[Mainland Chinese Drama 2023 & 2024] Lost You Forever 长相思 S1 & S2

SC2019

On 7/4/2024 at 6:12 PM, ElleSor said:

I am still rooting for the introverted sexy fox and the female lead.

I have forgotten how the novel ended so bear with me.

You made me lol with delight! 
Good taste is all I can say! 

I have waited one year for S2... I really can't wait!! Hope they drop more eps on the first day!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

On 7/4/2024 at 6:12 PM, ElleSor said:

I am still rooting for the introverted sexy fox and the female lead. I have forgotten how the novel ended so bear with me.

@ElleSor  Same goes for me.

19 hours ago, chicha said:

You made me lol with delight! Good taste is all I can say! I have waited one year for S2... I really can't wait!! Hope they drop more eps on the first day!

@chicha  Aha.  Glad to see another  Ye Shi Qi / Tu Shan Jing's Fan

On 6/5/2024 at 12:00 PM, omiki said:

@hush puppy  Now is a good time to rewatch Season 1, say an average of 1 or 2 episodes per day, which will make it just in time for the start of Season 2. Shall we watch it together, and post our comments as we go along? All are welcome to join 

@omiki   I'm disappointed that you did not do it.  We may be in different camps.  But a discussion is still a discussion.

On 6/30/2024 at 6:39 AM, QSD said:

I have been wondering why Soompi doesn’t have many active posters in any threads for some years now as opposed to Mydramalist or Reddit. 

@QSD  IMO Soompi Viewers are less adventurous.  There are quite a no of good C-Dramas but nobody here is watching them.  I am not sure if I will join the discussion here.

• Like 3

I get the feeling Soompi viewers maybe more into Kdramas? 
I myself have still been watching Kdramas but I eventually stopped coming to soompi forums to chat.
I do miss everyone getting excited over new episodes... Hopefully we can have a nice time here!:issohappy:

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I am more for discussion of the Plot and Characters.  Not so much for OST or Clips. 

What would you like to talk about? I love talking nonstop about LYF lol 

I just realized that apparently I still like this character build for nearly 10 years... ?!

Taek - richest boy in Ssangmun-dong, Great in Baduk, Quiet and thoughtful, GREAT KISSER
Tushan Jing - richest man in Dahuang, Great in deity's chess ( whatever that is ), Quiet and thoughtful, GREAT KISSER 

:Megalol:

7 hours ago, chicha said:

What would you like to talk about? I love talking nonstop about LYF lol . I  just realized that apparently I still like this character build for nearly 10 years... ?!

Taek - richest boy in Ssangmun-dong, Great in Baduk, Quiet and thoughtful, GREAT KISSER
Tushan Jing - richest man in Dahuang, Great in deity's chess ( whatever that is ), Quiet and thoughtful, GREAT KISSER 

You can discuss anything.  E.g.  Why do you like Ye Shi Qi & Tu Shan Jing?   Do you agree when people say Tu Shan Jing is so "Dull" and "Has No B_LLs" ?

You are welcomed to visit my Forum on "Deng Wei" under "Global Celebrities".

I am not a fan of K-Drama or K-Pop

39 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

You can discuss anything.  E.g.  Why do you like Ye Shi Qi & Tu Shan Jing?   Do you agree when people say Tu Shan Jing is so "Dull" and "Has No B_LLs" ?

You are welcomed to visit my Forum on "Deng Wei" under "Global Celebrities".

I am not a fan of K-Drama or K-Pop

OH wonderful a fellow diamond!! LOL I will surely visit that thread soon!

well I actually love Ye Shiqi and Tushan Jing before I liked the actor Dengwei, so he is very special to me! 
As for why, there is so much to say... let me organize my thoughts... this forum is so quiet I am almost afraid to be like... talking to myself like Xiaoyao LOOOL What if I drive you all to hit your head on rocks!! 

Also I will fight anyone who try to slander such a wonderful character!  :onfirex:

• LOL 2

Besides Ye Shi Qi & Tu Shan Jing, we can also discuss anything and anybody in general - in a respectable and logical manner.  

