OFFICIAL: ASIANS CELEBS IN HOLLYWOOD!!!!

Guest bubbles20

Guest gwash

in the AMERICAN MUSIC SCENE:

Jason Newsted, bassist of Metallica, is half-Filipino.

Ever heard of the band "MOONPOOLS AND CATERPILLARS"? All of the members are pure Filipino born in the US.

And, the fast rising band "THE SPEAKS", pure Filipino born in the US.

yup.yup. you got it all right!!!.. :)

though, haven't really heard of MOONPOOLS AND CATERPILLARS... oh geesh, proud to be pinoy!..

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SHYlub

HAHA. WHERE ARE THE MEN?

Keanu Reeves

Mix of Chinese, Irish, Portugese, Hawaiian, British, and Canadian.

^WHEW. HOTTIE~!

Keanu_Reeves.jpg

star.jpg

T_KEANU-REEVES-6.gif

keanu_Reeves.jpg

John Cho

Korean

200410200041_00.jpg

3111573.jpg

InterviewJohnChoKalPenn.jpg

GOOOOO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest SHYlub

i would just like to say... wow there are some people who like to richard simmons on the party...

i think that there are many asian actors out there who are put into stereotypical roles

but can't we celebrate the fact that there are asian actors out there?

that now there are more known asian countries rather than china???

i mean it was not that long ago when i was asked if i was chinese or japanese and when i said no to both they asked "what are you?" not where are you from or what is your nationality but WHAT are you??? as if i'm not human if i'm not chinese or japanese... that there aren't any other countries that asian but aren't of these two countries...

there was even a time not even last week where in one day i was asked to translate something in chinese and then asked to translate something in japanese....

HELLO I AM KOREAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont' ask me north or south...

to come away from that ignorance is a HUGE step for Korea and Vietnam to be recognized as more than war countries is a big step.

although for asians it seems that american society is crawling like a turtle with a limp, you just have to be patient.

the fact that korean japanese and other asian movies are making it in cannes are respected enough to be remade is a HUGE HUGE thing....

so instead of getting so down and cynical and bitter.

let's just use this thread to CELEBRATE how many asian are actually in theater... being portrayed as powerful independant and STRONG.

Guest cutysweety

it's Kirk Hammett, bassist of Metallica, who is half-Filipino, not Jason Newsted :)

There's also Dante Basco, Filipino from Take the Lead (Antonio Banderas movie). He was also the one of the kids in the Hook movie (starring Robin Williams)

Guest System1430291513

also TOM CRUISE's grandmother is korean

O______o;; weird. never knew that.

asdlfjasldfjasldfjasdf KEANU REEEVES<3 :ph34r::ph34r:

Guest hunny~bunny

Rick Yune; Karl Yune's older brother, appeared in the film "The Fast and the Furious" and "Die Another Day" - korean

that's all i know that hasn't been mentioned.

yes i browsed through the 16 pages of this thread.

i really dont mind that u sed rick, but i already did say it on page 13. its a pet peeve of mine, wen someone gets something wrong haha

Guest mickys_psychokick

i don't know if anyone mentioned DANTE BASCO?

he's filipino and he's appeared in HOOK w/ robin williams. and he's the voice character for jake in american dragon on disney and the voice of that guy with the burnt face in the avatar on nick

Guest fakelunacy

No one mentioned Lexa Doig. She was in Andromeda as Rommie and she is now in Stargate SG-1 as Dr. Lam. She's pretty.

She's half Filipina and half Scottish (?):

"My mom is Filipina and my dad is, well, a WASP with Scottish ancestry."

sg9-11.jpg

5.jpg

As Dr. Lam. The guy with the beard is her husband who is also in Stargate SG-1. Lucky woman.

10.jpg

On 4400.

credits to http://www.lexaonline.com

No one mentioned Lexa Doig. She was in Andromeda as Rommie and she is now in Stargate SG-1 as Dr. Lam. She's pretty.

She's half Filipina and half Scottish (?):

"My mom is Filipina and my dad is, well, a WASP with Scottish ancestry."

sg9-11.jpg

5.jpg

As Dr. Lam. The guy with the beard is her husband who is also in Stargate SG-1. Lucky woman.

10.jpg

On 4400.

credits to http://www.lexaonline.com

Yup, you bet your butts about that. I think I mentioned this in the Filipino thread.. must have forgotten to post it here.. heehe. ^^

Guest melody

i don't know if anyone mentioned DANTE BASCO?

he's filipino and he's appeared in HOOK w/ robin williams. and he's the voice character for jake in american dragon on disney and the voice of that guy with the burnt face in the avatar on nick

Yeah i believe he's already been mentioned a few pages back..

what about Chad Hugo! One half of the Neptunes and a third of N*E*R*D

(Filipino)

dtop1_1024.jpg

desktop3_1280-1.jpg

Guest tnguyet

Wow! I was shocked when I saw Viet people in the hollywood industry. As a vietnamese person, I sincerely didn't know there were any vietnamese actors/actresses/models in the industry. Yay I'm so happy lol!!

Guest Loser003

haha brenda song doesnt really look korean in the 2nd pic. shees so cute tho. lol.

dang.theres alotta halfies/mixed.

im more proud of the full blooded asians. :P

That's Becuase she's not korean..she's half Thai and half Hmong...

Guest KooZyAnn

wow I cant believe no one mentioned JAY CHOU

Jay%20Chou%20Now.jpg

also TOM CRUISE's grandmother is korean

tom_cruise.jpg

Wait..I don't remember Jay Chou ever being in Hollywood?? Maybe that's why no one mentioned him... O_o

• 2 weeks later...

Archived