Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 hours ago, luvkstyle said:

Well I guess my question was answered - he's home :)  Poor Joon Gi he does look exhausted.  As for the coat - I think it looks too big on him - it doesn't look so bad in @Silvermaine picture but he looks like he is swimming in it.  Well he only has 2 days to catch up on sleep and get ready for Singapore FM - I guess he's got it all figured out though :tongue:

This is what I imagine ~*coolkidz* wear when they're out skateboarding with their ~*krew*~ of other coolkidz. :D 

51 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

Spring/Summer Collection? More like a Winter design. That Jacket is what exactly I need for outdoor at peak of winter. But $2K? Wow!

Well S/S usually means it's shown on the runway in winter, right? I haven't been following fashion shows in a very long time haha. But yeah it seems like a jacket that can withstand gusts of wind. 

Anyway, 5 days 'til SG FM!

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Silvermaine said:

Well S/S usually means it's shown on the runway in winter, right? I haven't been following fashion shows in a very long time haha. But yeah it seems like a jacket that can withstand gusts of wind. 

I am not into fashion as well but that Jacket looks comfortable for ourdoor. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, missmaudy said:

Have they realised that they are one of the reasons why the drama was a failure? I noticed that in Korea knets comments have an impact on the outcome of anything. If they are really a good fan, they shouldn't really say those negative comments esp. if they can't say it objectively. They can't really say that a drama is good or bad if they have not watched it yet much less not even produced yet.

I have watched SWWTN, it's not exactly my favourite but LJG did really well in this drama. I could understand why he decided to do it. At least it did perform better than the Assembly. I can't compare it with YongPal I decided not to watch it as I was put off by Joo Won's performance in Good Doctor. I don't think people with Savant Sydrome would act like that esp for an adult.

Was SWWTN a live shoot drama because it seemed like it? The drama was actually good but it looked like they didn't have time to polish it or even shoot enough footage. That's just my perception comparing it with pre-produced dramas esp. Moon Lovers.

For Moon Lovers, I think International viewers saved that drama from disaster. For me, it's the kdrama I've seen and Wang So was the best portrayed so far. Just my two cents, I understand other have different opinions.

Yes SWWTN was live shot, like all of his dramas except Moon Lovers. They even got interrupted in the beginning of the shooting because LJG and LYB got injured. JG broke his nose and LYB hurt her back. So it delayed shooting of their scenes for a week (JG) or two (LYB). I also think they ran out of time quickly.

And indeed, ML got saved by the international love it received. Not every flop in Korea get that much attention abroad. 

And spoiler tag, about Joo Won and Yong Pal

Spoiler

I've never watched any of his work, but from what I read, Joo Won is a good actor. I don't really want to watch Yongpal either though, even if I like Kim Tae Hee as well. Apparently it's not that great of a drama, storywise. The work of Joo Won I want to check out is Gaksital. This one earned good reviews. Arang and the Magistrate was its competitor for the end of its run ^^ And followed by Nice Guy. Ouch, tough competition ^^ 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, leesopark16 said:

Yes SWWTN was live shot, like all of his dramas except Moon Lovers. They even got interrupted in the beginning of the shooting because LJG and LYB got injured. JG broke his nose and LYB hurt her back. So it delayed shooting of their scenes for a week (JG) or two (LYB). I also think they ran out of time quickly.

And indeed, ML got saved by the international love it received. Not every flop in Korea get that much attention abroad. 

And spoiler tag, about Joo Won and Yong Pal

Reveal hidden contents

I've never watched any of his work, but from what I read, Joo Won is a good actor. I don't really want to watch Yongpal either though, even if I like Kim Tae Hee as well. Apparently it's not that great of a drama, storywise. The work of Joo Won I want to check out is Gaksital. This one earned good reviews. Arang and the Magistrate was its competitor for the end of its run ^^ And followed by Nice Guy. Ouch, tough competition ^^ 

I thought so for SWWTN.

I wouldn't really say Moon Lovers was a flop in Korea otherwise there were only few dramas in 2016 that became successful.

Re. Arang and Sato, That one actually picked at 20.5%. That's not too bad.

Spoiler

Faith was a success rating wise. But it was a big time flop commercially. It has a sad story behind it.

It just come to mind. Kim Hanuel won Top Excellence Award at KBS even her drama 'On the Way to the Airport' rated lower than Moon Lovers.

