Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

*** Kat from the Philippines will answer questions about her favorite actor. She is a fan of Lee JoonGi! Check out how she became his fan, the reasons why she is a fan, the dramas she recommends, and much more insights about Lee JoonGi.  :heart2:

A Filipino Fan Talks About Her Favorite Actor Lee JoonGi & Why She Loves Him

Who is your favorite Korean actor/actress? And how and when did you become a fan?

My favorite Korean actor is Lee JoonGi. I first watched Lee JoonGi in "My Girl and "Arang and The Magistrate" but I really became his fan after watching him in "Gunman in Joseon" and "The Scholar Who Walks In The Night". I like his vampire role, so scary. And he is a very handsome vampire. And being a Japanese businessman, his Japanese accent is so cool.

What are the reasons why you love your favorite actor?

For me, Lee JoonGi is a very diligent and very humble actor, especially to his fans. Every role he acted was very great.

Can you recommend dramas or movies starring your favorite actor for new fans?

The drama I recommend for his new fans is the "Flower of Evil" because the story is an action thriller and suspense melodrama with a twist. That's why I watch it many times.

A Filipino Fan Talks About Her Favorite Actor Lee JoonGi & Why She Loves Him

What was your favorite answer given by your favorite actor in an interview?

I watch his interview before that he wants his fans to remember him as a diligent actor, and he always does his best that's why I'm very proud of him. Because he never fails us.

What is your favorite actor's influence on your daily life or yourself?

Lee JoonGi is a very funny person and very humble too. He is very passionate in every roles that he makes. That's why he is one of my inspirations in life to become happy and positive person.

What genre do you want your favorite actor to appear in? What's the reason?

I want Lee JoonGi to play a new role of a rich businessman in a romance comedy drama like "Business Proposal", or a serial killer in a horror drama. Or a doctor role. Because he is always an action star and is always in a historical drama. I want to see a new version of Lee JoonGi.

Which actors would you like your favorite actor to act with? What's the reason?

I want to see him in a action comedy drama with a all star male oppa cast with Gong Yoo, Song JoongKi, Ji ChangWook, Hyun Bin, Park BoGum, and Cha EunWoo.

Which co-actor do you think had the best chemistry with your favourite actor?

I think the best actor that has a best chemistry with Lee JoonGi is Moon ChaeWon in "Flower of Evil". Their chemistry as a husband and wife is very real and they have a great performance. In every scene that they make. The episodes is very exciting and more suspense to me.

Which character played by your favourite actor made you fall in love with them?

The character of Lee JoonGi that I really fell in love with is his Japanese role for "Gunman in Joseon". I like his Japanese outfit. His looks and Japanese accent, and the way he speaks Japanese is very cool like a real Japanese. And also his vampire role in "Scholar Who Walks The Night". His vampire role is very scary. Especially when he was weak and he needs do drink a blood. I really fell in love with him the way he speaks. 

What is a random fact that you think people don't know about him?

I think that people don't know about him is that he is very close friends with Moon ChaeWon, since they worked together in "Criminal Minds". I think they become really close that then.

If you could spend the day with him, what would you want to do together?

If I spend the day with Lee JoonGi, what will we do together are:
1. I will bring him in Quiapo Church, one of the famous church in the Philippines. We will have a mass first. And pray.
2. I will introduce him in our national hero Jose Rizal in Luneta.
3. We will go in Intramuros, Manila, one of the famous historical places in the Philippines.
4. We will have a vacation in Tagaytay and Baguio. We will take selfies. I will bring him in all the famous tourist places there. While holding hands, while walking and hugging each other in a cold weather there.
5. And we will ride in a jeepney, the famous transportation here in the Philippines.

What do you think is the most underrated work by your favourite actor?

I think the most underrated work of Lee JoonGi is when he played Wang So in "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo", although I really did't like his character. He was very aggressive and had a bad attitude. That's my own opinion only. 

If you could be in any scene with your favourite actor, which scene would it be and why?

