[movie 2006] Daisy 데이지

Guest jcs

Guest *wenDzie^^*

naynay123 has the korean audio version already..but i can't seem to d/l the subs...can anyone help please? thanks!

i can send u the subtitle if u want, just pm me :)

but i just watched this movie in korean language today

jung woo sung.. such a fine fine man :blush:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished watching this movie earlier...and it was an interesting experience.

It's funny how I like the assassin so much :blush: and kept routing for him...hehe...

In reality...this will never happens... :lol: It must be the JWS effect...hehe...

What kind of bad guy is that...he is so charming...he didn't even look like a bad guy...hehe...I'm not sure if I'll feel the same if the cop and the assassin switch roles. I almost didn't believe what he does for a living...the entire time...he seems like a nice, caring guy. I even have some negative feelings for the cop...hehe...then I realized...I was watching the actors and not the characters. They didn't successfully pull me in...sometimes I see the characters...but most of the time...I see the actors...especially JJH...Before she lost her voice...she was better...after she lost her voice...it was worst...Even when it was most painful for her...I didn't feel pain at all.

But overall...it was not bad...The soundtrack is really great. We can definitely notice the director's style in here. It feels very familiar...it's pretty cool. And the fact that the assassin was observing his lady through the sniper lense was pretty cool...hehe...he shows me true meaning of "target"...hehe...The landscapes are really beautiful...just lovely. And no matter what...I'll watch this for JSW...he looks really great with that haircut :).

Some pictures...mostly JSW :) ...

bscap0166cu.jpg

bscap0183hh.jpg

bscap0316uk.jpg

bscap0377ua.jpg

bscap0481mh.jpg

bscap0662qh.jpg

jung woo sung is downright sexy for any role.. he could play a bum and still look sexy..

Luv, those stills really do capture the sexyness too.. HOT! but i still gotta say that the sexiest assasin for me is ERIC in Bittersweet life, jung woo sung comes in a very close second :P I don't mind looking at two hot assasins(eric & JWS) in a movie tho.. but i think i might get killed ^_^ i'm sure i'd die happy tho.. ^_____________^

Just finished watching this movie like a minute ago and before I comment anything, just wanna say, torrent, your siggy is so adorable! ^_^ hehe..

ok, now about Daisy.

I never thought I'd like any Jeon Ji-hyun drama up until Il-Mare and now, this one.

Been so skeptical about her (I still am, I think...), and like many others here, I think I watched DAISY mostly because of the leading men (Jung Woo Sung & Lee Sung Jae are both fine actors. Loved them in AMTR and A Day)

The storyline is actually rather simple and easy to digest, unlike any other korean movie that I found puzzling at times. While watching Daisy, I did feel almost like I was watching a korean MV rather than a korean movie. With beautiful scenery, artsy cinematography, beautiful casts (hehe JSW is simply hot as an assassin--a goddamn great one too), this movie successfully glued my eyes to the screen, waiting for what'll happen at the end,... what'll happen to the three of them?. Then I started guessing and analyzing, "what happens next? will the bad guy die? (typical ending)... or will the girl die?"

Like Kristy mentioned above, I also found myself rooting for the "bad guy" (assassin) rather than the girl or the good guy.

I ended up justifying all the bad actions as "he has to do this, otherwise he'll die. and I don't want him to die. Please give us a happy ending, somewhat." Haha. :blush:

And it's funny because it contradicts the moral values if it happens real life.

So, perhaps this is what the writer wants the audience to ponder about after watching this movie.

About the soundtrack, even though I don't like the classical music (gives me this weird, creepy feelings), but it's somewhat perfect for this movie. It never crossed my mind that when you mix an assassin-cop "love story" plus fine art and throw in some handsome, fine fine guys (it helps a lot coz of JSW hehehe~~ :P he looks so much better with facial hair :wub: more, manly... ), you can produce such a romantic sad story movie like Daisy. *thumbs-up* B)

Guest i3lu3fun

I've watched the movie few days ago, i know that someone is going to die in the end of the movie,

but i don't expect JJH n LSJ to be dead, because i thought they will end up together. In the end, i guess JWS is the only one that survive but maybe he won't live long enough because of the bad injury.

