[Drama 2023] The Bait/ Decoy ☘️ 미끼 ✦ Jang Keun Suk/ Heo Sung-Tae/ Lee Elijah

kata48

The Bait/ Decoy

Drama: Chronicles of Crime (working & literal title)
Revised romanization: Beomjweui Yeondaegi
Hangul: 미끼
Director: Kim Hong-Sun
Writer: Kim Jin-wook
Network: Coupang Play
Episodes:
Release Date: 27 - 01 - 2023 
Runtime: 20 pm
Language: Korean

Produced: H House Cree Hub, Studio Dragon

Plot:
Ku Do Han (Jang Keun Suk) is a former lawyer, now detective. He chases after the truth behind an unsolved crime that took place in the past through cases that take place in the present. Those he crosses paths with him are enthusiastic Reporter Cheon Na Yeon (Lee Elijah) and a swindler named No Sang Cheon (Heo Sung Tae).

Cast
Jang Keun Suk - Ku Do Han
Heo Sung Tae - No Sang Cheon
Lee Elijah - Cheon Na Yeon
Lee Sung Wook
Park Myung Hoon

Yoo Seong Joo
Oh Yeon A
Lee Won Jong

44690f7712b00fda111becb2caa23c85.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[News] Actor-singer Jang Keun Suk to star in new Coupang Play series 'Chronicles of Crime'
Actor-singer Jang Keun-suk is set to return to the small screen for the first time in four years in a new Coupang Play series titled "Chronicles of Crime" (tentative).

The series is a crime thriller about a detective portrayed by Jang who investigates unsolved crimes. 

Other leads in the series are actor Heo Sung-tae who plays a con man and actor Lee Elijah who plays a reporter. 
Coupang Play announced that the series will begin shooting this year. 

1213d608e5b46dcced58240b646a6692.jpg

Jang went on a hiatus in 2018 after enlisting to serve mandatory military service. He completed his service in July 2020 and has been working as a singer, releasing a Japanese chart-topping EP "Day by Day" in August last year. 

His last on-screen appearances were in tvN's "A Korean Odyssey," SBS's "Switch" and film "Human, Space, Time and Human," all released in 2018.

Jang debuted as an actor in the HBS sitcom "Selling Happiness" in 1997. He is best known for starring in the Korean television dramas "Beethoven Virus" (2008) "You're Beautiful" (2009) "Marry Me, Mary!" (2010) and "Love Rain" (2012). As a singer, Jang released his first EP "Let Me Cry" in 2011. The EP landed in the No. 1 spot on Japan's Oricon single charts and he became the first non-Japanese act to have a debut single land at number one on the chart.

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/08/30/entertainment/television/Korea-Kdrama-Jang-Keunsuk/20220830160649103.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

[News] Jang Keun Suk, Heo Sung Tae, Lee Elijah, And More Confirmed For Crime Thriller By Director Of “Voice” And “The Guest”
Coupang Play has shared photos from the first script reading of director Kim Hong Sun’s new drama!

Director Kim Hong Sun of “Voice,” “The Guest,” and “Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area” is set to return with “Chronicle of Crime” (literal translation)! The new Coupang Play drama is a crime thriller about uncovering the truth behind unsolved past cases through vicious current cases.

“Chronicle of Crime” has officially confirmed their main cast with photos from their first script reading, which was held on August 23. The cast includes Jang Keun Suk, Heo Sung Tae, Lee Elijah, Lee Sung Wook, Lee Seung Joon, Park Myung Hoon, Oh Yeon Ah, Lee Won Jong, and more.

Global star Jang Keun Suk who has been active in films, dramas, and music, will transform into Goo Do Han, a lawyer and special homicide detective. At the reading, Jang Geun Suk displayed excellent synchronization with the character who is only moderately secular and moderately just.

Heo Sung Tae, who has recently appeared in hit projects like “Squid Game,” “Beyond Evil,” and “Hunt,” will star as Noh Sang Cheon, a man who was born to be a scammer. In his specialty villain role, Heo Sung Tae will add vulgarity and meanness to his character to perfectly portray an upgraded image.

Lee Elijah has already showcased her wide acting spectrum through roles in “Fight For My Way,” “Miss Hammurabi,” “The Last Empress,” and “Chief of Staff,” and will now portray the hot-blooded reporter Cheon Na Yeon. The character is always prepared to battle and will be an image that Lee Elijah has yet to showcase.

Stay tuned to see what kind of synergy these actors will have with hit director Kim Hong Sun and how this interesting, refreshing, and realistic crime thriller unfolds. “Chronicle of Crime” will start filming in the second half of the year.

