Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

On 6/9/2023 at 3:27 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

yeah she will be, Oh you didn't know they said she would really early on. Can't wait to see them again.

@backstreetboysfan  no, I didn't know. Now, as of this writing, the drama has ended and we have seen the finale where she's in. She played 'Nam Ji-ah', a producer of a television show about urban myth. I heard that she did not receive any payment for it including all of the flashback portions. Cho Bo-ah showed her love for the 'Tale of the Nine-Tailed' series. Actually, she appeared in so many scenes in the drama because her flashback was shown at least once every episode.  :heart3:

*** On June 11th, a video featuring Lee Dong Wook was uploaded on the YouTube channel “DdeunDdeun”. He together with  comedians Jo Se Ho and Nam Chang Hee appeared where Yoo Jae Suk was the host. This was Yoo Jae Suk YT channel. In the video, Yoo Jae Suk talked pridely that his daughter Na Eun did a “phone decoration” for him. On the back of Yoo Jae Suk’s cell phone, there were many cute stickers such as Kitty and My Melody. However, this was the same for the cell phone of Lee Dong Wook. He explained, “Our staff put (stickers) here after eating bread and snacks. I carry it as a raw phone without a case, so I guess it’s good to put stickers on.It’s so attractive that he has a completely different personality. It’s CUTE of him to carry the phone without taking stickers off“…  :Ohboy3:

lee-dong-wook-1-120623.webp

img_20230612084048_pgws189t.webp

source : https://www.insight.co.kr/news/441181

Pin on Gif

NEW EVENT!

Quick Poll - A K-Drama Addict's Guide to Popular Korean Words and Phrases!

So how many words have you picked up since you started watching K-dramas?  Find out by taking a short quiz. Vote for the words you are inadverently using in your daily conversation with your non K-drama watching chingus and driving them crazy. Let us know how you fared. :happydance:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO team :innocent:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

22 hours ago, willenette said:

@backstreetboysfan  no, I didn't know. Now, as of this writing, the drama has ended and we have seen the finale where she's in. She played 'Nam Ji-ah', a producer of a television show about urban myth. I heard that she did not receive any payment for it including all of the flashback portions. Cho Bo-ah showed her love for the 'Tale of the Nine-Tailed' series. Actually, she appeared in so many scenes in the drama because her flashback was shown at least once every episode.  

Oh okay Yeah I saw the news about her being on early into the drama, Oh wow I didn't know that thanks for the info.

*** This week we say goodbye to "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938," which kept its chosen audience and ended with a high

of 8%.   :wut:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 5-11, 2023

LINK here : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-5-11-2023/

Saturday, June 10      
The Real Has Come 23 KBS 19.4%
Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 3 14 SBS 14.9%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 11 tvN 4.7%

Sunday, June 11      
The Real Has Come 24 KBS 21.0%
Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 12 tvN 8.0%

Lee Dong Wook Opens Up About His Struggles on Yoo Jae Suk’s YouTube Show ‘Pinggyego’

93f59607-ebbc-4443-89df-6e282a231b5c.jpg

Lee Dong Wook once again guested on Yoo Jae Suk’s YouTube talk show “Pinggyego.”

When asked by Yoo Jae Suk where he gets his energy from, Lee Dong Wook replied, “I used to prefer being alone, but these days when I’m alone, I tend to overthink. I feel refreshed when I meet you guys here and have a chat. I feel good right now.”

However, Yoo Jae Suk joked that his expression didn’t match his words. To this, Lee Dong Wook confessed, “Honestly, I have a lot of worries these days. I seem to hit a slump every four to five years, and I think I’m going through that phase now. But I don’t know what’s causing it. I don’t think it’s because I’ve been working without rest. I felt more at ease when I would just immerse myself in a project without thinking too much.”

The actor reflected on how he dealt with such situations in the past. “I didn’t use to talk about this. I would just bottle it up and agonize over it. But I feel that talking about it and letting it out is really important,” he shared. Then emphasizing that he doesn’t expect to get answers from Yoo Jae Suk or anyone else by opening up about it, he added, “Actually, I don’t know the answer either. But I think it’s important to just express that I’m going through this situation and living with this feeling.”

In response, Yoo Jae Suk empathized with him, saying, “Putting your body to work is one of the most effective ways to distance oneself from such concerns.”

Echoing Yoo Jae Suk’s thoughts, Lee Dong Wook shared why he enjoys fishing. “I don’t think about anything else during the 7-8 hours I’m on the boat. The only goal is to catch fish,” he said. “I hope that (for viewers) watching ‘Pinggyego’ will bring a lot of laughter and help relieve your worries and concerns.”

source : https://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/384652

“Tale Of The Nine-Tailed” Producers Address Possibility Of Season 3

tvN has commented on the possibility of a third season of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed”!

