Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

16 hours ago, hiluna said:

Welcome ! Never too old to fangirl to your heart's content. That is what I say too myself :sweatingbullets:

Thank you! I guess you're right.... :phew:

4 hours ago, ziggy123 said:

I can't believe people think Lee Joongi has the acting but not the appearance or age to play habaek in bride of the water God. I mean he just acted out the most phenomenal kdrama character like ever who is supposed to be 18 how can he not pull off habaek who is supposed to be in his early 20s when that's how old he looks. I think his appearance perfectly matches habaek with his otherworldly beauty and screen presence. He is also very manly and has a lot of charisma. I don't think people will compare bride of the water God to goblin if joongi acts as habaek since the way he acts out characters is always on another level from other k-actors. Really want him to play this role since he will go from being a king to a god.

LJG look much younger for his age yet have that manly aura that many in his age range doesn't. Just as he can play a playful yet mature character. Qualities that very few have.

I do not know anything about this new drama but i hope LJG choose wisely. It will be hard to top a character like Wangsoo. Therefore I hope he'll go with a drama that's totally different then MLSHR for a while.  

• Like 14

Joon Gi looks young for his age and I agree that if he wants to, he can still play a high schooler. BUT..I am still a bit iffy about Bride of the Water God. I think no matter what, the comparisons to Goblin would still be there and I read the plot and it's too complicated.

I am still waiting for Jin Soo Wan's next drama. They did say the synopsis/script will be finished by January right? I really like Jin Soo Wan's writing because her male leads are always interesting and multi dimensional characters..so yeah still waiting if it's a project that can fit with Joon Gi because his next project will be something that a lot of people are waiting for especially after Wang So. Maybe he's a bit pressured to top that but I am confident he will choose the right project in this time time of his career as many have called it his resurgence. :):wub:

Anyhow, can anyone help me translate in English Park Shin Hye's message for Joon Gi during his radio program/time in the military?? Posting the link again: 

I am so sorry if I am posting it here because there's no shipper thread for them and I don't really post in PSH thread. Just PSH message will do no need to translate the rest. Her message starts at 7:57. Thank you so much. Really want to know what she said. :)

• Like 9

5 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

15 years ago would be since 2002, since before K&C. He wasn't doing much yet but wow he still had a fanclub xD The fans were right to follow him ; ).

Found LJG message on IG for Hajunse's 15th  year anniversary. Apprently, they were set up early 2002. 

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 9

23 minutes ago, girlyponytail said:

Wowwq so many news to catch up since yesterday.

Welcoming @Maral

I love your pics as always @MAROSA_JIN thank you.

@lisethvr i can't open BTS SWWTN because weibo keep asking me to log in hiks hiks

I am surprised that Joon Gi had fan club already since 2002. It's been 15 years! Daebak! *clap*clap*clap

I just wondering why PSH sent message to Joon Gi during his radio show, is she his fan girl? LoL

Btw i just finished watching SBS drama award english sub on kshowonline. Joon gi is so much fun to watch. He is so well mannered, he bowed to Kim Sung Ryung (his adopted mother on Iljimae) on stage, and during the new year celebration, he went to RD table, DC table, LOTBS table, OGS table, happily greeting his senior and junior actors although his chair..... imho is the most far far far away chair of that seating arrangement, and after back to his chair he's playing with confetti! Hahaha

And his speech... He can be funny during best couple award speech, diplomatic to his senior during top 10 drama star award speech, yet humble and thoughtful during hallyu award speech. And best of the best is his english speech to us! #proudfans

Sometimes you amazed me guys with your analysis regarding all potential script / drama for Joon Gi *clap *clap *clap I love reading all your analysis, hopefully Joon Gi find what best for him! 

I keep repeating the video his speech in English. He sound sexy when he speak English. :love::love:

• Like 8

8 hours ago, missmaudy said:

@Silvermaine I am curious about Hajunse too. That fan club has existed from  K&C. I watched LJG 15year old fan meeting video and he mentioned that fan club. I admire their dedication. 

Wish to highlight JG's career timeline for his fans cos as far as I know, JG's 1st fan meeting was held in 2006 and that would be 10 years ago.  Besides, JG's debut in acting was in 2003.  It's more believable if Hajunse began in 2004 as by then, he already acted in 2 mini dramas and 2 movies.  But then he only became popular when TK&TC and My Girl broadcasted in 2005.  I know about this as he asked Lee Da Hae to watch TK&TC movie airing whilst they were shooting My Girl.  Hope now you have a clearer picture. :)

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, dejun said:

Wish to highlight JG's career timeline for his fans cos as far as I know, JG's 1st fan meeting was held in 2006 and that would be 10 years ago.  Besides, JG's debut in acting was in 2003.  It's more believable if Hajunse began in 2004 as by then, he already acted in 2 mini dramas and 2 movies.  But then he only became popular when TK&TC and My Girl broadcasted in 2005.  I know about this as he asked Lee Da Hae to watch TK&TC movie airing whilst they were shooting My Girl.  Hope now you have a clearer picture. :)

LJG debuted in 2001. And it's a fact Hajunse has celebrated its 15th anniversary as per the IG post where LJG sent out his message. 