Season Or Part 1 Ends with a Cliffhanger :

Zhang Xuan became the new Black Emperor of Xiyan

Tu Shan Jing 

Actually his Puppet married the schemer Fang Feng Yi Ying.  Tu Shan Jing never attended his Own Marriage.  So technically, he is Not Married to FFYY.  On the Wedding Night, he was drowning his sorrow atop the  Chen Rong Mountain overlooking his Family Home and Central Plains.  Holding close the "Fragrance Sachet" Xiao Yao had given to him in Qingshui Town.

And then "Hey Presto!", the Sachet broke.  And out poured a bunch of Red Seeds.  At that moment, Tu Shan Jing finally believe that Xiao Liu had loved him.

From my understanding of the story, Xiao Liu already had the idea of staying with Tu Shan Jing forever, even before he asked for the 15-year promise.  Because he was her Ye Shi Qi. 

Xiao Liu made the "Sachet" for Tu Shan Jing after her conversation with the lady from the Brothel, Sang Tian'er.  Sang Tian'er said something like "If you want to protect yourself from being hurt, then you will be blocking away your own Happiness at the same time".   

Xiao Liu's face lights up instantly.  She thanked her and immediately went to make that "Sachet" for Tu Shan Jing.  But the appearance of Fang Feng Yi Ying made her "Falters" again.  

Edited to add this Paragraph :

Later she was forced by Xuan to go to meet her "father", the Emperor of Hao Ling.  She did not want to involve Tu Shan Jing. So she tried to distant herself from him.  She asked Xiang Liu for help instead. But Xiang Liu could not respond immediately.  So she still had to go to Tu Shan Jing  in the end.  (To me that is Fate.   Xiang Liu's fans mistakenly jumped to the conclusion, that here Xiao Liu think of Xiang Liu first. No. Truth is, Xiao Liu always want to protect Tu Shan Jing.  So in times of Danger, she will distant herself from him.  You are only Protective of someone if you truly love him.  Just like A Mother Protecting Her Children)

The "Flower Language" of a bunch of Red Flowers is the "Heart of Love - Pure and Passionate". If a woman gives it to a man, it means that she wants to have a love-relationship with him.  Seeds represent Germination!

A bunch of red seeds add up to the budding love. :heart:

From this Metaphor alone,  I was Never In Doubt that Xiao Yao's One True Love is Tu Shan Jing

When they were in Qingshui Town, Xiaoyao's feelings towards him were already different.  But she tends to falter, advance and retreat.

It's a pity that Tu Shan Jing realised it too late.

He hated himself for not trying his best to break off the engagement by any means necessary.

He hated himself for not being on guard against his relatives.

At this moment, he seemed to have lost all his strength.  His emotions were extremely low and out of control.  The eight levels of heartache were not enough to describe his Pain.

It was a kind of despair towards life.  A kind of pessimism towards the world.  He wished he could die immediately.

But he could not bear to leave his lover.  Even if he never gets her again.

He also wanted to look at Xiaoyao a few more times.  Even if it's just watching her from a distance.

Under such extreme pain, his  hair  turned  white   overnight.

I have to praise Deng Wei.  He brought Jing - the Paper Man to life!

just_DengWeiD's tweet photo. 😭 Baby……………… Seriously Deng Wei’s eyes really portray emotions so well I WANNA PROTECC  #Dengwei #邓为 #เติ้งเหวย #LostYouForeverS2 #长相思2 #ห้วงคำนึงดวงใจนิรันดร์2 https://t.co/oYO0eDSwl1

Part 2 should see :

1) Zhang Xuan consolidating his Power by acquiring more "concubines" and getting an Influential Empress.  And in the process, getting further and further away from Xiao Yao.

2) As for Tu Shan Jing, we will see him concentrating on his Family or Clan's Business, to forget his Sorrow.  Living a Bachelor's Life, and keeping Xiao Yao in the depth of his Heart. :heartbreak:

The fates of 3) Xiang Liu and 4) Feng Long are quite predictable.

On 7/6/2024 at 6:16 PM, chicha said:

well I actually love Ye Shiqi and Tushan Jing before I liked the actor Dengwei, so he is very special to me! 

@chicha   Like you, I also appreciate and "fell-in-Love" with Ye Shi Qi & Tu Shan Jing first before I do - Deng Wei.  Before that, I do not know who is Deng Wei. 

