5 minutes ago, songjihyofan said:

Would be glad if she will accept this offer. Btw, I was just wondering why there's no direct confirmation from MY Company that Ji Hyo really accepted the drama offer for "Romantic Comedy King".

That's because she is currently reviewing the offer, she has'nt accepted it yet, but they said in the article she is positively reviewing it, so the chances that she might take on this offer to star in the upcoming movie "Raging Bull" seem good :)

By the way i just found out that the genre s action AND thriller, now it's been quite a while since she stared in a thriller, sounds interesting!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, songjihyofan said:

Would be glad if she will accept this offer. Btw, I was just wondering why there's no direct confirmation from MY Company that Ji Hyo really accepted the drama offer for "Romantic Comedy King".

oh you were talking about her upcoming drama "Romantic comedy king" wasn't there several article wrote it was confirmed? do you think she might be still considering the drama offer?

37 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

That's because she is currently reviewing the offer, she has'nt accepted it yet, but they said in the article she is positively reviewing it, so the chances that she might take on this offer to star in the upcoming movie "Raging Bull" seem good :)

By the way i just found out that the genre s action AND thriller, now it's been quite a while since she stared in a thriller, sounds interesting!

Wow, if she will accept the movie offer, Song Ji Hyo will surely be busier with her tight schedule. My only concern is her health. I watched some clips during their stage greetings last Saturday and it was noticeable that she coughed a few times. Hope she will take enough rest before she start filming either for drama or movie or both.

Yeah, the movie's story line reminds me of the Hollywood movie "Taken". Surely interesting even if her role is a kidnapped wife. :) 

4 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

oh you were talking about her upcoming drama "Romantic comedy king" wasn't there several article wrote it was confirmed? do you think she might be still considering the drama offer?

Yes, Showbiz Korea confirmed it, but I saw gapiplus' reply to one commenter that there's still no confirmation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, songjihyofan said:

Wow, if she will accept the movie offer, Song Ji Hyo will surely be busier with her tight schedule. My only concern is her health. I watched some clips during their stage greetings last Saturday and it was noticeable that she coughed a few times. Hope she will take enough rest before she start filming either for drama or movie or both.

Yeah, the movie's story line reminds me of the Hollywood movie "Taken". Surely interesting even if her role is a kidnapped wife. :) 

Yes, Showbiz Korea confirmed it, but I saw gapiplus' reply to one commenter that there's still no confirmation.

Yes "Taken" was a big popular movie, and i'm sure the korean version will be interesting, I was just hoping Song Ji Hyo next action movie would be that of a spy, dobbelagent, kind of like the recently released " Red Sparrow", She would totally nail it in this kind of role!

6 minutes ago, mary-ann said:

Yes "Taken" was a big popular movie, and i'm sure the korean version will be interesting, I was just hoping Song Ji Hyo next action movie would be that of a spy, dobbelagent, kind of like the recently released " Red Sparrow", She would totally nail it in this kind of role!

I've read some articles regarding the offer and this movie entitled "Raging Bull" is like the Korean version of the hit movie "Taken". :) 

Who knows after this movie, Ji Hyo will be offered a lead role portraying a spy. :wink: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, songjihyofan said:

I've read some articles regarding the offer and this movie entitled "Raging Bull" is like the Korean version of the hit movie "Taken". :) 

Who knows after this movie, Ji Hyo will be offered a lead role portraying a spy. :wink: 

Well let's do a remake of "taken" and then if a remake of "Red Sparrow" is being done I hope Song ji Hyo will be the one to play the female lead and dobbelspy in it, damn she would totally nail the role!

• Like 2

Actress Song Ji-Hyo Joins Action Star Ma Dong-Seok for Upcoming Film ‘Raging Bull

201804091344778255_5acaeff93adf1.jpg

Song Ji-hyo joins Ma Dong-seok in a new action thriller movie.

According to OSEN news on April 9, actress and “Running Man” member Song Ji-hyo has accepted an offer for a leading role in the upcoming action-thriller Raging Bull.

