[drama 2006] Goodbye Solo 굿바이 솔로

creidesca

Guest suzziee

question has there only been 3 episodes out?

yes, episode 4 airs in a couple of hours

im currently watching episode 3- will post a synopsis in a couple of hours. :) I'm really liking this- the dimension of character development and the connection I feel towards the characters in the mere number of episodes is amazing!

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest banana_milk

^suzziee! You're watching this? Then I must watch it :D I've downloaded the episodes, but i haven't found the time to watch them.

Yoon So Yi isn't good? Aw, I thought she'd be good since she's taken a few leads already for a few movies and a drama.

Guest chubbyone

Please can someone be so kind as to put a ysi link or megaupload for episode 3? For some reasons, I just cannot download from CB. Thanks!

Guest sharonstar

CHUN JUNG MYUNG --IS SOOOO CUTE IN HERE~!!

i wanna bite him... lick him... omg... i'm a perv!!!

NUH~~ MOOO~~ GUI~~~ YUH~~~ WOE~~~~ BOOHOOOOO

star

`

ps. my friend looks like yoonsohee -0- word

Guest mangomania

hi!

Thanks for uploading and sharing the episodes! would appreciate it if someone could upload ep.3. :blush:

I think I saw ep.4 today. It was the first time that I watched the drama but I really liked it! can´t wait to see the other episodes! It´s so much fun! hahahahah :w00t:

Guest suzziee

^suzziee! You're watching this? Then I must watch it :D I've downloaded the episodes, but i haven't found the time to watch them.

Yoon So Yi isn't good? Aw, I thought she'd be good since she's taken a few leads already for a few movies and a drama.

hihi! ^^ How could I pass up the mini-series by THE noh heekyung and with the cast? Yoon Soyi's good. I think with this cast, the key to them is subtlety. You can't say its "take your breath away, blow your mind" good, but its just characters and acting that attach themselves to your heart, without you knowing, and then when you realise, the drama's all over :'(

Anyways! Episode 3 synopsis so SPOILER ALERT

Kim Minhee: Miri

Cheon Jungmyeong: Minho

Yoon Soyi: Soohee

Lee Jaeryung: Ho-chul

Lee Han: JiAhn

The episode opens with Minho who is miserable at the sight of the loving couple. Later on he refuses a lift from JiAhn and asks the latter to pass his mother's birthday present to her. (Minho is estranged from his family) JiAhn comments to Soohee that she and Minho have gotten closer through this trip and he's happy about that.

Back in his room Minho has a flashback of Soohee telling him she was okay with what happened last night (aka the kiss) she says she'd just treat it as a spur of the moment thing, that it has already happened, so what can they do about it? Just take it and move on. And she won't tell JiAhn. (ie, a very cool rejection of Minho. suz says: I really loved this part)

Meanwhile Miri and her neighbours have a big problem with Bae Jungok's character (I'll just call her BJO from now on cos I can't remember her character's name). Miri complains about BJO to Minho. Miri asks Minho about how things went with Soohee went at Jeju (she knows Minho has liked Soohee from the start) and he basically doesn't want to tell her anything. Basically from their convo, you can tell they are best friends and know each other inside out and outside in.

BJO meets Miri and Minho at Halmonee's shikdang and tries to make friends. BJO invites the 2 to her Birthday party that night. Miri turns her offer down pointedly.

Meanwhile Minho's family is eating dinner. Minho's father tries to get his elder son to carry on with his studies which the latter turns down and it escalates into an unpleasant scene.

Jiahn calls Minho and asks the latter to check up on Soohee. Ji-ahn can't leave because Minho's dad is in a bad mood from the fight at the restaurant. Minho initially turns him down saying he's not free. It turns out that he is having a "meeting" with his mom. His mom tails him in the car behind and they converse through their mobile phones. (very very dramatically effective scene) His mom wants to see him face to face but he says no and hangs up. Minho then goes to look for Soohee and they both head to Miri's.

At Miri's we hear the noises from BJO's apartment as sounds of celebration drift into the apartment. Miri gets impatient with the din from the neighbouring apartment and declares that she wants to go over and shut them up. Hochul says she shouldnt and when she complains saying its noisy, he retorts that her voice is even noiser. So as usual, they get into an argument and he stomps off. Soohee and Minho rebuke her and ask her to go after him to apologise. Miri goes to BJO's apartment and is surprised to find the door open and she walks in to find that... BJO is watching a video of her past birthday celebration....

