Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

21 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

Derek Morgan? - Well he was in a complete suit in some of the episodes.

Ok...so I cheated and watched the first 2 episodes of CM Season 1 on Netflix with a super duper CM fan (he had no idea WHY I was interested in it- HA).  If they follow it exactly, Derek Morgan wears a suit in his FIRST scene...

Spoiler

in a bar flirting with females before he gets a call.  I'm leaning towards JG wearing a suit at some point. 

16 hours ago, cedarwood said:

It must be. The US version is v. long, right? How many seasons btw? 5? 6? K-drama is only 20-episodes long - no time to do exactly the same thing. :D

They are on Season 12 now.  

Season Episodes        
First aired      Last aired
  1 22 September 22, 2005           May 10, 2006
  2 23 September 20, 2006 May 15, 2007
  3 20 September 26, 2007 May 21, 2008
  4 26 September 24, 2008 May 20, 2009
  5 23 September 23, 2009 May 26, 2010
  6 24 September 22, 2010 May 18, 2011
  7 24 September 21, 2011 May 16, 2012
  8 24 September 26, 2012 May 22, 2013
  9 24 September 25, 2013 May 14, 2014
  10 23 October 1, 2014 May 6, 2015
  11 22 September 30, 2015 May 4, 2016
  12 22[34] September 28, 2016 May 10, 2017[35]

In America...we like to take a show and draw it out to death...basically.  :tongue: But then again, it's job security as well!

@bluelilac1214 Dubbing?  I am so sorry!  -_-  JG's voice is one of the highlights of his characters. 

FAVE Found Pic of the Day?

Moody Broody JG- except the super white hand ...arrgh...I may have to color balance....later....

because I am off to watch Guardians of the Galaxy! 

• Like 15

@violina I don't know anything about licensing, but wasn't Scarlet Heart listed as an exclusive to Dramafever (for a while)??  I know KissAsian had/has it as well, but maybe there is some exclusivity contract in place. Back when you asked, I did place my request with Viki for CM. I haven't watched any content on Viki as I use a Playstation 3 to watch Korean dramas on the big tv...and there is no Viki app for PS3.  I remember a rumor that Netflix would eventually get SHR, and every month I check...but nothing so far. 

And this made me laugh:

• Like 12

Hello JG Angels. I have been a nervous-wreck since yesterday's already-deleted CM pic release. And my work has suddenly turned volatile, so I won't have time to excessively Soompi. So I'm gonna be only on CM thread, until my CM-related nerves calm down. (Unless of course, JG blows my mind with something or other to make me post here.) So whichever of you also following CM thread, cya there!

And... just wanted to share:

Sigh... I really want to turn back time to that unforgettable night. And how I miss the goofy JG of those days... :bawling: 

And I found this adorable rendition of JG's filmography:

Looking at that, I can hardly believe this guy has wrecked my soul so many times, with the projects he chose to work on.

Dear JG, I love you, but I demand a refund -- a heart -- for all that you've put me through in just "Moon Lovers" and "Never Said Goodbye" alone.

Good night, Angels!

• Like 17

Hi Chingus, just chanced on a "never said goodbye clip"...so funny.JG really needs to visit Chungmuro and do a movie after Criminal Minds.Preferably just a straight up romance or even comedy. not the standard action or historical movies every young actor seem to be doing these days and definitely not melomovie.I can't afford to cry for two hours and be forever traumatised.We all know how JG can slaughter your heart when he is sad or crying right.

I don't want him to go back to Chungmuro like mid-40s then he gets roles like retelling the stories of Korean historical legends, or other fairly modern patriotic storylines, or becoming mafia boss or action leader of NCI you know stuff like that.Coz those are the ones that get box office hits in Korea and are the ones he would have a chance at being a lead role in his 40s.

Though I would still watch because he would nail any role.But go while you are young like now and maybe set another trend like you did with the King and the Clown.(ah how I wish he lurked around soompi at these times to read the thread but maybe not because sometimes we can get really pervert-like-_-. We wouldnt want to show that side of us to him hehe).

I know your reasons why you don't do alot of movies but please do one soon.Remember Chungmuro is the one that propel your career.You don't have to leave dramaland, just a movie at the beginning of the year of maybe 2018.Then go on as usual and choose a good drama script and continue blowing our minds and hearts with your amazingness.But first watch this:D:

• Like 14

On 6/5/2017 at 0:19 PM, cedarwood said:

If not let me know, we'll think of something. :wink:

7 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Just a short message to let you know that I downloaded all the subbed episodes of MYC. If anyone have problem to downloaded them, just let me know :)

Finally i could download one episode :D so i think i will have no problem with the rest... but i'll let you know if anything goes wrong. Thank you so much!!! you´re true angels :heart:

18 hours ago, zi4r said:

Hello JG Angels. I have been a nervous-wreck since yesterday's already-deleted CM pic release. And my work has suddenly turned volatile, so I won't have time to excessively Soompi. So I'm gonna be only on CM thread, until my CM-related nerves calm down. (Unless of course, JG blows my mind with something or other to make me post here.) So whichever of you also following CM thread, cya there!

