Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 hours ago, violina said:
3 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Do you think there will be a romantic line at all? 

I am curious^_^..you want it to have one?

At this point I'd have to argue01-2449.jpg?type=w1200<<<snerk>>> ...YES.  I frankly felt that Hyun Joon was incomplete. (Not by JG's acting, but by the script).  Lawyer/cop....if it's just a simple hotheaded character that finds his eventual way...I'm meh. Too similar.  But that said...I'm not sure if I want any loveline to BE the reason for the change. It's that I WANT to watch JG be romantic/flirty/sensual/not sappy.  payup onion headOr even get rebuffed if he tries. It doesn't have to be the main focus, but I'd like this character to have some devilish charm, some interaction worthy of gifs. Some human interest interaction besides CarRide Confessionals. <<wink wink>>

Heck, I'd love it if a female beat him in a jiujitsu match in this drama.  C'mon.  Think about the camera angles, the limbs interacting, the verbal play...it may be TOO sensual for Kdramas... woa onion head <<<but I wanna watch it...polkadot crotch pants and all!>>>  Hahahaha  

That said....I'd love it if he would take on a character like this.... 

Some eccentric genius that no one knows how to deal with....but they need him. 

But whatever it is....

tumblr_ovxyzaBVzZ1vem8apo3_540.gif

Just kidding.  I have patience.  whistling onion head And I'll take what I'm given.  Just having verbal diarrhea right now. 

And thanks @violina for the dramabeans take.  @leesopark16 ...I know.  But I'd take more Wang So. shy onion head

• Like 4

9 hours ago, cedarwood said:

I like badass idea but hate emotionless robots. I hope the makers would mix it.

I wouldn't go so far as to want an emotionless robot either, but I said cool and calm because he has very expressive eyes and micro expressions that can be used effectively. I wouldn't want the direction of the character to be the usual angry mobster type that uses his fists for the sake of it which is what the plot seems to indicate (possibly a translation misinterpretation?). 

• Like 6

No Internet since Sunday and look what I lost!!  LJG upgrade in jiu-jitsu and and and A New Drama!!!  I don't know how I will sleep tonight...  I don't know how I would live from now on...  I'm so excited. A reunion with the PD from TBDW!!!  One of my fave JG dramas...  I'm thinking of Kay and seriously I don't know how I will be able to sleep tonight!!! 

I'm the happiest girl in the world. I trust JG,  so I'm sure I will love the drama and his character in the drama and I will pray for the drama to be successful..  Right now that's all I need...  (For now,  I know I will need more things later..  We need a new list @pixelsticks

My smile for today 

tumblr_ol138y60YR1spfigfo2_400.gif

(That's me right now :D

Gif credit to uploader 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, antoniaclamens said:

(For now,  I know I will need more things later..  We need a new list @pixelsticks

Yes we do....yes we do yes-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774081 (We need confirmation first....)

1 hour ago, LadyOne said:

The Star mag available for sale @ 3150 krw

Why did Pentagon get 2 more pages than LJG?  :angry:  I guess he has to share the magazine.  Darnnit! 

roses-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774076Happy VALENTINES Day Fellow Soompi Angels! 

love-heart-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774074And Happy #internetfriendsday!! love-balloon-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774074

tvxTL1a.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, LadyOne said:

Joon Gi day! :heart: Anyone going? 

He announce his Joon Gi Day like last year, on Valentine's day :wub: :wub:

I'll try to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The problem, as last year, will be to get the ticket :huh:

Happy Valentine's Day to all JG Angels 

fd0e701c-fe85-43f3-8a8b-6074f0a26e11.png

AND REMEMBER TO VOOOOOOOOOOTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

Gosh, I go to sleep and find there is a new IG post (with yummy pics) and even a potential female co-star????? <<<hehehehe>>>

I expected LOTS of reaction in here.... confused-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774068We got some gaze, some nekkid legs, tons of adam apple, dreamy profile and "Please look forward to next project?"  Does he mean the mag photoshoot/JG Island thing...or his drama....tricky tricky???

WHERE IS EVERYONE???

6 hours ago, glassnokamen said:
10 hours ago, LadyOne said:

Joon Gi day! :heart: Anyone going? 

