How To Make Gif's

Guest pharmer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There is a number of alternatives. I recommend to use good programs like Movavi (https://www.movavi.com/videoconvertermac/) or Any (https://www.any-video-converter.com/), for example. They allow me to convert any video on my MAC. That's a great point to me cause actually I couldn't find a lot of quality converters on Mac. I prefer Movavi because it's much more easy to use for me and I know that I won't loose the quality of a video or GIF.

Hello,

Anyone know a simple/free way to make GIF's (<<am i saying that right?--- the pictures w/ a couple of motion sequences)

Also how to post/host them? Like for pictures you can you photobucket. How would you host these?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  1. Go to GIPHY.com and click Create.
  2. Add the web address of the video you'd like to make into a GIF.
  3. Find the part of the video you'd like to capture, and choose the length. 
  4. Optional step: decorate your GIF. 
  5. Optional step: add hashtags to your GIF. 
  6. Upload your GIF to GIPHY.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Use GIF Maker to take it one step further and create, edit, and add captions to animated GIFs from video files and YouTube links. Just like uploading GIFs, you'll need to be signed into your GIPHY account to create GIFs.

1. Choose Video to add a video from your files, choose Add Any URL to enter a YouTube or video URL or drag and drop a video file into the GIFMaker screen to get started. Videos must be under 100MB and under 15 seconds long.
  2. Use the sliders to select Start Time on the video and the Duration of your GIF.
  3. You will have the option to decorate if you choose. Enter your caption in the Caption field. You can then reposition your caption, edit the text, or remove the caption. Use the tabs next to the caption editor to explore effects, stickers, and other fun decorators for your GIF! This step is optional.
  4. You can Add Tags to your GIFs, separated by commas (no # needed), and add a Source URL to give credit to the original source. You can also change your GIF from Public to Private. Private GIFs cannot be seen by anyone but you when you are logged in and can't be shared. This step is optional but highly encouraged.
  5. Hit the Create GIF button to finish. You will be redirected to the GIF page when it is complete.
  6. You can share your GIF slideshow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, text message, email, and everywhere!

Looking to make GIFs out of still images? Use the Slideshow option within our GIFMaker to combine your pictures and GIFs into an animated GIF slideshow, a GIF presentation, or a funny GIF mashup!

1. Choose Photo or GIF to add by dragging and dropping, clicking the blue search button to browse your files, or entering image URLs to add files to your slideshow. 
  2. You can combine both stills and GIFs by first selecting Add Any URL. To do this, make sure to start with your URL, and then click Add More Images from the next page. Pro-tip: If you add an image via URL make sure your URL is an image URL ending in .gif, .jpg, .png, etc. and not just any website URL (example GIF 
  3. Drag and drop images to change the order of your images to change the way they will appear in your slideshow.
  4. Use the slider to change the length of time still images will appear in your slideshow before going to the next image. This duration only applies to stills as GIFs will always play all the way through once before changing. The max duration for the total GIF is 15 seconds, meaning the more images you enter, the shorter the duration each image will appear. 
  5. Select the Continue to Decorate button. You will have the option to decorate if you choose. Enter your caption in the Caption field. You can then reposition your caption, edit the text, or remove the caption. Use the tabs next to the caption editor to explore effects, stickers, and other fun decorators for your GIF! This step is optional.
  6. Select Continue to Upload where you can Add Tags to your GIFs, separated by commas (no # needed), and add a Source URL to give credit to the original source. You can also change your GIF from Public to Private. Private GIFs cannot be seen by anyone but you when you are logged in and can't be shared. This step is optional but highly encouraged.

You can use also apk for making gif

1. Hit the Upload to GIPHY button to finish. You will be redirected to the GIF page when it is complete.
  2. You can share your GIF slideshow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, text message, email, and everywhere! 
Edited by Denial Vick
adding mor information

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are a few techniques for making GIFs:

1.Using an online GIF creator: You can create GIFs from pre-existing photos, videos, or YouTube links on a number of websites, including Giphy, imgflip, and Makeagif. Simply choose the pictures or video you want to use, alter the options (such as the speed, size, and subtitles), and download the resultant GIF.

2.Using a video editor: You can make a GIF by using a video editor like Adobe Premiere Pro or iMovie if you have access to one. Just import the video you want to use, cut it to the appropriate length, export it as a GIF file, and tweak the options (such size and quality) until you're happy.

3.Using Photoshop: GIF creation is also a feature of Adobe Photoshop. To utilise a picture as a frame, open it, then choose "File" > "Export" > "Save for Web (Legacy)" and "GIF" from the drop-down menu. Before saving the finished GIF, you can then change the settings, including frame delay and looping.

Whichever approach you go with, making a GIF can be a simple and enjoyable way to inject some humor or originality into your online material.

• 4 months later...
  • ferily locked this topic