[Current Drama 2024] Su Ji and Woo Ri - 수지맞은 우리 - Mon to Fri 20:30 KST

0ly40

3 hours ago, maribella said:

That wasn’t a secret, was it? I thought she knew it.

I am not happy that the father and his family are going on as one happy family. He allowed his wife to mistreat SJ for 27 years then bask in her success? 

@maribella  SJ did not know U ri heard her plea to be SY’s daughter on paper too.  I am starting think being someone child on paper may mean a big deal in Korea.  
You would think just knowing this woman gave birth to you was good enough. I think SJ want to go back to being Soo Kyung instead of Su Ji. Even U Ri calls her Soo Kyung. 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe9130n6f2raydjmtf2wp2

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91r50v0wcb36zrhj2j0q

This is poetic Justice for her, I hope her admitting what she did wrong will end up being leaked to the media. So everyone can know how horrible SJ’s childhood was. 

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91r50v0wcb36zrhj2j0q

• Like 2

Hello everyone 

Daebak!! I did not fast forward any of the scenes today. Yay 🥰

Su Ji  will become SY legal daughter real soon. I am so happy for her. I am glad her wishes will come true. Once the adoption get cancelled, Soo Kyung will stop being afraid of standing up for herself. Because Korean believe in respecting their parents and following their orders. SK had difficulty saying no and defending herself out of fear. Now the fear will be gone replacing that fear with the love she will recieve from Courtyard family. Soo Kyung will have more freedom to say No! when or if Yun Ja asks for help in the future. 

What I wish can happen , if this drama is supposed to be a family drama. 
Ma Ri healing process of healing will be through Soo Kyung and Seo Young. This I believe is imperative for her healing process. SY understand her pain and will never fight back when Ma Ri lashes out.  SY will bring up the fact for the past 30 years the men in her life have not been supportive enough. She needed support instead of avoidance.

At some point , I thought maybe HW may actually be Jin Tae biological son and that is where the misunderstanding started. But Now I just don’t know what to think. I think Jin Tae action was cruel. I have not seen him really mourn the loss of HW.  Is the reason he got over his grief so quickly is because he did not care for HW?? Is it because HW was not his biological son? But in flashbacks he seemed so happy with HW and loved the fact HW favorite toy was the ambulance car

@UnniSarah looks like her lies are popping up, that’s why she’s avoiding her family.

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

But Now I just don’t know what to think. I think Jin Tae action was cruel. I have not seen him really mourn the

He has a career of his choice, that helps in any personal conflicts, although he might have buried it when they should work it out. The kid might have not been his but since he was a doctor, he could have worked out the number of weeks of pregnancy etc. I am guessing his FIL had bankrolled his studies and he was paying his debt by marrying her.

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Once the adoption get cancelled, Soo Kyung will stop being afraid of standing up for herself. Because Korean believe in respecting their parents and following their orders. SK had difficulty saying no and defending herself out of fear. Now the fear will be gone replacing that fear with the love she will recieve from Courtyard family. Soo Kyung will have more freedom to say No! when or if Yun Ja asks for help in the future. 

I’ll wait to draw any conclusion. Anyone who felt so wronged as she did, from her words, would not even contemplate moving back into the old place. She changed her mind when she saw NY there. 

This must be a family show, even SJ’s mother is not planning revenge. :pensive:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

5 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

At some point , I thought maybe HW may actually be Jin Tae biological son and that is where the misunderstanding started. But Now I just don’t know what to think. I think Jin Tae action was cruel. I have not seen him really mourn the loss of HW.  Is the reason he got over his grief so quickly is because he did not care for HW?? Is it because HW was not his biological son? But in flashbacks he seemed so happy with HW and loved the fact HW favorite toy was the ambulance car

I dont think JT  is not sad for losing his son, I think he just wanted to move on since for the last 30 years MR is punishing him and making his life worthless. the only comfort is the food that SY make for him. people have different ways in coping up depression for MR is being sad and grampy all the time, for HS is running away to a different country, I think for JT is eating SY food (if you notice how he explain to SY that her wife have a serious problem and say that they loss a child)

I think if NY found out that WR is actually HW and keep that a secret, I think the second person who will fund out is SY and she's going to tell that to JT (to make MR jealousy to SY story drag even further)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

I enjoyed watching HS ignore Little Bean and went to bed . @mjmartinez  Ny was so disappointed. If she had gotten married for love,  HS would have been more involved and spend more time with her. Everytime they are together, he doesn't look happy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I enjoyed watching HS ignore Little Bean and went to bed . @mjmartinez  Ny was so disappointed. If she had gotten married for love,  HS would have been more involved and spend more time with her. Everytime they are together, he doesn't look happy. 

