Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Google Translate :''Today, my brother and my Thai friends went to Korea.I met Jun at the restaurant happy, my sister told me that Jun is very kind. Talk with your intentions to listen to the photo with a handshake around. Thanks and thank you''

(Facebook: JG Thai Family)

• Like 4

16 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

(Facebook: JG Thai Family)

His face looks OK(I mean he looks happy and he has no wound) but the body...a bit too skinny. I hope he will gain weight soon:heart:

I find him skinny too compared to the people around me including myself but I think JG preferred his body like this for some reasons. I think we just need to respect what he wants. Constantly talking about his weight is no longer fun. Probably we just need to accept how he is.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I find him skinny too compared to the people around me including myself but I think JG preferred his body like this for some reasons. I think we just need to respect what he wants. Constantly talking about his weight is no longer fun. Probably we just need to accept how he is.

To express an opinion or a desire doesn't mean disrespect or that I/we want to impose something to someone.

I believe for an actor it is very important to know what the audience and fans are thinking not only about his acting but about his appearance too

Add: @missmaudy you said: ''Constantly talking about his weight is no longer fun.'' Constantly !!!???

I let you know, my 2 comments posted before(''He'd better eat more because he is too skinny''....'' he looks happy and he has no wound but the body...a bit too skinny. I hope he will gain weight soon'') are the only comments of mine about this subject since July 25 (my first day on this forum as an active member). You can verify it.

So, what ''constantly'' are you talking about ? 

3 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

To express an opinion or a desire doesn't mean disrespect or that I/we want to impose something to someone.

I believe for an actor it is very important to know what the audience and fans are thinking not only about his acting but about his appearance too

Add: @missmaudy you said: ''Constantly talking about his weight is no longer fun.'' Constantly !!!???

I let you know, my 2 comments posted before(''He'd better eat more because he is too skinny''....'' he looks happy and he has no wound but the body...a bit too skinny. I hope he will gain weight soon'') are the only comments of mine about this subject since July 25 (my first day on this forum as an active member). You can verify it.

So, what ''constantly'' are you talking about ? 

My post was not directed at you alone. I was talking about it in general. If you look back many months in this thread, there’s consistent mention about his weight. JG has already addressed the weight issue in his vlive broadcast after the conclusion of Lawless Lawyer last month. I think after that vlive broadcast, fans should stop mentioning about his weight as a respect to him. Btw, when I say as “a respect to him” I didn’t literaly mean you are disrespectful towards him.

22 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

His face looks OK(I mean he looks happy and he has no wound) but the body...a bit too skinny. I hope he will gain weight soon:heart:

3 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

He addressed the weight issue on his vlive(1 July 2018) after lawless lawyer aired the last episode. He also touched on it on kakao talk before the LL drama premiere(12 May 2018).

The summary and soompi opinions following what was said in the vlive:

@willenette
He looks thin on the screen so, I hope he uses this time to take care of himself more.  Well, we know that real actors gain and lose weight for the character they are portraying. I hope it's like that for him. 

@girlponytail

Vlive Q&A session when the english subtitle appeared.
Fan               : please gain more weight!
JG                 : I'm trying... I'am really trying!
Another Fan: please don't gain more weight!
JG                 : Then what should i do?
*LOL*

Btw, regarding his fans concern about him loosing more weight, here is his answer:

He knows many people are concerned about his weight, He really appreciates it. However, he was portraying Bong Sang Pil, a character who suffered for 18 years, that is why he looks thinner. He is not sick. He's perfectly healthy. He regularly checks his physical condition, including blood test, all the results are good... except cholesterol (fair enough, i know he's meat lover LOL but try to lower it if possible ok). He likes his current weight while shooting action scenes, because with his thinner body, he got less injured and it increase his agility(speed) when executing the moves.

@antonioclamens
Talking about his weight... the other way i was in the subway (not the restaurant but the transportation one.. lol) when it strucked me. there's a reason why ostrichs can't fly. they are fat. imagine a fatter JG flying like BSP did ... impossible.

@bluelilac
 I trust him – he knows what is best for him more than anyone else. So I completely trust his judgment, as always. All that matters is him being happy, healthy and successful in whatever he does.