His "Wonderful Performance" makes me look up the Actor - Deng Wei.

for_DengW's tweet photo. Clean Ver.  #เติ้งเหวย #Dengwei #邓为 https://t.co/98bE2I7Jlh

Edited on 7 July 2024

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Hi ! my first time here. I’m a fan of LYF!! (I loved DW’s portrayal of Shiqi/Jing so much that I read the novel and eventually I fell in love with DW as well 🤭) S2 will start in a couple days so I hope we can have good discussions here :waves:

Even though Tushan Jing is not the main male lead of Lost You Forever, but as the female lead's love interest, he seems to possess all the tropes of the Kdrama male leads.

His character setting:
Tushan Jing is a genius. He is gifted, talented, great at literally everything, except how to woo girls  deal with women.
He didn't know how to read Xiaoyao - but granted she is a hard book to read since she is always hiding her true feelings from him ; he didn't know how to get Fangfeng Yiying to break off the engagement from her side so he could take the blame and spare her reputation ; he didn't know have enough time to convince his grandmother that marrying the princess will not be detrimental for their clan because times are changing.

The only problem with Tushan Jing: he is too successful at hiding himself in the background like how he casts his illusions.
He pulls the strings so subtly that everyone forgets he is the one moving things along. Not only the characters in the story but even outside the drama, some of the audience tend to forget he was getting things done.

His meet-cute with Xiaoyao:
The female lead will rescue him in the 'poor (wo)man saves rich man in distress' trope.
Thankfully Tushan Jing did not have the usual amnesia trope and he was also the first to realize Xiaoliu was in fact a woman, needing no episodes wasted on angst.

The kdrama Ep10-14 arc
We have the real identity reveals, which is epic because not only Tushan Jing is almost Dahuang royalty, his girl is actual royalty x2; then we get the jealous moments, the making-up, the sweet sweet kisses... 
Of course not forgetting this usually overlaps with the set-up arc, complete with unsupportive and disapproving family... 

And now we are in the inevitable breakup arc
Set up by his own beloved family, besieged on all sides, plot twist when Tushan Jing looks to Xiaoyao she was outside the pit looking in rather than by his side... OUCH... 

Can't wait for S2, the get-back-together and let's-fight-for-our-love arc!
Back to saving each others' lives :heart4:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, chicha said:

Even though Tushan Jing is not the main male lead of Lost You Forever, but as the female lead's love interest, he seems to possess all the tropes of the Kdrama male leads.

His character setting:
Tushan Jing is a genius. He is gifted, talented, great at literally everything, except how to woo girls  deal with women.
He didn't know how to read Xiaoyao - but granted she is a hard book to read since she is always hiding her true feelings from him ; he didn't know how to get Fangfeng Yiying to break off the engagement from her side so he could take the blame and spare her reputation ; he didn't know have enough time to convince his grandmother that marrying the princess will not be detrimental for their clan because times are changing.

The only problem with Tushan Jing: he is too successful at hiding himself in the background like how he casts his illusions.
He pulls the strings so subtly that everyone forgets he is the one moving things along. Not only the characters in the story but even outside the drama, some of the audience tend to forget he was getting things done.

The female lead will rescue him in the 'poor (wo)man saves rich man in distress' trope.
Thankfully Tushan Jing did not have the usual amnesia trope and he was also the first to realize Xiaoliu was in fact a woman, needing no episodes wasted on angst.

The kdrama Ep10-14 arc
We have the real identity reveals, which is epic because not only Tushan Jing is almost Dahuang royalty, his girl is actual royalty x2; then we get the jealous moments, the making-up, the sweet sweet kisses... 
Of course not forgetting this usually overlaps with the set-up arc, complete with unsupportive and disapproving family... 

And now we are in the inevitable breakup arc
Set up by his own beloved family, besieged on all sides, plot twist when Tushan Jing looks to Xiaoyao she was outside the pit looking in rather than by his side... OUCH... 

Can't wait for S2, the get-back-together and let's-fight-for-our-love arc!
Back to saving each others' lives :heart4:

Yes, he’s really the mastermind pulling the strings at the back, but people don’t realize it. Plus, like in the drama we don’t get to ‘see’ the things he does but we hear it from others how great he once was at his prime and how smart he is. 

