Lee Soo Hyuk 이수혁 [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Queen Woo"] [Upcoming Drama 2024 "S Line"]

partyon

14 minutes ago, partyon said:

His biggest issue is that he is not that successful picking dramas with good scripts.

He is ready acting wise - there is no question about it. Tomorrow once again showed his versatility as an actor. :love:

9 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

That's partially the case. True. 

But I've read interviews with actors that said that they weren't picking the main lead roles because it's big thing and they were not ready. LSH seems to like the supporting roles (or villains roles), bad script or not. 

Whether LSH has not luck at picking good dramas or perhaps more inclined doing supporting roles, let's hope that his eyes and mind is now open , seeing the amazing response he gotten from TOMORROW.  Maybe he might consider being a lead and that some good PD / writer taking him on. 
:partyblob:

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

1 minute ago, Min2206 said:

Maybe he might consider being a lead and that some good PD / writer taking him on. 

I hope someone good does. The first lead role is kinds stressful, no matter the experience (or I think at least), so fingers crossing for him to have luck and find the nice project to work on. Maybe another mini series or movie? 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

I hope someone good does. The first lead role is kinds stressful, no matter the experience (or I think at least), so fingers crossing for him to have luck and find the nice project to work on. Maybe another mini series or movie? 

Yea, I heard that the first time taking on a lead role can be quite stressful but then he seems so calm and collected by nature.   With his years of experience, I am sure putting him in a conducive condition with great FL / PD might ease the burden.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

3 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

With his years of experience, I am sure putting him in a conducive condition with great FL / PD might ease the burden.

There are so many thing to consider: FL, director, writer, co-stars, script itself, ML himself. If you think about it, being a ML is actually truly an exhausting task. 

4 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

but then he seems so calm and collected by nature.

Yes, he is. I like his calm answers, some are a bit of shy even. Yet, when he gets into a character, he can be so different, intense, even scary at times. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

There are so many thing to consider: FL, director, writer, co-stars, script itself, ML himself. If you think about it, being a ML is actually truly an exhausting task. 

Yes, he is. I like his calm answers, some are a bit of shy even. Yet, when he gets into a character, he can be so different, intense, even scary at times. 

You are right @Idylla Kaizokuthere are factors involved.

Is he an introvert - I am new , I mean, he's a new oppa to me.  
That's the amazing thing about ACTOR(S) .. .most introverts or shy actors could just change 180 degree to be someone he / she is not irl , and did so convincingly that I believed that he or she could be like that irl

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, partyon said:

He is ready acting wise - there is no question about it. Tomorrow once again showed his versatility as an actor.

1 hour ago, Idylla Kaizoku said:

Will see what project he pick next, because Tomorrow showed he can leave an impression

1 hour ago, Min2206 said:

seeing the amazing response he gotten from TOMORROW.  Maybe he might consider being a lead and that some good PD / writer taking him on.

Its worth noting again that he accomplished so much with this character with so little screen time - for such a dark character, he was the real bright spot in Tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Its worth noting again that he accomplished so much with this character with so little screen time - for such a dark character, he was the real bright spot in Tomorrow.

Exactly. With such limited time frame, he made most of it, I think, portraying a guy who is very strict, yet compassion in those rare moments when it's counts. Yet unyielding with his believes. Quite complex personality. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Handmade Love

12:56.. I liked that Wovan gave her a pair of new shoes

Finally, someone proved that every woman needs new shoes for her self-confidence.. thanks, oppa... :D

behind the scenes

55032ef72435df9e7da4e5ee7a757a21.jpg

• Blob 1

• 4 months later...

7 Korean Actors Who Charm Us With Their Deep Voices

Lee Soo Hyuk

This model-turned-actor is another one that fits right in this list. His gruff vocals do not go unnoticed, which fans have been acquainted with since his debut in 2010. “Lucky Romance” and “Doom at Your Service” are some of his memorable K-dramas. Allow yourself to be serenaded by Lee Soo Hyuk’s voice in this segment, brought to you by YG Stage’s YouTube channel.

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1545577wpp/7-korean-actors-who-charm-us-with-their-deep-voices

@Min2206 @rocher22 @joccu 

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

• 6 months later...
  • partyon changed the title to Lee Soo Hyuk 이수혁 [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Queen Woo"] [Upcoming Movie 2023 "Lost"]

@joccu Teaser for movie Lost - starring Lee Soo Hyuk.

and about his upcoming drama:

Jeon Jong Seo’s New Historical Drama Confirms Kim Moo Yeol, Ji Chang Wook, Lee Soo Hyuk, And More For Main Cast

20230712054550_Jeon-Jong-Seo-Kim-Moo-Yeo

TVING’s upcoming drama “Queen Woo” (literal title) has announced its cast lineup!

