OMG they're leaving tomorrow right after the fanmeet in Tokyo tonight.  It's going to be crazy

180515 Yoon Shi Yoon X Shinhwa, Going Out to Sabah Jungle on May 16th… Should be a Major Episode

The 2nd group of SBS ‘Law of the Jungle in Sabah’ with actors Yoon Shi Yoon, Lee Dahee, Sunghoon and Eric, Andy, Minwoo of Shinhwa is leaving for Malaysia Sabah on May 16th from Incheon International airport to start filming the special episode of 'Law of the Jungle in Sabah.’

On May 10th, the first group left for Sabah with WannaOne’s Ha Sung Woon & Ong Seong Woo, Apink’s Namjoo, Tony An, Park Seung Kwang, Kim Byung Man, Park Jung Chul, and Park Sol Mi.

The second group is heading to Sabah 6 days the first group left. This forms the strongest line-up with actors and idols (veteran and junior). The attention is already focused for the episode.

PD Min Sun Hong, who is in charge of directing 'Law of the Jungle in Sabah’, said “The Sabah episode wasn’t designed to be particularly special but the casts that we tried very hard to get had turned out very well this times. We will be showing the aspects of surviving like previous episodes but I’d like to put more humanity to it. Survival is survival but I also want add humanity side to it.

The expectations are high with older idol meeting the new idol. Min PD revealed “I don’t know yet but it can not be not fun. I know the core of 'Law of the Jungle’ has tribe’s chief Kim Byungman, so we will be able to shoot well with Chief Byungman.

SBS 'Law of The Jungle’ is a reality program that features celebrities sent to survive in isolated locations around the world.

The Sabah episode will be broadcast every Friday at 10pm after ‘Law of the Jungle in Mexico’.

Source: Sports Seoul
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

On 5/14/2018 at 7:39 AM, Phi said:

The bride & groom or their family must be in the biz since there was quite a few popular actors (Hyunbin, Jung Woo-sung, Oh Jiho...) were at the wedding.  His bang is a bit too straight, would be nicer if it a little messed up.  Other than that, he looks too cute there with the kids!!!  The beige suit & skinny black tie is perfect for the Spring/Summer wedding.  Light and different from the usual black. I think Hyemi is the one in pink beside him. :)

180512 Shinhwa’s Eric Spotted at a Wedding:

#에릭 #현빈 삼촌들 감사해용

#Eric #Hyunbin thank you ahjussis
(t/n: the poster is 19 years old
:tongue:)

Source: suhhyun7199 IG

Hi Phi, thanks for sharing the picture. Well, Eric is still looking good. I wonder whose wedding this was..... :lol:

K-Drama Kiss Scenes That Make Us Want To Fall In Love ASAP

Suspicious-Partner-Radio-Romance-Pretty-

Korean dramas are full of beautiful actresses, handsome actors, gripping storylines, and memorable scenes.

Here are some of the most realistic kiss scenes in dramas that make us wish that they were real!

4. Seo Hyun Jin and Shinhwa’s Eric Mun

Seo Hyun Jin and Eric Mun starred in tvN’s 2016 drama “Another Oh Hae Young.” Their fight turned into a passionate kiss scene and had viewers holding their breath.

Check out “Another Oh Hae Young” here:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1

15 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Phi, thanks for sharing the picture. Well, Eric is still looking good. I wonder whose wedding this was..... :lol:

K-Drama Kiss Scenes That Make Us Want To Fall In Love ASAP

Korean dramas are full of beautiful actresses, handsome actors, gripping storylines, and memorable scenes.

Here are some of the most realistic kiss scenes in dramas that make us wish that they were real!

4. Seo Hyun Jin and Shinhwa’s Eric Mun

Seo Hyun Jin and Eric Mun starred in tvN’s 2016 drama “Another Oh Hae Young.” Their fight turned into a passionate kiss scene and had viewers holding their breath.

