ahhh, this looks like a great movie!!!!

i've been waiting for another JJH movie, something

that isn't like the "sassy girl" character! and i'm

really glad to see JWS again ^^!!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Production documentary (English-subbed)

mms://wms06.bcst.krn.yahoo.com/c/cine21.com/movie/making/2006/03/daisy_mf_dir_500k.wmv

-------

Hollywood Hits the Sassy Girl Bank Again. 데이지 (Daisy) Remake?

theflower.jpg

That Hollywood loved Jeon Ji-Hyun -- or at least her films -- is something we knew already. Ever since her role in Kwak Jae-Yong's 2001 romcom 엽기적인 그녀 (My Sassy Girl), Hollywood companies have bought remake rights for three of her films, also including the 2000 melodrama 시원애 (Il Mare) and 2004's 내 여자친구를 소개합니다 (Windstruck). Well, now you can add a fourth film to the list: Andrew Lau's 데이지 (Daisy).

The film, whose debut in Korean theaters is a mere week away (press screening should be early next week, expect the usual little report), seems headed for another American remake. Gold Circle of My Big Fat Greek Wedding fame apparently made an offer they couldn't refuse to producers iFilms. Seems like negotiations are in the final stages, and the announcement could be made very soon. iHQ, which is taking care of International Sales, commented that Gold Circle sent a proposal for buying remake rights even without taking a look at the film. It's also possible iHQ will produce this potential remake in collaboration with Gold Circle, which could smoothly accelerate proceedings. 'Daisy' stars Jeon in a love triangle of fire with Jung Woo-Sung and Lee Sung-Jae, and was shot in the Netherlands. It's debuting in theaters on March 9.

The remake of 'Il Mare', a 2000 melodrama by Lee Hyun-Seung starring Jeon and Lee Jung-Jae, will debut in American theaters this June, starring Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves -- title is The Lake House. How original. Guess they'll call this remake The Flower...

[source: Star News]

» Posted by X at 06:18 AM

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005326.html

Guest the.elephant

i am sooooooo watching this!!!!

umm is the movie in korean? or chinese?? hong kong speaks chinese right?? LOL im dumb

i hope it's in korean ....

[movie REVIEW]

'Daisy' depicts tragic love triangle

Daisy," an intricately crafted romantic thriller by the acclaimed Hong Kong director Andrew Lau, revolves around the four meanings of the flower: Innocence, Loyal Love, I'll Never Tell, Purity.

Innocence - Hye-young (Jun Ji-hyun) is a painter living in Amsterdam. Not an ordinary painter, it seems, because she seems prettier than a top-rated supermodel here, thanks largely to the great cinematography spearheaded by director Andrew Lau, known for the "Infernal Affairs" series.

Actress Jun, who was propelled to Asian stardom through "My Sassy Girl" (2001) and "Windstruck" (2004), showcases her typical - and commercially still viable - image. She is portrayed as an innocent girl who lives in a gorgeous, dream-like house where all the gears for painting are ready and a chic transparent coffee maker adds a romantic sentiment.

When she moves out to draw some pictures - be it an open field filled with daisies or an Amsterdam street, Hye-young's innocent image brings back some famous television commercials, especially for luxurious cosmetics.

As far as Jun's fans are concerned, "Daisy" is quite faithful to capturing the captivating eyes of the famous Korean actress. As the movie is targeted at the entire Asian market, the production crew is multinational (Korean, Hong Kong, Japanese and Dutch). But the undeniable focus is obvious: the charm of Jun's innocence - though her undisputed selling-point has been exploited too much and too often.

Loyal Love - Hye-young's outings are not without a company. Park-ui (Jung Woo-sung) is a professional hitman, and though he's Korean, he belongs to a Chinese crime ring.

When he gets a mission to kill a target, he confronts it but the experience is too overwhelming. Holed up in a house, Park-ui happens to notice a beautiful girl walking by regularly, and he simply falls in love with her.

But the professional killer is timid and reserved. As with other killers, he never steps forward. Instead, he stays in the dark, lurking behind the scenes. Yet he observes every move of Hye-young and his affection deepens.

A turning point comes when Hye-young falls off a makeshift wooden bridge, losing her painting bag. Park-ui secretly builds up a new bridge for her. Although she doesn't know who has offered such favor, she leaves one of her paintings as a sign of gratitude.

The relationship starts from that point, but Park-ui never shows up in front of Hye-young. Instead, he delivers daisies at 4:15 p.m. (a symbolic figure since Hye-young's solo exhibition later will be held on April 15) everyday without fail. She's curious, but cannot get a glimpse of the mysterious man.

