Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

dr25 said: Morning/evening fellow KNG fans :-h

I'm here cuz two weeks ago or so, I discovered there is this fair Korean actor called Kim Namgil in our world -- I know I know..shame on me.....but on the other hand, I'm happy I only knew he existed post the stache phase in his overly amazing life ;)) for I love his looks now best. (His Japanese mag pics are so fine! as well as his smexy appearance on China's Art Awards :x) Also, I wonder if I could've survived the 3 years wait while he was at the army, producing Ensemble and so.... I'd say...2014 is a good time to discover KNG's awesomeness ;;)

During that period of two weeks I mentioned, I marathoned Bad Guy and Shark back to back withing 6 days. At start, I didn't know who most of the actors were. I was out of dramas to watch and my sister had a few on her drive so I very randomly decided to watch this one called Bad Guy. It left me with so much agony, I was annoyed with myself for being that annoyed over a freakn drama XD  Thus I looked up the actor who got to me that badly to learn his name (now my new bias Kim Namgil-ssi XD) and that he has another revenge drama out, Shark. How could I not watch that? I had to get some compensation for Bad Guy. So I watched it and I'm so happy I did. It replaced the bitter taste Bad Guy left in my mouth with its semi-perfectly knitted plot which, as I later discovered, had been cooked/planned for 5 long years. Moral of this story? Always watch random dramas on your donsings's drives, you never know what gates of awesomeness that may open upon you :P Will be back,hopefully, with my two cents on both shows when those many jumbled ideas I have about them settle a lil bit cuz I have relatively much to say especially regarding his role in Shark; The legend of Orpheus :)

@irilight I think this is my second time meeting ya around soompi's actors thread. (?) I salute your good eye for asian hoties,lol. :P I'm on a QS marathoning mission too. I need to mentally prep cuz I'm so not into historical and, oh my, 60+ episodes :(( Surely need serious prep >.<

so the past few days i have been watching "queen seondeok". yes finally for the first time. like i said in the previous post that im not a fan of those period drama. i fast forward most of the parts and watch bidam's parts. im the only odd one here that think from episode 21 all the way to episode 40ish is alright. episode 40ish onward is getting more exciting.

episode 51 gets intense. he had me crying with him when he said misil never called him son even to the very end when she passed away. :-S especially his line at 7:08 - what if u have no use for me. :(( :(( definitely can feel his pain. hes afraid of abandonment feeling. =((
so thanks to the scriptwriter/producer with the extension of 12 more episodes. in my opinion if there was no extension, it wouldnt make the story strong. AHHH i dont know what im saying. i'm gonna continue to finish the rest of the 11 episodes. even though i heard the ending. (shake head)

edit - 

ep 54 - 8-> finally some action. go bidam! :-* but at the same time he had me question. does he really love her?

edit -

i want bidam to put me to sleep too. :P

edit - 
ok, i'm done with queen seondeok. i hate the ending. :(( :(( what was wrong with the scriptwriter? did bidam really have to die? why cant he have different ending since the story is not real like they said they changed the story a bit. his love for the queen shouldn't be this weak. :-S if it was strong enough, none of this would have happened. :( since i fast forward. did the queen know bidam was brainwashed by the evil people? if she doesnt know, then bidam's death is really worthless. =((
bad guy and shark are still my favorites. sorry bidam, but i'm glad this drama made everyone noticed you. :)>- but i noticed you way before. ;) first saw and noticed in "lovers". :x

20130709_1373354387_04251400_1.jpg
love this picture a lllottt!!! did i say a lot? :x <3 :x <3the photographer caught his expression just  p e r f e c t. ahhh, cant stop staring at it. :\"> :\"> staring at it like he did with his orpheus painting. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Good News... New upcoming movie with Kim Nam-Gil!

Jeon Do-yeon and Kim Nam-gil cast for "Rouge"

photo435804.jpg

Actress Jeon Do-yeon and actor Kim Nam-gil are starring in the movie "Rouge".

Written by director Oh Seung-wook, "Rouge" is a love story between a detective and the women he tracks down.

Jeon Do-yeon is the girlfriend of a murderer named Hye-kyeong and Kim Nam-gil is the detective named Jae-gon. The role of Hye-kyeong awaits for her runaway lover without knowing who Jae-gon is. She's in need of despair, decadence, determination and innocence.

Jeon Do-yeon and Kim Nam-gil's "Rouge" will start filming this June.

Source: Hancinema

class="title_sec" style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 28px; margin: 0px 0px 15px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: top; color: rgb(39, 41, 42); line-height: 34px; font-weight: normal; font-family: Georgia, 돋움, Dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"Kim Nam-gil to replace injured Lee Jung-jae in film “Rouge”
Actor Kim Nam-gil was confirmed on Thursday to take over actor Lee Jung-jae’s main character in the film “Rouge” alongside actress and Cannes Film Festival jury member Jeon Do-yeon. 

Kim will play Jae-gon, a police detective in pursuit of a suspected killer. Jeon will play Hye-kyung, the suspect’s lover. Despite the clash, the two cannot help but develop personal feelings for each other.