Check out “Another Oh Hae Young” here: Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

I wonder the same thing since there were quite many other actors attended when I check that wedding hashtag on the day of.  Unfortunately, my lack of Korean can't tell. :tongue:  I'm guessing either the bride/groom or their parents work in the biz.  hahaha this is redundant since it gotta be so XD

Thanks for sharing the Best/Most realistic kisses in Kdramas.  Eric never disappoints when he does kiss scenes... Eric & Hyunjin's chemistry in AOHY was really really good!  Too good that it gave them the dating scandal hahaha

• Like 1

Catching up with some old SNS post by Shinhwa Company

IG updates for Urban Fisherman

31287067_205965070188155_274531182824128

31136829_146918749493975_284620980554930

32153767_876562145863914_180255195112511

SNS updates for Fanmeeting in Tokyo (May 14th & 15th)

31671180_215757272534648_609231107958767

32757500_621959091477481_467643173129158

Eric looks so cute and handsome here.

I wonder if that is his wedding ring or for endorsement since those on the other hand look the same.

Junjin's rings also looks like the one Eric wore also....

DdQWsQkVQAAWc4r.jpg

180515 Shinhwa rehearsal for Tokyo Fanmeet

#20thAnniFanParty In the midst of rehearsals~

#EricAskedToUploadThisCosHeLooksGood #:lol:

Translation: Minovated

hahaha "looks good" in Eric's book = being dorky / peculiar  :D

31515405_452296371879106_629729796727137

31694887_2152030811709002_10305142924257

31775606_229133311177053_270669292112969

31878177_595814397484978_623099297082533

31909575_187612648725404_812550315676008

31463265_185521958767251_470021470037632

It's going to be crazy schedule if they're really leaving for Sabah on May 16th from Incheon Airport since Shinhwa just finished the Tokyo fanmeet the day before... No sign of them going back to Korea last night and during the fanmeet Minwoo said he went for massage the day before and it was so good that he'll go again with Eric & Hyesung last night after the last fanmeet finished.   Almost noon in Korea but no sign of departure lol

180515 Yoon Shi Yoon X Shinhwa, Going Out to Sabah Jungle on May 16th… Should be a Major Episode

The 2nd group of SBS ‘Law of the Jungle in Sabah’ with actors Yoon Shi Yoon, Lee Dahee, Sunghoon and Eric, Andy, Minwoo of Shinhwa is leaving for Malaysia Sabah on May 16th from Incheon International airport to start filming the special episode of 'Law of the Jungle in Sabah.’

On May 10th, the first group left for Sabah with WannaOne’s Ha Sung Woon & Ong Seong Woo, Apink’s Namjoo, Tony An, Park Seung Kwang, Kim Byung Man, Park Jung Chul, and Park Sol Mi.

The second group is heading to Sabah 6 days after the first group left. This forms the strongest line-up with actors and idols (veteran and junior). The attention is already focused for the episode.

PD Min Sun Hong, who is in charge of directing 'Law of the Jungle in Sabah’, said “The Sabah episode wasn’t designed to be particularly special but the casts that we tried very hard to get had turned out very well this times. We will be showing the aspects of surviving like previous episodes but I’d like to put more humanity to it. Survival is survival but I also want add humanity side to it.

The expectations are high with older idol meeting the new idol. Min PD revealed “I don’t know yet but it can not be not fun. I know the core of 'Law of the Jungle’ has tribe’s chief Kim Byungman, so we will be able to shoot well with Chief Byungman.

SBS 'Law of The Jungle’ is a reality program that features celebrities sent to survive in isolated locations around the world.

The Sabah episode will be broadcast every Friday at 10pm after ‘Law of the Jungle in Mexico’.

Source: Sports Seoul

13 hours ago, joyue_1 said:

Eric, Andy, Minwoo... and Yoon Shi Yoon (aka Dong Gu) :D

They are indeed leaving from Incheon

woooo thanks so much for sharing them here!  I'm completely lost with their Sabab trip update!!!  Please let me know if you need to repost the LoTJ on another thread.  I might as well when I post them here too :)

I'm really excited for Donggu to be with Shinhwa's members for this Sabah episode.  I didn't know much about him till he acted in the MV for Hyesung and then their interview on SectionTV was hilarious.  I love how he trolled Hyesung there lol.  Yoon Shi Yoon has been mentioning he's a fan of Shinhwa and that makes me think of the time he trolled Hyesung on SectionTV for being "always on Hyesung's side no matter what!" hahaha   I can't wait to see how he trolls the 3 Shinhwa members being the fanboy that he is :)