I have not watched Bridal Mask either. I tried for few episodes but I don't know why I didn't finish it. With Nice Guy, I don't know why that's well rated. It's a typical makjang drama. It's been done many times already. I finished this one but the fast forward button was overused.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, missmaudy said:

I thought so for SWWTN.

I wouldn't really say Moon Lovers was a flop in Korea otherwise there were only few dramas in 2016 that became successful.

Re. Arang and Sato, That one actually picked at 20.5%. That's not too bad.

Reveal hidden contents

Faith was a success rating wise. But it was a big time flop commercially. It has a sad story behind it.

It just come to mind. Kim Hanuel won Top Excellence Award at KBS even her drama 'On the Way to the Airport' rated lower than Moon Lovers.

I have not watched Bridal Mask either. I tried for few episodes but I don't know why I didn't finish it. With Nice Guy, I don't know why that's well rated. It's a typical makjang drama. It's been done many times already. I finished this one but the fast forward button was overused.

Well it was a flop if we just consider the ratings - except for the last 4 eps when MDBC ended - and the huge gap between it and that drama. But yes there was a lot of buzz around it, even in Korea. 

And there are less and less successful drama in Korea now. There's a rebound since last year but a true success is when ratings goes over 20% (except for cable dramas, the bar is about 3-5%, excluding weekend dramas). Which does not happen very often nowadays.

The numbers were much higher a few years ago. Indeed Arang didn't do bad, but it wasn't first in its timeslot, that's what matters. And I think you're talking about the TnMS ratings ? We have to look at the AGB ones, those are the ones counting and reported in the medias.

Spoiler

That must be because there wasn't tough competition on KBS this year or if they created dozen categories like SBS ^^
Ah ah Korea also love their makjang :tongue: 

• Like 7

7 DREAMIEST BOYFRIENDS IN K-DRAMA HISTORY

6. Lee Joon Gi (Scarlet Heart)

taHsLTx.png

We fell in love with Wang So (Lee Joon Gi) from the moment he saved Hae Soo (IU) from Princess Yeon Hwa's (Kang Han Na) whipping on Scarlet heart. Really, what more can you ask for a partner? His undying devotion to Soo is undeniably his most commendable quality and a must on our boyfriend checklist. The fact that he's absolutely gorgeous is also an added bonus.

Source

• Like 16

1 hour ago, leesopark16 said:

Well it was a flop if we just consider the ratings - except for the last 4 eps when MDBC ended - and the huge gap between it and that drama. But yes there was a lot of buzz around it, even in Korea. 

And there are less and less successful drama in Korea now. There's a rebound since last year but a true success is when ratings goes over 20% (except for cable dramas, the bar is about 3-5%, excluding weekend dramas). Which does not happen very often nowadays.

The numbers were much higher a few years ago. Indeed Arang didn't do bad, but it wasn't first in its timeslot, that's what matters. And I think you're talking about the TnMS ratings ? We have to look at the AGB ones, those are the ones counting and reported in the medias.

Reveal hidden contents

That must be because there wasn't tough competition on KBS this year or if they created dozen categories like SBS ^^
Ah ah Korea also love their makjang :tongue: 

Spoiler

It's not that drama is becoming less and less successful. The sad truth is, TV viewing is dying. I seldom watch TV on actual broadcast. I usually watched on record but with the birth of streaming, who still record TV programs these days? I know there are still group of traditional viewers who watch on actual broadcast but that's disappearing. It's just a matter of time that it will completely phased out. It would be like NOkia phones someday.

With rating diff between TNMS & AGB, it just a proof that the traditional rating index is not reliable.

Anyhow I love Lee Joon Gi. Thanks to Moon Lovers :)

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 12

9 hours ago, violina said:

He is back in seoul from Italy The jacket though:o

That's a jacket? I thought he's wearing a tent. :huh:

And no mask. He usually wear one, am I right?

He looks awfully tired - pale and sleepy. Go to bed, Joon Gi, get some rest!!!

2 hours ago, Silvermaine said:

We fell in love with Wang So (Lee Joon Gi) from the moment he saved Hae Soo (IU) from Princess Yeon Hwa's (Kang Han Na) whipping on Scarlet heart.

Naaah actually I was in love with the character the same second I saw him - riding a horse, dressed in black, sun eclipse behind his back... RAWRRRR!!! :love:

• Like 18

7 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Have they realised that they are one of the reasons why the drama was a failure? I noticed that in Korea knets comments have an impact on the outcome of anything. If they are really a good fan, they shouldn't really say those negative comments esp. if they can't say it objectively. They can't really say that a drama is good or bad if they have not watched it yet much less not even produced yet.

