Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest love<3changmin

i know it has been asked gazillion times because i had skimmed thru some pages of the thread..

i still need good explanation on how to sing through the stomach/diaphragm... );

i heard recordings which have been said to use head voice..

but i stil dont know how to differentiate between head voice n stomach voice.

my throat go sore n hurt when i sing repeatedly for a few times.. i stopped because i heard its unhealthy right... so i know im using my throat to sing.. but i duno how to use stomach

Guest anhie

i find that after i do an hour of treadmill..my singing gets better! and i could reach high notes really easily than when i dont exercise!! LOL!

Ok I need some advice lol T___T u see when I try to sing strongly, my pitch gets all messed up and my throat sounds all scratchy and I go all over the place..I guess because I can't really hold a note very well >____<...how can I learn to sing more strongly and be able to hold notes longer w/o getting all pitchy???..

edit: basically what happens to me is exactly the same thing as this person:

Okay, I have a question.

So if I have a naturally low-ish voice, is it possible to ever hit high notes (w/ training)?

Or is my voice forever staying this way? -.-"

Btw, I asked my friends what my voice sounds like when I talk.. and they said I sound raspy. o.o

At the moment, my voice cracks everytime I hit high-ish loud notes (& belive me.. they're not THAT high). It's easier if I sing softer.. but even with a softer voice.. I still can't attain some high notes. I sound super airy.

So yeah, is it possible to learn to sing high notes even if my voice is naturally low?

Know your voice, keep thoroughly listening to yourself when singing (especially when you feel like the pitches aren't controllable), and practice singing the notes on tune ? That would be my suggestion. Practice and keep focused on where you're supposed to reach and naturally it will come to you because your voice will get used to it and it/you will know how to reach a particular note/do a particular singing technique without sounding out of whack. Sometimes I go over the same line again and again to embed it in me/to work out the kinks.

I think it's best to just sing and listen closely to where your voice is struggling or going too out of place for the song. (For instance if you're singing really powerfully and belting out at a part where it would sound better softer, then accept what changes need to be taken for the sake of presenting a beautiful performance.) If you're talking about singing in a particular song, I think it's still all a matter of figuring out what can be modified to make your voice sound better with the song.

It's my opinion, though, and not fact, so x:v

-- I feel like I didn't help. sorry ._.

Guest dancesakura

im not sure if i asked dis before altho i think i have..but how do i um..make myself sound more lively when singin?? >.<;;

Guest strawberry_hit

*sorry if it have been asked before* but i was wondering, how can you sing on time...what do you listen inthe music that allow you to know when to sing what? or do you need the music sheet infront of you to know that?

Guest suki_*

I dunno if this applies to anyone else, but when i sing slow songs, i can never finish it without sneezing!!! i can only sing fast ones =(

Guest cassiopeia<3

i find that after i do an hour of treadmill..my singing gets better! and i could reach high notes really easily than when i dont exercise!! LOL!

I wanna try that!!

Doing it tomorrow!!

Thanks for telling me!!

I dunno if this applies to anyone else, but when i sing slow songs, i can never finish it without sneezing!!! i can only sing fast ones =(

*laughs*

I used to do that alot with slow songs but instead of sneezing, I'd yawn.

But I think I grew out of it. But I also guess you breathe in too much through your nose

or something. I used to do it a lot through my mouth. Its pretty much both through

my nose and my mouth now. Try that.

And I need some help with my soundclick!!

I can't seem to upload any songs. I'm signed up as a band group thingy

but I still can't upload any songs.

And does the songs I upload have to be an MP3?!

What do you guys use, if it IS an mp3 that your uploading, to convert it?

Is it free?

Guest xquizitmarss

So... I ripped the audio from a video but it has TONS of screaming! I wanted to tone down the screaming without harming the actual audio as much as possible! I use the program Cool Edit Pro but any help or direction would help such as reduce the blah blah or try doing blah blah

Things like that would help! Thanks a lot

Guest weilingkitty6

before u starts singing...u should do some warm up exercise...

this will help u to sing better n will warm up ur muscle...

then u have to blow ur lips...(dunno how to explain)like make ur lips vibrate...

this will help to warm up ur mouth n can sing the words clearly out '0'

(tips)listen to different singers singing...listen to how they sing and sing along n practice...

listen and practice...make perfect :w00t: all the best

Guest suki_*

*laughs*

I used to do that alot with slow songs but instead of sneezing, I'd yawn.

But I think I grew out of it. But I also guess you breathe in too much through your nose

or something. I used to do it a lot through my mouth. Its pretty much both through

my nose and my mouth now. Try that.

thanks! come to think of it... i do breathe out of my nose more! =) i'lll try that!

Guest Jane4ever

At the moment I have a stuffy nose because of a small cold but my throat is fine. Any tips to get better quickly or improve your singing when you're like this?

Guest sikkony

At the moment I have a stuffy nose because of a small cold but my throat is fine. Any tips to get better quickly or improve your singing when you're like this?

None, don't alter yourself to your sickness as this is a temporary issue.

Your voice quality shouldn't matter much when you sing up in higher ranges, as the nose isn't used much (I can block and unblock mine with hardly any effect).

Guest Chrissymaru

I need advice on how to do harmonies.

Is there any way to practice them? I've been told to just listen, but I'm not sure how do it.

Guest cassiopeia<3

Harmonies are tough to teach someone.

But the feeling has to be there exactly. When you're listening to

music, try to sing along but with more harmony.

Doing that over and over again should help.

Guest Star*Eun Ji

sorry but prob sum1 here asked diz alredi.. but

how do u convert WAV. to MP3??>.i cnt upload it on soundclick

--edit

you have to download LAME mp3 encoder...

you can find it on google easily.

it's like... less than a mb i think. if not, i know it's no more than like.. 3.

then all you have to do is click

file>>export as mp3

and theres going to be some kind of pop up saying you need lame

and if you have it downloaded, click "locate lame"

then that should do it.

^ i read wat she sed.. i dl it.. n i extracted it. n now wat do i do ? O_o ..soo lost..

Guest kyungxah

this question has probably been asked BUT i am a NOOB to this whole recording thingy..

i was wondering wut u guys use to mix your audio clips? like..i wanted to do an acapella thing..and i have to haromonize and jsut sing..and then i have to mix it together...which program am i suppose to use(thats free)?

please i am in the desperate need ot help T_T