[Current Drama 2024] The Two Sisters - 피도 눈물도 없이 - Mon to Fri 19:50 KST

0ly40

Let's settle this once and for all  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Would HW be the evil one instead of HJ if HJ had not chosen to follow her mother because of the ‘whisper’ from HW?

• No, HJ is just bad, she will use the abusive stepmother for excuse or something. HW will still be the normal sister with some issues.
    • Yes, the feckless mother and her henpecked husband will turn any child evil.
    • No, the drama has shown us nothing that would indicate HJ was any more or less evil than her sister
    • Yes, her actions since the whisper clearly indicate a pre-existing psychopathic condition that only manifested after the whisper.
    • None of the above / Something else. What?
  2. 2. Will there be more deaths? It’s been a while since someone was killed. (choose as many as you like)

• YC is declining, not as fast as real brain cancer patients, but dying. He is next.
    • They are keeping Chase and Attorney Baek alive so that one of them will die at the end.
    • YC’s sister is next. She can be removed without affecting the story.
    • MIL twin has double crossed too many people, she’s next.
    • San Duel - he's been essentially scene filler material since the writer change - he'll get caught in the crossfire between sisters
    • San Duels Girlfriend - she stole Hye Ji's phone at Hye Won's direction, nations have gone to war for less - she's doomed
    • Sane Aunt - she'll lip off at Hye Ji at the wrong moment, and "poof" ... she's gone
    • The Yoon housekeeper - she helped Hye Ji in the past, but she's probably on Hye Won's payroll - Hye Ji finds out and its time for a new maid.
    • Min Jun - the only level headed/devoted gf in the show, and we can't have her survive, that would be too "warm and fuzzy"
    • None of the above / Someone else. Who?
  3. 3. Will HW go to jail?

• No, the little traps she set for the doctor and her allies were not recorded
    • Yes, for committing BDE to an asylum by manipulating medical reports
    • No, Attorney Baek is kept in the show to play his most important scene, defending HW.
    • Yes she will, together with Chase who has been assisting her.
    • Yes, but only for one or two of her lesser crimes - no more than two years (if that)
    • Something else. What?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/25/2024 at 11:00 AM

16 hours ago, maribella said:

HJ is going to die or go to prison but she won’t be the unrepentant baddie as we have encountered in other shows. HJ will find out the real reason for HW’s ‘lie’  when they split up during the divorce.

I encountered a recent spoiler/theory saying that HJ may die. Which is possible too... she might redeem herself. I feel like the aunt (HW's aunt) is gonna die next.

9 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I encountered a recent spoiler/theory saying that HJ may die. Which is possible too... she might redeem herself. I feel like the aunt (HW's aunt) is gonna die next.

I tried to watch the latest episode raw. Anything could happen.

There were so many of them pulling tricks: MIL twin seems particularly sneaky, the doctor, old Yoon, BDE and her sidekick and team HW which has not changed so far. The last scene was HW being chloroformed and shanghaied somewhere. 
I think BDE and HW are living with the mother in HW’s old home. Where is YG?

Not in the same house with BDE who had kidnapped and brainwashed him? :w00t:

• LOL 1

So ...

- The housekeeper from the hotel where Art MIL collapsed, is terminal and wants to give a deathbed confession, and 6+ years after the fact she know who Hye Won is and how to reach her ... just in time to provide some much need leverage against Hye Ji

tumblr_m04rowcUbh1qeeuh8.gif

- Goofy ML ( A LAWYER ) blackmails the housekeepers daughter to cooperate with Team Good, or they will report death bed housekeeper mom for walking away from a dying woman 6 years prior

- Turns out Art MIL's sister is actually desperate for money and has sided with Team Bad to try and take over YJ group

- Golddigger Mom seems genuinely concerned about her 2 daughters being at war and accurately described Hye Won as cold hearted.

On 5/7/2024 at 5:07 PM, maribella said:

HJ is going to die or go to prison but she won’t be the unrepentant baddie as we have encountered in other shows. HJ will find out the real reason for HW’s ‘lie’  when they split up during the divorce. She and HW will regret their deeds and actions at the end.

