[Drama 2023] The Good Bad Mother, 나쁜 엄마

larus

Spoiler

Lee Do Hyun And Ra Mi Ran Finally Seek Revenge Against Choi Moo Sung After 35 Years In “The Good Bad Mother”

Lee Do Hyun And Ra Mi Ran Finally Seek Revenge Against Choi Moo Sung After 35 Years In “The Good Bad Mother”

“The Good Bad Mother” has released a batch of stills ahead of its upcoming finale!

JTBC’s “The Good Bad Mother” is a drama about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Lee Do Hyun stars as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self.

Ahead of the drama’s 14th and final episode, “The Good Bad Mother” unveiled a preview of Young Soon trying to uplift her neighbors and Kang Ho’s final court ruling.

Spoilers

In the previous broadcast, Kang Ho set out to find the last piece of evidence needed to catch Woo Byuk Group’s chairman Song Woo Byuk (Choi Moo Sung). In order to help Kang Ho, Mi Joo (Ahn Eun Jin) and Sam Sik (Yoo In Soo) disguised themselves as doctors and snuck in to a hospital. There, they discovered Kang Ho’s former fiancée Ha Young (Hong Bi Ra), who had been confined by her father Oh Tae Soo (Jung Woong In). Believing that Ha Young was a key factor in Kang Ho’s revenge, Mi Joo helped her escape from the hospital. But after leaving the three behind, Kang Ho left viewers confused by seeking out Oh Tae Soo.

The first still captures Kang Ho and Oh Tae Soo, who have moved into the election office to get away from watchful eyes. While Oh Tae Soo’s gaze looks cold and sharp, Kang Ho appears nonchalant and indifferent. In the drama’s episode teaser, Kang Ho told Oh Tae Soo that he had Ha Young and added, “I only have one goal.

Catching chairman Song Woo Byuk,” raising anticipation to see how he will act moving forward.

Lee-Do-Hyun-1.jpeg

In photos from court, Song Woo Byuk is seated as the defendant, just as he was 35 years ago. But a key difference is that Kang Ho now stands in the prosecutor position where corrupt prosecutor Oh Tae Soo once stood. Will Kang Ho be able to reveal the cruel acts of Song Woo Byuk, who led his father Hae Shik (Jo Jin Woong) to an unfair death, and bring peace to his mother Young Soon, who has been waiting decades for this moment?

Lee-Do-Hyun.jpegChoi-Moo-Sung.jpeg

Spoiler

Ahn-Eun-Jin-Ra-Mi-Ran.jpeg

Lastly, Young Soon accepts her cancer diagnosis in high spirits with an extravagant birthday party. At the party, she bravely prepares to bid farewell to her beloved neighbors, who became her and Kang Ho’s family after she lost her husband.

Spoiler

Ra-Mi-Ran.jpeg

The production team of “The Good Bad Mother” shared, “Please watch the final round to see why Kang Ho sought out Tae Soo and whether he will be able to get revenge against Woo Byuk after 35 years.”

The final episode of “The Good Bad Mother” airs on June 8 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1592593wpp/lee-do-hyun-and-ra-mi-ran-finally-seek-revenge-against-choi-moo-sung-after-35-years-in-the-good-bad-mother

• Like 1

A very satisfying ending :fullofhearts:

Finally I can say it's The BEST DRAMA of 2023 :allgoodlol:

It's PERFECT even though I wish the mother's illness was not written .. :criesariver:

but as whole story It was sooooo great really BRAVO:cutekitty:

Drama had good proposition of romance, comedy, and sad moment .. Happy and satisfying ending really :heart1:

Lee DoHyun, Ra MiRan, Ahn EunJin, all casts, director and writer really THANK YOU for made this AMAZING DRAMA love you ALL and I'm sooooo sad that is really the END :byebye2:

BUT I'm always supports you FOREVER :please:

For me this drama is THE BEST drama ever really LOVE IT :heart4:

• Blob 1

by Hazel Jung, June 8, 2023
5 5

WPdynR_2f.jpg

JTBC's Thursday-Friday drama The Good Bad Mother (written by Bae Se Young and directed by Shim Na Yeon) has released stills that heighten anticipation for the remaining story from Jin Young Soon (played by Ra Mi Ran), who sincerely communicates with the Jo Woo Ri family to Choi Kang Ho (played by Lee Do Hyun), stands in court for the final judgment on June 8th.