And... just wanted to share:

Sigh... I really want to turn back time to that unforgettable night. And how I miss the goofy JG of those days... :bawling: 

And I found this adorable rendition of JG's filmography:

Looking at that, I can hardly believe this guy has wrecked my soul so many times, with the projects he chose to work on.

Dear JG, I love you, but I demand a refund -- a heart -- for all that you've put me through in just "Moon Lovers" and "Never Said Goodbye" alone.

Good night, Angels!

Hope you´re ok right now! i understand what you say about singapore... i feel the same everytime i think of seoul encore... sigh. maybe i just need another JG FM next year  (will my finances afford?) See you in CM thread for sure!!!

13 hours ago, violina said:

Hi Chingus, just chanced on a "never said goodbye clip"...so funny.JG really needs to visit Chungmuro and do a movie after Criminal Minds.Preferably just a straight up romance or even comedy. not the standard action or historical movies every young actor seem to be doing these days.

I don't want him to go back to Chungmuro like mid-40s then he gets roles like retelling the stories of Korean historical legends, or other fairly modern patriotic storylines, or becoming mafia boss or action leader of NCI you know stuff like that.Coz those are the ones that get box office hits in Korea and are the ones he would have a chance at being a lead role in his 40s.

Though I would still watch because he would nail any role.But go while you are young like now and maybe set another trend like you did with the King and the Clown.(ah how I wish he lurked around soompi at these times to read the thread but maybe not because sometimes we can get really pervert-like-_-. We wouldnt want to show that side of us to him hehe).

I know your reasons why you don't do alot of movies but please do one soon.Remember Chungmuro is the one that propel your career.You don't have to leave dramaland, just a movie at the beginning of the year of maybe 2018.Then go on as usual and choose a good drama script and continue blowing our minds and hearts with your amazingness.But first watch this:D:

I'm with you!!! i need a new LJG movie. one with a happy endind will be great though i'd love anything with him. maybe after CM he can rest a few months and then start filming? Love the NSG clip. ever since it was screening in Japan i feel like watching it again... but i need to buy my box of tissues first..

@jade715 and @Lampel Thank you so much for sharing!!!! love the pics

• Like 10

On 7.05.2017 at 0:09 AM, pixelsticks said:

They are on Season 12 now.  

:blink:

Ok... it's longer than I thought...

23 hours ago, zi4r said:

my work has suddenly turned volatile, so I won't have time to excessively Soompi. So I'm gonna be only on CM thread

Nooooooo!!! :(:(:(

I said to myself not to try follow the drama thread since it's pointless to me. Once the drama starts I can't follow it anymore - not much time for this and posts there are like millions written in few minutes. :(

23 hours ago, zi4r said:

True. And where is his character from NSG?

12 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Just a short message to let you know that I downloaded all the subbed episodes of MYC. If anyone have problem to downloaded them, just let me know :)

Good! I already have them all too so if something happens we can both help the others. :D

On the other hand the server is already working better - the last episode took me about 19 hours, first three only 4 hours alltogether. :D

4 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Love the NSG clip. ever since it was screening in Japan i feel like watching it again... but i need to buy my box of tissues first..

I'm thinking about rewatching the movie too but I also need few boxes of tissues... I won't try to watch the movie without it. :(

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Lampel said:

JG on CM Set!

Hi Lampel, thanks for sharing this. I'm happy that tvN’s Criminal Minds has started filming with Lee Jun Ki already.  I didn’t watch the original American version so, it would be interesting to see how this drama turns out with the K-audience. I am really looking forward to this drama for LJK.  :lol:

6 Films That Shot Actors To Stardom

Sometimes all it takes is one film for an actor to rise to the top. Check out some of the most well-known instances of actors that gained explosive popularity through their roles in that one perfect movie!

Lee Joon Gi “The King and the Clown” (2005)

Lee-Joon-Gi.jpg

“The King and the Clown” brought lots of attention to Lee Joon Gi’s unique charms and talent. He perfectly pulled off the role of Gong Gil with incredible beauty and grace, highly impacting the film’s successful run of over 10 million ticket sales.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 10

On 5/4/2017 at 9:03 AM, zi4r said:

That's what I call JG effect. He makes us do things we never thought we would ever do!