HJ already knows about Hye Won's lie - Dad told her before he was hit by the car. 

I do think "originally" they were supposed to make amends at the end but, I have little faith that this is anything more that typical Team Good beats Team Bad in the end. If Hye Ji doesn't go to prison, she will die

On 5/7/2024 at 3:38 AM, maribella said:

The basis of their actions is the hate they have, and we know it’s going to end with onnie, onnie, onnie.

When this drama started I thought the same, not anymore unfortunately.

On 5/7/2024 at 9:31 AM, liyahsbutterfly said:

I don't think they'll reconcile. The writer has eased off on killing characters, but I'm thinking that either HJ or both sisters may die at the end, since it's a tragedy. I don't see a happy ending.

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

I think the writer change really screwed this drama up -

Hye Won is an unlikable heroine. The only time she showed any sort of actual empathy for Hye Ji's plight was in a dream sequence ( episode 38 at about the 22:10 min mark if you're interested ) ... yeah I went back and looked it up :rolleyes:

If she had ever actually approached Hye Ji that way "maybe" it could've made a difference. Maybe it provides the catalyst to finally turn Hye Ji around and yes she goes to jail, but Hye Won is there waiting when she gets out. 

As of now, Hye Won seems to merely want her gone, end of story ... I'm taking the "under" on the 3 x Unnie bet

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

of now, Hye Won seems to merely want her gone, end of story ... I'm taking the "under" on the 3 x Unnie bet

They haven’t killed off YG whom both women desperately love so I still see some chance of HJ sacrificing herself. Maybe she won’t say oennie but HW would regret what she had done.

HJ already knows about Hye Won's lie - Dad told her before he was hit by the car. 

I can see HW hanging on to MIL’s and JC’s deaths,  but why was the born again HJ turned back to BDE? 

Turns out Art MIL's sister is actually desperate for money and has sided with Team Bad to try and take over YJ group

So her reputation for being a wealthy, in demand designer (?) was just talk. :unamused:

• Like 1

Omigoodness! MIL twin revealed her true feelings. HJ was very sympathetic, actually her acting has been good- based on the FFW episodes that I have watched.

But chingus, watch the two guys, they were not surprised or angry or anything, they were listening to MIL twin say her lines, waiting for their turn. :sweat_smile:
I remember the father in MIAV was also doing it - waiting for his queue and I was in stitches. Bad show but oh so funny.

Anyway, I could only watch partly. Completely turned off by the storyline. The doctor confronted YC and more bad acting. 

The end showed HW in prison obviously set up by HJ again and as usual, Chase oppa came to her rescue and there’s HJ’s frustrated look again. I wonder how HW is portrayed as good for the company, she has been set up once too often and if not for her two oppas, the show would end.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

And the twists just keep on coming ...

So it appears not only is Art MIL's sister nearly bankrupt, getting a divorce, she also hated her sister Art MIL.  Apparently, Hye Won's patron saint, was nothing of the kind and actually stole Chairman Romeo from her sister who had him first.

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Okay, not gonna lie, when Art MIL's sister stood their and matter-of-factly laid out exactly why she betrayed Team Good, coupled with Hye Won slack jawed gape in astonishment, for the briefest of moments I thought Hye Won would FINALLY reflect on how she has treated Hye Ji, and we might actually get the warring sisters back together by dramas end ... 

Jimmy Fallon Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

So the cat-and-mouse game continues, Ji Eun's Mom sorta betrays the others when she tries to cut a side deal with Chairman Romeo, she agrees to give him the slush fund bonds back if he gets rid of Hye Won himself.  He refuses, claiming his brush with death has given him new insight so his redemption is all but secured.

17 hours ago, maribella said:

They haven’t killed off YG whom both women desperately love so I still see some chance of HJ sacrificing herself. Maybe she won’t say oennie but HW would regret what she had done.

Yeah, I could see Hye Ji sacrificing herself to save the kid, but I don't see a moments reflection in Hye Won's character, she'd be thankful if her son was saved, but she'd claim Hye Ji deserved it.

