[Current Drama 2024] Beauty and Mr. Romantic, 미녀와 순정남 -Ji Hyun Woo & Im soo hyang - Sat&Sun

larus

1 hour ago, msmy said:

That's a good point, @Lmangla, maybe someone who doesn't have a family interest, or money, or love interest will be the one to protect Dora the most.  I'm hoping Grandma will be the one to have some real impact on what happens to Dora.  Mom's money problems resurfacing again could start to trigger some flashbacks for Dora, but I hope Grandma sticks around to monitor it all.

was really surprised that dora showed some backbone when mom wanted to kick granny out of the house. dora was firm that she would rather quit acting or would move out to another rental with grandma. dora's relationship with grandma hasn't changed despite the reveal and she feels a deep sense of responsibility towards her that is also loving. it is also interesting that with grandma in the house, dora seems more confident and less tipping around on eggshells. even though grandma may be senile, she is still protective of dora. so in that sense, grandma is security that dora needs. 

the brothers seem to warm up to grandma as well. brother#1 made it clear that it was his house and so as host, he was prepared to let granny stay over mom's disapproval. both he and brother#2 are okay to let grandma think they are son and grandson. they are not exasperated with the old lady but instead grateful to her. in addition to dora, it would be nice if the brothers also got to experience what real family love is about -- one that comes without leeching and using. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

Here's to everyone who's enjoying this drama so far.  I've been watching every episode like all of you.  Most of the previous comments and thoughts reflect my overall thoughts of the drama so far.  I will offer some additional points to ponder.

1.  Im Soo Hyang deserves some awards for her portrayal of both DR and JY.  Ji Hyun Woo also deserves some awards too as the lover and protector for DR/JY. 

2.  I know some folks have impatience with regards to why the other characters can't tell that DR and JY are the same person.  While it's a frustrating angle for us the audience, it serves the writers well because it allows them to prolong the story line longer than otherwise.   One thing that remains the same - whether as DR or JY, she loves PS with all her heart.

3.  I'm 100% agreed with all that say Soo Yong (PS's biological mom) is beyond selfish for what she did.  Imagine trying to see your own child grow up without you even lifting a finger yourself in raising him.  How messed up is that?!  How her character story turns out should be very interesting.

4.   Yes it does appear that DR's mom and Mr. Creep will join forces yet again to make DR/JY's life miserable.  I really hope I'm wrong about this but I have a dreadful feeling that we'll see a repeat of when DR was tricked into going to Mr. Creep's private villa for a "photoshoot".   However, I also believe that this will trigger THE memory that will fully unlock all of her old memories.  My prediction on when this will happen?   I'm saying episode 36/37 (so I'm probably way wrong about this!)

5.  Tale of two grandmas:  JY's grandma will definitely be a deciding force for both JY and ultimately PS given her affection for him as well.  How much remains to be seen.   I can definitely see them moving to Taejeon to be closer with grandma when they get married :).

As for PS's grandma - get a life please and shut that pie hole for once!

6.  The other couples in this story:  Do Shik and Myung Dong - cute couple but they don't really move the needle for me.  Ditto for potentially Mari and Do Jun. 

7.   The big question remaining for me - can DR with PS's help prove that Mr. Creep was responsible for her attempted suicide?  I know that once she gets her memory back, she'll be determined to destroy Mr. Creep once and for all.   I'm currently not sure how it will play out.  I love to hear your thoughts on this since I'm none too clever.

The next episode should be interesting as it appears that PS and JY will slowly but surely rekindle their romance.  Bring on the weekend!  

• Like 3

We're really redoing the scenerio where Dora's mom goes to the SML and asks for money AND SML tells her that he wants JiYoung/Dora? Basically selling your daughter again? 

Also... Mari's mom didn't tell anyone that she has an abandoned child other than Mari. They all had to find out by through a third party.  

None of the elder mom characters in the drama ever learn a lesson

What is this Groundhog's Day? . 

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 33! :).

20240714013104_Good-Partner-Miss-Night-a

"Good Partner" Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode As "Miss Night And Day" Kicks Off 2nd Half

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” remained the most-watched program of Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 16.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1674452wpp/good-partner-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-as-miss-night-and-day-kicks-off-2nd-half

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kboramint said:

We're really redoing the scenerio where Dora's mom goes to the SML and asks for money AND SML tells her that he wants JiYoung/Dora? Basically selling your daughter again? 

Also... Mari's mom didn't tell anyone that she has an abandoned child other than Mari. They all had to find out by through a third party.  

I'm thinking this is all a tease from the writer.  Something creative is in the works... stay tuned.