Raging Bull is a new film directed by Kim Min-ho. In the story, a husband, play by Ma Dong-seok, goes on a journey to save his wife who has been kidnapped by a vicious villain and his gang. Along the way, the Ma’s character enlists the help of a few people to destroy the gang and save his wife.

With this acceptance, Song takes on the role of Ma Dong-seok’s wife. Reportedly, she is kidnapped by a brutal victim that sets the pace and context of the story. Moreover, given the news, many fans are anticipating the two actor’s on-screen “marriage chemistry.”

This new film is widely considered the Korean industry’s version of the 2008 film Taken that stars Liam Neeson. With this in mind, many wonder if the movie will show acceptable popularity and build a solid reputation as the Korean Taken. Besides concerns about the film’s future performance, many have a positive reaction to the developing cast of Raging Bull.

Source: http://kpoplove.koreadaily.com/actress-song-ji-ho-joins-action-star-ma-dong-seok-for-upcoming-film-raging-bull/

It's now confirmed guys, Song Ji Hyo is casted in the leading role for the Action/Thriller remake of  "Taken"  :)

• Like 3

• mary-ann changed the title to Song Ji Hyo 송지효 Current Movie "What a Man Wants" Upcoming Beauty Show "Song Ji Hyo's Beautiful Life"
26 minutes ago, bcy635 said:

I just saw the news as well, I was really looking forward to see her in a new romantic drama soon, but i understand with all these projects she has to choose, i'm hoping she will do another romantic drama later this year!

• Like 4

Yeah, even though I love to see her in a drama - the time invested in one is too much for a decision to be taken lightly.

Plus I hope she will take a role in big 3 channel - it has been too long. Also this has proved that a lot of news venue had been translated the news wrongly

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, coffeecoffee said:

Yeah, even though I love to see her in a drama - the time invested in one is too much for a decision to be taken lightly.

Plus I hope she will take a role in big 3 channel - it has been too long. Also this has proved that a lot of news venue had been translated the news wrongly

Yes i totally agree, the time invested in one is too much to take the decision lightly, but i still hope she will do a romantic drama soon, i personally don't care about channels, the most important is that it's an interesting plot, good script and it's with good talented cast

• Like 3

Chun Jung Myung also declined the drama.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/10/chun-jung-myung-song-ji-hyo-decline-roles-absolute-boyfriend-remake-yeo-jin-goo-talks/

My personal opinion is that I think between the two, Ji Hyo will choose the movie offer. Also, she's very busy with two shows, adding another one is indeed very tiring for her. What more if she will accept the drama. It's okay if she declined it 'coz for sure there will be better drama offers in the future. :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, songjihyofan said:

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/10/chun-jung-myung-song-ji-hyo-decline-roles-absolute-boyfriend-remake-yeo-jin-goo-talks/

My personal opinion is that I think between the two, Ji Hyo will choose the movie offer. Also, she's very busy with two shows, adding another one is indeed very tiring for her. What more if she will accept the drama. It's okay if she declined it 'coz for sure there will be better drama offers in the future. :) 

yes i think you are right,  i think the she might prefer filming the movie , that aside most popular male actors were already casted  in other dramas, so waiting to take on a drama later might be better!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, songjihyofan said:

Ay, the whole thing seems so flaky. Even OCN confirmed they will not air the drama - it seems like nothing was actually confirmed but for some reasons the news just got out. No wonder why she denies it (on top of other reasons already mentioned here).

Kinda relieved as well because the rejection would cause her no problem with the channel - the drama world is so full of networking-and-who-you-know these days with big agency swoop in many offers.

I noticed her label mate Goo Jae Yee is in a supporting role in OCN drama with Han Ga In. Good for her and My Company , hopefully her brother would debut in an official drama soon.

P.S: I can't say I am not disappointed though, JH news has been quiet down as compared to promotion period before.

• Like 2