[Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,구미호뎐1938

larus

Kim Bum Is A Dangerous Bandit Leader With A Soft Spot In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

Apr 26, 2023
by E. Cha

tvN’s upcoming drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has shared a sneak peek of Kim Bum in character!

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” is a sequel to the hit 2020 drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which told the story of the male gumiho (mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (played by Lee Dong Wook) in the present day. However, in the upcoming sequel, he will unexpectedly find himself back in 1938—and the fantasy action drama will follow his quest to return to the present.

In “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” Yi Yeon’s half-brother Yi Rang (Kim Bum) initially hated his older brother for a long time due to a grave misunderstanding, but the two siblings were finally able to reconcile, with Yi Rang even sacrificing his life for Yi Yeon’s sake.

However, when Yi Yeon lands in 1938, he has returned to a time before he and Yi Rang resolved the misunderstandings between them—and so he will once again meet an Yi Rang who detests him.

Newly released stills from the upcoming drama offer a glimpse of Yi Rang in the year 1938, where he is the leader of a gang of bandits. But in contrast to the dark aura he exudes as a dangerous criminal, Yi Rang reveals his hidden soft side when he attempts to protect an adorable puppy.

Kim-Bum-2.jpegKim-Bum-3.jpeg

Kim Bum commented, “I’m so happy to be greeting you as Yi Rang once again. I loved the ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed’ series more than anyone, and as one of the people who eagerly waited [for this sequel], I’m really looking forward to the premiere and am so excited for it.”

As for what viewers can look forward to in “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938,” Kim Bum shared, “The Yi Rang of that time and that era will show you a different side of himself that is completely unlike his modern-day self.”

“In the last season, which was set in present day, Yi Rang tried not to get attached to other people,” said Kim Bum. “But actually, he was originally a character who was as affectionate as could be. In ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938,’ you’ll be able to see his relationships with other characters in a time when he still gave his heart and got attached to other people. I think that will be a new side of him [for viewers].”

Kim-Bum.jpeg

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will premiere on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1582922wpp/kim-bum-is-a-dangerous-bandit-leader-with-a-soft-spot-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

• Like 2

The Neighbor magazine Interview of Kim so yeon

Kim So-yeon's face these days

“Her fierce attitude towards her work and her feeling of gratitude will not change in the future.” Actress Kim So-yeon, who has consistently walked her own path for the past 29 years. About her face these days.

Editor_202342515354_134755.jpg

Finally <The Tale of a Gumiho 1938> will premiere on May 6 at 9:20 pm! I was cast in the winter of the year before last year and filming was finished in mid-December of last year. I'm more excited than ever since the project I've been working with for a long time has begun.

The introduction of ‘K-fantasy action action drama about a nine-tailed fox who made an emergency landing in the chaotic era of 1938 to return to the present day’ is interesting. I enjoyed watching the first episode of <The Tale of a Gumiho> while taking a break from filming the season-long <Penthouse>. When I heard about the production of the second part, I never even imagined that I would be cast. I love the fantasy genre, but I've never been connected to it, so I thought it was an elusive dream. The character was good, but the decision to take on the challenge was largely influenced by the director and writer. It was because he kindly explained the work and felt the affection for the work in his sparkling eyes. When choosing a work, look at the character. When I find an attractive character, my heart starts pounding as I imagine what it would be like if I played it.

Editor_202342515354_124565.jpg

Hongjoo Ryu. What is the name of the character in charge? What kind of friend is this western mountain god?

She's both cunning and daring. She's cute, she's adorable. The fact that she is really strong and wields a large sword is also attractive. I had a lot of fun filming with the thought of when I could meet such a wonderful character again.

I remember the last interview where you said that each character has different facial muscles. Is it your own way to approach the character?