• Like 1

Ji Hyun Woo And Go Yoon Fight Over Im Soo Hyang In

Ji Hyun Woo And Go Yoon Fight Over Im Soo Hyang In "Beauty And Mr. Romantic"

Get ready for sparks to fly on the next episode of “Beauty and Mr. Romantic”?

“Beauty and Mr. Romantic” is a KBS romance drama about an actress who hits rock bottom overnight and the producing director (PD) who gets her back on her feet out of love.

Spoilers

Previously on “Beauty and Mr. Romantic,” Gong Jin Dan (Go Yoon)’s family learned the shocking secret that Go Pil Seung (Ji Hyun Woo) was the biological son of Jang Soo Yeon (Lee Il Hwa).

In the drama’s upcoming episode, Gong Jin Dan—who is determined to resort to any means necessary to win Kim Ji Young (Im Soo Hyang) over for himself—will hatch a scheme to drive Go Pil Seung into a corner.

Newly released stills from the episode capture a tense conflict between Go Pil Seung and Gong Jin Dan on the drama set. Surrounded by a crowd of people, the two men get into a heated argument, with Jin Dan aggressively waving a finger in Pil Seung’s face as Pil Seung stares back at him with a look of disbelief.

Meanwhile, a startled Ji Young nervously watches the fight escalate from the sidelines.

Beauty-and-Mr.-Romantic-1.jpg

To find out whether Jin Dan’s plan will succeed, tune in to the next episode of “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” on July 14 at 7:55 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1674488wpp/ji-hyun-woo-and-go-yoon-fight-over-im-soo-hyang-in-beauty-and-mr-romantic

• Like 1

So in the end, the production company is being dissolved (I would think illegally),  and a new one with the existing director and staff will be formed.  Hopefully Pil Seung's birth Mom will have the resources,  through a big divorce settlement, to go independent and make that happen.  Too bad the protesting staff didn't alert the press to be there at the skirmish to get some pictures and bad press for Chairman's company.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, msmy said:

Too bad the protesting staff didn't alert the press to be there at the skirmish to get some pictures and bad press for Chairman's company.

It's bad business practice and unprofessional to shut down a company and lay off dozens of crew members and and production staff, all because of a personal reason. Phil-Sung stayed as director despite finding out that her boss is his bio-mom. He knew to sepreate his personal life with his buisness life. 

The Chairman's company could get sued by unions and lose more money.     

• Like 3

Here are the ratings for Episode 34! :).

20240714234951_The-Auditors-Miss-Night-a

"The Auditors" Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet + "Miss Night And Day" Returns To All-Time High

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Beauty and Mr. Romantic” continued its reign as the most-watched program of any kind to air on Sunday, when it rose to an average nationwide rating of 17.9 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1674578wpp/the-auditors-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-miss-night-and-day-returns-to-all-time-high

• Like 1

Well that was quite the weekend.  What started out as the Creep's mom discovering an old picture of PS ends with a strike with JY pushed to the ground and her two suitors concerned for her.  My thoughts:

1.  @kboramint has it spot on in saying that it's bad business practice for Chairman Gong to pull the plug on the drama.  I would add that it's also unethical as well.   The strike and its continuous negative press will also leave a mark in terms of public opinion.   Absolute foolish behavior by both the Chairman and the Creep to allow their personal feelings to turn into awful business decisions.   They'll find out in the end what a mistake they made.

2.   @msmy also has an interesting idea of perhaps PS working as an independent funded by Soo Yeon.  While this may seem unthinkable on the surface, I do think that the seeds are being planted for PS to branch out on his own with JY/DR as his main lead actress and his loyal staff in tow.   The only missing piece would be funding which Soo Yeon would be more than happy to provide since he is her biological son and for payback to her husband.   Definitely need to keep an eye on this.

3.   JY's grandma sure is a sly fox isn't she?  She coaxed a jjangmeyon lunch from PS because she couldn't tell JY was acting?  Hmmm?   Either way, well played granny!   Plus her instincts on the main characters are spot on.   She can't stand the Creep, she really can't stand JY's/DR's mom, and she even beat up Yoo Seon for what she confessed to.   On the other hand, she adores PS practically like a son/grandson.  It will be interesting to see how much pull she carries over JY and PS especially the rest of the way.

4.   Still not clear the significance of Ae Kyo's old boyfriend(?) coming back.  

5.  As heartbreaking as it was to watch, I loved the scene with PS and JY on Mount Nam.  JY's denials slowly melting away with PS's words was touching and firm at the same time.  She sure can't quit him can she?

6.   The Creep mused correctly that he's lost JY/DR twice to PS.  It's gonna be three times dude before it's all over.   Just sayin'. 

7.   I don't know why but I still feel reasonably sure about my earlier prediction of JY/DR regaining all of her memories either late next weekend or early the following weekend.  It just feels like it's all setting up for her to plant one final flag on this story.  