He announce his Joon Gi Day like last year, on Valentine's day :wub: :wub:

I'll try to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The problem, as last year, will be to get the ticket :huh:

I so WANT you to get a ticket!!  But I am confident you will get one! 

Back to potential co-star....  Seo-Ye-Ji-Lee-Joon-Gi.jpg

7 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

Offer is out for the female lead to Seo Ye Ji. I don't know her at all but people say she is good.

I have only seen her in Hwarang. I liked her better than the lead female in that show.  She is 5'7" so she is a bit taller.  She was in Big Bang's Let's Not Fall in Love video.  She could handle GDragon's smolder.  Now I am ready for her to handle Bong Sang Pil's smolder.  And she seems to have a great sense of humor and timing.  cute-rabbit-emoticon-16.gif?1301940532  <<<if they both even take these roles>>>

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

*Blue peeks in* 

As always I'm late to the party and missed soooo much stuff! lonely onion head

Anyway, let me do this first!

3aCh758.gif

JG ranking up in JJ, a new drama which he most probably would accept, STAR magazine, B'day party announcement and Valentines Day wish!!!! happy dancing crazy rabbit patpat dance crazy rabbit crazy monkey 209  crazy monkey 169 cheer3 onion head

On 2/13/2018 at 9:13 AM, pixelsticks said:

LJG...you are really testing me.  Going from warrior to cop to lawyer?  

Nope, you absolutely CANNOT say anything about it! crazy monkey 025 You are the one who said that you wanted to see him as a lawyer after I posted this picture, remember?

Spoiler

ulvu2b8.jpg

Apparently your Soompi Suggestion came true! We really need that Director's List again!

On 2/13/2018 at 4:21 PM, cedarwood said:

A lawyer...

Does that mean he'll wear suit?

A LOT???

Lawyer...

In a suit...

Suit...

Lee Joon Gi in a suit...

JG in a suit. JG strutting in a suit. JG strutting in a suit with his killer smirk and intense eyes. admire2 onion head And he'll argue and talk A LOT! hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615hearted-smiley.gif?1292867615 And action scenes! yesss crazy rabbit And most probably his Pretty Forehead won't be covered too! :wink:

I wonder if coffins are expensive this season. I believe I may need one.

We might get a discount if we order in bulk, don't you think? :D

Oh this is a good news! I love how LJG played in TBDAW. I believe the script writer will give our man the chance to change us into emotional pond.   Can't wait!

That's a given isn't it? There will definitely be some emotional scenes as he is becoming a lawyer to avenge his mother, right?

(Am I using too many emoticoners?)

*Blue looks at her own post* You are definitely not using more than I am. Maybe I am the one who should be asking that question.... confused onion head

On 2/13/2018 at 5:22 PM, missmaudy said:

Will this be finished by end of July? Then that’s good. He can do another one towards the end of 2018 hehehe

Oooh, I like the way you think! :D

18 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

At this point I'd have to argue<<<snerk>>> ...YES.  I frankly felt that Hyun Joon was incomplete. (Not by JG's acting, but by the script).  Lawyer/cop....if it's just a simple hotheaded character that finds his eventual way...I'm meh. Too similar.  But that said...I'm not sure if I want any loveline to BE the reason for the change. It's that I WANT to watch JG be romantic/flirty/sensual/not sappy.  Or even get rebuffed if he tries. It doesn't have to be the main focus, but I'd like this character to have some devilish charm, some interaction worthy of gifs. Some human interest interaction besides CarRide Confessionals.

I was going to highlight some words/ sentences, but then I'd have to highlight the WHOLE thing! Every single thing you said above. Hopefully there'll be more than just CarRide Confessionals.

18 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Heck, I'd love it if a female beat him in a jiujitsu match in this drama.  C'mon.  Think about the camera angles, the limbs interacting, the verbal play...it may be TOO sensual for Kdramas...  <<<but I wanna watch it...polkadot crotch pants and all!>>>  Hahahaha

I really, really like the way you think! panda 29 I don't think that a JJ match between JG and the female lead would be too sensual for Kdramas nowadays. There were some JJ scenes in Oh My Venus too.