The partially subbed full vlive here:

The part where he talks about his weight and health starts around the 18:00 mark

The vlive eng subbed extracts where he talks about this matter

The eng sub kakao talk clip where he acknowledges the fans' concerns about his weight(He spoke on this starting on the 1:25) :

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 8/16/2018 at 11:14 AM, phoenixheart said:

We are both in the same situation, aren't we?! I've been in my pretty coffin for over a year now:wacko::wacko:...and I don't think I will be very far from it if I DO manage to climb out.:rolleyes: But that's ok since the reason for my predicament is a perfectly acceptable one...slayage by JG's abundant sexiness!

Yes, both of us are in the same situation and I’m sure that we are not alone. ;)  Though I sound like I’m complaining when he slays us mercilessly, I definitely don’t mind being in it forever. Oppa, you can continue your slayage as long as you want to – I’m in my coffin already… hehe onion head

Hey, I see that LL OST finally arrived to you. Have you listened yet? Isn't it everything I said it was?! Definitely one of my favorites.:rolleyes: I'm still waiting on the DVD set.

Yesssss! I love it. :wub: I think one of the reasons why we like it so much is because we are emotionally attached to the drama itself. Every single OST brings me a fond memory of the drama. “Memories” reminds me of the sweet and hot love between my love Mr Bong and HJY and their bickering :w00t:; “Muvengers” reminds me of those funny and talented individuals of the LL Family and their bromance. And GJ’s crush… I can’t help but grin when I hear “Burn it up” and “Livin' in the City” and think of my badass Bong Sang Pil! 지킬께요 reminds me of what my love had to go through for 18 years… I could go on and on.

I still wish they gave us a scene where Mr Bong wears leather jackets… Perhaps in the next project?

Oh and the DVD set didn't happen as the MOQ was not met. :(

I was reminded of my favorite scene which comes from Episode 15 where Eun-oh slowly lays his head on Arang's  shoulder. Oooooh I wish that was me!

I love that scene so much! I also love his expression when he first saw her in the newly stitched dress – he was completely flustered, it was adorable. Or when he first saw her in her human form on the day of the funeral – I love all the different expressions in his face and how he gets tongue-tied. Or when he goes shoe shopping for her; he even helps her wear it – it was so beautiful and intimate. So many pretty scenes. :wub: Now I miss Satto…

@phoenixheart I’m from Sri Lanka – a tiny, mango shaped country in the Indian Ocean.

On 8/16/2018 at 12:06 PM, willenette said:

Though it’s a dark tale, there is a humorous offbeat vibe. With 20EPs, "Arang and the Magistrate" is a longer K-drama (most are 16 episodes) that takes a much slower pace. Any good show has a cast of wonderful characters and this K-drama definitely delivered, especially with two perfect leads. Oh my goodness, I love Shin Min-Ah & Lee Jun Ki here!  And the beauty of this drama? Its gorgeous & colorful costumes (I freakin’ love the magistrate attire). I also like the lovely cinematography and dazzling landscapes that give this show such a fairy tale feel. This drama is full of so much crazy fantasy fun.

YES, to everything you said. The chemistry between the leads was amazing and everything was so beautiful. And JG makes those hanboks look good – I’ve never seen anyone look that fine in them. I love the magistrate uniform too. He makes any kind of dress look good! I also like the imagery they’ve created of heaven and hell and everything in between.

On 8/16/2018 at 12:06 PM, willenette said:

I'll give a little spoiler to those who still haven't watched the drama yet. If you expect mind-blowing, life-altering, epic kind of love story here, there's none.

So true. But it is in a way life altering for our Satto, isn’t it? Their love story might not be epic, but it is so sweet and lovely and it completely changed Satto who seems indifferent to what goes around him. And as you said, it is a fun sageuk to watch.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:20 AM, violina said:

He actually showed up:wub: on weibo today:)

Just in time for the Chinese Valentine's Day! And so many Angels completed the other half of his heart with their own collages - so cute! :wub:

On 8/17/2018 at 4:14 PM, violina said:

Some lucky thai fans bumped into him recently in a Seoul restaurant:

Best fan service as always! No one can rival him in it. :wub:

Spoiler

And so glad to know that he is having a great time with his family! 

