Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

6 hours ago, joybran said:

I agree with your analysis of the two kinds of actors. I think Joon Gi is the type 2 because we have seen in BTS clips how he can get in and out of character very quickly. Type 1 actors who have to stay in character all the time are a pain to work with, and we know that Joon Gi is a lot of fun to work with. Type 2 actors have to do as much work as type 1, but they work in a different way, a more analytic way, I think. They create the character more from the outside in. They don't depend as much on inner emotions as on learning to express emotions in different ways like Joon Gi said he studied how transvestites express themselves to play Gong Gil.

Being a little depressed after a work ends doesn't necessarily mean having trouble getting out of character. Joon Gi has talked about how much he loves acting, how excited he is to start a new project, and how hard it is to say goodbye at the end of the project. I used to feel the same way when I was editing films. After intensely enjoying the work on a movie for months, it is always sad to see it end. I think that applies to most creative work on projects that last for months and then are over.

I don't think he switch on and off completely. He can be goofy in between takes but he is still the character. 

Lee Joon Gi is probably the actor I know who has many faces. Now I have come to a realisation that he was probably still in his drama or movie character in some of those pictures or video.

When he was invited in Hawaii to accept the award, that was Kay. When he did the CF for Spris with Park Min Young, that was Lee So Hyun. That man who had his birthday fan meeting last May 2016, that was definitely Wang So. 

Sorry but I don't agree that an actor can effectively interpret a character with just the outer force.  I believe the actor have to cultivate those emotions internally FIRST then it will translate into outer actions or behavior & mannerism.  I believe that the emotion of the character have to be a fragment of the actor emotions to make it feel real & authentic. And I see that in Lee Joon Gi. He is one of the Korean Actors I know who can fully immersed into the character. That is why, every character he did was unique.

I thought the older an actor gets the more control he has on his emotions.

• Like 11

Welp. A famous pair of cosplayers from my country became part of the RE final movie as extra zombies. :( They must have seen Joon Gi but didn't know who he was. Maaaaaan I'd have killed to be in their shoes lol. 

DF-05418-1024x683.jpg

Anyway, the movie opened in my country just today so I might watch it this Friday! Can't wait to gush over oppa. :D:D 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Remember that So Hyun after regaining memory was partly Kay (he had parts of his character in him - did you notice?) and he still chews gum from time to time. Even his boss asked him when he started "that awful habit". :wink: 

ofc i rememberr thattt scene.. thats was the epic scene where we all know that Kay is somehow becoming a part of soo hyun. i love both soo hyun and kay since both is such a badaass but i cannot help myself melting more with Kay. ahhahahahahahaahahahahaha.. ok. i need both to protect me,

• Like 10

9 hours ago, joybran said:

I agree with your analysis of the two kinds of actors. I think Joon Gi is the type 2 because we have seen in BTS clips how he can get in and out of character very quickly. Type 1 actors who have to stay in character all the time are a pain to work with, and we know that Joon Gi is a lot of fun to work with. Type 2 actors have to do as much work as type 1, but they work in a different way, a more analytic way, I think. They create the character more from the outside in. They don't depend as much on inner emotions as on learning to express emotions in different ways like Joon Gi said he studied how transvestites express themselves to play Gong Gil.

Being a little depressed after a work ends doesn't necessarily mean having trouble getting out of character. Joon Gi has talked about how much he loves acting, how excited he is to start a new project, and how hard it is to say goodbye at the end of the project. I used to feel the same way when I was editing films. After intensely enjoying the work on a movie for months, it is always sad to see it end. I think that applies to most creative work on projects that last for months and then are over.

i just remember HOng Jong Hyun insterview before, he talk about his co star Joongi and Kang Haneul. 

He said, its really hard to act with Joon and Haneul because he need a time to change into wang yo but  both Joongi and Haneul can change into their character easily and really quickly 

• Like 19

5 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Are there any others? Which one is Joon Gi's favourite?

THere are no other kisses. Those are the only three kisses in the drama, and Oppa's favourite is the second one (when he comes out of the restaurant and "attacks" Ari XD) He mentioned this during the Scarlet Heart last episode screening/fan meeting aired on vlive. :) you can still check the video on JG's channel. 

5 hours ago, cedarwood said:

The same actor played his father in Joseon gunman. His name is Choi Jae Sung and is great actor. I believe the father-son chemistry in TBDAW made Joseon gunman makers ask him to play Joon Gi's dad.

Thanks for telling me his name (I feel bad I was too lazy to check on wiki lol!) XDD But yeah, totally great chemistry. And in the KBS drama awards back in 2014, you can tell they have a very good realtionship. When Oppa won the excellence award, Choi Jae Sung gave him a very fatherly gesture (he affectionately touched his face) ^_^ Awww! <3 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Silvermaine said:

YAY A TRANSLATION! FINALLY! Thanks to Lee Joon-Gi Intl Fan Club :) 

Thank you for posted this translated video. I could not help but laugh watching it. Poor JoonGi is pulled in all directions by his fans... be a cop, be a doctor, be a lover-boy... etc. I remember the discussions between the fans about his hair: with bangs or without, with longer hair or shorter... Ha! Ha! Ha! But in the end it is his choice about his looks and his projects. I wonder if he will ever make it out to cover all the preferences of his fans. :lol:

• Like 17

12 hours ago, kiinn said:

@pixelsticks  Thank you!! ♡ let me give you a virtual hug for your generous compilations ♡♡

I know nothing about his songs LoL! ( sorry JoonGi-ssi, I only collect wrist-slitting emo music, your music is too happy for my life) Now, I've got homework to listen to all of these ( am i going to a concert or a national exam ^_^)

You are welcome!  :D  Hahaha  Preparation is key with JG.