It is said that at a certain age, you can see the life you have passed through the impression of your face. After that word touched me, I started to think about which muscles to use for expressions when I spoke. Then, for sure, each character has a different expression of determination. In the past, I memorized it while writing it down by hand, but since a few years ago, I practiced by looking at my expression in front of a large mirror. Even with such training, it is always difficult in front of the camera.

Spoiler

Editor_202342515354_848445.jpg

You won the ‘2021 SBS Acting Grand Prize’ for the <Penthouse> series. It looks like a kind of ‘certificate’ as well as a reward for the path of an actor who has been building and walking slowly. What did winning the grand prize mean to you?

It's embarrassing because it's a story from two years ago. I am so grateful, and I think the word honor is not enough to express the ecstasy of winning the grand prize. If there is a room for acting Kim So-yeon in me, receiving the Daesang opened another door of new opportunities. This work was also met through that door.

It is fortunate to meet a character like Cheon Seo-jin who makes us remember the times.

oh my god! Thank you so much for saying that. I was also grateful and happy to be able to meet Seojin Cheon. I have a big reaction, but I'm usually calm. She likes quiet moments and is a person who needs a quiet rest and recharge. It was thrilling and fun to meet Cheon Seo-jin, who is the exact opposite of me. I did not want to do bad acting. In a way, I think I felt the joy of being shaken instead of me. Even while monitoring, I was amazed that I was able to bring out this level of emotion. I am deeply grateful to all the production staff who brought me out of the unknown.

Editor_202342515354_536118.jpg

There are many platforms that show works that have been aired in the past. OTT, YouTube, SNS, etc. It's colorful. Have you ever inadvertently encountered an old work?

“Why did I only do this?” I feel embarrassed and ashamed to face myself, who lacked so much.

While looking at her filmography, I suddenly thought that only Kim So-yeon's time seemed to have stopped. She was 15 at the time of the 1995 drama Rich Daughter, but she started taking on roles in her early to mid-twenties. Even then, she was the main character in melodramas, but she still hasn't changed.

If I had acted at my age at the time, I would have only played a limited role like someone's mother. These days, the age limit for actors has been reduced in various genres such as romantic comedy, romance, and fantasy. I think that I am enjoying that blessing because the leading seniors paved the way for me. Thank you for this too.

Compared to then and now, what is the same, and what is different?

I still tremble when I'm acting, and I'm so nervous and scared. There is no change from the first year of debut. The difference is that now there are more juniors at the filming site. I also felt a greater sense of responsibility to show a good image with a great attitude like the seniors.

Editor_202342515354_212524.jpg

You've been acting non-stop for the past 29 years. Have you ever thought about the driving force behind acting?

I really like the time to lie down and rest at home all day without appointments! When I read the script, it is so fun and thrilling that my will rises. I think it's a very strange experience.

At that moment Oh, I really love this job! do you feel it?

The job of learning is really painful for me. I was so worried about today's photoshoot that I couldn't sleep yesterday. I was diligently looking for materials and researching poses. But after the work is over, I feel a deep sense of happiness. I only remember the pleasant atmosphere on site and the work that day. Even when acting, I wonder if I will be able to digest this emotion. Every time that happens, I feel that I really love this job.

Editor_20234251544_518158.jpg

Acting is something that requires energy. What do you recharge with during breaks?

Fortunately, my oppa(actor Lee Sang-woo) is currently resting, so we talk a lot. 2 hours go by quickly. I drink a cup of coffee in the morning, go on a short drive, or look for a good restaurant.

What outlook on life do you share with him?

He comforts me, caresses me, and guides me. I'm a nervous type, and I tend to overdo it in everything. When we talk about difficult things, she says, “Soyeon, our moments are also important.” Then, in that moment, you are freed from worry. Before I met my oppa, acting took up most of my life. It's to the point where I can't afford to meet up with friends. It felt like my life only began when the work was over. I realized a lot after hearing that my happiness in the moment when I am not acting is also important. He's very good at talking, so it's always fun to be with him.

