the spirit of being loved. I think that's how I feel about being really happy.

Did you start thinking about this in your 30s? 

That's right. That is why I love being in my 30s. I used to be so absorbed in the middle of the night with my work <200 Pounds Beauty>. ‘What if I can’t meet their expectation’, ‘What if I don't act well compared to the love I get?’, ‘What if my next work isn't good?’ the burden grown in me. 

But now?

Now I think like ‘So what if I get swear at?’, ‘Let’s just do it’, ‘Just keep acting’. Haha

Don't you want to go back to those days?

Phew. It’s awful. People may think those days were my heyday but I'm much better off now.

source

Spoiler

From the photoshoot :wub:

33106-201427-sampleM.jpg

33106-201428-sampleM.jpg

33106-201429-sampleM.jpg

33106-201431-sampleM.jpg

33106-201430-sampleM.jpg

33106-201433-sampleM.jpg

33106-201432-sampleM.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

@sarangashia she express her thoughts so well,proves that how eloquent and mature actress she is!

regarding her answer i need to finish "That fool" drama soon :3 it's not one of her best works but maybe its her healing one and truly reflect herself at the age of 29.

And I'm really hope she'll film her own woman movie that she wanted long time ago soon ( she even were jealous of Jo In Sung with his roles in 'The King' :3)

• Like 4

@nancy131

Spoiler

The damage has been done

http://m.dcinside.com/view.php?id=kimajoong&no=93529&page=1

Many of them are angry of her unprofessionalism. Some even mocking her saying tomorrow we will see her vacation picture. Many of them are givin up on her. Someone even brought up her past scandal and said she couldn't shield her anymore.

This is aweful.

No matter what had happened she should stay professional tho. Do it separately if she doesn't wanna do it together with the male lead. It was one of the choices offered by fans to her. Do it together or separately.

• Sad 7

I really have a love-hate relationship with king ent. can’t they just sit their and give response like ‘busy sched’??? like wow! who on earth would believe that? I understand lutyn fans are very angry right now bc they promise at first that she will give a commentary but it hurts me seeing she got all the blame :(

• Sad 8

Something serious must have happened so that I do not want to make the comment ... I do not think it has a busy schedule ... a pity everything that happened I have waited a lot for the DVD no longer has the same value without comment

• Like 1

With what's going on now, all I can say is that we don't know the whole story yet. I can understand why a lot of fans are angry right now, i'm quite disappointed too. But i always bear in mind that even if we call ourselves the "biggest fan" of any actors/actresses, we shouldn't expect them to do everything we want them to do at any given time. We don't own them. We support them. They didn't force us to like them in the first place. It just so happened that we liked something about them or their works that we decided to support them and be a fan. We are the ones who chose to support them, invest our time and attention to them, and give our love to them. In return, actors/actresses show their appreciation in various ways (fanmeets, new projects, interviews, even the occasional fan serving, etc.) And it would be nice if we'll all just be contented and be happy with that, no matter how seldom those kind of stuff we get, in this case, from AJ. For me, it's her sincerity that counts.

I believe that there are more things we don't know behind her decision. We'll just have to wait...all good things to those who wait, as the saying goes. I am holding onto what she had written on the questionnaire that she will make us happy..it is possible that all this time she's been preparing something for us...who knows, maybe she has something up her sleeves and that we just have to wait for a little while, eh? so be it ^_^ AJ unnie, satisfy us in due time!!! :wink::D

At this point, I really still have hope. There are many good things that AJ has done that made me love her as an actress and as a person and this little hitch isn't enough for me to overlook those good stuff about her. :heart:

sorry for my rambling...for my lengthy post... it's just that i'm getting sad and worried from the hate that she's getting from dc gall :cry:

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

@bumbleisbee Yes!! You took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you for that post. 

I actually saw one ridiculous comment and had a wtf moment lol. Everything she do and will do in the future is beyond our control we are just here to support her as her fans, let’s just trust her :) Now that I’ve calmed myself down lemme go back to translate another article ㅋㅋ You guys wait for it :D

• Like 5

I sent a message to the instagram of kaj ... I'm sorry but I did and we made a very big effort for the DVD ... I want both of them to be in the comment ... I do not know if I read my message but at least I tried ... I still wonder how serious it was for Kaj to reject the comment ....

@bumbleisbee I totally agree with you!

It looks like the fans lost their trust. I couldn't blame them because the commentary was a selling point for the dcut. But I hope they will also understand that being busy doesn't only restrict her activities as an actress. She also have her personal/private life to be busy about. I'm also hoping for king ent to give a concrete answer and fix the issue so it won't become a scandal because I don't want AJ to look like the bad guy here. 

@sarangashia I'm looking forward to the next article! :D

• Like 6

29496552_1735397459852964_23443946914971
seriously,I'm so done with some delusional posts towards her decision not to participate in the commentary.As AJ's fan,i feel offended so let me put out my theory
from her interview last october (trans by @sarangashia )
"I don’t like a work that just inserted fun to be interesting. I like the work that clearly expresses the story I want and unravels it."
" What’s unfortunate was that there was a setup to experience the Imjin War and Choi Yeonkyung needed to be separated with HeoIm to make the romance more poignant so I could not show the professional part of Choi Yeonkyung in depth. "
from the beginning LUTYN's main theme is 'how to be a good doctor',the romance developed quite late and receive postive review from fan due to 2 lead actors chemistry so i think writer-nim want to coutinue with it and AJ cant help but gave her best since its her job to create chemistry.Now its over,the commentary's some kind of fan service and she knew they're going to add some romantic scenes in this,she feels unnecessary and want to emphasize the main message of this drama.
i know i'm biased but she's always a thoughtful person when it comes to work so one sided love opinion is a big no to me!!