tumblr_ovq11gFDyb1rvbzggo1_540.gif

tumblr_ovq11gFDyb1rvbzggo2_540.gif

tumblr_ovq11gFDyb1rvbzggo3_540.gif

tumblr_ovq11gFDyb1rvbzggo4_r1_540.gif

tumblr_ovq11gFDyb1rvbzggo5_r1_540.gif

tumblr_ovq11gFDyb1rvbzggo7_r2_540.gif

tumblr_ovxspmprwO1rvbzggo6_r1_540.gif

tumblr_ovxspmprwO1rvbzggo7_r1_400.giftumblr_ovxspmprwO1rvbzggo3_400.gif

tumblr_ovxspmprwO1rvbzggo5_400.giftumblr_ovxspmprwO1rvbzggo9_400.gif

tumblr_ovxspmprwO1rvbzggo8_400.giftumblr_ovxspmprwO1rvbzggo10_r1_400.gif

tumblr_ovxspmprwO1rvbzggo4_400.giftumblr_ovxspmprwO1rvbzggo2_r2_400.gif

tumblr_inline_ovxwlhQNps1rp5ovq_400.gif

Gifs by Msmemaaaa tumblr

• Like 1

It's really cute that they got excited seeing Jeju Air's uniform is ORANGE!!!  Shinhwa's fandom's color. 

Once again, it proves hows special this is to them. It's not "just a color" ~^^   :tongue:

180516 Minwoo’s IG update:

#Jeju Air’s uniform is #orange
They are actually #Shinhwa Changjo (hehe)
#Commemorative shot
#Law of the Jungle
We’ll be back safely without getting hurt ~^^
:)

Translation: shinhwaRM + Shinhwa-Update tumblr

tumblr_p8u6eoJHem1xrjhm3o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p8u6eoJHem1xrjhm3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p8u6eoJHem1xrjhm3o2_1280.jpg

Post from a production staff.  I love how Yoon Shi Yoon hangs out with Shinhwa members most of the time (departure & arrival).  It's a pity there was no media photo of Shinhwa members at the airport like the rest of LoTJ cast but they arrived at to Incheon earlier than the other cast members (left Tokyo on the same day and landed in Pusan then drove to Incheon)

Eric, Minwoo with Yoon Shi Yoon

Eric & Andy are right at the front. Minwoo is in the middle (red cap).

Jang Dong Yoon is right behind Minwoo.

Credit: EricMun.tumblr

Donggu was to let Eric go before him since he's the hyung but Eric got Donggu go next.

Shi Yoon's smile after that is so cute. :)

203794_231946_495.gif

The full video clip.  Of course Eric gotta arm-locking with someone... It's maknae Andy this time :)

Dong Yoon & Lee Da Hee got confused at the gate... They were at the right gate from the start XD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phi said:

woooo thanks so much for sharing them here!  I'm completely lost with their Sabab trip update!!!  Please let me know if you need to repost the LoTJ on another thread.  I might as well when I post them here too :)

I'm really excited for Donggu to be with Shinhwa's members for this Sabah episode.  I didn't know much about him till he acted in the MV for Hyesung and then their interview on SectionTV was hilarious.  I love how he trolled Hyesung there lol.  Yoon Shi Yoon has been mentioning he's a fan of Shinhwa and that makes me think of the time he trolled Hyesung on SectionTV for being "always on Hyesung's side no matter what!" hahaha   I can't wait to see how he trolls the 3 Shinhwa members being the fanboy that he is :)

Hahahaha yah!! In one of YSY's recent post drama interviews, he talked about his excitement about LoTJ - and mentioning how fans should not despair because fan dreams do come true, as it did for him!

The thing is - DG also is known to be quite clumsy and he's a blackhole hahaha so it'd be so much fun to see the dynamics between him and his variety-saavy and mischievous Shinhwa hyungs. YSY has been known to be a Hyesung lookalike and they first met when YSY was a cast of Barefooted Friends and in one of the episodes they went to visit Hyesung's house and they kept being friends from then on. 

PS - Best GIFs ever!! Wahahahahaha :D

Here's a fan video taken at the Kota Kinabalu Airport... really can't wait for the episodes to air as both my biases (uri Eric and DG hehe) are there!! :wub:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joyue_1 said:

Hahahaha yah!! In one of YSY's recent post drama interviews, he talked about his excitement about LoTJ - and mentioning how fans should not despair because fan dreams do come true, as it did for him!