I'll Never Tell - A twist of fate comes when Jung-woo (Lee Sung-jae) appears. He's a member of Interpol and his mission is to monitor an Asian crime ring. One day, Jung-woo happens to ask Hye-young to draw a portrait with daisies in his hand - a sign that Hye-young falsely believes represents the man who delivers the gift on a daily basis.

Hye-young rapidly shows her affection toward Jung-woo, even though the real man is watching the new development in a nearby house, still hiding. Jung-woo knows he's not the guy, but he decides not to tell the truth - since he also falls in love with the girl.

Meanwhile, the killer is given a new mission that throws the entire plot into a new chapter. Park-ui is also given a chance to reveal his identify and tell Hye-young what has happened, but he chooses not to do so. And Hye-young also goes through a traumatic experience that leads to her silence. All the three characters have something to say, but none of them can speak out.

Purity - The love triangle is juxtaposed with the beautiful landscape of the Netherlands. The Amsterdam streets are also used as a key prop to enhance romantic atmosphere a la television commercials. Jun's image as a girl of purity is also heightened when she falls into a harsh fate of being loved by two men.

As the screenplay is written by Kwak Jae-yong, who directed "My Sassy Girl" and "Windstruck," the plot reflecting Kwak's unchanging taste is largely predictable. The repeated and excessive focus on Jun's trademark images are also not that pure. But it is the director who deserves the credit for saving the film: Andrew Lau has smoothly transformed otherwise a simple love triangle story into something bigger and more complex - and even heartwarming at some points.

The movie will be released in Hong Kong and mainland China on April 13, and in Japan on May 27.

(insight@heraldm.com)

By Yang Sung-jin

Source: http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/data/htm...00603080029.asp

데이지 (Daisy) Press Screening Report

daisypress.jpg

A simple sentence - 죽을레? (Wanna Die?) - and she became a star. Others take decades to reach that position, like Kim Soo-Ro, who got his first leading role after 13 years of great supporting performances, but she did it in one film. Of course Jeon Ji-Hyun had previous acting experiences, but she wasn't the one carrying those films. Debuting as a model in the mid-to-late 90s, she made her debut in the SBS Drama 내 마음을 뺏어봐 (Steal My Heart) alongside Park Shin-Yang, and later played Lee Byung-Heon's little sister in 해피 투게더 (Happy Together). The (quite average) 1999 melodrama 화이트 발렌타인 (White Valentine), again pairing Jeon with Park Shin-Yang, allowed her to debut in Chungmuro, and of course she also starred in the popular 2000 melodrama 시월애 (Il Mare), alongside Lee Jung-Jae.

But two things made her the star she is today: a CF for Samsung MyJet (printer) in which she sported various sexy outfits and danced like a femme fatale, and of course Kwak Jae-Yong's 2001 comedy 엽기적인 그녀 (My Sassy Girl). Adapted from an internet novel, the film marked the return of Director Kwak after almost a decade of absence, and made the young actress and her partner in crime Cha Tae-Hyun big stars, not only in Korea but also in the Chinese market. The film was one of the flagbearers of the 한류 (Korean Wave), which up until then mostly involved TV Dramas, and even attracted interest from Hollywood, which materialized into remake rights for a possible American version.

Of course the biggest problem for stars who make it big very fast is sustaining their popularity. Jeon could have done a dozen films along the lines of 'My Sassy Girl' and she probably would have been successful anyway, especially in Hong Kong and China. But she came back in 2003 with Lee So-Yeon's psychological thriller 4인용 식탁 (The Uninvited) -- her third time working with Park Shin-Yang -- one of the best Korean films of the genre in years. Although still showing shortcomings in terms of range, Jeon transformed herself completely from the hyperactive Sassy Girl to a mess of a young woman, both depressed and suffering from conflicting emotions. Jeon was praised for her acting, but as the film didn't do too well at the box office, she quickly came back to what made her famous: melodramas masked as romcoms. Paired together once again with director Kwak, Jeon starred in 내 여자친구를 소개합니다 (Windstruck), which did well both in Korea and Japan. One of the queens of CF in Korea, alongside Lee Mi-Yeon, Kim Nam-Joo and Go So-Young, Jeon has been in the public eye enough to have the time carefully plan her comeback to the big screen, which is why it took two years to see her back, in Andrew Lau's 데이지 (Daisy).

