[drama 2007] Dal Ja's Spring [달자의 봄]

Guest ovette

wow i know im a bit late on this but just caught odl spring on kbsworld and am totally hooked. within a day i watched over 12 eps and am hungry for more. its a wonder i missed out a guy like lee min ki and am also planning to catch really really like you after odl spring. the progress of the relationship between the 2 lead protagonist has addictive power to want more lol... i laughed so much yesterday that my throat is sore.... the ending of ep 14 kept me gaping and with no preview for ep 15, its making me crazy hyper.gif

hi all

i just want to say that u guys have lots of good analysis going on in this thread.

keep it up!

i'm still trying to figure out some of it...sorry, i'm such a slow learner... :blush: :sweatingbullets:

anw, when TB said he already got his gift..what was it?

am missing something here...

if im not wrong, the gift should be the kiss that dal ja gave him :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest babymarzy07

yup, I concur. that makes the most sense now. 데이트다운 데이트 = date-like date (aka a 'real date')

thnx cafeaulait and dramaok. :) (Dramaok, I first read it as an English loan word as well. that's why I got confused.)

for everyone else, it just means that TB & DJ go on a real date.

and thnx javabeans for clarifying - didn't realize that so many ppl would have misinterpreted our translation of "DJ playing it cool".

about that preview, though... I'm not 100% convinced (although I do think it's a definite possibility) that they slept together (in the biblical sense). of course, they're trying to be elusive about the whole situation - i.e. using the phrase "from that night on" - which of course is their intent. I do think that something had to have happened for DJ to act all of a sudden differently and all coolly towards TB (the 2 of them having sex seems to be the obvious guess). But as far as what that 'something' actually is/was, one can only assume at this point. I just hope it's not one of those "Peculiar Woman, Peculiar Man" (aka The Bizzare Bunch) scenes/situations where the audience doesn't know for sure what happened between the couple until a couple of episodes later, when we find out that the main character is pregnant.

about TB's comment on what DJ was wearing... I understand that from a woman's point-of-view(pov), what he said may have seemed harsh. and to be honest, that was probably my initial reaction as well. however, if you look at it from not so much a woman's perspective, but rather knowing what we know about TB and his background/upbringing, we know that that's not how he meant it. I think we as audience members, since most of us are female, we're so used to seeing everything automatically from a woman's pov that we forget to look at it from the other pov. also, I think creidesca brings up a good point about how TB seems to be used to celebrating his bday on his own, and how this may very well be the 1st time anyone has celebrated with him or done anything special for him. In hindsight, I, too, thought it was odd that neither of his parents even mentioned the fact that it was TB's birthday that day (probably b/c they forgot), let alone call him or cook him "mee yuk gook" even if he wasn't going to be there in person to enjoy it.

thanks to cafeaulait for trying to help me with korean daoon thingie.. much appreciated :) im thinking i sorta get it..something like when mean similar to? correct me pls? n5y17cgirl, i wish it wouldnt be like the bizarre bunch thing! i hated that part of it. hahhaha but since this isnt a daily drama i think maybe they'd be more direct? but who knows in the kdrama world.

you guys, (nsync girl and creidesca) have a good point. and im coming to that same conclusion now. TB must have felt something overwhelming after seeing that bday surprise.. i would have felt that too :)

wow i liked all your discussion and debates! i just hope the video preview is up already..

im sooo curiouse.. did they do it? i dont wanna believe yet that they did, but from the translations, it looks like it. lol

im sad SunJoo pursued the abortion, i was hoping not. many ironies in the drama. SoonAe has a child and doesnt want to lose it to maintain her relationship with her husband. SunJoo has a child but wants to lose it as it will complicate her relationship with SeDo.

Guest bwitched

I've been a huge Goong S fan, and now that I've watched Oh dal Ja's spring, I know why Goong S is having a bad time with their rating. This drama is good..:)

Guest babymarzy07

yeah you got it. i think your korean is getting good. sorry if i confused you. i didn't read the preview at first, so when i first saw 'date da-oon' i mistook it as 'date down'. both are spelled same in korean like 다운. one is the english loan word.

but now that i see 'date daoon date' i see that it was actually 'date-like date'. the korean-origin phrase.

sorry for the distraction.

^

^

i just read this.. :) Lol.. all our understandings are getting better :) cant wait for a video preview so excited.. n5y17cgirl, im planning on enrolling in a hangul class by next month.. finally ^^ hehhee

Guest antinh85

she looks cute with the pink sleepwear ..no wonder TB cant contain himself..

have u guys read this article yet.. i saw it her forum..it's about the bed scene...lolz.......

LEE MIN GEE “A bed scene with a older lady”……….Once more again!