In the previous episode, Kang Ho embarked on securing the last remaining evidence to capture Song Woo Byeok (played by Choi Moo Sung). Meanwhile, Lee Mi Joo (played by Ahn Eun Jin) and Bang Sam Sik (played by Yoo In Soo) infiltrated the hospital undercover. It was revealed that Oh Ha Young (played by Hong Bi Ra), Kang Ho's ex-fiancée, is also the daughter of Oh Tae Soo (played by Jung Woong In), his captor and a presidential candidate. Lee Mi Joo believed Oh Ha Young would become a decisive factor in Kang Ho's revenge and help her escape from the hospital. Leaving the three of them hiding, Kang Ho went to find Oh Tae Soo. With a greeting of "Please take care of me," Kang Ho shook hands with Oh Tae Soo, intensifying the tension.

In the released photos, the sight of Kang Ho and Oh Tae Soo moving their location to the election office, avoiding people's gaze, captures attention. The contrasting gaze of Oh Tae Soo and Kang Ho's relaxed expression draws interest. In a previous preview, Kang Ho stated, while carrying Oh Ha Young, "I have only one goal, to capture Chairman Song Woo Byeok," leaving uncertainty about whether it was a negotiation or a threat. His intriguing actions arouse curiosity.

In the final episode, Kang Ho directly stands in court against Song Woo Byeok, the 'axis of evil' who murdered his father and ruined his and his mother's lives. The Good Bad Mother production team stated, "Please watch the final round to find out why Kang Ho went to find Oh Tae Soo and whether he can exact revenge against Song Woo Byeok after 35 years." The final episode will air on the 8th at 10:30 PM.

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-good-bad-mother-prosecutor-lee-do-hyun-presents-in-court-for-the-final-judgment

by Lily Alice, June 8, 2023
4 0

The JTBC drama The Good Bad Mother continues its streak of double-digit ratings by scoring an average nationwide viewership of 10.59% for its penultimate episode. As usual, the drama remained the most-watched show on JTBC in its time slot. The show now has only its finale left to air. Hopefully, The Good Bad Mother will end on a high note. 

qYQ7V2_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama The Good Bad Mother?

Episode 14 of The Good Bad Mother will air on June 8 (Thursday). The K-drama streams on Netflix for international fans. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-good-bad-mother-continues-to-lead-with-double-digit-ratings

Here are the ratings for Episode 14 *last Episode*! :).

“The Good Bad Mother” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Any Wednesday-Thursday Drama In JTBC History

“The Good Bad Mother” Ends On Highest Ratings Of Any Wednesday-Thursday Drama In JTBC History

JTBC’s “The Good Bad Mother” has gone out on a high note!

On June 8, the popular drama achieved the highest viewership ratings of its entire run for its series finale.

According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of “The Good Bad Mother” scored an average nationwide rating of 12.0 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

Not only did “The Good Bad Mother” successfully remain first place in its time slot across all channels, but it also set a new record for the highest ratings achieved by any Wednesday-Thursday drama in JTBC history.

“The Good Bad Mother” also reached a new all-time high among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom the series finale earned an average rating of 4.3 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1592759wpp/the-good-bad-mother-ends-on-highest-ratings-of-any-wednesday-thursday-drama-in-jtbc-history

The Good Bad Mother: Episodes 13-14 (Final)

by lovepark

Before they reach their happy ending, our mother and son pair have a few more tasks to finish. Thankfully, this time around they have friends and family to rely on, and for once, the world seems like a hopeful place filled with second chances. While not all wounds can be healed, our characters find happiness within their tumultuous journey as they learn to love and be loved.

EPISODES 13-14

The reconciliation between Young-soon and Kang-ho happened prior so the show could wrap up its loose threads, but in the end, everything still leads back to their relationship. While the revenge takes a good portion of these last two episodes, the closure it brings not only helps Kang-ho move on but Young-soon, as well.

After locating his old boss, Kang-ho learns the truth about the night he sent the mistress away. He originally planned for a ship to smuggle her out of the country, but Tae-soo’s men got to them first. With nowhere to escape, the mistress jumped off the boat with her baby.

