Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

*** I want to re-watch “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo”. IU and Lee Joon Gi did such a great job playing lovers. In the drama, they have gorgeous costumes, and NICE OST. This makes the show a must see, for those who still haven't watched the drama yet. I'm not really into historical genre but, this fantasy historical drama is my favorite, I guess because LJK starred on it.   :kaching1:

scarlet-heart.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/14/2023 at 5:50 PM, willenette said:

*** I want to re-watch “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo”. IU and Lee Joon Gi did such a great job playing lovers. In the drama, they have gorgeous costumes, and NICE OST. This makes the show a must see, for those who still haven't watched the drama yet. I'm not really into historical genre but, this fantasy historical drama is my favorite, I guess because LJK starred on it.  

@willenette, I watched JG's part three times already and must say he carried the whole show :approves:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 Fun-Filled Summery Historical K-Dramas You’ll Love After “Our Blooming Youth”

With no sageuks on the immediate horizon after the wrap-up of “Our Blooming Youth,” there’s no better time than to revisit (or watch anew) some of the best historical dramas of the past few years. Some feature detective duos who bicker their way into romance like Lee Hwan (Park Hyung Sik) and Min Jae Yi (Jeon So Nee), and others matchmake sweet heroines like Ga Ram (Pyo Ye Jin) with brooding men like Han Sung On (Yoon Jong Seok). And there’s a healthy splash of danger, mystery, and even the slight hint of magic in all these recommendations below. Here they are, without further ado!

1. “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

scarlet-heart-ryeo.jpg

This show took the drama world by storm in 2016 and gained both Lee Joon Gi and IU legions of fans. And for good reason! It’s the classic story of a modern woman named Go Ha Jin (IU) who gets transported back in time during a solar eclipse. She wakes during the Goryeo Dynasty in the body of a girl named Hae Soo. There, she befriends the numerous, eccentric princes of the house of King Taejo. The tenderhearted eighth prince Wang Wook (Kang Ha Neul) is Prince Charming personified, but there’s something about the notoriously cruel fourth prince, Wang So (Lee Joon Gi), that terrifies and fascinates Hae Soo. Before long, she finds herself embroiled in palace scandal and politics as she unwittingly becomes a pawn in an ongoing fight for the throne where the brother she chooses could save the kingdom or doom it.

Why you’ll love it: Lee Joon Gi and IU’s chemistry is off-the-charts in this show. Wang So is one of the most unhinged characters Lee Joon Gi has played, while Hae Soo grows from terrified woman to weary palace maid, but their relationship just works. It’s a testament to how good these two are together that fans still clamor for a sequel. It’s a must-watch!

31ccd397c38c485d4cabd1af8889883763665a62.gifv

b4b910be07de63ebe3155912ca3901fe1b0e084d.gifv

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 3

*** I enjoyed watching this drama.   :heart:

5 Time Travel K-Dramas You Should Have On Your Watchlist

Here are 5 time travel K-Dramas we recommend you add to your watchlist.

The infusion of time travel in K-Dramas are often seen as an interesting plot element that makes the already entertaining genre even more fascinating. While they may or may not be the central plot of the storyline, time travel does create the settings where the story dwells.

The element of time travel allows for more room for a creator to expand their creative horizons, and create scenarios that ordinarily would be fantastical and otherwordly but also feel conceivable and understood by the viewer.

While there are many dramas that infuse this element into their stories, here are some of our absolute favorite ones we recommend you had to your watch list.

5. "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo"

Starring IU, Lee JoonGi, and Kang HaNeul, the historical fantasy drama is still one of the most popular K-Dramas today.

It tells the story of a young woman who was transported back to the Goryeo dynasty during the solar eclipse. There, she meets the eccentric princes of the kingdom and as her story unfolds, she finds herself in not just the middle of a love triangle but also a political dispute as the princes fight for the throne.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/5-time-travel-k-dramas-you-should-have-on-your-watchlist/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

*** Idol-actor Suho is rumored to have his small screen comeback through this upcoming season of the series "Arthdal Chronicles as cameo in Lee Joon Gi's upcoming drama based on a news cited by a media outlet. Regarding his participation, the drama's production has yet to release a statement about his role. The drama filming already started but the release date is still unannounced.   :heart2:

arthdal-chronicles-season-2.png?w=820

source : https://tenasia.hankyung.com/tv-drama/article/2023042776704

• Like 2

*** Whilst many of the master pieces stick out among the others and get the appreciation they deserve, there are some dramas that go unnoticed. And by that, I don't mean that it's not acknowledged at all, but perhaps, it deserves more hype. This drama of LJK deserves attention.  :kaching1:

posterphoto1659267.jpg

poster source : Hancinema 

credit : Aisha Adnan

"Flower of Evil"

Though "Flower of Evil" received an average rating of 5.7% during its time and 6.2% at its peak, the show is not something people remember about a lot. Hence, it became a masterpiece unknown to any new fan. Moreover, it also did not get enough recognition internationally".Flower of Evil" stars Lee Jong-gi, Moon Chae-won and Kim Ji-hoon as the lead cast. It tells the story of Detective Cha Ji-won, a woman with a perfect family. An adorable daughter and supporting, loving husband, Baek Hae-sunf (Lee Jong-gil). But things begin to collapse when she begins to sink deeper into her husband's past. It is then that her morals clash. Was he really a serial killer?The drama keeps you on the edge till the very end. It's filled with plot twists and intense cinematography that will leave goosebumps all over your skin.

Fans applauded Lee Jong-gil's amazing acting skills, for perfectly embodying the most complex character in the history of K-Dramas.

Broadcasting information in Korea: 2020/07/29~2020/09/23, Wed, Thu 22:50 on tvN.

Where to Watch