I take her declining Romcom King as a blessing. TBH I've seen the Japanese drama and I wasn't too crash hot about it, I genuinely think there will be a better offer in the second half of the year (dare I say or hope that just maybe she may get offered the drama So Ji Sub will be doing in Aug/Sept although the team behind it is questionable) either that or by some miracle Noh Hee Kyung comes knocking on her door with a offer *I need Lee Kwang Soo to put in a few words lol*. I just want a good drama to come her way, if we have to wait a little longer then so be it.

I'm still wary of the Raging Bull casting, I really am hoping her role isn't just her there waiting and actually gets given something to do.

2 hours ago, KDIK said:

I take her declining Romcom King as a blessing. TBH I've seen the Japanese drama and I wasn't too crash hot about it, I genuinely think there will be a better offer in the second half of the year (dare I say or hope that just maybe she may get offered the drama So Ji Sub will be doing in Aug/Sept although the team behind it is questionable) either that or by some miracle Noh Hee Kyung comes knocking on her door with a offer *I need Lee Kwang Soo to put in a few words lol*. I just want a good drama to come her way, if we have to wait a little longer then so be it.

I'm still wary of the Raging Bull casting, I really am hoping her role isn't just her there waiting and actually gets given something to do.

Welcome to the Song Ji Hyo thread KDIK, it's so nice to see more Song Ji Hyo fans join her thread, post aften post long, and I soo agree with what you wrote above,  think we all feel the same way, we would rather wait a bit longer for a really good drama then see her take a drama that's not worth the time and effort. I'm really interested in hearing more about the movie "Raging Bull" it's a remake of taken and "Taken" has been a movie my best friend has warmly recommended to me soo many times before, so i think in terms of storyline and cast this Movie would be really interesting, and i doubt Song Ji Hyo would accept the movie if her role wasn't important and significent, so i don't think we have to worry about that.

Now that we are talking about movies gapiplus updates the Box office ranks, and Song Ji Hyo's Movie "What A Man Wants is nr 1# the last two consequetive days:

Dab9m1oUwAEDepO.jpg

Dab9npdU8AEiU2f.jpg

"Movie #WhataManWants 5th & 6th day box office statistics (cr. KOBIS, updated at 11APR 00:00) Back to #1 for 2 days! Over 7.2million!"

But i don't understand what does she mean with 7,2 millions?

• Like 4

IDK where 7.2 million came from, all I know is the total gross so far is 5,872,684,741 won & 728,631 admissions. I hope they get to reach 1 million club *fingers-crossed*. From what I heard the word-of-mouth for the film has been strong hence why they reclaimed the No.1 position at the box office again post release.

Really happy her new film is doing well. It's a great cast, so happy for them all. 

I'm sorry I'm going to complain again. LOL I feel like I'm complaining every time I post here, but seriously, I need to get this out. I really hope Ji-hyo leaves Runing Man (I sound like a broken record lololol). Every day, I hope to wake up to news that she announces she is leaving. I just feel like even the members don't even like her. From watching interactions here and there, it just seems like they don't like being in the same team as her. Even more than normal. Also, as if asking her about Gary and Monday Couple wasn't enough back in the day, now they keep asking her about Jong-kook. Wtf... Like seriously. It's as if the media cannot comprehend her worth outside of pushing her together with a man. And same with the producers on RM. They keep pushing this agenda like it's endgame. She is worth more than being part of a "ship." It's so maddening to see it constantly. I was secretly happy when Gary left RM because then we can stop with the monday couple nonsense, but now they just push her with another man as if she cannot stand on her own two feet. I cannot. 

And that interview where she talks about not getting any drama/film offers for a long time? It made me think that it was her being on RM's fault. I actually really think it has something to do with it. Because her image on that show was so strong and fresh on everyone's minds. Honestly, I am grateful to RM for a few things because let's be real, it has done her loads for international fame and even domestic fame. But there is the thing with being loyal to a fault, which as a fan of the actress, I am going to call out on. I really respected Song Joong-ki's decision to leave RM to focus on his acting career. I was pleasantly surprised when it happened, and I hoped Ji-hyo would do the same some time down the road. And I still do. I do hope she gets more drama and film offers. I loved her as an actress first and foremost, and will not mind her doing guest spots here and there on variety shows. Sigh. But I'll still support her even if she stays on RM. T_T Because I can't quit our girl. She's still my favorite. 