I’m also curious about your favorite music, books, and movies.

Music likes calm melodies. I like to play my favorite songs over and over 100 times. I like books and essays. Movies don't discriminate between genres. It is diverse, from romance to fantasy to hero action. Recently, I watched the horror movie <Don't stop the camera!> in a fresh way.

Editor_20234251544_556887.jpg

Do you ever get greedy for a character when you watch a movie?

When I watched <Game of Thrones>, my body was excited. I want to play the role of ‘Halfman’ Tyrion (Peter Dinklage). Queen Cersei Baratheon (Lena Headey), a villain with a lot of stories, and Hela (Cate Blanchett), the goddess of death from the movie <Thor>, are also attractive. Looking back, I think I got the energy and played the role of Cheon Seo-jin, and chose <The Tale of a Gumiho 1938> as my next film.

You said earlier that the life you have lived is revealed on your face. What kind of person do you want to become?

I don't have high expectations because I have strong eyes, nose and lips, but I want to be a comfortable person. It's definitely different when you compare photos from before and now. The old face somehow looks immature, and somehow it looks nervous and uncomfortable. The faces in the photos taken these days look very comfortable. Of course, it could be that it only looks like that to my eyes (laughs).

Lastly, do you have any values that you are sure will not change in the future?

I think that the attitude of being fierce in the work and the feeling of gratitude have been well established while working for a long time. As it is now, I don't think it will change in the future.

https://www.theneighbor.co.kr/neighbor/view.asp?no=9811&pType=D

Watch: THE BOYZ’s Younghoon Tasks Lee Dong Wook With Fighting Against Himself To Save Kim Bum In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938” Teaser

20230426211655_Tale-of-the-nine-tailed.j

Apr 27, 2023
by S. Cho

Lee Dong Wook must act quickly to save Kim Bum in “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

With the premiere just over a week away, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has unveiled a preview for the first episode! The teaser starts with Yi Yeon telling Taluipa (Kim Jung Nan) in an exasperated tone, “I’ll do everything you tell me to!”

As he adjusts to his unexpected time travel back to the year 1938, Yi Yeon is forced to go up against an army of soldiers. Unfitting for both the occasion and the time period, his cellphone rings and momentarily catches him off guard.

Yi Yeon then meets with new Season 2 faces Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon) and Cheon Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo). His old friend Ryu Hong Joo intriguingly still treats him like a child as she comments, “You’re still cute.”

Yi Yeon’s plans get overthrown in an instant when he reunites with his younger brother Yi Rang (Kim Bum) in the past, but sees him get attacked. In order to save him, Yi Yeon takes Yi Rang to a mysterious man (THE BOYZ’s Younghoon) and demands that he save his life. The man strikes up a deal with Yi Yeon, asking him to bring something in exchange for Yi Rang’s life.

However, the item this man wants is in what Yi Yeon calls the “worst place,” which turns out to be none other than in the hands of Yi Yeon from the year 1938. Someone coldly states, “You will get stuck in the past forever, watching everything you care about die.” Despite all that stands ahead of him, Yi Yeon confidently tells his brother, “I will never give up on you.”

• Like 2

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ Ryu Kyung-soo, the last mountain god, what secret is he hiding?

119032114.1.jpg

119032112.1.jpg

119032116.1.jpg

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ Ryu Kyung-soo’s first steel was revealed.

tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' (director Kang Shin-hyo, script Han Woo-ri, production studio Dragon, How Pictures), which will be broadcast for the first time on May 6, is a story about a 'gumiho' Lee Yeon (played by Lee Dong-wook) who made an emergency landing in 1938 in an era of chaos. It is a K-fantasy action action that unfolds to return to the present.