The thing is - DG also is known to be quite clumsy and he's a blackhole hahaha so it'd be so much fun to see the dynamics between him and his variety-saavy and mischievous Shinhwa hyungs. YSY has been known to be a Hyesung lookalike and they first met when YSY was a cast of Barefooted Friends and in one of the episodes they went to visit Hyesung's house and they kept being friends from then on. 

PS - Best GIFs ever!! Wahahahahaha :D

Here's a fan video taken at the Kota Kinabalu Airport... really can't wait for the episodes to air as both my biases (uri Eric and DG hehe) are there!! :wub:

OMG I didn't know Donggu was a cast of Barefooted Friends.  I saw that episode when they visited Hyesung's home but I didn't know YSY was part of the cast.... 

Yes YSY & Hyesung has some resemblance. And actually we was joking on Twitter that it feels like young Hyesung went to Sabah with EricMinDy hahaha

I didn't know about his clumsiness but I really like his salvage/troll to Hyesung on SectionTV there.  The salvage kind that is funny instead of coming off rude/disrespectful...

A photo of them 4 at a store.  Looks like it when they were inside Incheon Airport, before the flight to Sabah...

DdZq-hVW4AAuWsT.jpg

DdZq_6yW4AAsXRL.jpg

DdZrAnyW0AAEpDW.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Eric & Hyemi spotted in Japan!  These are just posted today but apparently this was late Fall last year based on some Japanese fans' accounts.   The KIOS seen in the pics is no longer there since December 2017.  Even though it's not recent, I'm still so happy to see pics of them together. :)

Love the couple outfit from head to toes :lol:

tumblr_p9dwyh5v7L1qckmvno1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p9dwyh5v7L1qckmvno3_1280.jpg

People were wondering if Hyemi is pregnant cuz of this pic... hahaha

I think it's just her coat was swinging as she walked.

If looking at the close-up of the other pic, she's still slim there :)  

Though, I'm very happy for them if she is expecting. Blesses!!  :heart:

tumblr_p9dwyh5v7L1qckmvno2_1280.jpg

tumblr_p9dwyh5v7L1qckmvno4_r1_500.jpg

On 5/27/2018 at 10:23 PM, Phi said:

Eric & Hyemi spotted in Japan!  These are just posted today but apparently this was late Fall last year based on some Japanese fans' accounts.   The KIOS seen in the pics is no longer there since December 2017.  Even though it's not recent, I'm still so happy to see pics of them together. :)

Love the couple outfit from head to toes :lol:

People were wondering if Hyemi is pregnant cuz of this pic... hahaha

I think it's just her coat was swinging as she walked.

If looking at the close-up of the other pic, she's still slim there :)  

Though, I'm very happy for them if she is expecting. Blesses!!  :heart:

Hi Phi, thanks for sharing the pictures. Though, not recent but really appreciate it, dear. Like you, I'm also happy to see pictures of them together especially Eric. Love the couple's get-up, too - all black! And I love her bag. I do agree with you - I guess it's only the coat since they're walking. Well, as you said, the picture was last year yet so, we don't know as of now - hahaha. I will be happy, too in case Eric will become a father soon, though. Having children is a choice, not a requirement. Look at them - You see, the luxury of not having children has allowed them to always be on the go.  :lol:

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 6:31 AM, willenette said:

Hi Phi, thanks for sharing the pictures. Though, not recent but really appreciate it, dear. Like you, I'm also happy to see pictures of them together especially Eric. Love the couple's get-up, too - all black! And I love her bag. I do agree with you - I guess it's only the coat since they're walking. Well, as you said, the picture was last year yet so, we don't know as of now - hahaha. I will be happy, too in case Eric will become a father soon, though. Having children is a choice, not a requirement. Look at them - You see, the luxury of not having children has allowed them to always be on the go.  :lol:

hahaha yes I'm very happy for them if they're having kid soon.  Though part of me wish it won't be too too late. Of course can have kids at any age but it IS more tiring chasing after kids in your 40s :lol:   And agree, not having kids let them get up and go any time they want. Is why I'm glad they have time to enjoy the newlywed life before being busy with bottle and diaper and crying kids... :D

Those pics were on the same Japan trip when they were spotted in Yuju-Shi a few days later

tumblr_inline_p9eh96u7hh1qcufwd_1280.jpg

180601 [Drunk Talk 1] Shinhwa “20th debut anniversary protected together with the fans, it’s a cause for celebration”

Shinhwa welcomed their 20th birthday. It’s their 20th debut anniversary. Shinhwa debuted in 1998, and has released 13 studio albums in the past 20 years. While the mountains and rivers changed twice, and even through much complications, they have protected the name of Shinhwa, and received a lot of love as they released multiple hit tracks, starting with their debut song, ‘The Resolver’.