When I went to SG FM, we had to wait 10 hours in SG outdoor weather (rainy and humid AND unrelentingly hot that day) for 2 hours of JG concert (also outdoor, bloody hell!). @kiinn (the super-woman who kept me sane) was there with me the whole time, and while we were queuing with no JG in sight except for his rickety standee-poster a few feet away, we both kinda had a mental-breakdown. We were like "Why are we doing this? How is this scrawny little dude making us do this???" (We were saying that quite loudly, and the girls in front of us in the queue turned to us with MURDER in their eyes.... for impugning on JG's greatness, I guess.... hahaha!) Anyway, then fast-forward 5 hours..... and we got to experience what was truly the time of our lives.

His enthusiasm and the amount of heart he puts into his work always humble me. And yes, makes me do wacky things that I never thought I would do.

@zi4r What wait what no!  don't go when I just popped in. Cause, I'm not going to visit CM thread, my heart isn't capable of managing speculation/hope, yet.

I still remember the day as the happiest *grin*  Sort of ashamed of myself, grown-adult chasing actor around. I feel the security guards kept rolling eyes on us ( *all these crazy richard simmons lining up damn early, made us do extra works ). Waiting is one thing, cat-fight is another LOL, all those ready to bite each other eyes........I'm happy I was with you hehe I suspected since you're the one who's brave and quick-thinking , I was able to chill. Long-hours wait resulting in higher adrenaline rush, best time EVER! 

I don't know how's the Seoul FM actual mood, but I'm grateful we went to SG's. Cause JoonGi's beaming with ultra-high positivity, goofy, relax, and free as bird. I didn't expect I would be so happy I could die.

I'm on board with Namoo 'Bad boy- rebranding' or whatnot, but, darn, I MISS HIS SMILE. Like, REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY MISS IT.

I haven't seen a proper happy smiling/laughing picture taken since that ridiculous situation happened.  Or, probably there's one, I just missed it?

Please share,anyone, if you have it!  

• Like 11

15 hours ago, jade715 said:

JG spotted today shooting Criminal Minds.

Credit: IG

Hi jade, thanks for sharing more captures from the set of his upcoming drama.  While seeing some photos here, oh........this drama looks fantastic. This looks good. I hope this won't disappoint me. It seems that it's been ages that he appeared in a modern drama. I really hope this will turn into a HIT one. His acting is always good. I always give a GO when it comes to LJK. My expectation on this is so high. I'm so glad that he's coming back again in my small screen. Can't wait for this.:lol:

• Like 9

Running in....dang RL and these people around me that hover and won't let me freely check out LJG stuff online!  Although they are freaking out over Harry Styles new video right now. I helped them make a video. 

I saw the Taewon pics!  WooHOO!!  He does listen...should we ask for the writers and BTS stuff?

This is my FAVE of the day!!

:wub::wub: I have to repost since his gaze is so "rawr." Is he stopping a suspect or seducing some person!?? HAHAHA

Hi @kiinn!  I do believe you attendees of the Singapore FM got to see the best of the whole 2016-2017 Thank You Again tour...even though it was high humidity and long hours. So count yourself lucky!

@missmaudy  Did you mean to say something?  I see nothing. 

6 hours ago, missmaudy said:

• Like 12

13 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Is he stopping a suspect or seducing some person!?? HAHAHA

Imagine he's doing both those things... oh dear what a drama that would be! But I bet he's looking for something or someone (someone more likely since he holds a gun) and he's seducing the audience - as always. :wub:

54 minutes ago, ohgee said:

new pics of joongi on CM set. He's getting a new wardrobe yay

You know I got so used to see him in "new drama pics - Joon Gi wearing a hanbok" that I can't get used to see him in jeans. Although this is beautiful view too. :wub:

Also I'd like to share one thought (you don't have to read it). LJG makes a modern drama - he wears modern clothes now, right after he was our most beloved Wang So. Maybe this changing of clothes, drama genre, drama times etc. will help me let go of Wang So. This character is still in my heart. *sigh* I don't know if I made myself understandable...

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

You know I got so used to see him in "new drama pics - Joon Gi wearing a hanbok" that I can't get used to see him in jeans. Although this is beautiful view too. :wub:

Also I'd like to share one thought (you don't have to read it). LJG makes a modern drama - he wears modern clothes now, right after he was our most beloved Wang So. Maybe this changing of clothes, drama genre, drama times etc. will help me let go of Wang So. This character is still in my heart. *sigh* I don't know if I made myself understandable...

Haha true, I need to get over wang so as well. He's one of those characters that take a while to get over especially with how the ending didn't give him his happily ever after despite everything he went through:bawling: I'm loving his new wardrobe since I've been deprived of Joongi in modern dramas lol my fav dramas of Joongi are two weeks and TBDAW, he's just too handsome in those suits and jeans :wub:

• Like 10