Sorry for the long rant. XD 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, shineweare said:

Really happy her new film is doing well. It's a great cast, so happy for them all. 

I'm sorry I'm going to complain again. LOL I feel like I'm complaining every time I post here, but seriously, I need to get this out. I really hope Ji-hyo leaves Runing Man (I sound like a broken record lololol). Every day, I hope to wake up to news that she announces she is leaving. I just feel like even the members don't even like her. From watching interactions here and there, it just seems like they don't like being in the same team as her. Even more than normal. Also, as if asking her about Gary and Monday Couple wasn't enough back in the day, now they keep asking her about Jong-kook. Wtf... Like seriously. It's as if the media cannot comprehend her worth outside of pushing her together with a man. And same with the producers on RM. They keep pushing this agenda like it's endgame. She is worth more than being part of a "ship." It's so maddening to see it constantly. I was secretly happy when Gary left RM because then we can stop with the monday couple nonsense, but now they just push her with another man as if she cannot stand on her own two feet. I cannot. 

And that interview where she talks about not getting any drama/film offers for a long time? It made me think that it was her being on RM's fault. I actually really think it has something to do with it. Because her image on that show was so strong and fresh on everyone's minds. Honestly, I am grateful to RM for a few things because let's be real, it has done her loads for international fame and even domestic fame. But there is the thing with being loyal to a fault, which as a fan of the actress, I am going to call out on. I really respected Song Joong-ki's decision to leave RM to focus on his acting career. I was pleasantly surprised when it happened, and I hoped Ji-hyo would do the same some time down the road. And I still do. I do hope she gets more drama and film offers. I loved her as an actress first and foremost, and will not mind her doing guest spots here and there on variety shows. Sigh. But I'll still support her even if she stays on RM. T_T Because I can't quit our girl. She's still my favorite. 

That's fine. Most of us here shared the same thoughts. I have given up on RM for awhile. 

I think the other problems with drama offers are the obsessions with a huge age gap between actors and actresses these days. Most of offers these days aim for young idols or actresses (age-wise, not necessary appearance) - and pair them with actors that were 7-15 years older. The exceptions are a few rare ones on cable (not that anything is wrong with cable) or scripts that specifically mentioned that female lead is MUCH older than male lead.

Actresses like SJH were typically typecast against the role of working women/ over-30-but-still-single woman or any other roles they have gained success before. This happened with almost all serious actresses I have liked, now with the rise of idols turned actresses it is even worse. And yeah I do hope she leaves RM, at least remove one negative thing.

She is getting more film offers these days- film is still a relatively male-dominated industry in Korea so what we are having is a good sign I guess.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coffeecoffee said:

That's fine. Most of us here shared the same thoughts. I have given up on RM for awhile. 

I think the other problems with drama offers are the obsessions with a huge age gap between actors and actresses these days. Most of offers these days aim for young idols or actresses (age-wise, not necessary appearance) - and pair them with actors that were 7-15 years older. The exceptions are a few rare ones on cable (not that anything is wrong with cable) or scripts that specifically mentioned that female lead is MUCH older than male lead.

Actresses like SJH were typically typecast against the role of working women/ over-30-but-still-single woman or any other roles they have gained success before. This happened with almost all serious actresses I have liked, now with the rise of idols turned actresses it is even worse. And yeah I do hope she leaves RM, at least remove one negative thing.

She is getting more film offers these days- film is still a relatively male-dominated industry in Korea so what we are having is a good sign I guess.  