8 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

He announce his Joon Gi Day like last year, on Valentine's day 

I'll try to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The problem, as last year, will be to get the ticket 

YAY!! Someone to represent us at his b'day party! happy dancing crazy rabbit I really hope that you'd be able to get the ticket!

49 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

I expected LOTS of reaction in here.... We got some gaze, some nekkid legs, tons of adam apple, dreamy profile

Oh I'm planning to do a parade with today's pics - so many things to gush about. admire2 onion headI'm controlling myself with so much effort now because I don't want to hide those pretty pics.

51 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

"Please look forward to next project?"  Does he mean the mag photoshoot/JG Island thing...or his drama....tricky tricky???

I thought it was about the drama because others are already done and we know the release/ broadcasting dates too. Now I'm not so sure... :huh:

53 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Back to potential co-star....  

9 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

Offer is out for the female lead to Seo Ye Ji. I don't know her at all but people say she is good.

I have only seen her in Hwarang. I liked her better than the lead female in that show.  She is 5'7" so she is a bit taller.  She was in Big Bang's Let's Not Fall in Love video.  She could handle GDragon's smolder.  Now I am ready for her to handle Bong Sang Pil's smolder. 

I haven't seen her in anything. But I hope that she would be good.

54 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

And she seems to have a great sense of humor and timing.

Ahhh... that's why she looked so familiar to me. I saw that episode and she was so hilarious! I really liked her.

Hope I'm not late to say this - Happy Valentine's Day, Angels! :wub:

Here's our cutie pie to make you laugh and fall for him deeper and deeper.... love you crazy rabbit

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bluelilac1214 said:

Nope, you absolutely CANNOT say anything about it! crazy monkey 025 You are the one who said that you wanted to see him as a lawyer after I posted this picture, remember?

Oh crap... I did??? crazy monkey 182<<<are my suggestive powers back???  Really??  진짜?? Jin-jja?? Rubs hands together....starts contemplating>>>

See just tell me to be quiet...or maybe NOT!

There will definitely be some emotional scenes

It's an LJG production.  How can there NOT be a crying scene?  

On 2/13/2018 at 6:52 AM, missmaudy said:

Will this be finished by end of July? Then that’s good. He can do another one towards the end of 2018 hehehe

Oooh, I like the way you think! :D

I meant to mention this as well!  Good thinking @missmaudy !!  

thought it was about the drama because others are already done and we know the release/ broadcasting dates too. Now I'm not so sure... :huh:

WE know about them...but we haven't seen them in full.  And the IG pics correspond to them. 

Are people being nice in Netizen land about this news?  I've been too reluctant to go snooping in comments. It makes my blood pressure rise, which is not wise...for me. 

My SMILE for the Day:

See the source imageBING's version of LJG Smiling Lawyer
  • Like 3

Very interesting news and I like the story despite the fact that it should be impossible for a gangster to become a lawyer. Even when applying for casual jobs people must present a police clearance certificate. Maybe for the sake of an interesting story they will  bend the reality somehow  :)  

However, I am a fan who is ready to start watching whatever comes next. :ph34r:

• Like 5

On 13.02.2018 at 8:02 PM, pixelsticks said:

I'm shallow....this will get me to watch!!  waiting onion head

And as you can see I'm EXTREMALLY deep and full of wisdom. Yeah. That's me! crazy-monkey-emoticon-125.gif?1292792412

Especially after CMKR, when we thought Hyun Joon was going to be a hot-head, Tom (& Jerry anyone) cat and he really wasn't. 

Maybe it was for the best?

Spoiler

Imagine LJG beinf forced to do this:

hcffyP.gif

Or this:

giphy.gif

Or even this:

tumblr_nqyv9yX1US1s2f16eo1_400.gif

Do you think there will be a romantic line at all?

I wish there was. I like LJG having the romantic moments from time to time. I mean - let's be honest. We LOVE to see him in love, dating, kissing, caring for someone. He does it so lovely on screen. 

And what the frick is up with SBS planning all these Season 2 of shows....<<<but no MLSHR>>>?

TELL ME ABOUT IT!

On 13.02.2018 at 8:39 PM, violina said:

There has to be a good balance.I am a little worried about "avenge his dear mother" bit.I wish they would somehow make a different catalyst or motivation for the character's personality.

