[Drama 2023] Mean to Be - 하늘의 인연 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

5 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Was there no episode today?.

It wasn't on yesterday (Korea time), because of the Nuri Rocket launch. 

Secretary Na gave a very emotional performance. She almost ran into Kang. The hand that grabbed her was actually a security man's. I am helping y'all over the suspense. :joy:

I am sorry chingus, what did she expect? The man tried to kill HI many times, killed her mother and secretary Na thinks she can keep under the radar. Kept everything to herself, not giving her family a head's up that a murderer is after them?? She almost had a meltdown. She had enough evidence that he knocked her down and drove the taxi down the ravine. He would not think he could get away with everything if she had made a police report. 

What a weird woman.

• LOL 1

I had zipped through the subbed version. Sec. Cha Is a good guy but why do I find her so annoying? 

The subs made her more annoying. She listed out what Kang had tried to do and finally said  that she's had enough. The man's a murderer, you need to flush him out, CJI.Ages ago.

Poor HI/Sol will be alone for many episodes if they die now. 

Maybe she'll go and work for Kang without them knowing each other.

• Like 1

The sad music when SeNa was blaming JinWoo for her feelings was so funny. Are we supposed to feel sorry for her? He made it very clear that he doesn't have any romantic feelings for her. It's embarrassing. 

That fight between the mothers made it so much worse. The fact that they used JinWoo and his need to protect others as a way to baby SeNa is so gross. SeNa's mother is partly responsible for how SeNa feels entitled to JinWoo. They basically raised her to think that he has to come running whenever she wants. 

:headbang: ... if she really wants that, DoHyun is RIGHT THERE!

The cook thinks her prosecutor son shouldn't be running errands for Sena and they got into a tussle. 

Somehow I don't sympathise with her. Your son is an adult, nag him but stop being stupid and risk your job - if you value it. She was fired in the preview I think. 

Surely she knows that her son although a prosecutor will be known as a servant's child too, so that would be a drawback to his career (from other shows).

• Like 3

The Secretary Mom is annoying me. Instead of telling your daughter to quit and allowing your aunt (who hates her) yell at her - how about just tell her the truth. Are we to believe the daughter doesn't remember anything from her youth? I know she was young but I doubt she forgot that someone tried to kill them.  Just say that man is in charge of a big cosmetic company and she should stay away from the industry. 

If nothing else she should tell her husband so that they can be on the same page. Doing it this way is prob going to lead to their downfall. 

The FL will prob blame herself since her wanting to purse her dreams leads Kang Chi Hwan straight to them. 

I really hope Se Na gets dragged by the public, they have been hinting at it for some time. However I do agree that the maid was dumb, she should be yelling at her son not SeNa. She could have just called SeNa and said the son was too sick for this. Also, I get that Do Hyun is in love, but does he is acting like the purse SeNa wanted was a matter of life and death. 

We are at Ep 32, and we know the parents are going to die. My guess is between ep 50-60 ish  we will see the first scene happening with the FL being framed. 

• Like 2

I don't like anyone in this show, perhaps the taxi driver is bearable. 

The cook was all about what a mum would do and his son couldn't care less. She thinks SN looks down on her son to make him do errands. He is flattered that SN asks  for his help urgently. 

Both DY and SN grew up with parents who treated them as if the world revolved around them. They are both selfish. While SN gets away with many things, DY is limited by his mother's lack of money and social status. JW was deprived of his mother then HI that he became a 'good' kid. Or maybe the writer decides that he and HI need to be good people. 

Even with the subs, I am not sympathetic with the cook. She is just a snob in a working class way. I am guessing she was going to hurt herself and so bringing bad publicity to Kang. 

• Like 2

@Thong Thin It's not bad, but it is starting to drag. They've been setting up the major conflict for too long. On one hand, it is nice that we are getting to actually know these characters.... on the other, they haven't introduced a major conflict that would drive the characters. They're all kind of just there and doing their own things. It needs a lot more chaos LOL

17 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

@liyahsbutterfly  @maribella  @CupcakeEonni

Is this daily good to watch ?

As usual, it's patchy. I enjoyed the first 15 or so with the young actors. The grown up ones are not quite to my liking. I don't like any of the characters, the taxi driver is quite ok although he tends to overact in being the understanding dad and husband.

The last few are boring, Just showing how spoilt and conceited SN is, how DY is positioning himself to make himself useful to the Kang family, how considerate and talented HI is .... etc. etc. 

@Thong Thin I think you can drop in and out without losing the story. 

• Like 1

Sec NJI is not just annoying, she is being stupid, or rather stupider. 

People would want to keep their loved ones on alert from dangerous things and people, she wants them to be ignorant. :surprisedwut:

I thought the cook got into trouble but no, they were 'bribing' her. And DY stood by his mother against SN :omg:

He's  a dark horse. We have so many more episodes. I think he's going to do bad things for SN and at the end pay for it. But he will redeem himself and end up with SN.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, maribella said:

As usual, it's patchy. I enjoyed the first 15 or so with the young actors. The grown up ones are not quite to my liking. I don't like any of the characters, the taxi driver is quite ok although he tends to overact in being the understanding dad and husband.

The last few are boring, Just showing how spoilt and conceited SN is, how DY is positioning himself to make himself useful to the Kang family, how considerate and talented HI is .... etc. etc. 

@Thong Thin I think you can drop in and out without losing the story. 

Thanks @liyahsbutterfly  @CupcakeEonni  & @maribella  for the feedback.

Will try to squeeze in. Currently, I'm watching the old dailies - Bravo, My Life & Seoyeong My Daughter.

Have a great weekend, chingus.

• Like 2