“Queen Woo” is a chase action sageuk (historical drama) that follows the story of Queen Woo who becomes the target of five tribes seeking to gain authority and princes who are after the throne following the sudden passing of the King. Queen Woo struggles to find a new King within 24 hours.

As previously confirmed, Jeon Jong Seo will take on the role of Woo Hee, a queen of Goguryeo who has both beauty and brains but was born from a humble family and thus possesses no authority. The only person she can rely on in the desolate palace is King Go Nam Moo, but her husband experiences a desperate crisis, putting both her authority as well as her family’s authority in danger.

Kim Moo Yeol will play Goguryeo’s prime minister and the generalissimo of the King’s military Eul Pa So who overcame his weakness and climbed the ranks to become the generalissimo. With King Go Nam Moo’s trust, Eul Pa So is also in charge of state affairs, and he is a figure who contemplates between his loyalty to the King and his desire for power.

Ji Chang Wook will play Woo Hee’s husband and King Gogukcheon of Goguryeo. Go Nam Moo is a King of Goguryeo who had the brains to lead 5,000 soldiers to victory against 30,000 soldiers of Han Dynasty. He is a perfect King with both dignity and kindness, but his absence soon brings blood to the palace.

Jung Yoo Mi plays Woo Hee’s sister Woo Soon, who is known for her great beauty even in the North where Queens have been produced for generations. However, she loses the Queen position to her younger sister due to one moment’s choice. She becomes a lady-in-waiting for Woo Hee in order to find new fate inside the palace.

Lee Soo Hyuk will play Go Bal Ki, one of the three princes who is a candidate for succession to the throne of Goguryeo, adding tension to the fight for authority. Furthermore, Park Ji Hwan will play the role of Mu Gol, the head of the royal guard directly under the King.

source:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600048wpp/jeon-jong-seos-new-historical-drama-confirms-kim-moo-yeol-ji-chang-wook-lee-soo-hyuk-and-more-for-main-cast

• Like 2

• partyon changed the title to Lee Soo Hyuk 이수혁 [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Queen Woo"] [Movie 2023 "Lost"]
  • 3 months later...

Lee Soo Hyuk, Lee Da Hee, And OH MY GIRL’s Arin Confirmed For New Webtoon-Based Drama

20230904032736_lee-soo-hyuk-lee-da-hee-a

Lee Soo Hyuk, Lee Da Hee, and OH MY GIRL’s Arin will be starring in an upcoming drama together!

On September 4, Sidus shared, “Lee Soo Hyuk, Lee Da Hee, and Arin have been cast in the new drama ‘S Line’ (literal title).”

Based on a webtoon, “S Line” is a fantasy thriller that portrays various social situations that arise when “red lines” suddenly appear above people’s heads, connecting them to people with whom they have had physical relationships, revealing their sensitive private information overnight. This red line is called the “S line” and can only be seen but cannot be physically touched.

Lee Soo Hyuk will be playing the role of the handsome and free-spirited detective Han Ji Wook who chases after the truth behind the S lines. Having impressed with numerous dramas including “Tomorrow,” “Doom at Your Service,” “The Scholar Who Walks the Night,” “King of High School,” and more, viewers are excited for his next transformation.

Lee Da Hee, who received much love for her roles in “Island,” “L.U.C.A.: The Beginning,” “Search: WWW,” “Beauty Inside,” and more, will be playing the role of the eccentric high school teacher Gyu Jin.

OH MY GIRL’s Arin will be starring as high school student Hyun Heup who has been able to see S lines since her birth. Recently, Arin impressed in dramas including “Alchemy of Souls” Part 1 and Part 2 as well as tvN’s “O’PENing” short drama “Summer Love Blues.”

After wrapping up post-production work this year, “S Line” will reportedly premiere in 2024. Stay tuned for more updates!

source:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1611265wpp/lee-soo-hyuk-lee-da-hee-and-oh-my-girls-arin-confirmed-for-new-webtoon-based-drama

• partyon changed the title to Lee Soo Hyuk 이수혁 [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Queen Woo"] [Upcoming Drama 2024 "S Line"]