As 16th Aug is the shooting day of the Running Man episode 446 (and as always I'm late... and this time I really didn't know about it until now.. :sweatingbullets:), which made so many people fall for/ discover JG - just like our @pixelsticks . So here are some related pics/ vids

Our dazzlingly beautiful Emperor who speaks English... :P

Some bts pics and video:

Spoiler

He is just too beautiful for words! love onion head

An FMV:

I'll sing off with this tonight:

Such a happy virus! love you crazy rabbit How can anyone not fall in love with him? 

Edited by bluelilac1214
  • Like 3

Hello Angels! I've been reading the last few comments on JG's weight, and I must put in my two cents' worth ONE MORE TIME. As has been said, enough has already been written about this subject in this thread; just scroll back several pages. As has also been said, JG himself has stated that he is healthy and doing fine. He has been blessed with an athletic body build, so his physique tends toward slimness. He looks good this way, as it suits him. I think we can trust JG to make the right decisions concerning his own body. He knows what's best with his career and in his own life. He doesn't NEED our permission or approval, although he does take note of what his Angels have to say. As for me, I'll just keep looking at one very sexy man who knows just how to make his Angels happy!:wub:...'nuf said...please?!:no_mouth:

A few observations on a lighter note...BLUE, I can't help myself! You always provoke a huge grin from ear to ear!:lol: Love your thoughts, & yes, I concur. JG can keep up the sweet slayage as I am also settled in my pretty coffin.:dizzy: 

As for the OSTs and Dramas, yes I am forever "emotionally attached", as you said. They are all that good because JG can transform any role he portrays into something on a "higher plane" (CM reference intended!)

Oooooooh... you mentioned leather jackets...now there's the perfect set-up for being thoroughly mesmerized by JG!:w00t: ...deliciously sexy!:wub::heart:

Oh, and what I meant by waiting on LL DVD set, I AM waiting for it to arrive in the mail; I ordered it on ebay August 1.:rolleyes:

Another of my favorite scenes from A&M is when Satto has to do the measurements for Arang's new dress...he is so flustered! The scene has its own kind of intimacy that is completely compelling.:wub:

Sri Lanka, did you say? What a wonderful tropical country you live in! Any favorite natural scenes from your country?

And from Running Man...the King in sneakers...PERFECT!!!:D

You see BLUE? I'm following in your footsteps with a longer post!:blush: But then, there's lots to talk about concerning our JG...will never get tired of doing so!B):wub: Have a great weekend, Angels!:blush:

• Like 5

Tollgate polls! if you haven't voted already, please do visit the events section under Home > soompi info > events

based on members nominations, there are 5 polls. look for these threads within the events section here :

tollgate poll 1 - villains

tollgate poll 2 - dramas

tollgate poll 3 - side characters

tollgate poll 4 - OTP, leads

tollgate poll 5 - misc

based on nominations, the bong ha couple from lawless lawyer was nominated for OTP award #1. the OTP that made you swoon. so if you agree, cast your vote!

On 8/19/2018 at 1:12 AM, phoenixheart said:

I've been reading the last few comments on JG's weight, and I must put in my two cents' worth ONE MORE TIME. As has been said, enough has already been written about this subject in this thread; just scroll back several pages. As has also been said, JG himself has stated that he is healthy and doing fine. He has been blessed with an athletic body build, so his physique tends toward slimness. He looks good this way, as it suits him. I think we can trust JG to make the right decisions concerning his own body. He knows what's best with his career and in his own life. He doesn't NEED our permission or approval, although he does take note of what his Angels have to say. 

What about the new members ? Is this your advice...to scroll back several pages ??? Several means how many ? 2...dozen...hundreds...1976...??? Is this a rule on Soompi to verify if the subject was discussed before ? Doesn't this look like discrimination between the new members and the older ones ?

''He has been blessed with an athletic body build, so his physique tends toward slimness''.  You're basing this on what? An athletic body is based on training and diet not because we are blessed. 

It is important the way the others see us. I more appreciate a friend who tells me I need a diet than ''You are looking very good'' , trying to hide the truth...so I am sure LJG is a person who appreciates his fans' honesty . 

Thanks and have a great day !