OFFICIAL: ASIANS CELEBS IN HOLLYWOOD!!!!

Guest bubbles20

Guest genn04

Brenda Song (Xiong)

London Tipton, the hotel owner's spoiled daughter,

in Disney Channel's new hit sitcom, "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody."

0245.jpg

Date of birth

27 March 1988

brendasongmag.jpg

Height

5' 1¾" (1.57 m)

010_brendasong_herbiefullyloadedpr.jpg

Mini biography

Brenda Song was born in Carmichael, California on 27th March 1988. Her mother is Thai-American and her father is Hmong. Brenda, her parents, and her younger brothers, Timmy and Nathan, now live in a suburb of Los Angeles.

dgetr.jpg

She stars as London Tipton, the hotel owner's spoiled daughter, in Disney Channel's new hit sitcom, "The Suite Life of Zack & Cody." Having acted since age six, Brenda is already a familiar face to Disney Channel viewers. Before beginning production on the new series, she had a recurring role as the hip and trendy Tia on "Phil of the Future." She also starred in the top-rated Disney Channel Original Movies "Stuck in the Suburbs," the mystery "Get A Clue" with Lindsay Lohan, and "The Ultimate Christmas Present" with Hallee Hirsh and Spencer Breslin.

gawtwer.jpg

Her other television credits include guest starring roles on "That's So Raven," "George Lopez," "The Bernie Mac Show," "7th Heaven," "One On One," "The Nightmare Room," "Judging Amy," "Popular," "Once and Again," and as a panelist on "Small Talk." Brenda also had a starring role on the series "100 Deeds For Eddie McDowd."

twe455.jpg

On the big screen, she starred in "Like Mike" opposite Lil' Bow Wow and Jonathan Lipnicki, and appeared in "Leave It To Beaver" and "Santa With Muscles" starring Hulk Hogan.

Here some photos:

Thegreatestgameeverplayedpremier02.jpg

Thegreatestgameeverplayedpremier01.jpg

Thegreatestgameeverplayedpremier03.jpg

Thegreatestgameeverplayedpremier.jpg

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Em_mie

NINO from ARASHI is currently filming a movie for Clint Eastwood. it's called "Red Sun, Black Sand" and about the Japanese perspective during a battle in WWII. He'll be like the one of two main characters (the other is Ken Watanabe)! i'm going to see it when i comes out in December (even though i hate war movies, just for him)! wheeeee!!!!!!!!

Guest ChouChou

Despite the pics u guys posted, honestly asian in hollywood is like zip and it will continue to be like that. Most of the people aren't well known or even if they were mix asian, it's not a known thing to ppl anyway so its like zero difference. There just isn't enough asians over here for an audience compared to other groups. And everytime they put an asian on, it's like the western pick of it and they choose the ppl they think is the most "asian" if you know what i mean. Like their perspectives are always the same, it shows in every film an asian is in. They never cast any good looking ppl b/c they don't really care to appreciate the better asian beauty.

Everything has to have a market plus the masses aren't that enlightened to be open minded about things anyway so they wouldn't want to see anyother race on TV besides their own, unless it was some kind of overhyped gutter thing they think will spark interest.

That movie Memoirs of a Geisha, goodness its b/c it had provocative elements in it that Hollywood wanted to make it into a movie in the first place. Even tho it is for entertainment, ppl should know movies affect perspective of the avg audience who doesn't distinguish reality from entertainment, thus deepening asian stereotypes of demure women and prostitutes. You guys wonder why asians can't make many breakthrus or even be looked like a normal person is b/c westerners choose to put us in same image over n over n it affects whether ppl are even interested in seeing asians in anything other than immigrant roles.

Maybe one day one of you guys can change that, who knows but for now, its ridiculous to hype up asian celebrities in hollywood b/c there is none, none significant at all. Be real about it.

hey i totally disagree...well agree with some but come on!! give those asians more credit then that! what about lucy lui! shes hekka famous and doesn't really play any stereotypical roles!! like in charlies angels and in ally mcbeal!!! she's goodlooking!! can't think of any immagrant roles she's played!!

an what about sandra oh on grey's anatomy! she's not typically asian at all! she's plays a doctor! not an immagrant or a half naked demure woman/prostitute!

i mean i don't mean to totally trash what you're saying because yeh, some is true. alot of asian girls are just import models/models and play typical kinda roles and guys are all kung fu kinda stuff but that's still hugely popular in the western world. jackie chan/bruce lee they're like worshipped like gods by some for what they do! and zhang ziyi is becoming really popular! yeh her roles are like kung fu [rush hour2/house of flying daggers/crouching tiger...etc etc] and geisha kinda thing but everybody loves her and thinks she's gorgeous and super talented!