Meanwhile, Mi-joo and Sam-shik continue their rogue investigation and steal some disguises from the hospital laundry room. Pretending to be a doctor, Mi-joo slips past the guards and comes face-to-face with Ha-young. She tells the latter that they need to stop Tae-soo and offers her a chance for redemption. Ha-young scoffs at her lofty ambitions since no one will help them, but Mi-joo replies, “There is one person, Choi Kang-ho.”

Successfully convincing Ha-young to switch sides, Mi-joo breaks her free with the help of Sam-shik, and outside, Kang-ho waits for them with their getaway vehicle. They manage to escape the guards, but any hope for anonymity is out the window since the van has Sam-shik’s name plastered all over it.

Unable to return home, Sam-shik takes the group to the safest (and most dangerous) place he can think of: his debt collector’s hideout. As expected, the debt collector scowls at Sam-shik’s appearance sans cash, but his tune changes when Kang-ho plays the prosecutor card. He rescinds all of Sam-shik’s debts and allows the group to stay at his “home” indefinitely.

As the group settles in, Ha-young chats with Kang-ho for the first time since his accident and confirms with him that he always loved Mi-joo. From the doorway, Mi-joo overhears their conversation and locks eyes with Kang-ho. Their silence speaks volumes, and they no longer hide nor deny their feelings for each other.

With Ha-young on their team, all Kang-ho needs now is evidence to bring down Woo-byeok, so he takes off to continue his quest. As he leaves, Mi-joo chases after him and reminds him of the promise to marry him once he saved her a third time. She says that their children fulfilled that condition and tells him to come back to them once all this is over. He gives her a peck on the forehead before heading out, but Mi-joo yells at him, asking if her lips were too far down. Smiling, Kang-ho returns and gives her a proper kiss.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/06/the-good-bad-mother-episodes-13-14-final/

Pin on Gif

NEW EVENT!

Quick Poll - A K-Drama Addict's Guide to Popular Korean Words and Phrases!

So how many words have you picked up since you started watching K-dramas?  Find out by taking a short quiz. Vote for the words you are inadverently using in your daily conversation with your non K-drama watching chingus and driving them crazy. Let us know how you fared. :happydance:

re: Your friendly neighbourhood EO team :innocent:

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth and @Sleepy Owl

by Hazel Jung, June 17, 2023

vXvWLq_2f.jpg

On the 12th, Lee Do Hyun held a round interview at a venue in Gangnam, Seoul, to commemorate the end of the JTBC drama The Good Bad Mother. He met with reporters and discussed various topics related to his work, career, values, and more.

"Before filming The Good Bad Mother, I had little time to transition between projects when one ended, and the next began. However, The Good Bad Mother concluded with pre-production, and since then, I haven't taken on any projects, allowing me to have unique experiences. With newfound leisure, I enjoy watching my works and letting go of the character Kang Ho."
x4v2Lw_2f.jpg

As Lee Do Hyun mentioned, he has never had a long break. He is one of the hardworking male actors in his late 20s who works tirelessly. He debuted in 2017 with the tvN drama Prison Playbook and gradually gained recognition through JTBC's Thirty But Seventeen, Clean with Passion for Now, and the 2019 tvN drama Hotel Del Luna.

Since then, he has been continuously active, starring in JTBC's 18 Again, the Netflix series Sweet Home, KBS's Youth of May, tvN's Melancholia, and this year's Netflix series The Glory and the drama The Good Bad Mother. Regarding his driving force to work so diligently, Lee Do Hyun mentioned his "parents."

"My parents have worked very hard, and it hasn't been long since they retired. For 20 years, they worked to fulfill my dream. Growing up, while witnessing their dedication, I became addicted to work. However, because it's enjoyable, I continue with a mindset of constantly taking on new challenges, roles, and professions and meeting new people. This work is precious and brings happiness."

Among the male actors in their 20s in Korea, Lee Do Hyun stands out with his unique charm and outstanding acting skills. However, he still feels awkward receiving praise and believes he has much to improve.
As Lee Do Hyun approaches his 30s, what changes and challenges await in his acting career? While displaying confidence in "being capable of anything," he also revealed his humility by stating that he still lacks a lot.

"I want to do so many things, and I'm confident. I rarely say to my friends, 'I don't think I can do it.' I tend to believe that things will work out as I say them. So, I try it anyway, no matter what project I'm given. We can only discover whether something will break through trial and error."
As Lee Do Hyun approaches his 30s, what changes and challenges await in his acting career? While displaying confidence in "being capable of anything," he also revealed his humility by stating that he still lacks a lot.