Shinhwa is the longest running idol group that is ‘currently active’ and has continuously promoted for 20 years, without even one member change. There are so many groups that have dissolved or experience member changes to the extent that the ‘idol 7 year jinx’ saying exists, and that is what makes Shinhwa’s 20th year shine even more.

The drunk talk interview was arranged with great difficulty, as Shinhwa was busy with preparations so that they can celebrate their 20th anniversary in an even more meaningful manner with the fans. It so happened that this interview was conducted on ‘Shin-dependence day’ (a phrase that combines Shinhwa and Independence day that fans use to commemorate the end of the trademark lawsuit, falls on 29 May), which was even more meaningful.

- This is the official question. How well can you hold your liquor?
Hyesung: The members who can drink really well are Junjin, Andy, and Minwoo.
Junjin: I drink till I’m sleepy. How much I drink depends on my condition that day
Minwoo: For Junjin, if he is with people he likes and the atmosphere is good, he’ll drink all the way till the end
Junjin: I think I could hold my liquor the best in my mid - late twenties (laughs)

- How do you act when drunk?
Dongwan: Hyesung becomes really pumped up when he’s drunk. The rest of us tend to fall asleep
Eric: I didn’t use to be like this but when I drink, I forgot the password to my house. And also what floor I live on. I’ve been dragged away by the security when I went to press the bell of the floor below. (laughs)

- Who are the fellow celebrities you can drink with when all the Shinhwa members are around and it won’t be awkward?
Dongwan: Hong Kyungmin
Junjin: Kangta hyung and Jihoon hyung. I think we’re comfortable with all the members of H.O.T
Minwoo: Park Kyunglim. And also Yuk Joongwan

- Who is the member that pays the most frequently?
Junjin: Hyesung hyung
Dongwan: I think that’s why he regrets it. If he wasn’t called to these gatherings, he’d probably have been able to buy one more house. (laughs)

- It’s your 20th debut anniversary this year. Please give us your thoughts on that.
Junjin: We all feel the same so let’s have Hyeung hyung speak for all of us
Hyesung: When I was young, I never imagined the six of us would be singing on stage together for 20 years. In my early or mid twenties, when someone asked me, ‘What would you be doing 10 years later’, I replied, ‘I have no idea what I’d be doing.’ But it’s already 20 years. It’s awesome because these 20 years was protected together with the fans. It’s a cause for celebration, it is.
Minwoo: Is the slant steep? Ah, sorry. (Minwoo was doing a wordplay as slant and celebration are the same word in Korean)
Eric: Our thoughts are ‘It’s a cause for celebration’

- You are the longest running idols without a single member change. What is your secret to your 20 years of teamwork?
Hyesung: Our secret is Junjin.
Junjin: We tend to resolve issues the moment they occur. Also, emotionally, different members take the lead at different times. I think that is even better. Sometimes it’ll be a certain member that takes care of the others, another time it’ll be another member who does that.
Hyesung: All the members have different personalities and that is what lets us work well together, like a well-oiled machine.
Minwoo: All six of us likes Shinhwa. We all like Shinhwa the same way and thats why we can keep on going. If we didn’t like Shinhwa, we would have separated long ago.
Eric: I went filming for SBS’s ‘Laws of the Jungle’ with Andy and Minwoo, and (Kim) Byungman hyung asked if there were idols that have lasted as long as us. He was very amazed and kept observing us. I heard he was amazed that we took care of and understood each other, even without speaking, during and outside of filming. For example, if I’m taking a knife out from my backpack, Andy will come over and put suncream on me, and that was what he found amazing. I think we know what each other wants just by looking at each other.

- When were you the happiest in the past 20 years?
Minwoo: I’m sure we all feel the same. When we first topped the charts on music shows with ‘T.O.P’. We wanted to try for first place since we’re already doing the work but we didn’t manage to do so for our first album, and only did it with our second album. That moment then is still fresh in my mind. We were living in the dormitory then and I still remember we proposed a toast when we went back to the dormitory. I think that was what made us work even harder.