May I? I actually love this part. It's finally NOT avenging someone's father. It's always father, did you notice? In many dramas male lead avenge their fathers as if their mothers never existed. Maybe it's my feminist side but I really like the idea of someone caring for his mother so much he can't stand her being hurt. Or maybe dying.

On 13.02.2018 at 9:48 PM, pixelsticks said:

I'm not sure if I want any loveline to BE the reason for the change. It's that I WANT to watch JG be romantic/flirty/sensual/not sappy.  payup onion head

I'm a fan of Harry Potter series therefore I know that love is the greatest magic in the world. Soooo... I don't have problem with people changing because of love. Love do change, at least a bit. If you love someone (as I heard) you're starting to care for another person that is not your family (like sister or brother). And loving someone makes you change your mind sometimes - for the goodness of that person.

So... why not? I know it was shown so many times in dramas but... but... it's love, right? 

On 13.02.2018 at 9:48 PM, pixelsticks said:

Heck, I'd love it if a female beat him in a jiujitsu match in this drama.  C'mon.  Think about the camera angles, the limbs interacting, the verbal play...it may be TOO sensual for Kdramas... woa onion head

I wouldn't be so sure about jiujitsu being to sensual for kdramas -- watch City hunter and you'll see. :D

20 hours ago, hiluna said:

I wouldn't go so far as to want an emotionless robot either, but I said cool and calm because he has very expressive eyes and micro expressions that can be used effectively.

Ahhh! Sorry then. This sounds good. :D

14 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Finally!!!!! :wub: 

I hope it means that... crazy-monkey-emoticon-131.gif?1292792413

14 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

I saw her in Last - she was nice. And she's pretty. :)

5 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:

As always I'm late to the party and missed soooo much stuff! lonely onion head

Don't worry. Parties here never end. :D

5 hours ago, bluelilac1214 said:
On 13.02.2018 at 11:51 AM, cedarwood said:

I wonder if coffins are expensive this season. I believe I may need one.

We might get a discount if we order in bulk, don't you think? :D

Maybe they have coffins for groups? And I hope they're comfortable!

See just tell me to be quiet...or maybe NOT!

Oh no! You must stay verbal!

I've been too reluctant to go snooping in comments. It makes my blood pressure rise, which is not wise...for me. 

Same here. I have long family line with heart attacks - don't want to take that risk. :tongue:

1 hour ago, idegil said:

I like the story despite the fact that it should be impossible for a gangster to become a lawyer

I doubt he'll be like Don Corleone. :wink: I've noticed that in k-dramas they like to describe as "gangster" everyone who doesn't sit quietly and does as (s)he's told. So... if you defend yourself against someone who attacks you - you are a gangster because you can do it instead of standing like an idiot and waiting forever for Batman or someone else who's going to save you. Soooo... I think he may be more like a guy who had problems in his youth (like being arrested for fighting in a bar - stuff like that) and maybe he never respected the law then something happened (something with his mother?) he couldn't help his usual ways so he had to become a lawyer to finish the case. He may not like the law - fist is here and now and it's quick. Law sometimes works ages before you finally get what you wanted. 

1 hour ago, idegil said:

Even when applying for casual jobs people must present a police clearance certificate. Maybe for the sake of an interesting story they will  bend the reality somehow  :)  

No matter how much we love k-dramas - they're not reality. This is only a tv-show which must be so well done we forget what's possible and what is not. I hope this will be one of those shows. :D

Btw - welcome @idegil!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii everyone! I feel like it's been ages I've been here.  I've been busy and kinda in a kdrama slump to the point I went back to watching General Hospital (American soap opera for those who might not know) and man, that show is still the worst lmao