Although he's better known as a director, Lau actually entered the HK industry in the mid 80s as a director of photography - and quite a good one at that. Some of his works as DP include Wong Kar-Wai's debut 熱血男兒 (As Tears Go By), Ringo Lam's classic 龍虎風雲 (City on Fire) and 1989's 伴我闖天涯 (Wild Search). But Lau has also become one of the most influential directors in Hong Kong through multiple hits: 古惑仔 之 人在江湖 (Young and Dangerous) in the mid 90s started a huge trend towards youth triad films in HK, and 1998's 風雲 雄覇天下 (The Stormriders) hit it huge at the box office. Even with the industry in dire straits, Lau made another 'miracle', combining popular and critical acclaim, with 無間道 (Infernal Affairs), the first of a very successful trilogy. After the domestic hit 頭文字 D (Initial D) -- which released in Korea last week, and flopped pretty badly -- Lau makes his debut as an International director in 'Daisy', and he's just the tip of an iceberg full of Internationally acclaimed staff members. We have Umebayashi Shigeru, responsible for the soundtrack of Wong Kar-Wai's wonderful 花樣年華 (In The Mood For Love); Dion Lam of 無極 (The Promise) takes care of the action (and acts in the film as well); and last but not least Kwak Jae-Yong of 'My Sassy Girl' wrote the script.

The cast is also impressive, as other than Jeon, Jung Woo-Sung and Lee Sung-Jae will play the other two angles in the film's love triangle. Also, the supporting cast features a very familiar face for Korean fans, especially those from the 386 generation: none other than David Chiang, who starred in several Shaw Brothers hits popular in the country during the 70s and 80s. With names like that, it's pretty obvious this film will have the world stage in mind, and not merely Asia, let alone Korea. This also explains the choices in casting. Jeon should take care of the Western and Chinese market, Jung is enjoying his newfound popularity in Japan after the success of 내 머리속의 지우개 (A Moment To Remember), and despite Lee Sung-Jae's lack of hits since 2002's 공공의 적 (Public Enemy), he was certainly brought in for his acting skills. Both the storyline and the overseas locations (The Netherlands) scream Korean Wave like nothing else released this year in Korea has, and that could be a problem, at least in the domestic market.

Of course a melodrama with big stars and a director known for his visual bravura could be enough to make 'Daisy' a big hit in Korea as well, but something tells me this might not be the case. But for that verdict, we'll have to wait until the film's release on March 9. 'Daisy' had its press screening yesterday at the Megabox in Samsung-Dong, present at the premiere director Andrew Lau and stars Jeon Ji-Hyun, Jung Woo-Sung and Lee Sung-Jae. After the film's release in Korea, other Asian countries (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, China, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and more) will be able to see 'Daisy' starting from April. Also, Hollywood's Gold Circle recently purchased rights for an American remake.

=========================

Press Reaction

Reaction was, in some ways, all over the place. Some people liked it a lot, others said it was decidedly vanilla. What seemed to be general consensus is that the story is too traditional and cliched, but the acting and especially directing (at least in terms of visuals) seem to be quite good. Other problems involved slightly hackneyed dialogue, and a bit too much 'Korean Wave' posturing (long, agonizing gazes at the horizon while classical music plays... you know the deal). On the box office front, most commented that the film has enough star power to succeed, especially in the rest of Asia, but it will have a hard time becoming a huge hit in Korea.

Comments

DIRECTOR ANDREW LAU

"I wanted to work with people like Jeon, Jung and Lee for a long time, and working together was a fun and interesting experience. I learned a lot from them, and am very thankful. Before leaving for the Netherlands, I worried a little about the language barrier, but since we all had the same problem, we ended up helping each other. Jung Woo-Sung spoke Chinese pretty well, and Lee Sung-Jae spoke a little English, but Jeon Ji-Hyun showed her English and Chinese skills with ease. I might have been the director, but I found the unique and mysterious colour Jeon gave to her character really appealing. I think the most important thing in this film is the feeling and fate establishing between the characters, their ways of expressing that sentiment and how by repeating different scenes a connection between them is formed. We really had a lot of fun shooting in the Netherlands, and finding new places to eat at every day. I particularly enjoyed the Chinese restaurants in Amsterdam, and it was a relief I could find them."

JEON JI-HYUN

"I really can't speak the two languages that well. Of course a language barrier can always exist, but before meeting Director Lau, watching 'Infernal Affairs' I felt a very strong uneasiness because of its very dynamic and masculine elements. I was worried about approaching the characters' emotions the way he wanted, and about whether he could understand my acting style. Yet, the first time I met him I realized there was no need for language. I can't really draw that well [Jeon plays a painter in the film], but I took lesson to at least look the part. I know myself better than anyone else, and I know I couldn't possibly learn that much in a short time. So I approached those lessons without rushing, and tried my best not to look awkward. One day my teacher told me to draw a tree, and I kept wondering why. He told me later, that it was to find my own tree, the kind of tree only Jeon Ji-Hyun can draw. Since this is the first time I act in a love triangle, trying to find the right way to express those feelings was quite complicated. There were also many changes compared to the original script I read in Korea. The biggest difference between the Netherlands and here was that obviously not many people recognized me, so the people working with me [road manager, coordinator, etc.] might have had it much easier. But then again I kept constantly looking at the phone, as I was always afraid they'd leave me alone."