- When were you the most touched, and close to tears?
Junjin: During Guerrilla Concert (from MBC ‘Sunday Night’). It was during our promotions without Andy and I really cried really hard. It’s the same when we first won the Daesang (at a music awards ceremony).
Minwoo: Actually, even though Shinhwa has held a lot of concerts, every concert makes me feel grateful to and touched by the fans.
Junjin: Yes, that’s right. When the concert just starts.
Hyesung: Every concert is touching, despite how many times we’ve held it.
Minwoo: I still remember Hyesung’s tears in 2012, when we held our concert after we completed our military service and ended our 4 year break. It was the opening talk segment and Hyesung cried.
Hyesung: Before going for military service, we said ‘We would come back’, then we got together 4 years later for a concert at the same place. I was grateful the fans came to fulfill their promise 4 years ago, and I also teared up because we could fulfill that promise. I’m sure the other members were crying too, they just didn’t show it.
Minwoo: There are times I tear up when I look at the members. I tear up when I see the members communicating with the fans and performing at their individual positions.

sr: Ilgan Sports
Translated by @malpabo
Please take out with full credits.

(continue to part 2 & part 3)

180601 [Drunk Talk 2] Shinhwa “Luckily we didn’t break up despite the temptations”

Shinhwa welcomed their 20th birthday. It’s their 20th debut anniversary. Shinhwa debuted in 1998, and has released 13 studio albums in the past 20 years. While the mountains and rivers changed twice, and even through much complications, they have protected the name of Shinhwa, and received a lot of love as they released multiple hit tracks, starting with their debut song, ‘The Resolver’.

Shinhwa is the longest running idol group that is ‘currently active’ and has continuously promoted for 20 years, without even one member change. There are so many groups that have dissolved or experience member changes to the extent that the ‘idol 7 year jinx’ saying exists, and that is what makes Shinhwa’s 20th year shine even more.

The drunk talk interview was arranged with great difficulty, as Shinhwa was busy with preparations so that they can celebrate their 20th anniversary in an even more meaningful manner with the fans. It so happened that this interview was conducted on ‘Shin-dependence day’ (a phrase that combines Shinhwa and Independence day that fans use to commemorate the end of the trademark lawsuit, falls on 29 May), which was even more meaningful.

(continued from part 1)

- There must have been a lot of complications during your lawsuit to protect the name of Shinhwa after your contract with SM Entertainment ended
Minwoo: Oh, the day we’re doing the interview is Shin-dependence day. It’s a meaningful day for Shinhwa and our fans. Actually, SM Entertainment was good for us because the conditions and system were good. Even when we said we’re leaving, they treated us nicely so I’ve always been grateful. We did experience difficulties after leaving SM Entertainment and starting at a new place. And that also made us stronger. Before leaving SM Entertainment, I told the members, ‘Let’s not break up, no matter what’. We were committed to sticking together, and not get shaken by whatever temptations there were in the confusion. That’s why we shared everything with each other, no matter how small. Back then, one of the CEOs of SM Entertainment left and we started with him in a family-like atmosphere. It was exciting to start again and we were determined to make it our second leap forward. We wanted to protect Shinhwa. We even received a daesang after we left together. Eric received a big award and gained recognition as an actor. The other members also received good reviews in their respective positions, so I’m proud of them. It’s really great that we didn’t break up.

- I’m sure all your interests were different, how did you come to the same conclusion?
Minwoo: We talked a lot while drinking. We got everything out of our system, and I think that’s why we didn’t have a huge clash of opinions. Also, different members did well at different times but whenever a member was doing well, he would think even more for the team, and be even more considerate, and I think that is how we managed to maintain our team well. All the members are also the head of the family. It’s partly our environment but there isn’t a large gap of rich and poor between the members. I think that also played a part in keeping us together.
Eric: We have never said ‘We definitely should not break up’ to each other before. We’ve only said that if we are asked during an interview. I think it is also due to the members’ personalities that we are able to maintain the team. When I was young, I wanted to be a singer not because I loved music or dance but because it looked cool. But as we continued this line of work, I think we had the common wish to maintain the coolness and not be servile. If I chose solo activities because I did well as an actor but not as Shinhwa, going down that route seems servile, doesn’t it? I think we all dislike choosing something that looks uncool.