I think if given a chance to have a scene with Lee JoonGi, I think in his drama "Scholar Who Walks The Night", I want to play as Yang Sun, when there is a scene in a bathtub and Lee JoonGi healed Lee YuBi's wounds with his blood. Or the scene in episode 1 in "Flower of Evil" with a kissing scene with his wife. Wow i fell in love. 

What is your favourite way of communicating with your favourite actor?

My favorite way of communicating with Lee JoonGi is through his Instagram. Every post Lee JoonGi makes, even his instagram story, I give it a like and I write a comment with a sweet and loving message for him to be motivated and to make him happy. That's why I always updated.

Can you recall a moment where you cried/laughed with your favourite actor?

I think I recall the moment I cried with Lee JoonGi - it is during the scene in "Flower of Evil" where he cried so much while he hugging his daughter EunHa. I really felt touched with that scene, that's why I cried a lot. And for laughter, it was when he danced in a fan meeting. I laugh whenever I watch his dance. It's really funny.

Name 1 quality in your favourite actor that you wish you had.

I think if I name one quality of Lee JoonGi that I wish I could have, it is his being a very positive person, because sometimes I feel unconfident with my strengths. That's why I really admire him.

If you could write a book about your favourite character, what would the first and last lines be?

If I write a book with my favorite character, the first line is "I will be here for you forever no matter what happens". And last line is "I love you forever and give you the best of my heart. 

What do you have in common with your favourite actor?

What me and Lee JoonGi have in common is we are both diligent and we are hardworking persons. We are both diligent in every work that we make. And we give all our best. 

What is your 2022 prediction for your favourite actor?

My 2022 prediction for my Lee JoonGi-oppa is this year will not end without him knowing me. I'm his destiny. 

Kat's message for Lee JoonGi:

Hi Lee JoonGi! Thank you for always being a good example to your fans. Just maintain being humble and a nice person to us. We are always here to support you. We love you Mr. Diligent Actor. JG style. Mahal ka namin Saranghae.  

source https://www.kpopmap.com/a-filipino-fan-talks-about-her-favorite-actor-lee-joongi-why-she-loves-him/

• Like 2

5 Korean actors with outstanding successes in 2022, known for visuals that age like fine wine

2022 introduces fans to a lot of successful K-dramas and movies, and below are some notable actors with outstanding works within this year. 

Lee Joon Gi

Last but not least is Lee Joon Gi, who marked his small screen comeback with the revenge drama “Again My Life”. The series, which started with a viewership of 5.8%, saw this number doubled in later episodes, before concluding with an average rating of 9.2%, proving its popularity.

Again My Life “Again My Life” achieved an average rating of 9,2%

In “Again My Life”, Lee Joon Gi assumed the role of Kim Hee Woo, a prosecutor who was killed while investigating a political scheme. After being granted a 2nd chance, he used his knowledge about the future to pay back all those that have caused harm to him. 

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://kbizoom.com/5-korean-actors-with-outstanding-successes-in-2022-known-for-visuals-that-age-like-fine-wine/

• Like 4

***  Lee Jun Ki thanked IU for sending a coffee cart to the filming set of his latest project, tvN's 'Arthdal Chronicles 2'! TODAY, December 7, he shared a series of photos on his Instagram with the caption, "I can't believe it, a surprise encouragement.. Thank you Ji Eun."  He was seen posing in front of a coffee truck with a big smile. IU also included a message on the cup sleeve cheering on both Lee Jun Ki and her EDAM Entertainment labelmate, Shin Se Kyung. The drama is set to air some time next year - 2023. NICE to see their friendship is still going strong.  I hope they will be working together again.   :yay:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl0psbSvVrH/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=492b0f5d-5f14-4336-9deb-ab467075b142

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Joon Gi Thanks Former Co-Star IU For Showing Love To Him And Shin Se Kyung On The Set Of “Arthdal Chronicles 2”

IU has shown love for Lee Joon Gi and Shin Se Kyung on the set of their new drama!