JUNG WOO-SUNG

"More than anything else, I tried to approach love in a very simple way. There's many feelings you can experience when falling in love, but you always feel a sense of excitement and nervousness when meeting that person, so I tried to focus on that. I knew my English and Chinese skills are not that good, but what I learned working with this crew is that we didn't really need any language. In a way, 'Daisy' became our own language with which we communicated, so it was a very special experience for me. Director Lau is much different from other directors who constantly look at the monitor, as he worked the camera himself [Lau was also DP], and that helped us a lot more when trying to express the feelings he wanted. He's a really relaxed person, without ever feeling distant, and always very warm. I enjoyed working with his tremendously, and even though my Chinese wasn't very good, he kept complimenting me."

Quick Judgment

No Cut News' Lee Chan-Ho

Film Quality: GOOD

Box Office Potential: GOOD

Money Today's Kim Hyun-Rok

Kyunghyang Sports' Choi Jae-Wook

Film Quality: AVERAGE

Box Office Potential: AVERAGE

Segye.com's Ryu Joon-Young

Film Quality: EXCELLENT

Box Office Potential: EXCELLENT

Screen's Park Ji-Young

Pressian's Ahn Jae-Hyung

Herald Economy's Yoon Kyung-Cheol

--

daisy.jpg

데이지 (Daisy)

Director: 劉偉强 (Andrew Lau Wai-Keung)

Writer: 곽재용 (Kwak Jae-Yong)

Cast: 전지현 (Jeon Ji-Hyun), 정우성 (Jung Woo-Sung), 이성재 (Lee Sung-Jae)

Official Website

Produced By: 아이필름 (iFilms)

Distributed By: 아이러브시네마 (I Love Cinema)

Rating: 15 and Over

RELEASE: March 9

Sources

nKino

Film2.0

Yahoo Korea

Star News

Goodday Entertainment

» Posted by X at March 7, 2006 06:58 AM

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/005360.html

Guest xosandy

Update : Mar 8, 2006 KST 14:14

Jun Ji-hyun, Jung Woo-Sung to Visit Japan to Promote 'Daisy'

day_l.jpg

Two leading Korean stars will visit Japan to promote their recent film, a Japanese sports newspaper reported in its internet edition on Wednesday. The Sports Hochi said that Jun Ji-hyun and Jung Woo-sung will come to the island country on March 21 to promote their recent film "Daisy."

The two stars will attend a preview of their film and a press conference during their visit to Japan, which is the first for Jun in about 16 months and for Jung in five months. The visit of the two popular Korean stars is expected to draw much attention in Japan since their previous films became a big hit when they were released in the country, the paper said.

Jun appeared in "My Sassy Girl," and "Windstruck," and Jung in "A Moment to Remember," which drew the most Japanese viewers among Korean films released in Japan.

"Daisy" is a story about a love triangle between an aspiring painter played by Jun, a killer played by Jung and an Interpol agent played by Lee Sung-jae. It will be released in Korea on Thursday.

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...5726_11692.html

Guest xosandy

Daisy

MARCH 10, 2006 02:59

by Seung-Jae Lee (sjda@donga.com)

2006031061438.jpg

Before going into the details of the new movie “Daisy,” one thing to keep in mind is that the film is more or less like your traditional romantic movie.

It’s easy to mistake “Daisy” for an macho, action-packed, destiny-meets-love story, given the incriminating ingredients of director of “Internal Affairs” Andrew Lau, stars like Jun Ji-hyun, Jung Woo-sung, Lee Sung-jae, and a plot that goes as follows: “A conflict between a hitman and an Interpol officer who both fight for one woman’s love.” But the real movie proves to be much different.

The first thing to watch out for in this movie is, as hard as it is to see past the glittering names of A-list celebrities, the name Kwak Jae-yong, who wrote the screenplay. Kwak, who produced “My Sassy Girl” and “Windstruck,” is the person who’s trusted Jun Ji-hyun to come this far. Right here we can deduce two things from this. First, that Jun will still be as pretty as ever, and second, that the love story will be pure, and maybe even prepubescent.