Soohee has problems meeting her rent so she talks to Miri who suggests that Soohee sketches customers at the bar that Miri manages.

Miri and Hochul fight again after he receives a text message from a past- gf (she is now paralysed) and she starts questioning about his loyalty to her, drags out all his weaknesses, his refusal to commit. Basically she voices her insecurities (that they've been dating for 3 years and she knows nothing about him, hasn't met his friends or family hasn't been able to share her fears with him etc) He basically brushes her off saying that your life is yours and mine is mine, they are 2 separate things. He stalks off again. Miri calls him crying and apologises and asks him to come back. He sighs and says he'll buy her ddokpokki and then come back. (This is in essence, what their relationship is like)

Meanwhile BJO goes to see her psychiatrist and tries to bribe him into telling her husband she is mentally normal again. (Her husband has forbidden her from rejoining their family until she has fully recovered) The doctor tells her that being unable to differentiate reality from imagination is a great flaw as well.... (She told him about how Miri and Minho and Soohee joined her for a chat but the doctor is skeptical)

At Sky lounge, Soohee packs up for the day and Miri makes Minho send her home. The tense car ride home culminates in the following conversation

Soohee: What do you think you are, Kim Minho?

Minho: What do you mean

Soohee: Why did you do that to me in Jeju?

Minho: ...

Soohee: I didn't wish to bring it up again, but I'm curious. WHY?!

Minho: You can think however you want. Idiot, or a playboy... Do whatever pleases you. Choose whichever one explanation you think is better. Nothing to do with me

Soohee: What happened in Jeju... You can pretend and act as if nothing happened... And I thought I would act and pretend that nothing happened.. But Kim Minho.. It seems like this isn't the case... I'm scared.... What should I do now....

end ep 3---------------------------------

I absolutely loved this episode. I was touched by the Halmonee scenes.

And I absolutely love how Minho is trying so hard to distance himself from Soohee. Maybe it didn't come across well in my translations but his attitude towards her is like sloppy, couldnt care less and even rude. And Soohee is a cool chick whose cool is close to breaking. She doesn't like Minho IMO but it is bothering her and she is wondering why it should be bothering her...

THe miri- Hochul relationship is great too. Always arguing, a couple with real issues but always so caring toward each other in the end.

Can't wait for the following eps!! :D

-suz

Guest J2BiN

hey, suzziee. you did it great job of ep3...............

can you translate all the sense that have Cheon Jungmyeong: Minho

Yoon Soyi: Soohee together please?

would like to know what are they talking ahhhaaha.......

thanks,

Guest roujin

hey, suzziee. you did it great job of ep3...............

can you translate all the sense that have Cheon Jungmyeong: Minho

Yoon Soyi: Soohee together please?

would like to know what are they talking ahhhaaha.......

thanks,

the subbing team is small but they are being done. so they will be translated eventually :) maybe suzziee want to help us? if so pm me or the organizer mily2. this is open to anyone^_^

hihi! ^^ How could I pass up the mini-series by THE noh heekyung and with the cast? Yoon Soyi's good. I think with this cast, the key to them is subtlety. You can't say its "take your breath away, blow your mind" good, but its just characters and acting that attach themselves to your heart, without you knowing, and then when you realise, the drama's all over :'(

thats exactly how i feel! these characters just make u feel for them.

and i havent seen episode 3 yet but...here is megaupload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HH2UUUOD

Wow...Thank you so much suzziee for the wonderful summary :wub:

Your summary helped me so much. I didn't know BJO is mentally unstable...

I just thought she was a little weird when she watched the video and celebrate by herself in the dark.

I really like the ending of episode 3...wow... Soohee is starting to waver...