On December 6, Lee Joon Gi uploaded photos of himself posing with the coffee truck sent by his “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” co-star IU to the set of his upcoming drama “Arthdal Chronicles 2“! In the truck banner, IU wrote an acrostic poem with Lee Joon Gi’s name, which reads, “This is possible, Joon Gi oppa‘s good looks. Good looking Joon Gi, Joon Gi oppa‘s full name. Fait accompli, another hit for Joon Gi oppa.”

Lee Joon Gi expressed his gratitude in the caption, writing, “I can’t believe this surprise encouragement…Thank you Ji Eun [IU’s birth name]~ Thanks to you, all the staff are filming more enjoyably after eating deliciously and gaining strength.” As IU also cheered on her EDAM Entertainment labelmate Shin Se Kyung on the coffee cup sleeves, Lee Joon Gi added, “I’ve been touched again by your meticulousness of making sure to support two people~”

배우 이준기 李準基 on Instagram: “서프라이즈 응원이라니 ...지은아 고마워~ 덕분에 스태프분 모두들 맛있게 먹고 힘내서 더 즐겁게 촬영했답니다 두 사람 응원까지 함께 챙기는 세심함에 또 한번 감동~”

IU and Lee Joon Gi co-starred in SBS’s 2016 drama “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” and have maintained their close friendship over the years. Lee Joon Gi and Shin Se Kyung are currently filming for the second season of “Arthdal Chronicles,” an epic fantasy drama about heroes who make their own legends in the mythical land of Arth.

Lee Joon Gi Thanks Former Co-Star IU For Showing Love To Him And Shin Se Kyung On The Set Of “Arthdal Chronicles 2” | Soompi

• Like 4

4 K-drama love lines that get on the audience’s nerves in 2022

Many people love K-dramas for their love lines, however, some series are just better off without them, according to netizens. 

K-dramas have always been strong when it comes to romance, and viewers are extremely invested in their favorite K-drama couples. However, not all works are in need of a romantic flair, and in 2022 alone, there have been several love lines that feel out of place in their respective series. 

Again My Life

Again My Life

The love line between Kim Hee Woo (Lee Joon Gi) and Kim Hee Ah (Kim Ji Eun) from the action series “Again My Life” was criticized by netizens for being irrelevant to the compelling plot and Lee Joon Gi’s performance of a psychologically complex character. 

The lack of coherence of the romance subplot became more obvious when it only appeared at the end of the series.

Despite the majority of the story focused on a thrilling revenge journey, the sudden shift to a rose-tinted love story dissuaded many viewers from finishing the drama. 

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kbizoom.com/4-k-drama-love-lines-that-get-on-the-audiences-nerves-in-2022/

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

5 K-drama couples expected to create a sensation on the Korean small screen in 2023

As the end of the year approaches, K-drama schedules for 2023 are being unveiled, and so many couples are already raking up extremely high expectations. 

Many K-dramas planned for 2023 are already beginning production or have announced their cast members, raising expectations for the combinations and chemistry that will blossom. And below are 5 K-drama couples that are already garnering quite the attention for 2023. 

Lee Joon Gi and Shin Se Kyung

shin se kyung Arthdal Chronicles 2
lee jun ki Arthdal Chronicles 2

Lee Joon Gi and Shin Se Kyung is an interesting combination for the next anticipated series, “Arthdal Chronicles” season 2. They will take over the roles previously portrayed by Song Joong Ki and Kim Ji Won. Lee Joon Gi plays Eunseom in his adult years while Shin Se Kyung plays Tanya. This major change manages to pique the interest of viewers and builds considerable anticipation of how the sequel to his big-budget drama will play out.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://kbizoom.com/5-k-drama-couples-expected-to-create-a-sensation-on-the-korean-small-screen-in-2023/

• Love 5

*** It’s a hard fight when it comes to the worthiest winner of the SBS Drama Daesang Award 2022. The contenders are Namgoong Min (1000 Won Lawyer), Lee Jun Ki (Again My Life), Kim Nam Gil (Through The Darkness), Kim Rae Won (The First Responders), and Seo Hyun Jin (Why Her). All are solid, consistent actors, and all are deserving of the honour. I watched the dramas of Lee Jun Ki & Kim Rae Won. and both are always appealing and convincing in their roles.  :getmygrooveon:

202212071050588251_d5178687861190780364.jpg?w=700

photos source https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2022/12/10/sbs-drama-daesang-contenders/

• Like 5

5 K-Dramas With Mind Blowing Twists: ‘Flower of Evil,’ ‘Big Mouth,’ More

These thriller-mystery series from Lee Joon Gi's "Flower of Evil" to Lee Jong Suk's "Big Mouth" are some of the many K-dramas that feature unpredictable turn of events that will end up satisfying you and make you crave more episodes!

1. 'Flower of Evil'

Starting from this great crime-thriller drama foretells the story of an emotionless psychopath Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi) who hides his identity and tries to leave his dark past behind him. He then married homicide detective Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won), who is trying to uncover the truth about him.

tvN’s “Flower of Evil”

(skipped unrelated.....) 

• Love 3
  • Blob 2

17 Best Romance Historical K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2022 Update)

Cover-pic-moon-lovers-sbs.jpg

5. "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo"

17 Best Romance Historical K-Dramas To Have On Your Watchlist (2022 Update)

When: 2016

Cast: Lee JoonGi, IU, Kang HaNeul, Nam JooHyuk, Ji Soo, Hong JongHyun, EXO's BaekHyun, etc

Summary: During a solar eclipse, Go HaJin is transported from modern to Goryeo times. She wakes up in the middle of the numerous royal princes. Her story then begins. She first falls in love with the kind 8th Prince but later changes to the 4th Prince. This prince is known for being fearless and he hides his face with a mak. She is trapped in the princes' rivalry over the throne.

For: Viewers looking for drama bringing viewers on a roller-coaster of emotions.

Why watch?: Lee JoonGi is one of the actors whose acting in historical dramas is not to miss. The other actors in supporting roles are also popular. The drama while being eye-candy and is quite complex in its addictive plot and numerous characters. It is well balanced between cute and dark.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://www.kpopmap.com/10-best-romance-historical-kdramas-to-have-on-your-watchlist/

• Like 1
  • Love 3

5 K-Dramas Without Love Triangles: ‘Lawless Lawyer,’ ‘Where Stars Land,’ More

Not all beautiful K-dramas have love triangles. Sometimes, the protagonists' life journey is what makes the series more exciting to watch.

Though these dramas "Lawless Lawyer," "Where Stars Land," and more don't involve complicated romance, it still has excellent storylines and lead stars made an impact with their strong chemistry. 

1. 'Lawless Lawyer'

Starring Lee Joon Gi and Seo Ye Ji, this 2018 legal drama tells the story of Bong Sang Pil and Ha Jae Yi, who form the Lawless Law Firm. To seek revenge for his mother and fight against those politicians with absolute power, Sang Pil decides to become a lawyer and leave his life as a gangster. However, he still uses his fists and loopholes to achieve his goals, and his battles become easier when he teams up with the help of Ha Jae Yi. 

Lee Joon Gi, Seo Ye Ji

(skipped unrelated.....) 

• Like 4

Top 6 legal dramas of 2022: Extraordinary Attorney Woo, Why Her and more; VOTE for your favorite

As 2022 comes to an end so let’s take a look at some of our favorite legal dramas that have changed our perspective completely. Read ahead to know more.

Let’s take a look at some of the best legal dramas released in 2022 :- 

Again My Life 

The drama follows Kim Hee Woo (Lee Joon Gi) as a high school student, where his academic grades ranked at the bottom of his school. Through hard work, Kim Hee-Woo entered a university and eventually passed the bar exam. He now works as an enthusiastic prosecutor.

While he investigates possible corruption related to a politician named Jo Tae Seob (Lee Kyoung Young), he gets killed by an unidentified man. But, Kim Hee Woo wakes up and finds himself alive again. The second chance thriller drama adds a sense of threat in the air as one watches on. The chemistry of the cast and the love triangle is also an added bonus! 