I can see HW hanging on to MIL’s and JC’s deaths,  but why was the born again HJ turned back to BDE? 

Blame Hye Won - for 5+ years ( the time jump ) Hye Ji lived a simple decent life, and when she began to regain her memories about who she had been, she reached out to Hye Won for support and sympathy, and Hye Won in a rage fit told her the only reason she'd helped her over the previous 5 years was so she could throw her in jail when she got her memories back - Hye Ji went defensive when she was attacked and her devious self protection side returned first and evil Bae Dun followed soon after.

So her reputation for being a wealthy, in demand designer (?) was just talk

No, that was true, but she was in the process of divorce, and her company was struggling.

2 hours ago, maribella said:

The end showed HW in prison obviously set up by HJ again and as usual, Chase oppa came to her rescue and there’s HJ’s frustrated look again. I wonder how HW is portrayed as good for the company, she has been set up once too often and if not for her two oppas, the show would end.

There was actually a cut scene at YJ Group between Goofy ML's wannabe gf and San Deul's wannabe gf where they see the news on social media, and one says to the other she's not the president anymore, she was fired ... in walks Hye Ji and takes her seat.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

58 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

they see the news on social media, and one says to the other she's not the president anymore, she was fired ... in walks Hye Ji and takes her seat.

But there was a bloodied body on the floor with HW. I think HJ was involved, since she told her two female accomplices earlier, she wanted to speed up her death. 
I think her stint as the President will be very short if the preview is indicative.

Yeah, I could see Hye Ji sacrificing herself to save the kid, but I don't see a moments reflection in Hye Won's character, she'd be thankful if her son was saved, but she'd claim Hye Ji deserved it.

There will be a kumbaya ending of some sort. HW is the main lead, the writer would not leave her without remorse or be unforgiving. HJ now is not only a villain but pulling the villains’ strings. So while she may save YG, she could also be the reason for his situation. Her love was warped. No mother will brainwash her child unless she is crazy. 

she got her memories back - Hye Ji went defensive when she was attacked and her devious self protection side returned first and evil Bae Dun followed soon after.

I think HW will repent, her patron saint per @LeftCoastOppa was sorely flawed.

add: It looks like history repeats itself for HW and HJ, but not fighting over a guy, they only grew up together for 7 years. I haven’t seen a daily where the main character did not forgive everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

But there was a bloodied body on the floor with HW. I think HJ was involved, since she told her two female accomplices earlier, she wanted to speed up her death. 
I think her stint as the President will be very short if the preview is indicative.

True, the death was actually an accident, when they knocked out Hye Won, the housekeeper tried to run, and Hye Ji's henchman grabbed her, she then stabbed him with a pen, and Hye Ji then grabbed her from behind and she fell hitting her head. Clearly it wasn't planned as Hye Ji can't believe shes dead and actually seems shaken by it.

The housekeepers daughter had already been bought off, and they used her to testify that Hye Won kidnapped her mother, thus framing her for the death - the daughter then fled the country

There will be a kumbaya ending of some sort. HW is the main lead, the writer would not leave her without remorse or be unforgiving. HJ now is not only a villain but pulling the villains’ strings. So while she may save YG, she could also be the reason for his situation. Her love was warped. No mother will brainwash her child unless she is crazy. 

Yeah, Hye Won will walk off with Chad Oppa - Maybe Goofy ML and San Duel will get a gf too, but I think its a safe bet that this drama will end with Hye Ji dying - Hye Won ( except for 1 dream sequence ) has been nothing but hateful for 78 straight episodes, so even though the Writer/PD-nim is a story twist master, I don't think there's any way they're going to bring things back together for the sisters in just 22 episodes. 

Or she could just go to prison for 40+ years like Goofy ML was speculating in todays episode. Either way, I don't see any reconciling.

I think HW will repent, her patron saint per @LeftCoastOppa was sorely flawed.

Its not "per" me :huh: ... did you watch without subs or something? She lays it all out to everyone in the room what her sister had done to her, and why she joined forces with Hye Ji.