The still cuts of Chun Moo-young (played by Ryu Gyeong-soo), the 'Baekdu Mountain Tiger', double the curiosity. The first thing that draws attention is Cheon Moo-yeong during his days as a mountain god in the north. He is said to have been close friends with Lee Yeon and Ryu Hong-joo (Kim So-yeon), but in the way he looks at the book with a complacent gaze, he feels a gentleness that is hard to find in the other two. His smile, which conveys the character of caring for everything that lives and breathes, is also attractive. In the following photos, the atmosphere is turned 180 degrees. With a colorless, dark complexion and an emotionless face, he looks like a completely different person. In particular, the image of holding the 'red and white mask' in one's arms and looking at something meaningfully amplifies the mystery. In the previously released poster and teaser video, Chun Moo-young revealed his cold vengeance, saying that he would take away everything Lee Yeon cherished. I am curious about what kind of story is hidden from him, the all-out war between the two that will begin now.

Ryu Kyung-soo said, “I was very interested in the deep story and three-dimensionality of the character ‘Cheon Moo-young’. Also, I felt like I could have a lot of fun playing in a fantasy world.”

Next, he said of ‘Cheon Moo-young’, “He was a doctor who had the power to control fire and was also skilled in reviving the dead. Here, he is also a character with excellent martial arts and a lot of abilities.” In addition, he picked 'relationships with characters' as the part he put the most emphasis on acting, raising curiosity by adding, "I thought a lot about Cheon Moo-young's appearance in various ways in his relationships with others."

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ will premiere on May 6th at 9:20 pm following ‘Pandora: Fabricated Paradise’. (Photo = provided by tvN)

5 hours ago, rocher22 said:

new still cuts...  hmm...this box...  

Yes, the beautiful box that was seen at Lee Yeon as well. I think the guardian stone is in there.

I really like all the main characters. I am interested in Hong Joo for ovbious reasons (she is a strong woman and a fun character) but I found the character of Mu Young the most compelling. I like this type of character. Mysterious, complex, three-dimensional character. I hope the writer will give him a good story.

News bites: April 26, 2023

by tccolb

Despite the many promos, I just can’t get enough of tvN’s Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 and we have a new round of pretty stills (puppy!) and a video teaser to feast on before the fantasy finally premieres next week. Airing on weekends, Lee Dong-wook (Bad and Crazy), Kim So-yeon (Penthouse 3), Kim Bum (Ghost Doctor), and Ryu Kyung-soo (Glitch) will be on our screens at last on May 6. [News, News]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/news-bites-april-26-2023/

Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum

• Like 1

'Return of Rang' Kim Bum, 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' poster shooting... ‘Charismatic Modern Boy’

2023042710571300611d3244b4fed18217218513

The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ Kim Bum transformed into a charismatic modern boy.

King Kong by Starship said on the 27th, “We released several behind-the-scenes stills from the poster shooting site of Beom Kim, who plays the role of Lee Rang in the new tvN Saturday and Sunday drama ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’.”

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' is a K-fantasy action drama in which Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), a nine-tailed fox who made an emergency landing in the age of chaos in 1938, unfolds to return to the modern age. The anticipation of prospective viewers is raising whether Lee Rang will show a different look. Including Kim Bum, Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, and Ryu Kyung-soo appear.

In the published photo, Kim Beom is holding a hatchet, the trademark of Lee Rang, revealing a bloody aura. In his rebellious eyes, you can feel the charisma and relaxed attitude of the leader of the bandits in the play.

In another photo, Kim Beom is making an annoying expression somewhere, which arouses curiosity. Before clearing up the misunderstanding during the poster shoot for the brothers, he not only puts Rang's hatred toward his older brother on his face, but also shows off their chemistry with Lee Dong-wook, making their bromance look forward to.

According to the agency, it is said that at the filming site that day, Kim Beom perfectly immersed himself in the modern boy costume that recalled 1938, from the intense hairstyle to the three-piece suit, and received praise from the staff on set.

Meanwhile, tvN's new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' will be broadcast for the first time at 9:20 pm on May 6th.