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/top-6-legal-dramas-of-2022-extraordinary-attorney-woo-why-her-and-more-vote-for-your-favorite-1203401

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Top 3 K-Drama Piggyback Scenes That Made The Heart Of Fans Flutter The Most According To Kpopmap Readers

K-Dramas are known for playing on various tropes that give viewers heart-fluttering moments. And one of them is the piggyback rides. This cute and fun action might be seen as one of the most romantic in a series but it also has a deeper meaning beyond its endearing purpose, one could draw a sense of security and comfort in knowing that there is someone who is ready to carry them over the hurdle, someone they can aptly rely on, and someone who can make things feel lighter.

With many dramas displaying this trope in different forms, we took a fun poll asking our readers to vote for the piggyback scenes that made their hearts flutter the most. A lot of votes were cast and we thank you for your participation.

The results are in! Here are the top 3 K-Drama piggyback scenes that made the hearts of fans flutter the most according to Kpopmap readers.

3. "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo"

Top 3 K-Drama Piggyback Scenes That Made The Heart Of Fans Flutter The Most According To Kpopmap Readers

SBS

The love story between the 4th prince Wang So and HaeSoo might have had a tragic and sad ending but it still presented various moments that made their love story one for the romance books. This piggyback ride scene was perhaps one of the purest moments of happiness presented in the series. A breath of fresh air, it captured the essence of their budding romance story a couple who tried to find happiness within themselves despite the turbulence they faced. With 22.9% (6,028) votes fans loved this scene the most as it ranks 3rd on the poll.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-3-kdrama-piggyback-scenes-that-made-the-heart-of-fans-flutter-the-most-according-to-kpopmap-readers/

• Like 3

*** The casts of 'Flower of Evil' boast their beautiful friendship by getting together for Christmas this year! On December 24th, Lee Junki shared several photos on his official Instagram account with the caption, "A warm night with my beloved 'Flower of Evil' friends. 'Flower of Evil' family day, with my beautiful friends."  The pictures show Lee Junki, Moon Chaewon, Seo Hyunwoo, Kim Jihoon, and Jang Heejin gathering together to celebrate Christmas by drinking wine together and enjoying dinner and cakes together. It's my favorite show, love everything on it. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year beautiful people!!! The chemistry among you guys is so great and made 'Flower of Evil' one of the best K-dramas ever.  :7555_attack:

20221226_033731_468_629_n.webp

20221226_033921_237_istmas.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

A K-Drama Fan From The US Talks About Her Love About Romance K-Dramas

Can you give us your top 3 K-Dramas and why you love them?

This is a hard one. I would say my top three K-Dramas would probably be "Guardian The Lonely And Great God", "Flower of Evil", and "True Beauty".

"Guardian The Lonely And Great God", because it was the first K-Drama I had ever watched, and the performances of Gong Yoo and Kim GoEun’s characters, playing Kim Shin and Ji EunTak, was terrific. Also, not to mention the bromance between Kim Shin and Grim Reaper.

"Flower of Evil" is in my top three because the story was so immersive, and the entire cast’s chemistry with each other was just so realistic. The writing was also a big standout as well!

Flower-of-E-poster.jpg

Flower-of-Evil-K-Drama-scaled.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/a-k-drama-fan-from-the-us-talks-about-her-love-about-romance-k-dramas/

• Like 2

Lee Joon gi at SBS Drama Award 2022

He is nominated for Daesang.

Lee Joon-gi, I am the heart god

26F48JMG5M_1.jpg

2022123120050210339_1.jpg

Spoiler

26F48GOLV3_1.jpg

2022123119448035961_1.jpg

Actor Lee Joon-gi poses on the red carpet at the '2022 SBS Drama Awards' held at SBS Prism Tower in Mapo-gu, Seoul on the afternoon of the 31st.

https://www.sedaily.com/NewsView/26F48JMG5M

https://moneys.mt.co.kr/news/mwView.php?no=2022123120050210339

Congratulations Lee Joon Gi win Top excellence Actor award in a Fantasy Drama SBS drama Awards 2022

• Love 2