I’m soo looking forward to this get back together and fight for our love arc 💖

Hiiiiii welcome to the fans who just arrived!
I haven't been to soompi forums in a long time myself... looking forward to fun chats with everyone here! 

:issohappy:

• LOL 1

22 hours ago, Synsessa said:

Hi ! my first time here. I’m a fan of LYF!! (I loved DW’s portrayal of Shiqi/Jing so much that I read the novel and eventually I fell in love with DW as well 🤭) S2 will start in a couple days so I hope we can have good discussions here 

6 hours ago, AestheticFairy91 said:

Hi. New member here..

Tomorrow LYF S2...time to see my yaojing babies. Im super excited... looking forward to discuss with u all here

A Big Welcome to @Synsessa   and  @AestheticFairy91.   I'm sure the Discussion will be more interesting with both your Presence !

• Like 2

On 7/7/2024 at 12:37 AM, chicha said:

His character setting:

The kdrama Ep10-14 arc

On 7/7/2024 at 9:27 AM, Synsessa said:

Yes, he’s really the mastermind pulling the strings at the back, but people don’t realize it. Plus, like in the drama we don’t get to ‘see’ the things he does but we hear it from others how great he once was at his prime and how smart he is. 

I love both your analysis on Tu Shan Jing.  Tomorrow is "The Day".  So we only have today to round up Season 1 Or Part 1.  Let me add my perspective on Tu Shan Jing.

Tu Shan Jing :

Most viewers tend to Misunderstand him, because he is such a Low-Keyed and Reflective Person.  They dislike him for being: so Dull, no B_lls, etc...  Because most of us want to be "Pampered".  To have the "Story Clearly Told To Us".  We do not like to "Decipher" for ourselves.  So whoever and whatever we do not understand, we will Dislike. And we want Excitement!!  For me, Tu Shan Jing is the Most Complicated Character among the 4 Male Leads.

1) Low-Keyed & Foresight :

- He does Not blow his Trumpet.  He is willing to let another person takes the Credits for his Genius Ideas. (E.g. Feng Long for persuading Xuan to come to Central Plains to launch his Strategy to the Throne. "Reason: Times have changed.  The Power is no longer with Xiyan alone".  Only Tu Shan Jing has the Foresight to perceive that.  Xuan and his Grandfather, the Yellow Emperor, failed to see that.  Which is why they fought the Shennong Remnant Army for so many years and still failed to unite all the Provinces)

2) Not Revengeful :

- Xiao Yao is prepared to "arrow" his uncle for Xuan.

- Xuan is prepared to use everyone, including Xiao Yao, for the Throne.

- Xiang Liu is prepared to kill countless people for the Shennong Army.

Tu Shan Jing is different.

He is someone who takes a Bird's Eye View of things.  And then makes a Decision which is the Best for all.  Even if it is to his Disadvantage.  

- The decision not to take Revenge on his older half-brother. 

- The decision to accede to his Granny's order to take over as the Clan Leader.

- The decision to let go of Xiao Yao and marry FFYYing.

(If Tu Shan Jing had insisted on leaving FFYY to marry Xiao Yao, will they live happily after? I do not think so.  Society will ostracise them.  Especially during those eras. Xiao Yao will be accused of being an Immoral Third Party. It will affect her Reputation as a Princess Royal.  Will Tu Shan Jing still be able to command respect as a Clan Leader ?  Here I blame Xiao Yao for not informing Tu Shan Jing about FFYYing's assassination attempt on Xuan with the Arrow.  If she had, Tu Shan Jing will be more wary about FFYYing.  And not be so lenient with her)  

Do you think it is Less Painful for him?  No.  He is the one who Hurts the Most.  But he is always so Selfless.  Which is why, it is so Painful to watch him did what he did.

3) Does Tu Shan Jing Loves Xiao Yao Less ? :

Of course not.  Why did Tu Shan Jing guides Xuan to shift his Strategy to Central Plains?  To "Protect" Xiao Yao of course.  

While Xiao Yao and Xuan were in the Central Plains, Tu Shan Jing had his assistant keeps a close tab on them.  Not because he is Possessive.  But because he is Protective of her.  He had them saved a few times.  Otherwise Xuan would have long been Dead. 