But you right, that Fan meeting video could have been from around 2006.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 11

14 hours ago, chrissydiva said:

Lol why are they trying to pit So against Baek Ah? Killing the bromance. Honestly, I lost interest in that drama now since I read some snippets of the story. What's with being a young boy at daytime? Kdramas are already obsessed with age gap these days with teens being paired with adults and they seem to cast young for this. As much as I shipped SoHae, I do need JG with an actress a little closer to his age now. Moon Chae Won, I was gonna say Han Hyo Joo but she let me down on W no matter how gorgeous she is lol, or actually my Son Ye Jin.  She's been camping in movies for awhile now. 

I agree with you. After knowing a bit more about the story I kind of changed my mind about LJG in it. He would do a great job but the character may be too close to being like Wang So and I also don't like this boy by day adult by night. Would it mean 2 actors playing the boy and adult? it would take away from LJG's screen time if that is the case. I want him to do "Kingdom" sageuk thriller, I loved Signal and I think so did he (at least he mentioned watching it), and because it may not get filmed until later in the year, I hope he will take on a modern action drama earlier in the year. It would be fantastic if we get to see him twice this year. :wub:

• Like 14

9 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I think the production maybe looking for less established actor. I think there's better character for LJG. That drama sounds like a female-centric which is not a very LJG drama.

@Silvermaine I am curious about Hajunse too. That fan club has existed from  K&C. I watched LJG 15year old fan meeting video and he mentioned that fan club. I admire their dedication. 

I follow their facebook because they seem to have more updates on what is going on than other JG fan facebooks.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, jgismyking said:

Anyhow, can anyone help me translate in English Park Shin Hye's message for Joon Gi during his radio program/time in the military?? Posting the link again: 

I am so sorry if I am posting it here because there's no shipper thread for them and I don't really post in PSH thread. Just PSH message will do no need to translate the rest. Her message starts at 7:57. Thank you so much. Really want to know what she said. :)

From what I understand, she addresses the listeners of the radio program, so the soldiers. Talking about the weather, being healthy etc...
About JG, she congratulates him on being the new DJ, saying he has a cool voice and some things about telling good stories/sending messages (?) I think through the radio program. Also that her oppa (brother I guess ?) is at the army now, and she hopes LJG's voice/DJ-ing can give him strenght. 

From the message, I don't think they know each other personally. The army might have requested her to say something since she is popular and loved, or she wanted for her brother. But maybe I'm wrong and they do know each other ^^ 

New video by Namoo Actors. He had those photoshoots forever ago so I don't know why they are releasing that now, but it's always a pleasure ~ ^^ 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, pixelsticks said:

Running in to share my fave image of the day....

This is a very aware man. :blush:  His confidence in his image is commendable!  The subtle yet impactful mannerisms.  He is a master.  

I love this moment a lot. (at first, I thought it was from one of my gifsets but I guess too many of us LJG fans just had to gif this, hahaha.)

• Like 10

17 hours ago, yumezu said:

Yes I agree with you. Even without subs we can sense the tension, mostly with General Park lol. We get it he was just trying to be funny but ended up sounding rude instead. it wasn't his intention I know*. Yes he did flowed with Joongi-Goryeo jokes, but somehow his tone of responding was to me hostile. Not friendly or even sound funny. It's basically affect how you're heard. In this case, I wasn't impressed with this MC.

Then again, he did apologized, most importantly to the people involved with his unintentional jokes. K-netz are like your nightmares. Once you stir up the netz, they won't let you off easily, it's freaking K-World, the MC should know better. I feel bad for his family, they should have not include the fam in his mess. Move on netz.

Just want to highlight on what you said the MC in regards to Joon Gi. I wouldn't say he was hostile per say. He was most definitely unprofessional and unprepared in terms of MCing for the SBS drama awards. It seems like he wasn't very familiar MLSHR or with the cast or even with some of the guests at the awards ceremony.

What I don't understand is why he was even MCing for SBS. He clearly is KBS biased (being on Return of Superman and another variety show and he's probably watched DOTS and MDBC, the popular kbs dramas this year). They shouldn't have had him hosting for the awards for this network. They should've used someone who was associated with sbs last year, like they did with the other hosts this time. Him hosting the sbs awards was clearly not a good idea....he ruined the awards, but it was balanced by the wonderful MLSHR cast <3

• Like 11

My hopes for JG oppa is an amazing Korean movie and/or a hit K-drama (either during spring or december time like when many big dramas have aired). I want Lee Joon Gi to keep going with the momentum and really get his big hit drama, hopefully surpassing Goblin and DOTS. If only he could happen to make it big in a similar fashion to Gong Yoo (getting attention with a movie and then BAM, one of the biggest dramas of 2016). Lee Joon Gi has an extensive range of acting skills and more that should be put to use and be better recognized by Korea and the world. I hope with MLSHR can help push him onto REALLY becoming one of the top actors. Please let 2017 be his year!!