"I want to do so many things, and I'm confident. I rarely say to my friends, 'I don't think I can do it.' I tend to believe that things will work out as I say them. So, I try it anyway, no matter what project I'm given. We can only discover whether something will break through trial and error."

Apologies if this has already been posted but the blu-ray request for The Good/Bad Mother is underway. Please check this link to get the details in cafe daum: :piggydance:

회원님 앞으로 [aliu0204]님의 다음카페 [JTBC 드라마 나쁜엄마 Blu-ray 추진 카페] 초대장이 도착했어요.
http://kko.to/Om9LvxInmi

Thanks in advance!

Yoo In Soo Picks His “The Good Bad Mother” Ideal Type, Teases His Character In “The Uncanny Counter 2,” And More

Jun 24, 2023
by S. Cho
20230624144843_Yoo-In-Soo-2-1.jpeg?s=900

Yoo In Soo has talked about his latest projects in a new interview!

After playing a villain in zombie drama “All Of Us Are Dead,” Yoo In Soo showed off his bright charms in tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” series before recently starring in JTBC’s “The Good Bad Mother.”

Following the recent conclusion of “The Good Bad Mother,” Yoo In Soo sat with Ilgan Sports to discuss the drama, share behind-the-scenes stories, and tease his upcoming project.

“The Good Bad Mother” is a drama about a woman who must return to her motherly duties after her adult son unexpectedly becomes like a young child again. Lee Do Hyun stars as Kang Ho, a prominent prosecutor who has a fraught relationship with his mother Young Soon (Ra Mi Ran)—until he loses his memory in an accident and unexpectedly reverts to his seven-year-old self. The drama’s June 8 finale aired to an average nationwide rating of 12.0 percent, recording a personal best and scoring the highest ratings for any Wednesday-Thursday drama in JTBC history.

Yoo In Soo starred as Sam Sik, who grew up with Kang Ho and has always had a one-sided crush on their childhood friend Mi Joo (Ahn Eun Jin). After decades of being in love with Mi Joo, Sam Sik eventually falls for Kang Ho’s ex-fiancée Ha Young (Hong Bi Ra). The actor explained, “In the beginning stages of filming, the director asked whether my ideal type was Mi Joo or Ha Young, so I said it was Ha Young and it actually turned out like that. I don’t know if it’s because [Sam Sik] has known Mi Joo since they were young, but she was like a friend.”

Yoo-In-Soo-4.jpeg

In 2019, Yoo In Soo appeared in “Moment of Eighteen” where he first worked with “The Good Bad Mother” producing director (PD) Shim Na Yeon. The actor revealed that the PD asked him to create Sam Sik in a way where he was cute and likeable despite only choosing to act in troublesome ways. He added, “Sam Sik is someone with high self-esteem who accepts and is cheerful in every situation.”

Yoo In Soo elaborated, “The center of the narrative revolved around Young Soon and Kang Ho and had a very heavy story. I was in charge of relieving that atmosphere. To be honest, I had a lot of concerns. I thought again and again about whether I’d interrupt the emotions being led well by my talented seniors, and how to create a unique presence for Sam Sik within that.”

Despite only being 26 years old in real life, Yoo In Soo took on the role of 35-year-old Sam Sik. On how he overcame this age gap, he shared, “Even if my current self turned 35, I thought I’d be the same. I instead tried to bring out the character’s bright vibe and melt that into the role.” He then joked with a laugh, “As he had gained quite a bit of weight, I figure that Sam Sik’s good looks played a part in his charm.”

Yoo-In-Soo-3.jpeg

Elaborating on his personal approach to acting, Yoo In Soo revealed, “Some actors say they embody their characters, but I act while hiding behind my character. As everyone does, I have a variety of sides but when I was acting as Sam Sik, I had him out front and tried to condense just his bright image. I’m not the type to joke around in every moment and I also get serious and fall into contemplation, so I tried to minimize those sides.”

Yoo In Soo added while laughing, “My MBTI [Myers-Briggs Type Indicator] is E [extroverted] so I tend to show a bright image in front of others, but after watching the broadcast, my mom asked me, ‘How are you acting exactly as you act at home?'”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1596087wpp/yoo-in-soo-picks-his-the-good-bad-mother-ideal-type-teases-his-character-in-the-uncanny-counter-2-and-more