17 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

About TBDW there are so many scenes i want to capture and share, but i will start on a shallow note. and you will tell me if there's something more delicious than Soo Hyun chewing and blowing gum:

I was wondering where the gum scenes came from.  I am not far into TBDW but I saw this first:

26xBDob7hIdjUQG6A.gif

And now I know!  :tongue:  Although now knowing this Blooper exists, the gum chewing scenes are gonna make me giggle. I know...bad viewer.:wink:  I am having to skim over many posts so I don't get spoiled!  I am trying my best to finish this drama quickly!  

15 hours ago, yhiyori1221 said:

Don't we all wish he could just be happy with Hae Soo? He deserves to be happy after all that has happened.

Yes....and that they will film it as an episodic series/movie and share it with us. ^_^

8 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

As for the depression, I think it's as much as the character/drama as all the things surrounding it as well - co-actors, staff, being busy day and night etc.. And once you invested so much and was around the same people during a few months, it's understandable he gets a bit down once it all stops and his life becomes "normal" again and he doesn't hang out with those people anymore. (well he stays in touch with a few obviously but not everyone).

12 hours ago, joybran said:

As @leesopark16 and @joybran express a possible reason for the depression,  I can completely agree with their observations.  After completing a complex project or planning a big event that took so much time and energy, even if the event/project was incredibly successful, when it's over...it's like...ok...what do I do now?  What is my new "normal" that will fill my days?  And there can be a longing to want to "go back to it."  

I know that is partly the reason I am also hanging out on the MLSHR thread and here....I watched this intense drama with a heartwrenching storyline that left me feeling sad and empty and angry! LOL.  I didn't want it to end, I wanted some semblance of happy, I wanted people to explain what happened. I got tormented by the SOON & the Handkerchief.  And I wanted to see more of JG. Hahaha.  So thank you for the therapy and helping me "getting past done." http://www.lifehack.org/articles/featured/getting-past-done-what-to-do-after-youve-finished-a-big-project.html     <<<<<hugs>>>>> 

• Like 13

7 hours ago, Christabelita said:

THere are no other kisses. Those are the only three kisses in the drama, and Oppa's favourite is the second one (when he comes out of the restaurant and "attacks" Ari XD) He mentioned this during the Scarlet Heart last episode screening/fan meeting aired on vlive. :) you can still check the video on JG's channel. 

That's his favourite kiss? Oh he's a naughty boy!:D

7 hours ago, Christabelita said:

you can tell they have a very good realtionship. When Oppa won the excellence award, Choi Jae Sung gave him a very fatherly gesture (he affectionately touched his face) ^_^ Awww! <3 

Awwww really? Must have been lovely moment. ^_^

7 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I am not far into TBDW but I saw this first:

Hahhahahahahaha! :lol:

7 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

As @leesopark16 and @joybran express a possible reason for the depression,  I can completely agree with their observations.  After completing a complex project or planning a big event that took so much time and energy, even if the event/project was incredibly successful, when it's over...it's like...ok...what do I do now?  What is my new "normal" that will fill my days?  And there can be a longing to want to "go back to it."  

Still he doesn't suffer depression after every project he finishes (I hope so!). I still think it's because the role was emotionally exhausting.

Or maybe he just had bad moment in his life - everyone has them.

• Like 11

@MAROSA_JINand @ChristabellaLove the gifs...I feel like I have seen a longer 'bts or making of' version of the bubblegum blowing scene where he had several failed attempts at blowing a bubble :) Has anyone seen that and can post it? I can't find it ...it's funny and well worth a watch:D

And 'Bored, adorable puppy Joon Gi' yes he does seem to find it hard to sit still and wants to be on the move haha.

And also haha - I looked into joonsg417 Instagram, @MAROSA_JIN's posting, as I was curious to know what country the post was from and came across some fun posts of Joon Gi with Milla at dinner with the pigs feet - there are 5 related videos - I hope they haven't been posted before - please forgive me if they have  :tongue:

Spoiler

Pigs feet, pigs feet for you Milla...Don't be nervous lol

Pig's feet is always nerve wracking haha

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, silvianage said:

My first post in this thread.

So far I only watch Joon Gi in Sageuk drama , just read that he is so good in TBDW, Is it recommended?

I never a fan of resident evil but I will watch it this time only because Joon Gi is in that movie :D

Welcome dear!!

and YEEEEES!!!!!! TBDW IS FREAKING AMAZING I TOTALLY RECOMMEND IT TO YOU! I watch that drama every year and it never fails to keep me on my toes! so great! and Oppa's performance is amazing like always, even back then when this work was his first lead role in a drama =D

• Like 16

@missmaudyOh dear - I'm not sure what to think of this news :unsure:  I used to watch Criminal Minds when it first started but it got too violent for me.  Perhaps the drama will be adapted for Korean audiences to suit their tastes whatever they are - hopefully it will be toned down a bit. But then again I can't expect Joon Gi to act just in roles to suit my tastes lol :tongue: I realise some others here are very excited for this - I'll have to reserve my judgement until I see it :)

• Like 12