Still wait for a better explaination from King,I'd rather good management than just some nice photos and vlive T__T

• Like 6

6 hours ago, nancy131 said:

Hide contents

29496552_1735397459852964_23443946914971
seriously,I'm so done with some delusional posts towards her decision not to participate in the commentary.As AJ's fan,i feel offended so let me put out my theory
from her interview last october (trans by @sarangashia )
"I don’t like a work that just inserted fun to be interesting. I like the work that clearly expresses the story I want and unravels it."
" What’s unfortunate was that there was a setup to experience the Imjin War and Choi Yeonkyung needed to be separated with HeoIm to make the romance more poignant so I could not show the professional part of Choi Yeonkyung in depth. "
from the beginning LUTYN's main theme is 'how to be a good doctor',the romance developed quite late and receive postive review from fan due to 2 lead actors chemistry so i think writer-nim want to coutinue with it and AJ cant help but gave her best since its her job to create chemistry.Now its over,the commentary's some kind of fan service and she knew they're going to add some romantic scenes in this,she feels unnecessary and want to emphasize the main message of this drama.
i know i'm biased but she's always a thoughtful person when it comes to work so one sided love opinion is a big no to me!!

Still wait for a better explaination from King,I'd rather good management than just some nice photos and vlive T__T

Spoiler

What you said is actually more logical and reasonable. ^_^ I actually stopped reading the fan theories because it creates negativity. I felt bad for her and it's unfair to interpret it without knowing the full story. 

I think King is just letting the issue die and it kinda felt like they left us hanging. I wish we'd get an update soon.

• Like 5

Spoiler

About this recent situation, at first I was kinda questioning her professionalism... but yesterday I have come to my sense. AJ would not do something without a proper consideration.

I read ugly messages on her DC gallery, mostly already got deleted. I understand their anger because it's not a short notice schedule. King canceled it in such short notice in January and the dvd team already infomed them that it should be rescheduled either in February or March the latest. February was not possible because the lead actor had to prepare his fanmeeting. However it turns out that in March AJ is already busy with something else.

Some people in other thread speculated that AJ is on a bad term with the male lead. I'm sorry, but it sounds like a makjang drama. No need to overspeculate it. No one knows what's her reason but I don't think it's because of that. She has an option to do the recording alone. Yesterday there was a message on her DC gallery and I think this fans made a logical opinion. Unfortunately the message got deleted. It said, perhaps AJ agreed to do it at first thinking that it would be like movie commentary which only the actors' voice would be heard. She never did a drama commentary which is different. All actors would sit down in front of a camera and do a commentary of some scenes from the drama. This person said, maybe she feels burdened by it.

Anyways, a fans called King and King said it's not possible for AJ to do it. No time. On monday King will release an official schedule which seems to be the reason AJ couldn't do it.

Please be it a movie......please. I wanna see her working again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, siena said:
  Reveal hidden contents

About this recent situation, at first I was kinda questioning her professionalism... but yesterday I have come to my sense. AJ would not do something without a proper consideration.

I read ugly messages on her DC gallery, mostly already got deleted. I understand their anger because it's not a short notice schedule. King canceled it in such short notice in January and the dvd team already infomed them that it should be rescheduled either in February or March the latest. February was not possible because the lead actor had to prepare his fanmeeting. However it turns out that in March AJ is already busy with something else.

Some people in other thread speculated that AJ is on a bad term with the male lead. I'm sorry, but it sounds like a makjang drama. No need to overspeculate it. No one knows what's her reason but I don't think it's because of that. She has an option to do the recording alone. Yesterday there was a message on her DC gallery and I think this fans made a logical opinion. Unfortunately the message got deleted. It said, perhaps AJ agreed to do it at first thinking that it would be like movie commentary which only the actors' voice would be heard. She never did a drama commentary which is different. All actors would sit down in front of a camera and do a commentary of some scenes from the drama. This person said, maybe she feels burdened by it.

Anyways, a fans called King and King said it's not possible for AJ to do it. No time. On monday King will release an official schedule which seems to be the reason AJ couldn't do it.

Please be it a movie......please. I wanna see her working again.

I hope to see you again in a project soon ...

• Like 3

@siena She is someone who doesn’t take her decisions lightly. And if that busy sched really means a new project I’ll be really happy ㅋㅋ A movie is a big yes to me, time to strengthen her filmography again since she really did great with her dramas. Wanna see her do stage greetings and movie talks :D

Spoiler

A sneak peek of another trans I’m doing this is quite long, just the intro and it took me hours already lol hopefully I can finish it early this week :)

See how professional our girl is? She’s even concern of how the tone of her voice and her pronunciation :lol:

4mmFJij.jpg

09ZrLLD.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5