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which first aired in 2020, told the story of the male gumiho (mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (played by Lee Dong Wook) in the present day. In the second season—the recent “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938,” which aired its finale this past weekend—Yi Yeon unexpectedly found himself back in 1938, where he embarked on an eventful adventure in his quest to return to the present.

At the very end of the final episode of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938″after the credits and a “thank you” message to viewers, Yi Yeon could be heard saying, “So this is Joseon?” The drama then showed a brief animated scene of Yi Yeon running from two men chasing him in the Joseon era, suggesting that the drama had plans for a Season 3 set even further back in the past.

On June 13, tvN confirmed that they were discussing the possibility of a third season of the drama, but stated that nothing had yet been decided.

“We’re leaving all possibilities open, but at present, nothing has yet been set in stone,” said the network.

Are you hoping for a third season of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed”? Stay tuned for further updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1593586wpp/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-producers-address-possibility-of-season-3

7 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

tvN has commented on the possibility of a third season of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed”!

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which first aired in 2020, told the story of the male gumiho (mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (played by Lee Dong Wook) in the present day. In the second season—the recent “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938,” which aired its finale this past weekend—Yi Yeon unexpectedly found himself back in 1938, where he embarked on an eventful adventure in his quest to return to the present.

At the very end of the final episode of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938″after the credits and a “thank you” message to viewers, Yi Yeon could be heard saying, “So this is Joseon?” The drama then showed a brief animated scene of Yi Yeon running from two men chasing him in the Joseon era, suggesting that the drama had plans for a Season 3 set even further back in the past.

On June 13, tvN confirmed that they were discussing the possibility of a third season of the drama, but stated that nothing had yet been decided.

“We’re leaving all possibilities open, but at present, nothing has yet been set in stone,” said the network.

Are you hoping for a third season of “Tale of the Nine-Tailed”? Stay tuned for further updates!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1593586wpp/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-producers-address-possibility-of-season-3

@backstreetboysfan  the production team asked the actors about their willingness to participate in Season 3 and received positive responses.   :heart2:

img_20230613172714_3d1d5007.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/861370

• Like 1

*** The inconsistent performance of "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938" is not so surprising when one recalls that S1 back in 2020 was not an especially strong performer. Indeed, "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938" had consistently better ratings. It opened with 6.463% on its way to 8.024%. While S1 began with only 5.804% ratings, closing with 5.785% ratings. That would receive any sequel series at all was a bit remarkable in light of these numbers. But the drama had the benefit of a strong fandom.   Lee Dong-wook's best talent is his ability to inhabit multiple genres at once and switching tones at short notice. In this regard, "Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938" was an even more elaborate use of his talents than the original series. His next confirmed project is "The Killer's Shopping Mall" for Disney+. A streaming platform may be the better place for Lee Dong-wook's particular charms.  :Ohboy3:

Watch: Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum, And More Tear Up During Final Filming For “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

Watch: Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum, And More Tear Up During Final Filming For “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has come to a successful close!

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” is a sequel to the hit 2020 drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which told the story of the male gumiho (mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in the present day. In the second season, Yi Yeon unexpectedly found himself back in 1938, and he embarked on an eventful adventure in his quest to return to the present.

The drama recently came to a close on June 11, achieving the highest viewership rating of its run for the finale. On June 13, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” dropped a new making-of video, showcasing the actors on set of the final filming session.

Although Lee Dong Wook and Kim So Yeon initially wrap up filming with smiles, Lee Dong Wook ends up bursting into tears. Similarly, Kim Bum also ends up crying and hugging the director after finishing his scene. The director jokes, “Please film [him crying] a lot.” Kim Bum even delivers handwritten letters to the staff and cast, and Woo Hyun Jin reciprocates with a letter of her own.

In the interview that follows, the cast reflects on their thoughts on finishing the show as well as their chemistry and favorite scenes.

Lee Dong Wook shares, “I have good memories of [filming] Season 1, so I was even more excited for Season 2 because I heard I would be working with the same actors and staff. I was excited, happy, and comfortable. I filmed enjoyably.” Regarding his chemistry with new cast members Kim So Yeon and Ryu Kyung Soo, Lee Dong Wook joked, “Our thousands of years of friendship didn’t betray us.”

Kim So Yeon comments, “While filming ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938,’ I really experienced that it was fun. It was so enjoyable from beginning to end,” adding that her most memorable scene was filming in the mountains with the other two mountain gods from episodes 9 and 10.

Kim Bum tears up as he thanks the cast and crew while sharing, “I was really really happy, and while working together, I was always in a good mood.” He also picks his most memorable scene to be when his character Yi Rang reunites with Lee Dong Wook’s character Yi Yeon.

Ryu Kyung Soo discusses how time flew by, mentioning that he had an enjoyable time and learned a lot while on set. For his most memorable moment, he brings up the scenes with the other mountain gods, adding, “It was warm and also playful, and I was really happy to work with those two.”