The movie “Good Days to become Flirtatious”….”After Kim Haeh Soo” “Dahl Ja’s Spring” Lee Min Gee unites in the same bedroom scene with Chae Rim………

“One more time like a bedroom scene with an older sister”

Actor Lee Min Gee once more again unfolds a bed scene.

Lee Min Gee did the movie (PD Jahng Moon Eel production eye film) where he filmed a bedroom scene with Kim Haeh Soo…then in the KBS 2TV Wednesday and Thursday mini series (Screenwriter Gahng Uhn Kyoung, PD Lee Jae Sahng) he will also film a bedroom scene this time in the company of Chae Rim………

Lee Min Gee was challenged to film a strong bed scene with Kim Haeh Soo, 15 years his senior…and this time he is challenged to keep company with Chae Rim, who is 6 years his senior and like an older sister, in a bedroom scene………

Lee Min Gee and Chae Rim recently in the mini-series have slowly began developing an affectionate relationship toward each other…they suddenly occur in a bedroom together after they quarrel with each other, like a love quarrel…and in this scene the atmosphere is without an erotic feel, this production plans to represent a cheerful and delightfully fresh bed scene.

Lee Min Gee in during filming of the bed scene he let Kim Haeh Soo be in charge…but in he takes charge in the bed scene and leads the older sister- like Chae Rim during filming of the scene

This is Chae Rim’s first time filming a bed scene, so Lee Min Gee has a little more experience than Chae Rim in this matter. This makes Lee Min Gee take the lead in this scene………

A person close to states “This TV program fully makes the bed scene funny…Chae Rim behaves very embarrassed and confused…even though he is younger than Chae Rim, Lee Min Gee leads the affectionate love in this scene by being fully comical

Lee Min Gee and Chae Rim’s comic bedroom scene…will be filmed on Feb. 9 and broadcast by Feb. 14

By journalist Lee Dong Hun (sportshankook 2007/02/09)

wow i liked all your discussion and debates! i just hope the video preview is up already..

im sooo curiouse.. did they do it? i dont wanna believe yet that they did, but from the translations, it looks like it. lol

im sad SunJoo pursued the abortion, i was hoping not. many ironies in the drama. SoonAe has a child and doesnt want to lose it to maintain her relationship with her husband. SunJoo has a child but wants to lose it as it will complicate her relationship with SeDo.

am hoping that they did not do it...

well, maybe sleep together, yes, cos from my observation, DJ likes to cuddle & be cuddled.

btw, Goong always have a BTS clips after every episode.

but i dun see that in DJS. perhaps they're not releasing it? hmm...

babymarzy07 - i can read & write hangul, but i dunno their meaning... :sweatingbullets::rolleyes:

About the ring. My sister was mentioning how the ring on ODJ's is too big so she wears it on her thumb while the ring on KTB's finger is too small so its only half way. Maybe if they switched rings, it would fit better ^^

what ring?? hahah i missed this part.. they bought rings for each other??

no... I didn't even notice the ring on his finger until my sister mentioned it. I only noticed it on ODJ's thumb. But I think the ring has been on their fingers since before they even met. But its funny how one wears a ring that's too small and one wears one that's too big.

I know I am a bit late into latest eps..but I've just seen ep 11 and 12; and you can't imagine how much I'm in love with the series. I've never felt so happy watching a series.. it's filled with all emotions that a human can experience in his or her life. All the characters shined in their own ways and I can't find the correct words to describe them..because their acts and gestures surprise me every second. Especially Dal Ja and Wee Seon Joo, I love them to death man. Dal Ja, on the surface, looks like the typical korean drama girl who yearns to be loved but in fact, she has her own set of principles in which she is striving to live on. Her monologues are so well expressed - they clearly depict the inner feelings of women in their 30s. I love how this drama breaks the stereotypical settings of korean dramas..Even the male leads, Tae Bong, Eom Ki Joong and Shin Sae Do are eccentric in their own way, definitely not the typical kind of male leads we would normally see in a korean drama. Wee Seon Joo and Dal Ja's boss Kang Shin Ja (the gagama) equally shined in their parts. I loved how the series projected different sides of them, showing us that a person is not just what you see on the outset.

Gah...I can go on but I don't know how to put my words nicely..I suck in giving reviews. But overall, this is currently my favourite series that I am watching at the moment. Dal Ja's Spring is definitely a rara series which encompasses so many educational values in life... Want to learn something about life? Watch Dal Ja.