I haven’t seen a daily where the main character did not forgive everyone.

Third Marriage? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I haven’t seen a daily where the main character did not forgive everyone.

A Bird That Doesn't Cry had the SFL not forgive the FL (who was a villain) if that counts.

I'm hearing a mention of a 2-year sentence, will there be another time-skip?

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Its not "per" me :huh: ... did you watch without subs or something? She lays it all out to everyone in the room what her sister had done to her, and why she joined forces with Hye Ji.

I did watch the part when  MiL twin gave the low-down but I did not get the impression that HW thought her MIL was perfect. The few times I caught her saying she was the mother she never had and the MIL seemed to treat her well too.

But on second thoughts, YC’s interactions with her did not seem like they had any romantic relationship.  Perhaps she was telling the truth and the writer forgot about it. Or maybe she made it up. 

Third Marriage? :rolleyes:

That was difficult to gauge with the idiot FL. When SR’s daughter died, she was going on how bad it must be for SR, when the woman had tried to kill her. 
Anyway, I disagree she did not forgive SR. She told SR to own up to her crime. 
That is demanding justice.

32 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

Bird That Doesn't Cry had the SFL not forgive the FL (who was a villain) if that counts.

I said the FL not forgiving everyone. I don’t count that, but I haven’t seen that show, that sounds different. Evil FL?

Or she could just go to prison for 40+ years like Goofy ML was speculating in todays episode. Either way, I don't see any reconciling.

We could have a poll but I don’t know if too many care. I want to get to the end, just like Elegant Empire.

34 minutes ago, liyahsbutterfly said:

I'm hearing a mention of a 2-year sentence, will there be another time-skip?

For HW? Too little for murder and too long to be on trial, I think.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maribella said:

I did watch the part when  MiL twin gave the low-down but I did not get the impression that HW thought her MIL was perfect. The few times I caught her saying she was the mother she never had and the MIL seemed to treat her well too.

But on second thoughts, YC’s interactions with her did not seem like they had any romantic relationship.  Perhaps she was telling the truth and the writer forgot about it. Or maybe she made it up. 

Perhaps you should curb that FFWDing ... nearly every time Art MIL is mentioned in the drama Hye Won lashes out angrily ... like Day 1 angry when its 5+ years later.  Now, it turns out the woman she was defending against, what Hye Ji had done - taking another womans man - Art MIL was guilty of the same thing.  

15 minutes ago, maribella said:

Anyway, I disagree she did not forgive SR. She told SR to own up to her crime. 
That is demanding justice.

Demanding justice doesn't equal forgive ... nevermind her ex that SR took with her over the edge.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Demanding justice doesn't equal forgive ... nevermind her ex that SR took with her over the edge.

Only Noel seemed to be sad for WJG, or maybe she was taking his pulse. 

The VoiceOver said she was not happy with revenges, it did not say she forgave SR but she was not gloating. That's good enough for me, after what SR put her through.  That's another thread.

I am an experienced FFWer, so I did see twice when HW lashed out over the MIL's death and also JC's. Not because they were saints or perfect people to her but the person whom she blamed for  their deaths is not charged. So now, I don't see her changing her mind about BDE anytime soon, even after what MIL twin recounted, except perhaps with BDE's death. There's a possibility that she will be regretful.

• Like 1

Now we got a birth secret!

Daily Show Reaction GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

Looks like Chairman Romeo & Art MIL's sister had a daughter ... who as the first child in the Yoon line, is now the legitimate heir to YJ Group. 

Just when I thought there was nothing left in this drama that the Writer/PD-nim could twist, they're like ...

Watch This Hold Up GIF by Apple TV+

• LOL 2

35 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Now we got a birth secret!

Looks like Chairman Romeo & Art MIL's sister had a daughter ... who as the first child in the Yoon line, is now the legitimate heir to YJ Group. 

Just when I thought there was nothing left in this drama that the Writer/PD-nim could twist, they're like ...

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!1!!!one!!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2