Artist Hye-young (Jun Ji-hyun), who draws portraits on the streets of Amsterdam, receives daisies from an anonymous person daily. Drawing a portrait of that someone in her heart, one day she meets an Interpol officer Jung-woo (Lee Sung-jae). Hye-young is convinced that Jung-woo is the one and falls in love, but Jung-woo hasn’t the heart to tell her that it’s not so. The real secret admirer is a professional hitman by the name of Park-ui (Jung Woo-sung), who loves Hye-young from afar, until he is given a picture of Jung-woo as his next target.

From a visual aspect, “Daisy” does a spectacular job. The moderately romantic yet gloomy atmosphere of the Netherlands painted the fate of the main characters with dark tones. The nervous, high-strung camerawork illustrates the taut and dangerous tension between the characters.

The camera moves from the shoes of Jung-woo to Park-ui, and the visual magic that director Lau conjures up from his first-person viewpoint makes the compassion in all of us surge into the maelstrom that is their destiny.

The problem with Daisy is that although the scenery has a pathetic beauty that is touching, the love is by comparison, weak and translucent.

The movie leads us on with its profound tag line: “He delivers flowers, but he also delivers death.” But behind the grandiose words, their love is not animated enough to be considered fatal or touching at all. The reason why this movie keeps getting more egocentric as it tries to tell their love story is because of the limitations of the original screenplay. We know that they love each other already; we’re just never allowed to know why.

Jun, whose picture-perfect yawning is reminiscent of a commercial, was and is attractive, but she can’t put off the real deal of acting forever. After all, we’ve all seen daisies wilt and wither away when their time comes.

Daisy is playing in theaters now, for ages 15 and up.

http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?...d=2006031061438

Daisies for JEON Ji-hyun

admin_2006310154432_1.jpg

The film Daisy starring the Korean actors JEON Ji-hyun, JUNG Woo-sung and LEE Sung-jae, is released on March 9. The film is directed by Honk Kong director Andrew Lau and shot in the Netherlands.

The story revolves around a love triangle between the three Korean protagonists. JEON plays an artist, and both men fall in love with her. JUNG's profession as a hitman makes him hesitant to expose himself to her. He observes her from a distance and leaves daisies her favorite flower - at JEON's doorstep everyday. JEON mistakes LEE as the mystery man and the two fall in love.

JEON became famous with her role in the film My Sassy Girl, while JUNG starred in Musa and LEE is known for his role in Public Enemy.

Like many of JEON's other films like Il Mare, the remake rights for Daisy have been bought by Hollywood. Production company Gold Circle, which produced the major indie hit My Big Fat Greek Wedding, showed an early interest in remake rights and signed a contract after watching the film at the European Film Market in Berlin.

The American remake of Il Mare is in post production and set for a release in June this year. The title will be The Lake House and the leads are played by Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock.

Daisy is expected to experience serious competition at the box office from other strong March releases such as Bewitching Attraction, The Romance and Almost Love.

Yi Ch'ang-ho (KOFIC)

Source: http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/news/news_view...em=&tmp_cnt=361

Film “Daisy” Draws Largest Audience over Weekend

http://english.kbs.co.kr/entertainment/new...6677_11858.html

Actors Jeon Ji-hyun and Jeong Woo-sung have beaten the recent popularity of historical movies.

“Daisy,” which stars Jeon and Jeong, took the top spot on the weekend box office with 121,891 viewers in Seoul. The film has drawn 605,618 viewers at 381 cinemas nationwide since its opening on March 9.

Directed by Hong Kong director Wai Keung Lau, the movie satisfies viewers’ desire for romantic stories with beautiful scenes and a hint of Hong Kong noir films.

“Eumran-seossaeng” (A Lewd Confucian) drew 2.3 million viewers at 371 cinemas nationwide and came in second on the list.

“The Royal Jester” drew 4,1000 viewers in Seoul alone over the weekend. Its total number of viewers have reached more than 12 million, an all-time record.

“Walk the Line” has attracted 109,600 viewers nationwide since its opening on March 9. Starring actress Reese Witherspoon won the Academy Award for “actress in a leading role.”

The Oscar-nominated film “Brokeback Mountain,” directed by Ang Lee, has been seen by a total of 250,000 movie watchers at 70 cinemas across the nation.

“Underworld 2” has drawn 434,641 viewers and the Korean comic movie “Nadoyeol” 1.82 million nationwide.

“Munich,” directed by Steven Spielberg, has attracted 80,5000 viewers.

Guest hazeline

the offical site has the ost, but how do i download those songs from the site? anyone can help me with it ? thanks =)

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone watch the movie? what's it like? the thread just stop at page 5 ~~

some hong kong fans had watched the premiere 2 days ago, they said its not bad , jung woo sung has the most screen time.

Archived