Have a nice day ppl :)

I'll get back to watching ep 13 and 14 =)

even though he is younger than Chae Rim, Lee Min Gee leads the affectionate love in this scene by being fully comical

Lee Min Gee and Chae Rim’s comic bedroom scene…will be filmed on Feb. 9 and broadcast by Feb. 14

By journalist Lee Dong Hun (sportshankook 2007/02/09)

Lol. I'm a bit confused though that article already made me smile (almost laugh) before I even see the episode.

Now, can someone explain me... how can a bed scene be comic? (and romantic? Lol. I am so confused!) :wacko: I am still trying to figure that one out :P

Guest cafeaulait

lilyphenix: Have you seen Bridget Jones' Diary? When Bridget gets amorous with Hugh Grant's character, she is wearing "granny underwear" (the kind that looks like a corset and holds your stomach in), which mortifies her, but it's still a romantic scene. Also, at the end when Bridget runs after Colin Firth's character in her panties, Colin Firth pulls her under his coat and kisses her, while the people around them exchanged scandalized looks. Funny AND romantic.

In A Good Day for an Affair (the recent movie with Lee Mingi, a.k.a. Taebong), there's apparently a funny bed scene of LMK's character wearing animal-print underwear and fumbling with the woman because he's inexperienced.

Since Dalja is the inexperienced one, I assume her behavior will get the laughs. And maybe one or both of them will be wearing funny underwear (kidding).

---

On an unrelated note, has anyone thought that the name of DJ's company, Handa, is supposed to mean "I'll/We'll do it"?

Guest hikki2me

first time i made a cap so it is not very nice....yet its small... preview episode 15...

bscap0034.jpg

credit: cutiepie^^ for the video of preview episode 15

Guest antinh85

ep15 preview!

mms://vodt.kbs.co.kr/event/2tv/dra_dalja/prev15_m.asf

or

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0wp33c

thanks everyone for the summary translation!

thank you so much i been waiting for it ...heheh looks like she's crawling back from his room??? i thought it was him that was in her room??? someone clear me on this?? ... the date look sweet...hahah can't wait...........

no... I didn't even notice the ring on his finger until my sister mentioned it. I only noticed it on ODJ's thumb. But I think the ring has been on their fingers since before they even met. But its funny how one wears a ring that's too small and one wears one that's too big.

wow..heheh i didn't even pay attention to that either... k directors are so detail oriented huh... so does it mean that they are destined for each other since they both wore the same ring???.. how cute!!!!!!!!!..

now ep so 15 preview.. someone was holding the ring... is it Da ja and tae bong... or someone else??

lilyphenix: Have you seen Bridget Jones' Diary? When Bridget gets amorous with Hugh Grant's character, she is wearing "granny underwear" (the kind that looks like a corset and holds your stomach in), which mortifies her, but it's still a romantic scene. Also, at the end when Bridget runs after Colin Firth's character in her panties, Colin Firth pulls her under his coat and kisses her, while the people around them exchanged scandalized looks. Funny AND romantic.

In A Good Day for an Affair (the recent movie with Lee Mingi, a.k.a. Taebong), there's apparently a funny bed scene of LMK's character wearing animal-print underwear and fumbling with the woman because he's inexperienced.

Since Dalja is the inexperienced one, I assume her behavior will get the laughs. And maybe one or both of them will be wearing funny underwear (kidding).

---

On an unrelated note, has anyone thought that the name of DJ's company, Handa, is supposed to mean "I'll/We'll do it"?

Thank you Cafeaulait, yes I saw Bridget Jones' diary. Funny AND romantic. :) I haven't seen Good Day for an Affair though... yet! :D

I think like you about getting the laugh from DJ. I can't wait to see what she will come up with. :D

Guest babymarzy07

About the ring. My sister was mentioning how the ring on ODJ's is too big so she wears it on her thumb while the ring on KTB's finger is too small so its only half way. Maybe if they switched rings, it would fit better ^^

^

^

many people starting to notice the rings.. i've been wondering about those for the longest time.. i love tb's ring.. funny how they do have those.. they really are the RED STRING COUPLE. in the ep15 preview it looks like dj is holding her ring out to tb? any thoughts? thanks to cutiepie for uploading the preview :) looks like SD and DJ will try to stop SJ who is going through with the abortion.. the date they have seems like fun.. so looking forward to the ep..

---

^

^

that would be loads of laughter if it was anything like bridget jones.. i loved that movie by the way.. it was just the right amount of comedy, romance and conflict.. :) how was a a day for an affair? its a naughty type of comedy? im trying to find a file and subs for it. im wondering though if you can join together a movie that has a file name of cd 1 and cd 2? for the nth time, i cant wait to see the episode! ripgal, that's so true about dalja. it's so realistic and is a reflection of modern society at the same time. im learning a lot from watching it and also im learning other stuff too not so related. :D

Archived