• Like 24

7 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

From what I understand, she addresses the listeners of the radio program, so the soldiers. Talking about the weather, being healthy etc...
About JG, she congratulates him on being the new DJ, saying he has a cool voice and some things about telling good stories/sending messages (?) I think through the radio program. Also that her oppa (brother I guess ?) is at the army now, and she hopes LJG's voice/DJ-ing can give him strenght. 

From the message, I don't think they know each other personally. The army might have requested her to say something since she is popular and loved, or she wanted for her brother. But maybe I'm wrong and they do know each other ^^ 

New video by Namoo Actors. He had those photoshoots forever ago so I don't know why they are releasing that now, but it's always a pleasure ~ ^^ 

Thank you so much for the translation. You're awesome! Yeah it seems they don't really know each other personally. If that was the case, PSH is so nice to have sent JG such a beautiful message. Thanks again for translating!! Kamsamida! (Hope I got that right!hahaha)

• Like 12

@ldwon4  Courtesy of Soompi - it seems this is his 4th year hosting SBS Drama Awards.

Lee Hwi Jae Apologizes For His Comments To Actors During The 2016 SBS Drama Awards

lee hwi jae sung dong il

Lee Hwi Jae has apologized for his comments to actor Sung Dong Il and others during the 2016 SBS Drama Awards.

Lee Hwi Jae, for whom this was his fourth year hosting the SBS Drama Awards, made a public apology on his Instagram.

He said, “Hello, this is Lee Hwi Jae. I’m not sure how to start.. First, everything is my fault, and there are no excuses. I’m very very sorry. I’ve already apologized to Sung Dong Il.”

Lee Hwi Jae also mentioned IU and Jo Jung Suk in his apology; during the award ceremony, he had said to IU and Lee Joon Gi, who had played a couple in “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo,” “There’s something suspicious in the air,” and during the end of Jo Jung Suk’s acceptance speech for the top excellence award, he interrupted the actor and pointedly cleared his throat several times, hinting that Jo Jung Suk should say something to his girlfriend, Gummy.

Lee Hwi Jae said in his apology, “To IU, Jo Jung Suk, and any actors or viewers who may have felt discomfort at what I said, I sincerely apologize. I apologize for everything that happened as a result of my own ambition [to do better]. In the future, I promise to be careful and work harder toward solid hosting. Once again, I apologize.”

Also so happy to read this from Court Lady Oh :)  I agree with her  "IU is very sincere and full of spirit."

Woo Hee Jin Compliments “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” Co-Star IU On Her Passion And Dedication

Woo Hee Jin IU

On January 4’s episode of the talk show “Taxi,” actress Woo Hee Jin appeared on the show and praised her “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” co-star IU.

Woo Hee Jin explained, “I started my acting career earlier than her, but I was able to learn a lot from her. IU is very sincere and full of spirit. Whenever she wasn’t satisfied with her own acting, she would say, ‘One more time please.’ and do it well. When I was young, I wasn’t brave enough to say those kinds of things.”

Woo Hee Jin IU 2

She also complimented IU on things outside of acting, saying, “I was invited to her recent concert. The day that I went was the last day of the concert. It was originally supposed to last two hours, but she did it for four hours. She did everything that the fans requested.”

Watch the clip here:

Source (1)

• Like 13

15 minutes ago, luvkstyle said:

@ldwon4  Courtesy of Soompi - it seems this is his 4th year hosting SBS Drama Awards.

Lee Hwi Jae Apologizes For His Comments To Actors During The 2016 SBS Drama Awards

Lee Hwi Jae has apologized for his comments to actor Sung Dong Il and others during the 2016 SBS Drama Awards.

Lee Hwi Jae, for whom this was his fourth year hosting the SBS Drama Awards, made a public apology on his Instagram.

He said, “Hello, this is Lee Hwi Jae. I’m not sure how to start.. First, everything is my fault, and there are no excuses. I’m very very sorry. I’ve already apologized to Sung Dong Il.”

Lee Hwi Jae also mentioned IU and Jo Jung Suk in his apology; during the award ceremony, he had said to IU and Lee Joon Gi, who had played a couple in “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo,” “There’s something suspicious in the air,” and during the end of Jo Jung Suk’s acceptance speech for the top excellence award, he interrupted the actor and pointedly cleared his throat several times, hinting that Jo Jung Suk should say something to his girlfriend, Gummy.

Lee Hwi Jae said in his apology, “To IU, Jo Jung Suk, and any actors or viewers who may have felt discomfort at what I said, I sincerely apologize. I apologize for everything that happened as a result of my own ambition [to do better]. In the future, I promise to be careful and work harder toward solid hosting. Once again, I apologize.”

Wow, well I think it's finally time to stop....It looks like he's pretty comfortable at KBS and should just stay there...

• Like 9