Heo-Sung-Tae-Jang-Keun-Suk-Lee-Elijah-15

https://www.soompi.com/article/1542988wpp/jang-keun-suk-heo-sung-tae-lee-elijah-and-more-confirmed-for-crime-thriller-by-director-of-voice-and-the-guest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

[News] Yoo Seong Joo and Park Myung-hoon will appear in 'Chronicles of Crime' with Jang Keun Suk and Heo Sung Tae, Elijah

Actors Yoo Seong Joo and Park Myung-hoon will appear in 'Chronicles of Crime'.

The Coupang Play series ‘Chronicles of Crime’ (directed by Kim Hong-sun, written by Kim Jin-wook, produced by H House Cree Hub Studio Dragon) is a crime thriller that uncovers the truth of past unsolved cases through the heinous current events. Actors Jang Keun Suk, Heo Sung-tae, and Elijah Lee will appear.

Yoo Seong-joo takes on the role of Park Sang-do, the chief prosecutor of the Central District Prosecutors' Office. Interest is growing in the new face that Yoo Seong Joo will show.

Yoo Seong-joo is a veteran actor who started making his face known as JTBC's 'Sky Castle' in 2018 with the skills he has accumulated on stage for a long time and has continued his ever-changing acting transformation from CRT, screen, and global OTT. In particular, in the Netflix series 'Squid Game' and 'Sea of Silence', he has captured the world's attention with his realistic acting with added detail.

202209021507516310_1_20220902151103687.j

Park Myung-hoon takes on the role of Song Young-jin, who has a special relationship with Born to Be scammer Noh Sang-cheon (Heo Sung-tae). As Park Myung-hoon, who left a strong impression on each work with his acting skills that can feel the solid inner workings, his activities in 'Crime Chronicle' are attracting attention.

Park Myung-hoon is very active in creating strong characters with his deep acting skills in each work. He is an actor who revealed the potential of a luxury actor. He received great acclaim from global audiences for his terrifying performances in the movie ‘Parasite’, and then showed various acting skills in the films ‘Save Me from Evil’, ‘Voice’, ‘Sana-Hee Pure Love’, and ‘Blood of a Policeman’. In particular, Netflix's 'Paper House: Common Economic Zone Part 1' drew the world's attention once again with a hot performance that maximized the duality of the character, and continued to work without a break until the recently released movie 'Limit'.

cre: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000623928

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@kata48, thanks for opening the thread. The cast is good and I like the genre. If they work on the unsolved cases, it is like solving cold cases. I am interested in this drama. Glad to see Lee Elijah again.

Spoiler

A friendly advice.  When you open a thread, please announce it on the Official Threads Directory. That way, we can avoid duplicate threads. I almost open myself the thread but, fortunetly, I saw it by chance.

by lo_ve, September 2, 2022
6 0

Yoo Sung Joo and Park Myung Hoon will join the thriller crime drama "Chronicles of Crime."

On September 2nd, it was confirmed that Yoo Sung Joo and Park Myung Hoon will be added to the cast of the upcoming Coupang Play original series "Chronicles of Crime." The two will work closely with actor Heo Sung Tae's character. 

"Chronicles of Crime" will be about the story of digging the truths from the unsolved cases of the past through the connections with the current brutal events. The series will be the latest work of director Kim Hong Seon ("Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area - Part 1," "Voice," and "The Guest."). It will be produced by  H-House, Creephub, and Studio Dragon.

The upcoming series will be led by  Jang Geun Suk, Heo Sung Tae, Lee Elijah, Lee Seung Wook, Lee Seung Joon, Oh Yeon Ah, and Lee Won Jong.  

Yoo Sung Joo will play the role of Park Sang Do, a senior prosecutor at the Central District Prosecutor's Office. Park Myung Hoon on the other hand will play the role of Song Young Jin, a born-to-be scammer that has a special relationship with Noh Sang Cheon, Heo Sung Tae's character. 

"Chronicles of Crime" will have a total of 12 episodes and it will reportedly premiere in 2023.

XWeqZ_2f.jpg

Both Yoo Sung Joo and Park Myung Hoon are known for playing villain roles. Anticipation is rising about how their characters will affect the story of the upcoming series. 

Yoo Sung Joo is currently starring in the series "Poong, the Joseon Psychiatrist." The upcoming series will be the first drama project of the actor for next year. 

