[Drama 2022-2023] Vengeance of the Bride - 태풍의 신부 - Mon to Fri 7:50 - 8:30 KST

0ly40

2 hours ago, youngae said:
2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Is there a translated version of the chart?

No, but it is very clear, there are arrows of husband -wife, sons and daughters, love one sided (one arrow)or mutual. (One line with arrows on both sides). It is good I found even a Korean one :) I have been looking for it for long.

I think SB loved Park Hana's mom onesidedly. Also the evil twin loves SD one sidedly, SD loves park Hana one sidedly. There are arrows between SB and his wife, a branching arrow connecting to TP

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Was there an episode today?.

No

Regarding the bloody scenes, why did I suddenly remember Lady Macbeth saying "Yet who would have the thought the old man to have so much blood in him?”

:hushed:

• Like 8

It looks like BR's mum has another daughter, or stepdaughter. 

It's a very long time for her to have amnesia, even for kdrama. I think it's going to be many more episodes before the revenge starts.  BR is upbeat and perky just like HS in Witch's game. 

I hope TaePoong is better here. His character was quite awful in Dear Heaven.  I prefer SD for BR, then she can go full blast on the awful family. 
Twenty years later, the old woman is still alive. That's good, it makes the revenge sweeter.

edit: I voted BR's mum died but if she has another daughter, she must be alive. 30 years of amnesia, maybe selective :smile:

• Like 7

The drama is starting to be less gory, I guess

I watched episode 1 on KBSWORLD, I deduced few points, BS lived in the same neighborhood as Baram's dad. BM's mom didn't die because the document of developing the cream has to appear later on, so she has a significant role to play.

@Lmangla I agree with you about haelmoni putting a blanket on the dead man so easily, without flinching :D

She is hilarious actually lols. Her reaction is completely illogical.

Preview 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

She is hilarious actually lols. Her reaction is completely illogical.

The actress has had fewer scary scenes in her works maybe. 
Korean actors seem to handle tearful and emotional scenes well, but very few acted well in looking scared scenes. 

The body count is now just BR's father and Yoon.

SY is alive and does not have amnesia, uses her own name. 
BR's mother has another daughter who is linked to TP in this episode.

BD is an absolute scum, takes after her father. After 20 years, the two meet. BR realises who they are when Mrs Kang walks in.

There are a lot of similarities between the FLs of TVOB and WG. Both are perky and upbeat despite going through hardships. HS is more so than BR. Both have spiteful, despical enemies. Both have missing mum and dad. Both of their romantic interests are big guys who have lived in the US. Two old women meddled in their lives. Quite a list :blink:

• Like 5

17 hours ago, maribella said:

It looks like BR's mum has another daughter, or stepdaughter. 

I looked up the word 외동 딸 (the line connecting Seoyun/Baram's mom and the other woman: it means "only daughter"????

found this in wikipedia

actress Ji Soo-won: as Seo Yoon-hee (Jeong Mo-yeon) - Seo-yeon's biological mother, representative of Shoe Brand S Group. Hong Joey's mother.
actress Baekrin:as  Hong Joey - Moyeon's only daughter and TV reporter

Another line connecting SY/Baram with a friend 버팀목이자 (supporter)

actress Choi Young-wan: as Bae Soon-young - Seo-yeon's real sister-like support and important helper, mother of 딸기 Ttalgi .

• Like 4

As much as I’m excited for the first episode in the present time, I literally laughed at SY coming back but literally has the same name AND boyfriend from Red Shoes lol. Did anyone else notice this? And then BD getting yelled at by her corporate father for messing up again? That’s just Second Husband but at least this time she is his real daughter this time lol. Oh also is the guest at the beginning HB’s actress from Red Shoes? This is literally a reunion of those two dramas.

Will they make this a ultra big epic revenge with everyone coming back alive barring BR’s father? That would be pretty cool. This drama is off to a great second week start!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, perfectmouse said:

And then BD getting yelled at by her corporate father for messing up again? That’s just Second Husband but at least this time she is his real daughter this time lol. 

I thought this too! Why on earth do these dramas have to make it so that the "snotty" daughter is always bad at/looked over at her job? She really doesn't care that she could destroy an entire factory and dozens of families just to save face with her loser father. It's the same as Second Husband and I'm really not into it. It's so frustrating that it keeps being used as a motive for them being terrible. 

With Kang throwing stuff around and taking tantrums in the office, how has he not been overthrown? One leak to the press about him and netizens would shred him to bits. I don't like the way he talks. I feel like he's always yelling and I want to mute my TV when he's on screen.

AND... her face cream is infused with what? Magic? I think she's on the wrong daily. She needs to head over to Witch's Game so that there is a real witch on that show. 

9 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I looked up the word 외동 딸 (the line connecting Seoyun/Baram's mom and the other woman: it means "only daughter"????

found this in wikipedia

actress Ji Soo-won: as Seo Yoon-hee (Jeong Mo-yeon) - Seo-yeon's biological mother, representative of Shoe Brand S Group. Hong Joey's mother.
actress Baekrin:as  Hong Joey - Moyeon's only daughter and TV reporter

Another line connecting SY/Baram with a friend 버팀목이자 (supporter)

actress Choi Young-wan: as Bae Soon-young - Seo-yeon's real sister-like support and important helper, mother of 딸기 Ttalgi .

Let's hope it's all a big mistake.

Otherwise, it would not make any sense. The old woman did take her baby and swap her with the dead twin. So BR's birth mother is a certainty. 

Who is Ttalgi?

• Like 5

I am really liking this drama. The characters seem to fit. I like the pacing. It does give “The Second Husband” vibes. I can get pass that. I don’t think they spend too long on courtship since it’s about her marrying into the family for revenge. 

Part of thinks that the dead twin is not really dead but alive. The doctor was pretty drunk I wouldn’t trust his judgment due to the amount of alcohol coming out of his pores when he was delivering the babies. What if BR’s bio mom was actually raising the supposed dead twin?

• Like 6

2 hours ago, youngae said:

pores when he was delivering the babies. What if BR’s bio mom was actually raising the supposed dead twin?

There has to be a dead baby because Kang's wife said they threw the baby's ashes somewhere. Would the doctor or someone produce a dead baby from somewhere?

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

Well six episodes in and I'm sold -

- Not only is Auntie Soon Young still alive, the trash man Bong-Pil is actually Uncle Tae-Gil from Red Shoes! ... and thats fricken AWESOME!  Mon Amio! :heart:

- Baek San certainly doesn't treat his daughter like his daughter at work.

- So why were Seo Yeon/Ba Ram & her co-worker wearing wired ear pieces in the salon? :huh:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2