20140515000909_0.jpg

Kim has played major characters in multiple TV shows, including MBC historical drama “Queen Seondeok (2009)”, SBS melodrama “Bad Guy (2010),” and KBS 2tv vengeance drama “Shark (2013).” “Rouge” is the first project in which Kim and Jeon work together. 

The movie is set to start filming in June, after Jeon returns from the Cannes Film Festival in France. 

Source: The Korea Herald

~~~~~

While wishing Lee Jung-Jae speedy recovery, I look forward to this new film with Kim Nam-Gil ad Jeon Do-Yeon

Guest AndinaR

Kim Nam Gil Takes A Role In "Rouge"

In his last drama "Shark," Kim Nam Gil played a con man out for revenge. His character came to a tragic end. In his yet to be released film, "Pirates," he played a Joseon-era bandit. The role reunited him with his "Shark" co-star Son Ye Jin in a high seas quest for lost treasure

For his latest project he will switch to the right side of the law. The actor will play a determined detective searching for a murderer in the upcoming film "Rouge."

Lee Jung Jae was originally cast in the film's leading role but the actor hurt his arm while training for action scenes in the film "Big Match." He delayed getting the necessary surgery due to the tight filming schedule and complicated his recovery. Lee Jung Jae will now need to wear a cast and he will need a full three months to recuperate. That precludes his appearance in "Rouge."

Kim Nam Gil, whose film "Pirates" had its opening delayed because of the tragic ferry Sewol ferry incident, has stepped in to replace Lee Jung Jae.

Kim Nam Gil will play the part of Jae Gon, a police detective looking for a killer. In the process of his investigation he meets the murderer's girlfriend, played by Jeon Do Yeon. She is waiting for her boyfriend to return from wherever he has gone. Opposites will naturally attract and the two will fall for each other, making an unlikely couple.

Jeon Do Yeon is currently serving at a judge at the Cannes Film Festival. She is the first Korean actress to serve as a judge at Cannes and the second Korean to serve on the nine-member panel. Her work in the film "Secret Sunshine," previously won her the festival's Best Actress honor. Jeon, who made her film debut in the romance "The Contact," also starred in the melodramatic thriller "The Housemaid." That film was also shown in Cannes in 2010. In 2014 Jeon Do Yeon may be seen in the role of a blind Joseon-era swordswoman in the film "Memories of the Sword," which co-stars Lee Byung Hun and Kim Go Eun.

Kim Nam Gil, who debuted in the drama "School 1," has appeared in several dramas including "Queen Seonduk" and "Bad Guy," as well as a few films, including the acclaimed "Lovers Vanished."

"Rouge" will begin filming in June after Jeon Do Yeon returns from the Cannes Film Festival.

Source:KDrama Stars
:-*

May 16, 2014
Jeon Do Yeon & Kim Nam Gil casting in movie 'Rouge' together
Source: STARN News 20140515111940_5374243cb814c_1.jpg
Jeon Do Yeon and Kim Nam Gil are casting in a new film called 'Rouge' together.
On May 15th, the production agency of 'Rouge' told that Jeon Do Yeon and Kim Nam Gil recently confirmed their casting.
'Rouge' is going to show a story of a detective, and a girlfriend of a murder suspect, who fall in love with each other while chasing and running away.
Director Oh Seung Wook, who has directed a great number of different major films in the past, is going to direct 'Rouge', and a great number of movie fans are showing huge anticipation.
Kim Nam Gil and Jeon Do Yeon, who have showed irreplaceable charisma on a great number of different dramas and films in the past, are going to make their first collaboration in 'Rouge'. Jeon Do Yeon is going to cast in the film as 'Hye Kyung', the girlfriend of a murder suspect, and Kim Nam Gil is going to cast as the detective, named 'Jae Gon'.
The movie will show Hye Kyung, who just waits for her suspect boyfriend to return, slowly falling in love with 'Jae Gon' without even realizing, and Jeon Do Yeon is going to show another major transformation through the film.
On the other hand, 'Jae Gon' is a tough detective, who would do anything to solve cases, and Kim Nam Gil will express the dilemma that Jae Gon goes through, standing between a new love and his duty.
Meanwhile, the first shooting of 'Rouge' is going to take place in June, after Jeon Do Yeon gets back from Cannes International Film Festival.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

@LoVe Cartier... thank you so much for the interview with Eng subs of KNG...  I love how he portrays himself. Interesting that he says now that he would love to do a film noir. Before I heard he said he wanted to do a rom com.  

I am so excited. We now have both a drama and a movie with him to look forward to

BTW, I love Jeon Do Yeon... She is such a capable actress! Furthermore, she has an international following, since she has won Best Actress in Cannes, and this year she was also one of the judges in Cannes. Quite an accomplishment, I would think.

I so look forward to this pairing with KNG.  And I think it will serve KNG well as an opening to an international market that may have not been familiar with him until "Rouge" comes out.  So, I think that for him, it is totally a step in the right direction, that will promote him in the international arena.

Thank you @Lyrayoo and @LoVe Cartier..for all the lovely photos....

KNG in Japan airport today, on the way back to Korea.

10325678_796399860405077_714339449748838

All those character stills from The Pirates look  awesome...

@Lyrahoo.. thank you for more info on the new film with Jeon Do-Yeon. I wonder what brought about the name change...  Either way, it will be with my most anticipated films this year.