Meanwhile, this drama will be the second upcoming drama of Park Myung Hoon for next year. The actor will also join the new drama "80 Billion Boy." He will also return to the second part "Money Heist: Korea - Joint Economic Area Part 2" which will reportedly air this year. The actor is also booked for several upcoming films such as "Portrait of a Family," "The Limit," "One Win," and "The Owl."

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/yoo-sung-joo-and-park-myung-hoon-confirmed-to-join-chronicles-of-crime

• Like 3

@larus Thanks for your advice, before I find this link, but I can't find it. :)

This is the cakes and gifts from fans CriJ of Jang Keun Suk sent to "Chronicles of Crime" team in first day.

[The support on the first shooting of the drama]
With Eels’ love and sincerity, we sent a cake and rice cakes to the shooting site of the drama.
We’re sure that Actor Jang must have been energized by Eels’ love and support.
Eels~, have a nice weekend! :D

727136be60be520ceaf9f8791540b332.jpg

Spoiler

52330299272_444f0ca9f4.jpg

82f6e934c8da3b90edaff846c246a437.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[News] Jang Keun Suk to make drama comeback for the first time in 4 years through Coupang Play's 'The Chronicles of Crime'
The original "Asia's Prince" Jang Keun Suk will finally make a comeback.
His agency Craft42 Entertainment officially stated, "Jang Keun Suk was cast in Coupang Play's 'The Chronicles of Crime' and has started filming."
'The Chronicles of Crime' is a crime thriller that digs into the truth of past unsolved cases through the heinous current events. The drama will deal with three events, especially through three time zones. Jang Keun Suk, Heo Sung tae, and Lee Elijah are confirmed to play the main characters.

Jang Keun Suk will act as Gu Dohan, a homicide detective turns lawyer uncovering the truth of unsolved cases through the present case.

8a0de2f0728891df2a66a6ac633ef658.jpg

Regarding to his casting in the drama, Jang Keun Suk said, "I waited four and a half years to meet this drama. I'm more excited and nervous than ever," he added, "I'll do my best to create a character that can be a milestone in my life."

Jang Keun Suk warmly concluded his statement by saying, "It's Chuseok Holiday soon, so I hope you spend a warm time with your family during the holiday, and I kindly ask for your interest in the drama 'The Chronicle of Crime'."

cre: https://gstarlive.com/news/27849

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All Things Fall! Bonus: Vote for the most anticipated upcoming dramas   :coolshades:

Chingus! We are back with a new event! It's about all things autumn. Moreover, we got lots of polls for you! Do check it out and let us know your thoughts about your about autumn. :yay:

News Flash • East Amwell Township, NJ • CivicEngage

Re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO Team

@confusedheart @partyon @Sleepy Owl and @agenth

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[K-News] Jang Keun Suk, a smile that snips women's hearts "Bing_goo"
Actor Jang Keun Suk shook women's hearts with 'Binggu'.
On the 5th, Jang Keun Suk posted a picture along with the words "Bing_goo" on his Instagram.

In the published photo, Jang Keun Suk is wearing a white short-sleeved shirt and black pants and smiling broadly. Jang Keun Suk captured the fans' hearts with his 'Binggu Smile', which is characterized by a smile.

71a0eb72ea9ccaf9073a44d6b190c991.jpg

Netizens responded to this, saying, "It's cute. I like it", "It's so cool", "I miss you so much", "I miss you and want to meet you soon", "It's so cool", "Pink suits you well", "I'm looking forward to meeting you later!" ", "Oppa is so pretty," he responded.

Meanwhile, Jang Keun Suk will appear in the Coupang Play series 'Chronicles of Crime'. 'Crime Chronicles' is a crime thriller that uncovers the truth of past unsolved cases through the heinous current events.

cre: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0003093342

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

[News] Jang Keun Suk + fan club 'Cri J' and warm good deeds... A total of 1 billion donations over 10 years
Actor Jang Keun Suk and his official fan club 'Cri J' have been steadily leading the way for 10 years.

According to his agency Craft 42 ENT on the 23rd, Jang Keun Suk's official fan club 'Cri J' held the '10th Jang Keun Suk Birthday Sharing Photo Exhibition' at Gallery Luminari in Seocho-gu, Seoul for two days on the 17th and 18th Sep, and gave warm warmth to people in need.

This photo exhibition consisted of photos taken at the fan club and fan art recruited by fans. Not only that, but he also held an SNS live for fans who could not come to the scene in person.