- Who takes care of himself the best?
Junjin: It has to be Dongwan hyung. But can you write ‘All of us (laughs)’ in the article? (laughs)
Dongwan: Jinnie is right. We’ll all good at it.

- You can’t miss out on ‘pranks’ when talking about Shinhwa
Andy: Eric hyung is the best. When we lived in the dormitory, he once stared at me for one hour out on the porch that is connected to the room while I was playing computer games. I felt weird so I turned to look and I was really startled because of him.
Hyesung: I try to act as calm as possible even in a prank.
Minwoo: In Eric’s case, he will not prank you again if you have no reaction. He really loves shocking people after waiting for a long time, so we were often shocked when we lived in the dormitory.
Eric: (laughs) There was once Hyesung flew up in the air because of me. He was doing his business in the toilet, and I was hiding in the bathtub. I peeked my face out slightly, and he jumped up to the roof from a sitting position.
Hyesung: I’m totally not afraid of scary activities, like bungee jump, but you can’t help with being surprised.

- Any ugly pasts?
Junjin: I’m sure all of us has one. Especially in relation to fashion, or hairstyle? (laughs)
Minwoo: There’s something I’m still curious about. When we had our first broadcast for ‘The Resolver’, Mr Lee Soo Man said we had to stick a CD player on our pants. The cover was transparent so you could see the CD spinning if you played it. He told us to go up on stage with that kind of CD player attached to our pants. We only did it once and I still have no idea why he asked us to do that.

- What is the most difficult song to perform amongst Shinhwa’s songs?
Minwoo: ‘Your Wedding’ is the most difficult. So is ‘Wild Eyes’
Hyesung: Minwoo flies around during ‘Wild Eyes’, regardless of in the past or now. In the past, I would just think ‘That’s cool. He does it well’ when I see him do it. Now I will think ‘He can’t fall down. He can’t be hurt’.
Minwoo: Why? I’d still be doing ‘Wild Eyes’ even when I’m in my fifties. (laughs)

Translated by @malpabo
Please take out with full credits.

(continue to part 3)

180601 [Drunk Talk 3] Shinhwa’s Junjin “I’m thankful just being able to participate in ‘Infinite Challenge’

(continued from part 1 & part 2)

- You’re preparing for a Shinhwa variety after JTBC’s ‘Shinhwa Broadcast
Junjin: It was difficult when we first started it and there were many complications. This time I think we can do better because we’re more experienced. There are really a lot of different variety shows nowadays, and we’re thinking hard on what we should do that will be interesting. Even though just the fact that we’re doing a variety together with members who have promoted together for 20 years is in itself meaningful and will probably be fun.

- Season 1 of MBC’s ‘Infinite Challenge’ ended this year. Junjin, how did you feel when you heard season 1 was ending?
Junjin: I really learnt a lot while filming ‘Infinite Challenge’. Being able to participate, for a period of time, in a variety program that is so loved, that alone is something I’m really thankful for. Personally, I’ve learnt a lot from the hyungs. When I appeared, we had a lot of physical challenges. Before I get any older, if there was a chance, I would like to try the physical challenges, such as bobsledding, together with the hyungs again.

- Eric became part of PD Na Youngseok’s team with tvN’s ‘Three Meals a Day’. How was doing a variety with him like?
Eric: He is really excellent in his observations and understanding people. All these while, I’ve rejected a lot of varieties because I felt burdened having to be observed and showing my true self, without being aware and without putting on an act. But PD Na Youngseok observes and films without making me realise it. In the past 20 years, when I did varieties, the interviews always started with, ‘Alright, camera rolling, we’re doing the interview now’. But that team films the interview from far away, and zooms in the camera. You speak naturally because you’re mixed into the environment around you.

- In the past, people were often biased towards idol-turned-actors. How did you overcome that, and do you think you’re going on the path you want, as an actor?
Eric: I am a singer-turned-actor but Dongwan is an actor-turned-singer. I think Dongwan doesn’t get asked as much of those questions as I do. There are a lot of singer-turned-actors now but back then, there weren’t so many. It is true that there is a negative view towards singer-turned-actors but I think entering into a project without being fully prepared for it also played a part. I use Mun Junghyuk when I’m acting because I don’t want to use Shinhwa’s name. But after time passed, I think that was arrogance on my part. I think at that time, I was determined to be responsible as an actor and lead the story, whether I am the main lead or not, and that’s why I acted as such. Now I just act with a comfortable feeling.
Dongwan: Looking back, I think I have lived well as Shinhwa but I’m not sure how I have performed as an actor. And to be honest, I do have some regrets.