I have to watch episode 4 now...will come back with some pictures soon :)

Guest pinklily

thank you so much Kirsten for uploading episode 3 onto ysi libk~

omo! Amy! :wub:^_^ and no problem dear...i'll do my best to keep up w/ the re-uploads for this series. :sigh: ---> finals = :tears:

Kristy...looking forward to your HQ caps. ^_^

i wish i could contribute some discussion...but i haven't had a chance to peacefully sit down and watch episode 3 yet...but thanks so much once again suzziee, your synopsis will definitely help when i do get around to watching it. ^_^

Guest roujin

gbmain8po.gif

Airing Date: March 1st 2006

Number of Episodes: 16

Production Director: Gi Minsoo

Writer: Noh Heekyung

Broadcasting Company: KBS

gbsyn4ot.gif

This drama attempts to send a message that any human being is beautiful by just existing in this world. People’s desire to have their say in everything, to succeed and to be beautiful stems from their deep-rooted disbelief in themselves. They are unable to love themselves the way they are. The underlying reason of the loss of interest in life is the disappointment with people. But even those who get disappointed with other human beings are negligent in loving their own selves.

The main character, Kim Minho was born into a family of a business tycoon but his family turned away from him because he was an illegitimate child. While having a hard time because of her mother’s re-marriages, Chung Soohee falls in love with Minho, who turns out to be a friend of her boyfriend, Yoo Ji-ahn. Frivolous Choi Miree loves timid gangster Kang Hochul, and agonizes a lot over her lack of self-confidence. Oh Youngsuk calls herself “crazy” and disguises herself in a lie. All these people are linked together by the mute owner of an eatery in the neighborhood, an old woman named Miyoung.

Credit: KBS America

gbcast6is.gif

gbcastmian9rh.gif

Credit: KBS America

gbsubs3am.gif

All subtitles can be found @ d-addicts.

One Person Asking or Complaining About Subs = One Hour Delay of Release

Therefore if 24 people whine, the subs will be delayed a complete day.

We will always announce when subtitles are released. Our team is small so please be patient. If anyone is interested in helping PM mily2.

EPISODE 1 [sUBS] [sUMM]

Translator: Rayndrop

Timers: Victory

QC/Editor: roujin and suzziee

Coordinator: mily2

EPISODE 2 [sUBS] [sUMM]

Translator: yeohweping

Timers: Victory

QC/Editors: roujin and suzziee

EPISODE 3 [sUBS] [sUMM]

Translator: Rayndrop

Timer: ltrang

QC/Editors: pinklily

Summary: suzziee

EPISODE 4 [sUBS] [sUMM]

Summary: suzziee

gbrate9qv.gif

Source @ http://www.tnsmk.co.kr/rating/

Episode One (March 1 2006)

Seoul: 19.7%

Nationwide: 20.1%

Episode Two (March 2 2006)

Seoul: 12.7%

Nationwide: 12.5%

Episode Three (March 8 2006)

Seoul: 11.4%

Nationwide: 11.3%

Episode Four (March 9 2006)

Seoul: 12.4%

Nationwide: 11.9%

Episode Five (March 15 2006)

Seoul: 11.9%

Nationwide: 11.8%

Episode Six (March 16 2006)

Seoul: 13.0%

Nationwide: 12.4%

gbdown1zl.gif

CLUBBOX

Low Quality

http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca

Medium Quality

http://clubbox.co.kr/sylver

http://clubbox.co.kr/naynay123

High Quality

http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca

http://clubbox.co.kr/japaneseguy

http://clubbox.co.kr/tomhhoang

Chinese Subbed

http://clubbox.co.kr/xiaomao123

DIRECT LINKS

Episode One Low Quality

Megaupload [X]

File Front [X]

Episode Two Low Quality

Megaupload [X]

File Front [X]

Episode Three Low Quality

Megupload [X]

File Front [X]

Episode Four Low Quality

Megaupload [X]

File Front [X]

Episode Five Low Quality

Megaupload [X]

File Front [X]

Episode Six Low Quality

Megaupload [X]

File Front [X]

Thankyou to roujin, Luv, pinklily and crysalide.

gbost9ty.gif

Official Soundtrack not yet released.

I couldn't believe it...the storyline is moving really fast...

Soohee told her boyfriend that she likes Minho...wow...I didn't think she would say it to him that way but she was very honest. I guess...it's due to the special circumstances...

And the halmoni spoke for the first time...

Overall...another great episode.

Some pictures...

bscap0020ss.jpg

bscap0437vm.jpg

bscap0551ex.jpg

bscap0647ld.jpg

bscap0653xo.jpg

bscap0661wb.jpg

bscap0802vj.jpg

bscap0865xp.jpg

bscap0975yz.jpg

bscap1035yz.jpg