I have watched SWWTN, it's not exactly my favourite but LJG did really well in this drama. I could understand why he decided to do it. At least it did perform better than the Assembly. I can't compare it with YongPal I decided not to watch it as I was put off by Joo Won's performance in Good Doctor. I don't think people with Savant Sydrome would act like that esp for an adult.

Was SWWTN a live shoot drama because it seemed like it? The drama was actually good but it looked like they didn't have time to polish it or even shoot enough footage. That's just my perception comparing it with pre-produced dramas esp. Moon Lovers.

For Moon Lovers, I think International viewers saved that drama from disaster. For me, it's the best kdrama I've seen and Wang So was the best portrayed so far. Just my two cents, I understand other have different opinions.

i totally agree with your post except that i just LOVED SWWTN. Didn't expect it to be what it became!

1 hour ago, cedarwood said:

Naaah actually I was in love with the character the same second I saw him - riding a horse, dressed in black, sun eclipse behind his back... RAWRRRR!!! :love:

same here!

• Like 13

On 26/02/2017 at 10:24 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Far be it from me to decry catering to the consumer, I would argue however, that people don't always know what it is that they want until they see it

This.My thoughts exactly.

10 hours ago, missmaudy said:

If they are really a good fan, they shouldn't really say those negative comments esp. if they can't say it objectively. They can't really say that a drama is good or bad if they have not watched it yet much less not even produced yet.

And this too. wholeheartedly agree.

Please allow me to rant a little bit.This is NOT aimed at anyone who has given their opinion on this thread regarding criminal minds.I agree with whatever has been said so far, I think we are all in the boat on this matter.Its just me babbling on about nothing:).I really need to get this off my chest. Ok I begin, This ratings talk and knetz always drive me bananas and induces massive eye rolling whenever any casting news comes up for the following reasons:

1.As someone said earlier the traditional ratings index is so unreliable and also in a country so advanced with technology and internet, more and more people are streaming online more than watching actual TV broadcast. I heard, correct me if I am wrong, but they only survey 2000 households across the country. Now tell me in a country of about 50 million people, how can we trust such a system to produce accurate or at least reliable results.

2.Ok lets accept that as it is Korea's main yardstick for measuring k-drama success is ratings.What these "fans" are ignoring is the fact that about 98% of the time, what will bring in high ratings and even awards is beyond the actor's control.External factors such as internal politics, size of fandom can prevent or enable an actor to receive an award as we have seen in recent years. Ok so most remakes are not doing well on the domestic scene,some original scripts havent done so well either with the usual elements(fluffy romance, comedy, easy to follow plot etc) see for example "Oh my Venus"(had single digit rating all the way) and "Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-Joo".Also its not easy to get a project with perfect scriptwriter/script, perfect director/editor, perfect all stellar actors, perfect everything even if the actor is A-list.What the actors have in their control is their acting..there is no excuse for poor acting.

3.I think there are three main motivations for an actor working in a project and what would enable them in my opinion to be at their best.All of them are taken into account but one plays a main priority.Some choose the project because they like the writer(Song Joong Ki for DOTS and Lee Jong Suk for well at least three of his dramas).Some because they have worked well with the director(Jo In Sung="Its ok thats love" and "the winter that blows").Finally, the script/character. (Joon Gi seems to fit here) if you read or watch his interviews, he will usually say I chose this because for example I could relate to Wang So's pain,loneliness etc or I chose Arang because the script appealed to me..etc etc.

Spoiler

So forcing an actor to deny a project(if it appeals to him) because writernim is newbie without even giving them a chance to showcase their talent is not the right way to go.we have seen even fairly good/experienced writers producing less than desirable work.e.g "heirs"(Kim Eun Sook),"Legends of the Blue Sea" (Park Ji-Eun) "Big" (Hong Sisters) I am still traumatized to date.

So these "fans" really need to let it go and relax.I am rooting for Joon Gi's continued success in everything but these fans need to calm down and let the actor do his job.:D I would encourage him to continue to follow where his heart leads him to.The desire for high ratings and awards has not and should not overshadow his passion for acting.I believe the true reason behind LJGs longevity in the industry is because he has not lost sight of the reason he became an actor.High ratings and awards are good, but they are by-products.

• Like 19

On 2/27/2017 at 9:57 AM, cedarwood said:

hahahaha! same here. I didnt know it was Lee Jun Ki. What I saw this guy wearing a mask riding the horse with sun eclipse at the back ground, I am sold!! 