Anyway, I'm so excited for the possible casting news. I was on twitter when I saw the casting news retweeted on my timeline and I literally squeeeed. lol  I honestly have no doubt in my mind he will take it especially since Namoo didn't use the usual "Nothing is decided yet and among the many offers he's reviewing it" They just went straight to  he's reviewing and considering it positively.  The other thing is the TBDAW PD being attached to it.  No way they won't have a reunion.  TBDAW was the drama that introduced me to LJG then that's why I watched Arang as it was airing back then I told myself that I need to stick to this guy lol The writer has hits under his belt. I still need to watch the Attorney and Confidential Assignment (it was in my plan since last year) I watched Remember though.  I know it was the first drama he wrote.  It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either. I just need him to not get a theatrical villain again.  Not all villains need to be so over the top.  That's my issue with Korean dramas.  Less is more. This is the best PD/writer combo he could get so I am cautiously optimistic. As for the female lead, first of all, I am so glad it's not a freakin idol who can't act (Lord knows some of them are being shoved down our throat when they can't act to save a life. I will say no names lol) I know not all of them are bad, but I worry more about who is going to be cast with than storyline so far because people will focus on hating her instead of following the show. I haven't watched Save Me nor planning to since it's not my cup of tea, but people said that Seo Ye Ji vastly improved in there and that drama was pretty heavy stuffs.  I rather judge by myself on her improvement though.  I first saw her in Night Watchmen which was awful but she was basically the best out the 4 leads which does not say much but she was green and was at least charismatic. Unfortunately the other drama I saw her in was Moorim School which killed her charisma and that show was even worse for everyone involved.  So i'll have to trust the people who said that she improved.  Though one of the thing I would look forward if they both sign in besides chemistry is their deep voices. Like oh my gosh! lol She sounds like Soo Ae so that will be the closest I get of a Soo Ae/Joon gi drama. 

giphy.gif

• Like 5

I liked Seo Ye Ji in Hwrang where she showed a tough and cool character which I think would suit a lawyer.  I think they could be a good pairing for a clash and spark type of relationship (Tom and Jerry?) which didn't quite carry through in Criminal Minds with Moon Chae Won (it sort of fizzled).

• Like 5

tvN courts Lee Joon-ki to be a Lawless Lawyer

11779_600.jpg?w=600

Date: February 14, 2018  Author: busyahjussi

Lee Joon-ki (Criminal Minds) back on my tv screen? That’s definitely something I won’t complain about. Cable network tvN has offered Lee Jun-ki to play the lead role in upcoming revenge drama Lawless Lawyer.

If Lee oon-ki signs on, he’ll play Bong Sang-pil, a “gangster lawyer” who doesn’t trust the law and feels free to use his fists. He exploits the loopholes in the law to win cases. He fights against those in power driven solely by the thought of avenging his mother. Personally, I want to see him in a romantic comedy because it’s been ages since I saw him in one, but apparently, action scenes appeal to Lee Joon-ki.

Lawless Lawyer is slated to air on tvN this May following Live, which follows Hwayugi.

https://ahjummamshies.wordpress.com/2018/02/14/tvn-courts-lee-joon-ki-to-be-a-lawless-lawyer/

• Like 4

Hi guys, first of all Happy Belated Valentine's Day!!! JG gave us the best present, the most beautiful/smoldering pictures ever (who talked about coffins? @cedarwood @bluelilac1214 count me in!)

it's raining goodies, isn´t it? as i said i couldn´t sleep... i was so excited about the drama news, and then JG's day!!!! i so want to go! but i don´t know if i can, he keeps messing with my life/heart

i've never watched SYJ in anything, but if he confirms (i think his comment about his next project is about the drama, it must be) and if she confirms, i hope they will have great chemistry and she will be the co-star he deserves. I need good roles, good script, good ratings... everything that is good for his next drama

@pixelsticks if the power of soompi suggestion is already working (as @bluelilac1214 hints) we really need to start our list asap!

In the midst of all these news,  I will talk about his old dramas. Or must I say old kisses? (and I'm crossing fingers because I want to see a love line and lot of kisses in his new drama,  even if it's not a romcom, remember TBDW had steamy kisses)  First Joseon Gunman. I ended it last week and I  still can't get out of my head their last kiss.  So hot.  Best way to forget the pain of being shot:

Now I'm slowly watching Scholar...  And i started counting kisses!!!  If steamy CPR counts as a kiss we have 3 kisses in episode 3:

tumblr_nrm8zcxYWF1r1ivpuo1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_nrm8zcxYWF1r1ivpuo3_r1_400.gif

tumblr_nrm8zcxYWF1r1ivpuo4_r1_400.gif

9d942861226e984354af8721e5ae8dbb.gif

All gifs credit to uploaders

Edited by antoniaclamens
  • Like 6