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202304270133

• Like 1

Actress Jeong Su-gyo appears in ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’.

news-p.v1.20230427.f8f75346c8494567813ae

On the 27th, the agency WS Entertainment said, “Jeongsu-gyo, a genius of transformation, will appear in ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ and show off her passionate performance as a character that enhances the sense of immersion in the play, so please look forward to it.”

tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' is a K-fantasy action action drama about Lee Yeon, a gumiho who made an emergency landing in 1938 in an era of chaos to return to the modern age. It is a work that returns after three years with more dynamic action and scale, and colorful characters from tales on top of a creative world view that exquisitely weaves indigenous gods and native monsters.

Jeong soo-gyo plays the role of Detective Jeong Dae-seung (hereinafter referred to as Detective Jeong). Detective Jung is a Korean detective at the Jongno Police Station. He is not only famous for torturing Koreans well, but also vicious enough to receive a medal. However, the reason why such a vicious Detective Jeong devotes himself to working is that he has a secret identity of his own, raising expectations for his performance and curiosity about the hidden story.

Jeong Su-gyo previously starred in the films 'Friends 2', 'Big Match', 'C'est Si Bon', 'Master', 'Peppan', 'Wolf Hunt', dramas 'Uncontrollably Fond', 'Father is Strange', 'Devil's Joy', Through various works regardless of genre, such as 'Hundred Days My Prince', 'My Country', 'Forest', 'Tell Me What You Saw', and 'Golden Spoon', he perfectly digested a wide and colorful character and gave a heavy presence in each work.

In this way, Jeong soo-gyo, who caught the eye by showing a passionate performance that enhances the fun and immersion of the play with a unique and unique character transformation full of personality in each work with stable and solid acting skills, is adding to expectations for a new transformation to be shown in 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'.

Meanwhile, 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' will be broadcast for the first time at 9:20 pm on May 6 following 'Pandora's: Fabricated Paradise'.

https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202304271630003&sec_id=540201&pt=nv

4 hours ago, larus said:

Yes, the beautiful box that was seen at Lee Yeon as well. I think the guardian stone is in there.

I really like all the main characters. I am interested in Hong Joo for ovbious reasons (she is a strong woman and a fun character) but I found the character of Mu Young the most compelling. I like this type of character. Mysterious, complex, three-dimensional character. I hope the writer will give him a good story.

I agree. But Im a little disappointed if he really stabbed LR. (the preview for ep 1).

My fav bts pic...

FuuBsEoaUAA2SmP?format=jpg&name=small

the purse and the sword....perfect fashion details... :D 

FuuCDB2aYAERufz?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I agree. But Im a little disappointed if he really stabbed LR. (the preview for ep 1).

I personally like that he really stabbed him. First, we can feel that his threats are palpable. I hate shows when they give us a cartoon villain who makes empty threats. Second, it is a fantasy drama. Lee Rang will be fine and they will permit Lee Yeon to be a hero and show his brotherly love. :D

Mu Yeong was the most gentle man among mountain gods and to see him so desenheartly, like he doesn`t have anything to live for, it is sad. I want to know what happened to him. I hope there is a good reason to want to get revenge against Lee Yeon. Not that he did something bad but maybe his actions unwittingly contributed to a bad effect of some events (and affecting him personally). I don`t know.

My fav bts pic...

It would have been great if they did a pictorial together or a group pictorial. I want more pictures.

the purse and the sword....perfect fashion details... 

When So yeon said that her sword is very big (as big as a house :D) I thought she exagerated. It is indeed a big sword. Mu Young has a smaller one compared to her. Knowing So Yeon doesn`t have physical strenght, I think it was hard for her in action scenes. I wish they will give us behind the scene video when her sword broke while filming.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

More information about the set up of season 2.

Episode 1 text preview So TOTNT1938 begins 4 months after Rang's death. Lee Yeon got back his gumiho powers on the condition that Rang gets reincarnated. An uninvited guest steals the guardian stone and disappears into a cabinet. Lee Yeon follows him into the cabinet....