606d76f187ece78ace42582648b6aef2.jpg

At the Sharing Photo Exhibition, which celebrated its 10th anniversary this year, a total of 160 million won, including 10 million won from Jang Keun Suk's donation, was collected. The money raised will be delivered to childcare facilities Namsanwon, Aesindongsan (support for animal feed), Snail of Love (support for surgery for deaf children), Damwoohoe (surgery for patients with biliary tract obstruction), and Jumong Rehabilitation Center.

Meanwhile, 'Jang Keun Suk's Birthday Sharing Photo Exhibition' is a precedent event hosted by the official FC to celebrate Jang Keun Suk's birthday meaningfully, and has been running for 10 years since 2013. The accumulated donations through the sharing photo exhibition totaled 1,026.2 billion won, and over the past 10 years, they have donated more than 1 billion won to spread good influence.

cr: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=003&aid=0011435668

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

[News] Jang Keun Suk donated 400 million won + more than 100 sponsored children...Seoul Mayor Award
Actor Jang Keun Suk won the Seoul Special Mayor Award in recognition of his high-value sponsorship.
On September 6, World Vision, an international relief and development NGO, announced, “Jang Geun-suk, a major donor, received the Seoul Mayor’s Award at the ‘2022 Seoul Social Welfare Convention’ in commemoration of the 23rd Social Welfare Day organized by the Seoul Social Welfare Council.”

The Seoul Mayor’s Award is a system that selects and awards sponsors, volunteers, workers in welfare facilities, or organizations that practice love for neighbors and become exemplary in society.

Jang Keun-suk, a major sponsor of World Vision, was honored to receive the Seoul Mayor Award in the sponsor category at the 2022 Seoul Social Welfare Convention commemorating the 23rd Social Welfare Day held at Seoul City Hall on the 5th.

a323b953cd42f6bdf62b658cafd0075b.jpg

Since 2009, Jang Keun Suk has been actively participating in donation activities for regions and children in need of help at home and abroad. Sponsorship of medical expenses, especially for energy-poor and crisis children in Korea, he was highly praised for his achievements in supporting educational projects.
Jang Keun Suk said, "Starting with sponsoring 5 children in 2009, I have now formed a relationship with 100 children. As a person who cares about children, I will fulfill my social responsibility and strive to create a healthier society."
Cho Myung-hwan, chairman of World Vision, said, “I sincerely thank actor Jang Keun Suk for his steady interest and good influence for children in need for about 13 years.” He said, "I will try to deliver love to many children well."

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=609&aid=0000625156

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

[News] Jang Keun Suk admires his handsome appearance "My heart is stopping" [Star IN★]
Actor Jang Keun Suk showed off his handsome appearance.

On the 17th, Jang Keun Suk posted a picture on his Instagram.

In the published photo, Jang Keun Suk took a picture wearing a white shirt. Jang Keun Suk captivated fans with his intense eyes and handsome appearance.

52506108655_dc3b0fbb70_z.jpg

In response, netizens commented, "You're shining", "I'm looking forward to the new advertisement", "You're handsome. I wanted to go to the event", "My heartbeat is stopping", "You're so cool", "Wow, crazy. Cool", "Twinkle twinkle", " Awesome", "That's why I've been in love with you for 12 years".

Meanwhile, Jang Keun Suk appears in Coupang Play's new series 'Chronicles of Crime' along with Heo Seong-tae and Lee Elijah. 'Chronicles of Crime' is a story that uncovers the truth of an unsolved case in the past through a heinous current case.

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0003105476

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

[News] 36-year-old Jang Keun Suk. I was wondering what he was doing. Did he become a vampire?
Even a high school student will believe that his skin is smooth, soft and "suffocate"

What have you been doing these days, did you become a vampire?

Jang Keun Suk's surprising recent situation has been revealed.

Recently, cosmetic advertisement videos taken by Jang Keun Suk in Japan are being introduced on YouTube.

In the video, Jang Keun Suk catches his eye while showing off his youthful skin.

Born on September 26, 1987, he is 36 years old in Korean age this year. Even if he plays a high school student, his nice skin is impressive enough to believe.

3b1c5bf3df09792ef08733dfe16e334e.jpg

2022121001000683300087102_20221209201003

Jang Keun Suk, who is active between Korea and Japan, is still enjoying explosive popularity among Japanese female fans, and is showing off his star power in various products including this cosmetic advertisement.

Meanwhile, Jang Keun Suk's next project is Coupang Play 'Chronicles of Crime'. It is a story that uncovers the truth of an unsolved case in the past through a heinous current case, starring actor Heo Sung-tae.

cre: https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=076&aid=0003948879

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...