Well, the movie was not that sad for me to cry over and I wasn't impressed with LSJ performance in this one, because i don't know how he actually fall for JJH, i don't see the "love" emotion from his face. the relationship was just so sudden for me.

What i like from the movie is how JWS send daisy to JJH everyday, at the same time. i think that was really sweet :P And the cinematography was really nice, every scenes were captured beautifully.

Guest IncaStar

hi all,

i watched both the chinese and korean versions of Daisy

needless to say, the three main actors look and feel much more

in to their roles in their mother tongue

somehow they looked like some 'borrowed' faces in their chinese

voices

i like JJH, she's adorable. but in Daisy i don't see that magnetic personae which is supposed to be so attractive;

enough to make the two male leads fall for her in abig way... sorry JJH fans

or is it the fact that this triangle love story happened in a foreign land

amongst three people from the same origin,

which makes love 'just happened'?

you know, the right time, the right place?

still, this movie merits in beautiful vistas and touching music

and last but not least it has JUNG WOO SUNG....:lol:

enough said :)

Well, the movie was not that sad for me to cry over and I wasn't impressed with LSJ performance in this one, because i don't know how he actually fall for JJH, i don't see the "love" emotion from his face. the relationship was just so sudden for me.

Hm, I don't think Jeong-woo is supposed to be 'smitten' by Hye-young.

Or at least, the script didn't intend to make him that way.

And that's why we are not impressed to see his emotion towards Hye-young, and can't even pin-point the beginning point of when he's starting to fall for her (after the house-visit also... perhaps because he knows that she's mistaken him for her 'daisy man'.)

At first he was using her as a 'shield' to spy on his suspects, as he said so himself.

And he knew she has feelings for him, so I think he was kinda playing around a bit, and flirting a bit.

Poor Hye-young, she really thought he was her 'daisy man'.

As for Park Yi (Jung Woo Sung), he's indeed such a sweet man.

He's the type of man who would do anything to make the girl he likes to be happy, even when it's not with him.

He would do literally anything to keep her happy and safe.

It was so painful to see him crying when Hye-young died in his arms.

He was wailing...and in such a deep grief :tears:

Guest xosandy

July 04, 2006

데이지 (Daisy) Director's Cut DVD Up for Preorder

deig.jpg

The Netherlands. A beautiful street painter (Jeon Ji-Hyun), a mysterious killer (Jung Woo-Sung), an Interpol agent (Lee Sung-Jae). That's quite the love triangle, isn't it? But no, this is not the outline of a recent SBS Drama, it's Andrew Lau's directorial debut in Korea, 데이지 (Daisy).

Now, if you analyze this film, you'll either find the glass half empty or half full:

1) The film not only disappointed at the box office, proving that Korean audiences are tired of Korean Wave bait, it was pretty much trashed by critics, for being an exercise in... uh, pretty things. And not much more.

2) Will Kwak Jae-Yong (who wrote this baby) ever get over the fact the world can still work without Jeon Ji-Hyun? Man, there's been many examples of directors having their 'muse', but this takes it to a whole new level.

3) Will Miss Jeon finally take advantage of her screen presence, and star in something a little more challenging?

But then again...

1) The DVD features both the Theatrical version and a Director's Cut. Which could be a good thing.

2) It's Andrew Lau. Not necessarily a great director, but when it comes to making films look good, there aren't too many people on his level.

3) At least the acting was praised.

So make up your mind. The package looks pretty good, and it will be out around the end of the month. Preorder is here.

www.twitchfilm.net

Hm, I don't think Jeong-woo is supposed to be 'smitten' by Hye-young.

Or at least, the script didn't intend to make him that way.

And that's why we are not impressed to see his emotion towards Hye-young, and can't even pin-point the beginning point of when he's starting to fall for her (after the house-visit also... perhaps because he knows that she's mistaken him for her 'daisy man'.)

At first he was using her as a 'shield' to spy on his suspects, as he said so himself.