OH and takeshi kaneshiro is hugely popular..he was like in E! top 100 most wanted men or something!

so yeh maybe you won't see an asian playing a role like james bond or something but you gotta understand that its a different audience/industry kinda thing. and that asian people in the western ARE appreciated, just for different things!

white people could just as easily rant on about asian entertainment ya know and like white people are always stereotyped in some asian movies as the like stuck up snob or the bad guy ya know. so its just like two different industries/cultures

AND anyone else noticed the recent boom in western remakes of asian films!!

OH and tiger woods is half malay/singaporian!!!! not thai!!! his mum is from singapore i think!

Guest gorjuzghurl

hey ur missing BILLY CRAWFORD! (musician/actor)

i dont know if he's counted but he's BIG in europe!

He's filipino.

Fact: He previously dated Mandy Moore for about 3 months when he was 15 and she was 14.

02.jpg

^^wow...i love billy crawford!! he rocks!! he was my celeb crush when he was younger here in the phils. a total hottie! :blush:

Guest __In Lust`

zhang zhi yi is the most gorgeousss asian in hollywooddd

kristen K. is pretty too.. nto very asian like though

EDIT--

i forgot about brenda song... she's too cute!!!

i wish i looked like her

Guest j'dore*

Dude archie kao was in power rangers

He was the blue ranger from power rangers in space

I thought he was cute&hottt ;]

Haha I didn’t know Keanu reeves was mixed asian

&I didn’t know that Vanessa Minnillo was mixed

&I love Brenda song…

Mad cute&pretty

Hehe ppl took a long time to mention jin…

I love his rappin`

Awww Maddox

He’s always in the papers…so he should count!!

Such a cutie

I love Nicole Scherzinger

I had no idea she was Filipino-Hawaiian-Russian mix

anyhow to lovely style…I guess a lot of ppl already covered this

But I agree w/ you…but even though they’re not really that big of Asians…

You still gotta be there to support them ya know

Who knows what might happen one day

From the looks of it…

There’s a lot more asian ppl in Hollywood than I thought…

Even if they’re mixes hehe

Guest TheTricycle

I like the kid from the "Goonies." lol, at least I know Brenda Song plays the unstereotypical character.

Guest Bi=Oh

yea i guess some ppl still dont know that Keanue Reeves is half chinese. i think he adopted his step father's last name b/c he knows that if he had his fathers asian last name, he wouldnt have a more successful chance to become an actor in hollywood.

^ Really? I'm surprised how some people didn't realise Kristin Kreuk was half actually. To me, the first time i saw her, i knew she was Eurasian instantly. Her complexion, her nose and her eyes in particular. And considering she played a Chinese character in the series Edgemont, you would think she has to look Asian somewhat. I guess that since she's playing a white character in Smallville, they make her appear more Caucasian?

Yeah, when I first saw Kristen Kreuk in Smallville, I knew she was mix because she looks somewhat asian and it turned out that she is mix.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pikachax2713

There's more: ^________^''

Dean Cain

Part Japanese?

dean.jpg

Brandon Lee

i think he's part filipino, not japanese

Guest pikachax2713

!!

Does anyone remember ERNiE REYES?? the grandmaster taekwondo guy! he starred as donatello in the ninja turtles movies that came out .. dunno if any of you guys remember those. and in some other movie too. ah, way before my time i suppose xD.

rundownpre2.jpg

dunno what he is .. but he's asian!

erniereyesjr1.jpg

and his son, Ernie Reyes Jr.! he was in the real-life ninja turtles movies .. and most recently in The Rundown with the Rock and Sean Williams Scott in 2oo3.

and of course, we can't forget the KING of hollywood..

i think he's filipino ^^'' i could be wrong though... he starred in this movie called surf ninjas with rob schneider a really really long time ago... and the people were chanting "mabuhay" [long life, i guess... or live!]

Yeah....Asians are almost always given the "ASIAN role". We'll be nerds, kung-fu ninjas or the quiet wife/friend.

But I just hope that one day, Asians WILL make it. Because this is the second-gen. Before, it was difficult to make it because their English skills were shaky.

But now that a lot of them have grown up in places that aren't Asia, it makes them a bit more acceptable to Hollywood.

Although it does suck that they have to be 'westernized' to make it.

you know what also sucks... filipinos being cast as mexicans, like dante basco in take the lead and the miranda girl in lizzie mcguire. poo

i'm not trying to be all filipino pride... it's just... A LOT of people mistake me for mexican <_<

I head that Pharrell Williams is haf flip. Is that true ?

2002_937537788_pharrel_H180742_L.jpg

to my knowledge, that's true ^^

Guest tis a wonderful life

seriesmagcard.jpg

mark dacascos

born in hawaii

father is malay, spanish, and chinese ancestry

mother is irish and japanese ancestry

guy is hot!!!

Guest cookiecutter

masuimi300.jpg

masuimimax4web.jpg

MASUIMI MAX !!! she's like part korean & some other race.... i think..

damn she's hot...for a fetish model!! :blush:

mark dacascos ish hot!! i love him in the CROW!!!!! <3

Archived