Can't wait for episode 35.   Bring on the weekend! 

• Like 3

On 7/14/2024 at 6:35 AM, kboramint said:

why did you ask about groundhog's day? did it pop up in the drama? there was a movie from the 80s/90s called groundhog day -- I don't remember much except thinking it was weird. it was about a guy stuck in a time loop where he goes through the same day over and over and over again for a period of time. so apparently there is a tradition/belief that if this animal (different places choose animal) casts a shadow or doesn't come out of the hole or something like that -- then spring is late by a few weeks and winter will be longer. basically it has to do with predicting if winter is over based on something the animal does or does not do. 

On 7/14/2024 at 3:09 PM, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Dora's mom is a monster, she is playing with her daughter memories

since she is selling dora yet again, I think it will be more unlikely that there will be some sort of happy ending when she recovers her memories. she might reject the mother for good or go on absolute low contact. basically I am wondering if they are setting it up for her to be separated from teh children because they are all so frustrated with her using them. 

On 7/16/2024 at 7:30 AM, heistheway said:

1.  @kboramint has it spot on in saying that it's bad business practice for Chairman Gong to pull the plug on the drama.  I would add that it's also unethical as well.   The strike and its continuous negative press will also leave a mark in terms of public opinion.   Absolute foolish behavior by both the Chairman and the Creep to allow their personal feelings to turn into awful business decisions.   They'll find out in the end what a mistake they made.

not only bad business practice but I was wondering why he would do it in the first place. the writers, staff and actors were all asking what happened. because they were so confused, the assistant had to tell this birth secret. now, by shutting down and the staff protesting, the reasons will spread everywhere. so everyone in society will chatter more and it is more heartbreak and embarrassment for chairman. he is definitely reacting from a place of hurt as he feels that she never loved him and his entire marriage was a big lie. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

since she is selling dora yet again, I think it will be more unlikely that there will be some sort of happy ending when she recovers her memories. she might reject the mother for good or go on absolute low contact. basically I am wondering if they are setting it up for her to be separated from teh children because they are all so frustrated with her using them. 

Maybe she dies. Who knows?

• Wiggle 1

@nohamahamoud2002 I'm not sure about her dying.   But I do agree with @Lmangla that once DR regains all of her memories, the seeds are planted for her and her brothers to stay away from their mom once and for all.   If anything, they'll hang out with grandma who, even though she's not her actual grandma, has treated DR/JY way better than her mom ever did.  I can truly see when DR and PS get married that they move to Taejeon with grandma. 

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

Took a peek at the end of this week's episode without subs, but it seems Mari has managed to get Pil Seung  back in business with the crew due to her refusal to eat and making herself sick.  She is sensitive to the heartbreak of everyone involved, and Dad finally breaks and agrees to reestablish the production.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, msmy said:

Took a peek at the end of this week's episode without subs, but it seems Mari has managed to get Pil Seung  back in business with the crew due to her refusal to eat and making herself sick.  She is sensitive to the heartbreak of everyone involved, and Dad finally breaks and agrees to reestablish the production.

not sure how mari will survive long-term if she suffers every time things go wrong. the world we live -- there will be so much chaos. what happens when people leave or die? what happens when people hurt her or they are hurting other people? what happens if people are upset? everyone is not going to cater to her and feel sorry for her. how long can they protect her? 

I have a feeling that SML is not the biological brother of Mari's dad. He's not blood related with the chaebol family. The aunt is going to be so mad, if this true. Also, the aunt wants Mari's dad to adopt his half-brother? What kind of absurb talk is that? 

Also, I'm tired of Dora's mom pimping out her own daughter for money. She's techinally human trafficking. Her mom is exploiting her daughter. She's taking advantage of her amnesia and making her consent.  

• Like 3

My previous post was very wrong, so ignore that!  Mari has been diagnosed with PTSD as a result of her accident long ago, so she is suffering and is refusing hospital treatments that were pretty unpleasant in the past.  In the end, she admits that she really misses Pil Seung, he is the big brother and protector that she needs.  Chairman reluctantly calls PS to comfort Mari, which infuriates Jin Dan.

I think this is the window that lets PS get closer to Chairman,  even though the divorce is still on the table and Chairman is stinging from the whole revelation by his wife.  PS may be able to score a few brownie points with the Chairman if Mari shows improvement.  That whole "adopt your half brother" scheme is nuts!  Wow!  With ex boyfriend Sang Gu showing up I hope the Jin Dan reveal of not being related to Chairman is soon.  Not sure how that is going to happen unless Sang Gu wants to claim Jin Dan as his own.

• Like 1