He knows Xuan and Xiao Yao are very close.  If Xuan becomes the next Emperor, Xiao Yao will be safe.  So he sacrificed his Ancestral Vow of never  interfering with Politics to keep the Central Plains "independent and safe".  To me, this is a Big Decision.  He is going against his Granny, Clans and Ancestors.  Who says he does not have "B _ LLS"?

4) Is Tu Shan Jing All Sweet And Silly ? :

Only when he is with Xiao Yao.  That is the character he assumes when he is with Xiao Yao.

To the world, Tu Shan Jing is "unparalleled in Wisdom and Strategy".  

In Xiang Liu's eyes, Tu Shan Jing is not an honest man. 

Xuan told the Hao Ling Emperor, that he cannot see through and cannot hold it with Tu Shan Jing.

Most of us viewers are Ladies.  So we tend to see the Tu Shan Jing in front of Xiao Yao :  Silly and Weak

5) Tu Shan Jing Is A Favored Child :

After the attempt by his older half-brother (goaded by the 5th & 7th Princes of Xiyan) to get rid of him, the only way Tu Shan Jing can survive and be happy, is to Abandon his Original Identity and live as Ye Shi Qi with Xiao Yao in Seclusion. (The same goes for Xiao Yao.  She will be happier, if she had not returned to Hao Ling and to her identity as a Princess).

Tu Shan Jing understands and is ever willing to do this.  He is someone who can see through the World for what it is.  And he has the Magnanimity to "Let Go".

6) Only Tu Shan Jing Puts Xiao Yao As His Top Priority :

- Yes. Xuan has suffered.  But his Single Goal is to get the Throne.

- Yes. Xiang Liu has suffered.  But his Single Goal is to give his Life to his saviour.

They do not have to consider too much.  And they will not put Xiao Yao as their First Priority.  Only Tu Shan Jing is willing to do that.  He is willing to Give Up Everything For Her.  So why should he not deserves Xiao Yao's Love ?

7) Tu Shan Jing was brought up as A Gentleman.  Like what @chicha has said.  He is a Gifted Talent in Painting, Music and Literature.  People comes from all over the Land just to see his Painting.  Or to hear him play the Guqing.  He is someone who uses his Head.  Not his Brawn.  

So you cannot expect him to fight like Xuan or Xiang Liu.  He has his own Qualities and Way of doing things.  That is why He Is Tu Shan Jing !!

Together, let us  look forward to tomorrow - 8 July 2024.   The number of reservations for "Lost You Forever Part 2" on the website has exceeded  9 Millions.  This is a phenomenal entertainment event !

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

18 July :  Tan Jian Chee, Deng Wei and Zhang Wan Yi

19 July : Tan Jian Chee, Yang Yang

Hi! So we will probably have a "cardboard FL" again, hehe... :eats2:

Very glad we finally got to this point and s2 is coming. Given recent unfortunate trend,  we should thank the actors for not being involved in any "stories" that could have damaged the drama and prevented it from going forward:D.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Lost You Forever - Season 2
Season 2 will not only shows the different character arcs of each character, highlights the growth of the individual, but also deeply explores the process of gaining and losing in the process of growing up.

It can be predicted that there will be more gripping plot and abundant emotional tension.

Yang Zi's studio replied to Central South University. "Respect life, cut off suffering, I think you can really study medicine." If Xiao Liu returned to the modern era, she would definitely study medicine.  And Central South University is indeed a good place to go.
t11fd4c3301f5159629ef644afb.webp

Tan Jian Ci replied to Ocean University of China.  "Coming across mountains and seas.  Come to Ocean University of China to meet Xiang Liu! To be honest, the fantastic ideas of 'Lost You Forever Part 2' are very interesting".
t11fd4c33018aea1a31905075e6.webp

Deng Wei Studio replied to China Agricultural University.  "Let’s see what major our Great Wilderness Richest Man recommended for you. It turned out to be economics and management. As expected of the Great Wilderness Richest Man, economics comes first!"
just_DengWeiD's tweet photo. Deng Wei Studio Update 080724  "Living in the mountains: Unaffected by the dark night, the clear light always remains. Tu Shanjing and Ye Shiqi are online today, reigniting the scorching chapter of midsummer.”  #Dengwei #邓为 #เติ้งเหวย #LostYouForeverS2 #长相思2 https://t.co/lDD5WeulHu

• Like 3
  • Love 1