- Dongwan, I heard you started living in the countryside.
Dongwan: I have moved from the house I showed in MBC’s “I Live Alone” to Gapyeong. If I get busy, I probably need to find a one-room suite in Seoul. People I work with says it’s tiring to be going back and forth. But in Gapyeong, I play with my neighbour’s dog, cut the grass, I do even more things. I had nothing to do so I even bought and installed a pull-up bar at home.

- What did you think when you see first generation idols that debuted together with you in the 90s reuniting?
Minwoo: It looks good. There is someone who choreographed the dances for Sech Kies, Fin K.L, and even us. We still reminiscence about Dream Concert. One day, that person said it’d be fun if Shinhwa, god, H.O.T, Sech Kies, Fin K.L, S.E.S, all got together and held a festival-like concert at Seoul Olympic Stadium. I think it’ll be really fun.
Eric: The main point of that concert will be the tension between the fans. It doesn’t seem so nowadays, with so many idols, but back in the days, each group had a clear rival group. The tension between the fans was huge back then. I think it’ll be fun if that happened during the concert.
Dongwan: I hope anyone who reads this is report and is interested in investing will contact us. (laughs)
Hyesung: I think anyone thinks about a collaboration like that. I’ve talked about it with Kangta too. We were saying it’d be fun if, at an awards ceremony, (Jang) Woohyuk and Minwoo appeared while doing a dance battle. It’s enjoyable just thinking about holding a concert with singers we have promoted with.

- Is there a title you’d like to have?
Minwoo: People use the word ‘legend’ when you promote for a long time, so now, I’m just thankful for the phrase “legendary idols”. I want Shinhwa to be a legend of Korean idols because we’ve been here for 20 years. Don’t you think Shinhwa goes together nicely with the word ‘legend’?
Eric: Shinhwa is Shinhwa. I think that is the best title.
Andy: I go to the mountains often. There are old trees there. Trees look more awesome the older they are. I hope Shinhwa will become more awesome and have a rich aroma.

- You must feel a heavy sense of responsibility as the seniors and longest running idols
Minwoo: Our juniors do very well nowadays. I’m really proud when BTS topped the Billboard charts. I’m close with (Bang) Sihyuk hyung and their choreographer. It is really impressive that they have come to where they are just with music and performance alone. They have an energy different from the one Shinhwa has, and they are writing a different legend from us, and I feel proud. Jungkuk ah, call me. (laughs)

tumblr_inline_p9o5devuBk1qcufwd_1280.png

- What will you be like, 20 years later?
Hyesung: There’ll be members who have lesser hair than they have now, and members who walk crookedly but even so, I think we’d still be immature. I think we’d gather together, talk and still be pranking each other then. I think Junjin will still be annoying, even 20 years later.
Junjin: Ey~ how can you call me annoying
Hyesung: I’d like to continue to do as well as I have been doing.

- Is there a dream or goal that you haven’t attained yet?
Minwoo: Instead of wanting more popularity or fame, I just really want to continue walking on this path that we are on now, because I like it so much. Maintaining this is the goal. Even when it’s our 30th or 40th anniversary, we don’t split up and do different things. We continue to work as Shinhwa, and also do our best in our individual work. The members are like family now. Dongwan often emphasises on health, and I’d really wish for the team to continue on, healthily.
Dongwan: In the past, ‘let’s not get hurt’ was the goal, now, ‘let’s not die’ is the goal. Because as long as you’re not dead, you can do anything.

tumblr_inline_p9o5dvFdUT1qcufwd_1280.png

- Shinhwa to Shinhwa is?
Hyesung: Family, and our heart.
Minwoo: Shinhwa is our heart. It was beating in the past, it is beating now, and will continue to beat in the future.
Eric: Shinhwa is Shinhwa. I hope that line alone explains everything.
(aaaah I love this!  He such an intellectual :))

Translation by @malpabo
Please take out with full credits