After highlighting each of the cast members, Lee Dong Wook wraps up by sharing, “I’m not sure if I will return as Yi Yeon once again or not, but this has been Yi Yeon until now. Thank you.”

Check out the making-of video below!

PS it won't let me post the video sorry, it in the link

https://www.soompi.com/article/1593551wpp/watch-lee-dong-wook-kim-bum-and-more-tear-up-during-final-filming-for-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

*** On June 15, Lee Dong Wook’s Instagram account, which is run by both him and his public relations team, posted an Instagram story that revealed a direct message Kim So Yeon had previously sent. In the message sent on May 29, she adorably thanked Lee Dong Wook for editing her in the photos uploaded to the account.

"Hello, this is Kim So Yeon. Thank you so much for always editing me as well in our photos."

— Kim So Yeon

Apparently, Lee Dong Wook and his team missed her direct message. In the aforementioned story, Lee Dong Wook’s

team thanked her for her sweet message.   :rubchin:

Z8HbqgfAHnW2j-CbBHwefQT-7NISdADeHzEuz55H

*** In its final week on air, tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” swept the No. 2 spot on both rankings on this week’s list of the most buzzworthy dramas and actors. Not only did it take No. 2 on the drama list, but its cast claimed three out of the top 10 spots on this week’s actor list: Lee Dong Wook climbed to No. 2, Kim So Yeon to No. 5, and Ryu Kyung Soo to No. 8.

1. SBS “Dr. Romantic 3”
  2. tvN “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”
  3. JTBC “The Good Bad Mother”
  4. tvN “Delightfully Deceitful”
  5. KBS2 “My Perfect Stranger”
  6. KBS2 “The Real Has Come!”
  7. ENA “Battle for Happiness”
  8. JTBC “King the Land”
  9. KBS2 “Woman in a Veil
  10. tvN “See You in My 19th Life”

Buzzworthy-Drama-Cast-Members.jpg

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. Yoo Yeon Seok (“Dr. Romantic 3”)
  2. Lee Dong Wook (“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”)
  3. Ahn Hyo Seop (“Dr. Romantic 3”) 
  4. Lee Do Hyun (“The Good Bad Mother”)
  5. Kim So Yeon (“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”)
  6. Chun Woo Hee (“Delightfully Deceitful”)
  7. Kim Dong Wook (“Delightfully Deceitful”)
  8. Ryu Kyung Soo (“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”)
  9. Ahn Eun Jin (“The Good Bad Mother”)
  10. Ra Mi Ran (“The Good Bad Mother”)

credit : soompi news

*** Many K-Artists/Actors were at Bruno Mars' 2-day concert recently in Korea held from June 17 to June 18 and I heard that one of them was Lee Dong Wook. Bruno Mars collected the whole K-pop industry. So basically, if you wanted to see all of K-pop, all you had to do was go to a Bruno Mars concert.   :heart3:

*** Lee Dong Wook has only been caught up in a handful of dating rumors over his long career. In fact, he has only had one public relationship. He was confirmed to be dating Suzy in 2018. Sadly, it ended as quickly as it began. Four months later, the pair broke up because of “busy schedules.” It turns out there’s a reason why he hasn’t been spotted with anyone else romantically. His close friend, Kim Bum revealed why during his Cosmopolitan Korea interview. He revealed why it would be hard to date Lee Dong Wook in real life. Kim Bum revealed that Lee Dong Wook has so many schedules that he can’t even make time to see him—let alone make time for dating. For over many years, I noticed that Lee Dong Wook has maintained a consistent schedule of starring in at least one K-Drama a year. That’s not including all of the hosting jobs, brand deals, and advertisements he has on his plate.   :blush:

BUhto__rOxHeMDyTWz-2UhyXZwLv1Q-7azG8gG0C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EBm40cUeFk&t=276s

Soompi & Viki Staff Talk: K-Dramas To Inspire Your Summer Vacation

Summer is in full swing, and it’s the perfect time to take a break and enjoy a vacation! For this edition of the Soompi & Viki Staff Talk series, some of our staff members discuss our favorite dramas that inspire us to embark on a summer getaway.

Read more about our picks below!

Warning: minor spoilers ahead

Winnie: “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God

“Guardian: The Lonely and Great God,” starring Gong Yoo, Kim Go Eun, and Lee Dong Wook, has so many iconic scenes filmed in Korea and outside of the country that continuously attract K-Drama fans to visit. Notably, there is the scene where Ji Eun Tak (Kim Go Eun) first summons Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) that was filmed in Gangwon Province, and the filming location has now become a major photo spot for visitors. In addition, the beautiful scenery of Quebec, Canada is featured quite prominently in the drama. Although the drama is mostly set in winter, the stunning cinematography provides so much inspiration for a getaway during any season!

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news