• Like 8

Re the airport jacket - is it possible that Joon Gi gets approached by designers of certain products to wear these products on certain occasions ie, clothing, jewelry, watches etc??  I'm not sure how it all works but I feel that it would be a possibility not just for him but other high profile actors, singers??

• Like 9

2 hours ago, luvkstyle said:

Re the airport jacket - is it possible that Joon Gi gets approached by designers of certain products to wear these products on certain occasions ie, clothing, jewelry, watches etc??  I'm not sure how it all works but I feel that it would be a possibility not just for him but other high profile actors, singers??

Yes, Joon Gi on certain occasions wears designers products that later they promote using his photos and his name. Many korean actors and singers do it, in fact about 2 or 3 years ago I have seen a same costume being worn by Joon Gi, Lee Min Ho and Jaejoong. Here are some examples from last year where designers promote their brand through Joon Gi.

Spoiler

Spoiler

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona

La imagen puede contener: 3 personas, personas de pie, calzado y lentes de sol

La imagen puede contener: una o varias personas

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, lentes de sol y texto

La imagen puede contener: 2 personas, personas de pie y calzado

La imagen puede contener: una o varias personas y texto

• Like 14

On 2/24/2017 at 5:39 PM, willenette said:

Hi aimwanie, I like it, too. And I do agree with you - this cable channel is promising & LJK has not worked under tvN yet. :lol:.

yup and im dying to see him working with tvN. like seriously. 

On 2/24/2017 at 8:44 PM, junejungki said:

He knows he is hot!! He said that with full of confidence. Love that trait. hahahaha!!

hahahaha IKR!!!! i was laughing and choking when i saw that video. this man.. he is seriously full with confident.

On 2/24/2017 at 10:08 PM, pixelsticks said:

Hahaha yes....he NEEDS to get revenge on Jae Suk!  

he will soon.. lets keep the faith!!!! hahahahahhaa.. till the day come.. jae suk oppa need to prepare well~~~

On 2/25/2017 at 2:52 AM, violina said:

44. He is such a fantastic model.his photo shoots are always interesting to watch if filmed and his pictorials are so fabulous to fangirl over.If I was a casting agent for a model agency or a client looking for an unconventional model.I would definitely pick him.if you put his headshots along hundreds of headshots of equally beautiful and talented actors and models..his look alone stands out..its so unique.No wonder he is the original flowerboy.Oh and bonus points for no plastic surgery or botox

i like the fact he didnt touch his face. the reason why im proudly tell the world im his fans~~~~ 

On 2/26/2017 at 3:49 AM, lisethvr said:

Pics from 2016 Hawaii Photobook

credit to the logo as tagged 

the very last picccc.... kyaaaaa.. why sooo cuteeeeee!!

On 2/26/2017 at 4:47 AM, cedarwood said:

I'm looking at his legs and can't stop doing it. Am I the only one who appreciates his legs? :blush:

u are not alone chinguu~~~~ im loving it as well!!!!

On 2/26/2017 at 2:40 PM, missmaudy said:

What sad is, 99% of innocent comments are from his fans. His fans are actually the ones putting him down which is sad.

well.. its not really 'his fans' that putting him down.. some are just trying to be a good judges by telling him whats good and whats not like they are the one reading the script. are they really his fans? are they really enjoying the drama and look at the contents? all his drama was full of messages and thats what i like about him. he didnt just roughly pick any project, he did read and consider. thats him. if he thinks thats the best.. then we as his angel, support him. he needs encouraging words. he read all his fans comments thoo.. 

On 2/27/2017 at 7:25 AM, lisethvr said:

More pics from  2016 Hawaii Photobook 

Credit to the logo as tagged 

that pineapple on his shirt.. can i be that pineapple? hahahhaahhaha

On 2/28/2017 at 1:57 AM, cedarwood said:

ahhahahahahaha.. hoyeahhh~~~ the very fist moment he come out, im screaming and fall in love again and again!!! not to mention his first appearance was... his eyes!!! dying~~~~

thank youuuu @Silvermaine for the elle's interview translation!!! me love u much~~

• Like 9

@lisethvr Wow thank you ...so many...I didn't realise.  I just thought they were his own clothes, etc which he had purchased because he liked them.  Although I guess he wouldn't be promoting items he didn't like and I guess also that they pay him for it ??

• Like 10