Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest angelicsuicide

does anyone have any tips on how to overcome singing in front of people? my voice gets all shaky and everything, i crack, or the words might not even come out ;_;

...and why do some singers move their mouths along with their vibratos? l0l.

well, i think we all get nervous, i'm nervous singing in front of people all the time, even family members. but i try to ignore them like they're not there.

i move my mouth with my vibrato. i don't make it do so, it just happens, and i can't stop it, i don't know why. :lol:

Guest angelicsuicide

^I'm no pro, so I just found this that may help you. I don't want to tell you the wrong thing.

So I'll let the more experienced help explain to you in detail. Or you can just scan through the whole thread.

I'm sure I saw someone asking a similar question and it was already answered.

Just keep practicing, try not to overwork yourself, and you'll see results.

http://www.gbmc.org/voice/vocalwarmups.cfm :)

Guest angelicsuicide

^Belting are those strong notes you would normally hear Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston singing in most of their songs.

Most of it's breathing technique. Practice is the only that can help you improve.

I'll leave it to the pros to tell you more in detail.

Guest O rigi na ls 0ul

i have trouble recording with instrumentals on audacity.... ahh..

the timing is off. when i play it.. my voice sings after the orginal beatssss

same question.. mine get's like that too. any help?

Guest cindy-yang

hi i just got goldwave and how do u use it? o.0

open up a new file

it should look like a white paper and it says new on the bottom

then just press record the red circle button

if you need caps just pm me

Guest flyaway.

Okay, I have a question.

So if I have a naturally low-ish voice, is it possible to ever hit high notes (w/ training)?

Or is my voice forever staying this way? -.-"

Btw, I asked my friends what my voice sounds like when I talk.. and they said I sound raspy. o.o

At the moment, my voice cracks everytime I hit high-ish loud notes (& belive me.. they're not THAT high). It's easier if I sing softer.. but even with a softer voice.. I still can't attain some high notes. I sound super airy.

So yeah, is it possible to learn to sing high notes even if my voice is naturally low?

same question.. mine get's like that too. any help?

usually that happens for me with adobe audition is when the my default session is set at 441000hz and the instrumental im using is 320000hz and the computer thus lag since it has to do all the conversion in its memory. so far by re-saving my instrumentals and resetting my default session setting it seems to be working

Guest ygbigbang

My Goldwave said it expired to I uninstalled it

& DLed it again (like I always did)

but it doesn't work anymore ;O

Anyone else have this problemo?

Heyy; I dunno if someone has already asked this question or not but here goes anyways;

I sing really low; I think I'm a BARITONE. >.< Is there anyway I can train myself to sing higher or do I have to go to a singing teacher? Cos I've noticed most popular guy singers are TENORS right?

Or is there some kind of way I can get myself to get used to the high registers?

Please excuse me, if I use any incorrect 'terms'. I sersly no nothing about these things.

Okay, I have a question.

So if I have a naturally low-ish voice, is it possible to ever hit high notes (w/ training)?

Or is my voice forever staying this way? -.-"

Btw, I asked my friends what my voice sounds like when I talk.. and they said I sound raspy. o.o

At the moment, my voice cracks everytime I hit high-ish loud notes (& belive me.. they're not THAT high). It's easier if I sing softer.. but even with a softer voice.. I still can't attain some high notes. I sound super airy.

So yeah, is it possible to learn to sing high notes even if my voice is naturally low?

Yes you could train your voice to do whatever you wish. (you know what I mean though..) I mean people have their ranges you know.. but you can hit high notes with practice! You warm-up, play around with your voice and you always discover something new. But remember you have your range and limits.. so do not go insane and try to sing so high that you kill yourself lol. But I always find it easier to sing higher after you warm-up and when you sing louder. Soft voices give you an airy voice and sometimes raspy. It takes time so you must be patient.. practice everyday! Don't go like.. a month without singing and expect your voice to be back to where it was last time xD)

I sing really low; I think I'm a BARITONE. >.< Is there anyway I can train myself to sing higher or do I have to go to a singing teacher? Cos I've noticed most popular guy singers are TENORS right?

Or is there some kind of way I can get myself to get used to the high registers?

Please excuse me, if I use any incorrect 'terms'. I sersly no nothing about these things.

Like I said earlier.. yes you can tran your voice to sing higher. Considering that you're a baritone.. don't expect to become a soprano anytime soon LOL. You can train your voice to become a tenor.. BARITONE sings some of the sickest notes ever.. I swear.. It's so deep! Keep practicing!

how do you know if your tonedeaf?

I think you could tell by yourself.. I can tell by myself if I'm singing flat or sharp but it's really hard to fix it for me. But seriously.. use your ears lol.. I know some people that have good voices but they're so tone-deaf! You could always take a test over the internet or something.. But watch american idol. You could tell a lot of people who are tone deaf on there O_o;

1. How can I expand my voice range?

2. What is belting?..and how can you do that?

1. Expand your vocal range takes practice, patience and time. Warm up your voice, experiment with it!

2. Belting is singing like... Jang Ri In. Do you know her? The new girl from SM entertainment. She does a mejor lot of it in her live performances.. like a LOT. But some people belt it out just for the heck of it and they go out of tune.. I think for belting you have to have good control of your voice. It's just like singing REALLY POWERFUL and LOUD with your voice. It sounds really good a lot of the time.. (please don't kill me for this) but a lot of African Americans are so dang good at belting!

For example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9xt8uaAuzg or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhU97fFs0rg (<-- a lot more belting! O_O)

That is Jang Ri In singing "Why.." She belts a lot around the chorus and near the end of the song.. She's a beginner but she belts a lot.. She doesn't have complete control of her voice entirely yet but with a lot of practice, she probably will. You could basically hear Jang Ri In almost shouting and it just sounds like belting to me.

How to do it? You def. need a lot of air for this! (a lot of air support) All it is is just singing from your stomach (i think?) I can't really explain it, you just have to listen to it for yourself. lol.

Guest FTIsland&Primadonna

i have a question.

For Audacity , how do you make the instrumental volume lower?

or do you just got to sing louder? haha

^ i think the easiest way is to just use the top "slider" in the little panel next to the instrumental..

there should be a "slider" with a + and a - above it, and you can use that to adjust the sound.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p242/BK...pg?t=1171686848

I'm not exactly a pro at audacity, so some people might do it differently,

but that's the only way I know how to do it. haha.