English title: The Legend of Zhuohua
Genre: Historical, Romance, Fantasy

Director: Wen De Guang
Screenwriter: Wang Hong
Producer: Li Er Yun, Wang Ying, Cui Chang
Episodes: 40
Broadcast network: Tencent
Broadcast period: Aug 19, 2023 - Sep 13, 2023

Note: Adapted from a novel 曾风流 (ceng feng liu)

Cast:

Jing Tian as Mu Zhuohua
Feng Shao Feng as Liu Yan
Wang Li Kun as Princess Rou Jia
Zhou Yi Ran as Liu Chen
Xu Hai Qiao as Shen Jinghong
Ye Sheng Jia as Zhi Jian
Yang Zhi Wen as Guo Juli
Zhao Huan Ran as Liu Yu
Zhang Mian Chen (张冕宸) as Liu Jin
Wang Jun Bi (王俊笔) as Man Er
Zhan Yu as Zhi Mo

Synopsis:

It tells the love story of a woman who overcomes many trials to become a female official and a general who has weathered many hardships in his road to victory. Despite being an illegitimate daughter, Mu Zhuo Hua breaks away from the path of traditional women during her time as she escapes from her own wedding and enters the capital to seek a position as a female official. In her journey, she meets Liu Yan, a man known as the god of war. He may have been defeated in battlefield but he does not waver in his resolve as he endures hardships to avenge his grievances. The two may have started out trying to use each other for their own purposes, but eventually join hands in their mission to better the nation, creating a world, where women can also enter the court as officials.

credit: MDL, Dramawiki

Trailer:

OST:

Spoiler

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, YouTube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse @SC2019

• 8 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] The Legend of Zhuohua 灼灼风流, premieres Aug 19, starring Jing Tian & Feng Shao Feng

Hi everyone, I've started the drama just to check how it is , and now after 3 episodes I'm hooked with the plot and characters. This may be a "hidden jem" if it continues the same way. 

:eats2:

There are however several things that make me a bit uncomfortable.  First is the overdubbing. The dubbing actor's voice for ML is IMO way too low. I understand that they wanted to create a certain vibe, but I personally need time to get over it))). And for FL it's even harder for me since I can clearly hear Bai Fengjiu:crazymad:.

The second thing is the possible ending. I wonder if those who read the novel could tell me if it has any perspective for a HE. So far I can hardly see any HE for ML or for the leads as a couple in general. I just got myself out of Mysterious Lotus Casebook and honestly am not ready for another emotional roller-coaster to end badly or some ending simular to for example Novoland: Pearl Exlipse. It's just too much for me right now. 

A little update). Watched all the available episodes- 14.

The leads look very good together and I enjoy their scenes very much. It's def a slow burn, which is really hard to execute, but the creators managed it beautifully. Looking forward to new episodes to see the progress). 

Already suspect some people to shift to evil behavior. Seems like as soon as smth happens with the Emperor the whole family will blow up. 

Very happy to see Xu Haiqiao in a decent role, although that "prince knot" hair styling is definitely not for him - he looks way better with loose hair and/or a bang. Love his character's attitude towards FL, like a real big brother. Not sure his love interest will get him to a good place though. 

This ain't a bad watch LoL. Am just not a fan of ml eheh. Heard many rumours of his marital woes with his ex - actress Zhao Li Ying. Though apparently he's tryin' to salvage their relationship, maybe for sake of their son?

Anyways, fl is the typical bubbly but spunky lass in these genres. Though I rarely see her so smiley in her characters LoL. Her previous roles she has always been aloof and chic.

Yi Ran is the very petulant, judgy first prince here LoL. He shows his forehead which was interesting as most times he hides behind this bowlcut with bangs LoL.

Right now ml, fl are slowly developing feelings for e.o. with ml fallin' hard. Fl is oblivious for now. I like the Princess too. There are many sexist remarks which were off putting. 

19 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

This ain't a bad watch

Hi, great to hear you're enjoying the drama as I do). 

ml fallin' hard

Ohh, Lord Ding is very straightforward with his feelings already, hehe). I absolutely love that he is vocal asking all the right questions))).

I like the Princess too.

I like the character as well. I can feel her inner dissatisfaction with her status as a princess without any real power. I think we are to see her true colors soon.

I'm also not sure what to think of her suitor - the best scholar - as well. Xu Haiqiao's last roles were all bad complicated guys,  so I'm really suspicious of him. 

20 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Yi Ran is the very petulant, judgy first prince here LoL. He shows his forehead which was interesting as most times he hides behind this bowlcut with bangs LoL.

It's my understanding he is a popular/famous guy? Bcs everyone mentions him at every thread related to the drama. I seem to be the only one not familiar with him, hehe).

20 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

There are many sexist remarks which were off putting. 

I suppose that in general it's just a part of any drama related to the issues of gender equality. 

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] The Legend of Zhuohua 灼灼风流, premieres Aug 19, starring Jing Tian & Feng Shao Feng
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just finished the drama. I'm very happy I found the novel and read it while watching. Althought I still enjoied the drama a lot, the novel itself is much more complete and tsome characters are a bit different. After watching the drama I'ld say I give it a strong 9. Very happy with acting ability of the main cast, they were able to create very enjoyable characters. 

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2023] The Legend of Zhuohua 灼灼风流