Yes especially in the action genre, but despite it being a very male dominated genre, she has been getting alot of action and romantic lead roles, with her movie topping the box office, she will likely get even more.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, shineweare said:

I don't know where you get this from,  just last week She was Invited on Ji Suk Jins Radio show and he kept praising her thoughout the broadcast and showing his affection and fondness of her to all people, the Week before before Joongkook invited her on the show "My Little Old Boy"  for two consequetive episodes with him, the week before Haha was fighting so hard to team with her against sangyeob, Haha keeps mentioning Song Ji Hyo on the show he is in etc. Song Ji Hyo is a long term member and friend the other original members, so the original members may feel they need to take care of the new guests who are new to the variety world, but that doesn't mean they aren't close anymore,  if you want to judge peoples relationship judge it from outside RM and there you will see the way the original members always support eachother showing their real relationship with eachother, i have never seen a cast soo supportive of eachother like a real family. as for the new RM management that's a different story but i like you don't care much about RM,  I knew that after that scandal things would not go back to normal on that show, Song Ji Hyo is active in soo many  different projects, killing it each time she appears on a project, her new Movie is topping the boxoffice, each of her appearences on different shows helped them gain the highest rating when she guested, so she really doesn't need RM, I like you would sooo much rather see her film an extra drama and movie where she is the main focus, then see her on RM where the spotlight is shared with soo many people making you question is it worth the time and effort to spend two days every week filming RM, when she instead could use that time to film a new drama/movie or do another show where she is the main focus and spotlight, I personally also don't think RM is worth her time, she has been getting lead offers in dramas, movies, on other variety show as permanent member, and who knows how many other offers she has been getting that's not been published to the public!

Song Ji hyo seems soo much happier, more comfortable, and freer on all the other projects and shows she has been working on recently compared RM.

• Like 1

@mary-ann I questioned the relationship between members bc it feels a little stilted at times on the show. The radio show appearance with Suk-jin was nice. But I've been seeing clips here and there on instagram, and I can't pinpoint the exact ones now, but even in the behind-the-scenes photos she looks like she is placed distantly to the members. In the end, I just wish she leaves the show soon. LOL T_T

1 hour ago, shineweare said:

@mary-ann I questioned the relationship between members bc it feels a little stilted at times on the show. The radio show appearance with Suk-jin was nice. But I've been seeing clips here and there on instagram, and I can't pinpoint the exact ones now, but even in the behind-the-scenes photos she looks like she is placed distantly to the members. In the end, I just wish she leaves the show soon. LOL T_T

I didn't notice anything unusual, but maybe they had an argument the day before, anyway i don't think we should specualte to much on things we can never know. Right now the only thing i can think of is which project she will take on next, and when her new beauty show will be subbed :)

Anyway, you are right. Will try to keep the complaining down to a minimum heh. I’m really happy though that her movie is doing well. Was hoping the movie would release in the states because they occasionally release Korean films here in my local movie theatres. But they didn’t :( Anyway, can’t wait to see what she does next. 

7 hours ago, shineweare said:

Anyway, you are right. Will try to keep the complaining down to a minimum heh. I’m really happy though that her movie is doing well. Was hoping the movie would release in the states because they occasionally release Korean films here in my local movie theatres. But they didn’t :( Anyway, can’t wait to see what she does next. 

The Movie has just been released last week, if it's going to be released in the states it will likely happen later, presumably after a few month :)

Top 10 Hot and Most Beautiful Korean Actresses in 2018

3. Song Ji Hyo

Song-Ji-Hyo.png

South Korean actress and model, Song Ji Hyo was a cover model for Kiki Magazine before started acting career. She made her film debut in feature movie Wishing Stairs in 2003. However, Song has gained huge public attention for her leading role in the film A Frozen Flower in 2008 and the TV series, emergency Couple in 2014. She is one of the regular casts of of the South Korean variety show “Running Man” since 2010. The 36-years lady is claiming the number#3 position in our most beautiful Korean actresses list.

Source: http://worldtopbest.com/beautiful-korean-actresses/#comment-3

• Like 3

Hey guys it's soo quit these past two days, i know you are lurking haha, does anyone know if Song Ji Hyo accepted the action movie offer, as far as i know they were planning to film here in a few days so if she hasn't answered we will likely know if she accepts within days right?