Serves her right. Getting pregnant to get a man is the oldest trick in book. I cannot understand kdrama is marrying off the characters for pregnancy. It looks like getting pregnant out of wedlock is not a horrifying thing for kdrama characters. In real life if one reads about actors and actresses getting married, they proudly announce the woman being pregnant :blush: Song Joon Ki, Park Shin Hye and many other top actors. I wonder if  it’s only limited to the show biz people. The ordinary Koreans might feel differently.

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Ma Ri healing process of healing will be through Soo Kyung and Seo Young. This I believe is imperative for her healing process. SY understand her pain and will never fight back when Ma Ri lashes out.  SY will bring up the fact for the past 30 years the men in her life have not been supportive enough. She needed support instead of avoidance.

disagree. she didn't need support. she had plenty from the men in her life. but she drove them away by continuously hurting them. grief when it sits in your heart for too long can fester and become pus. that is what has happened to mari. she has become a cold, bitter, angry person. does she need understanding? she doesn't want anyone to understand her.

when restaurant mom offered her support, she rejected it as pity. it makes her mad. when doctor han put up with her nonsense for so many years, she didn't reduce her grief but just kept him away. when HS walked on egg shells, she couldn't see how much he was hurting and how his life has been on hold. it was only about her pain. she wants to dwell in her pain and be miserable. 

grief does not give you a license to hurt others. at some point, people will get tired and hit back. as uncle said, "take your fight elsewhere. who cares about your reasons!" 

rather than restaurant mom or sooji, I think it will be woori's rejection of her that will really pierce her to the core. he is a warm person who grew up in a warm household. it will make her realize that she hurt those around her while the one who was lost had a better life without her. 

5 hours ago, mjmartinez said:

I dont think JT  is not sad for losing his son, I think he just wanted to move on since for the last 30 years MR is punishing him and making his life worthless. the only comfort is the food that SY make for him. people have different ways in coping up depression for MR is being sad and grampy all the time, for HS is running away to a different country, I think for JT is eating SY food (if you notice how he explain to SY that her wife have a serious problem and say that they loss a child)

exactly; life does not stop when we lose someone. the sun still rises and sets. once we get over the grief, it does not mean the loss is less if we get back to regular life or get busy in work. however, mari kept punishing him and held on to her grief. she was mad that he didn't grieve in the same way she did. she wanted the world to stop and everyone to lose their happiness because she was unhappy. however, that is not correct. it is similar to nayoung being unhappy that sooji was successful. 

she wasn't even aware that HS ran away to US to avoid the situation at home. it does not register how she lost both her sons in some ways. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it is similar to nayoung being unhappy that sooji was successful

NY was helped by her mother to hurt SJ and her father and grandmother did nothing. This really gets my goat. They are not flourishing but still surviving when they should be indebted for 300k. 

I don’t think SY should do anything for the Han family. HS did not stand by her daughter when she needed support. They are two unrelated families. 

The writer’s decision to connect Doori and DY is clearly for use at the end for a kumbaya ending. Poor girl, she’s going to be the DIL of a self centred woman who is not owing up to the misery she had caused SY and SJ.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, maribella said:

@UnniSarah did SFL get SML drunk then bed him or did she stalk him, found him drunk and ‘took advantage of him’?

If he were a woman, she could be sued for rape or charged, for either case.

@maribella SML was always drunk and NY would always be there to help him. I believe that there was one time he was drunk he called out Su Ji’s name . I don’t think he has slept with her sober. 

42 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@maribella SML was always drunk and NY would always be there to help him. I believe that there was one time he was drunk he called out Su Ji’s name . I don’t think he has slept with her sober. 

Just as in Miss M.

I have read about date rapes which was about girls being plied with drinks and a man or sometimes men took advantage of the inebriated girls.

It would be something if the man refuses to accept any responsibility because he was drunk when it happened.

In Miss M and this show both men meekly accept it as their responsibilities.

• Love 1

What is going to happen when SuJi finds out her half-brother is dating her adopted sister. 

URi is differently going to end up being Mari's son. 

It's funny how on MBC and KBS, there are two dailies that has long lost brothers. 

• Like 1