And he knew she has feelings for him, so I think he was kinda playing around a bit, and flirting a bit.

Poor Hye-young, she really thought he was her 'daisy man'.

As for Park Yi (Jung Woo Sung), he's indeed such a sweet man.

He's the type of man who would do anything to make the girl he likes to be happy, even when it's not with him.

He would do literally anything to keep her happy and safe.

It was so painful to see him crying when Hye-young died in his arms.

He was wailing...and in such a deep grief :tears:

actually.. Hye Young's fate was sealed because of JWS.. and I think, even though he may be sweet, no body wants a dangerous man like that to love them. well both men were jinxing her in a way. JW for causing her the tragedy of losing her voice and JWS for finally getting her killed.

I don't see why its hard for JW to be attracted to Hye Young because I guess she flattered him. By keeping pictures of him and such. She was more smitten to him but I'm sure as he got used to her he would have feelings for her too.

On the other hand, using my rational watching the movie, as hot as JWS was... he came off abit creepy in some ways. He was literally a stalker watching her every move and the way he looked when he got jealous was really scary. And I really think it was his obsession with her that finally killed her, hence the emotional scene in the end. quite sad.

Will Kwak Jae-Yong (who wrote this baby) ever get over the fact the world can still work without Jeon Ji-Hyun?

lol, X cracks me up! :lol:

thanks sandy for that review hehehe.. funny~

Guest torrent

thanks for the compliment ay_link lol.

Well, I wasn't surprised that LSJ "fell" for JJH. He was flattered and from there, he began to have some feelings. I think part of his feelings was because he felt bad for lying to her and using her. But I don't think he really loved her. He cared for her and liked her, but I didn't feel that it was that deep. It was nothing compared to JWS.

To me, the only person who actually loved was JWS. JJH to him was someone that he cannot be. He fell in love with her innocence, beauty, clumsiness, etc. JJH, on the other hand, was curious and thankful towards the Daisy man, and in a way, it felt like she fell for the Daisy man, not JWS or LSJ. It's hard to explain, but yea... She didn't really know the other two chracters that well. They all were hiding something from her. All she knew was that there was someone who was watching over her like a guardian angel and that someone was the first person to show her warmth, love, and happiness.

To me, the only person who actually loved was JWS. JJH to him was someone that he cannot be. He fell in love with her innocence, beauty, clumsiness, etc. JJH, on the other hand, was curious and thankful towards the Daisy man, and in a way, it felt like she fell for the Daisy man, not JWS or LSJ. It's hard to explain, but yea... She didn't really know the other two chracters that well. They all were hiding something from her. All she knew was that there was someone who was watching over her like a guardian angel and that someone was the first person to show her warmth, love, and happiness.

yah *nods in agreement* JJH was in love with the Daisy Man.. but i found it ironic that both men were daisy men haha, cos they seem to like daisies alot.

but how ironic that the daisies in the movie was signifying life contrasting against the black tulips yet the two daisy men are the ones that were fatal to her. so actually, the two men are the black tulips and JJH is the daisy.. there's no daisy men.. haha.

i'm confusing u all rite.. hehe.

Yeah I watched this movie purely for JWS only. I was so busy swooning in the theatre and didn't pay as much details into the movie. Thanks Luv for the caps!

I agree with torrent about JWS being the one who loved in the movie. He is one perfect men (if not for his job) and he is so devoted and sweet to the girl he loves.

Anyway, AG, who's the guy in your avi? looks familiar. Isn't he the one acting as the doctor in Save the last dance for me? He's definitely a cutie.

Guest choccy

aahhhh~~~ i have watched it, n it was damn good! :D

i lyk the place (as it was in amsterdam), d music is perfect, n i can't bare that JUNG WOO SUNG was very cool as an assassin.... but i watched it in chinese voice, i don't very enjoy it (compare wit d real voice). but overall it's an amazing n touching story, which can makes me very curious until the last minutes.... but the negative point is,JJH is pretty (of course), but JJH in here is not very attractive girl who can make that 2 man fall in love in her in very big values..... :blink:

Archived