A journalist named Jonathan Hicap said in on Twitter that he finished an interview (for Prime Video) with the four main actors .

Just finished the interview with Prime Video drama Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 stars Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, Kim Bum, Ryu Kyung-soo. The drama will premiere on Prime Video on May 6.

BTS with Kim Bum

Spoiler

Ryu Kyung Soo posted the last picture.

• Like 1

Hwang Hee→Kim Soo-jin’s presence in 1938, no less than Lee Dong-wook and Kim So-yeon (The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938)

119054565.1.jpg

119054563.1.jpg

Familiar faces are coming to tvN's new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' (directed by Kang Shin-hyo, written by Han Woo-ri).

On the 28th, the production team of ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ unveiled the scene stealers with overwhelming presence.

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ is a K-fantasy action action drama in which Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), a ‘nine-tailed fox’ who made an emergency landing in the chaotic era of 1938, unfolds to return to the modern age. It returns after three years with more dynamic action, expanded scale, and characters from colorful tales in a creative world view that exquisitely weaves indigenous gods and native monsters.

In the meantime, welcome characters who made a comeback following last season and fresh new faces appear. First, following the previous season, Hwang-hee plays an active role as 'Gusinju', a native fox who has served as Yiyeon's loyalist since the Baekdudaegan period. Somehow, he and Lee Yeon made an emergency landing in 1938, and when he opens his eyes again, he is faced with a daunting situation left alone in an unfamiliar place. Gu Shin-joo, who will be in charge of the saltiness and laughter of 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938', will be drawn, and what he will look like in 1938 to meet anew.

Kim Yong-ji transforms into Seonwoo Eun-ho, an independence activist who concealed her identity. As a reporter for Sunwoo Ilbo, she becomes a witness and party to all sorts of incidents and gets entangled with Lee Yeon and his friends. She is a different person from the previous season's 'Ki Yu-ri', but for some reason, because she has an exact resemblance, she is protected by Gu Shin-ju. As the only 'human' surrounded by indigenous gods, she is curious about her own story to be drawn.

119054572.1.jpg

Spoiler

119054570.1.jpg

This time, Kim Jeong-nan took on the role of  the owner of the Afterlife Immigration Office. Taluipa, the sister of King Yeomra, is also a person who is entangled with Lee Yeon by a special relationship. She is also the one who sent Lee Yeon to 1938. Ahn Gil-gang also continues to play an active part as 'Hyeonuiong', the husband of Taluipa. Even in 1938, he was a consistent public wife, but he came to support the independence movement, even leaving behind his wife's warning not to intervene in human affairs. Attention is focused on the passionate acting of the two people who will be responsible for the immersion of the play.

Spoiler

119054568.1.jpg

Kim Soo-jin joins the new team. She enriches the disassembly story with 'Bok Hye-ja', the owner of 'Obok Goods Store' located in the middle of Gyeongseong. In fact, her true identity is a Joseon monster called 'Ureonggaksi', and she carries out an independence movement for a country in crisis. Here, she is expected to show her presence as a new helper for Lee Yeon, who has made an emergency landing in Gyeongseong.

The production team said, “As they are actors you can trust and watch, seeing them completely melt into the character is beyond expectations. You can expect to play an active role as a key player that doubles the attraction to fantasy,” he said.

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ will be broadcast for the first time at 9:20 pm on May 6th following ‘Pandora: Fabricated Paradise’.

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20230428/119054620/1

• Like 2

Kim Soo-jin appeared in 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'... come back suddenly

PS23042800256.jpg

Actress Kim Soo-jin appears in ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ as Bok Hye-ja, the owner of a five-storey shop.

According to her agency Will Entertainment on the 28th, Kim Soo-jin will appear in tvN’s new Saturday drama ‘The Tale of a Gumiho 1938’ as Bok Hye-ja.

Kim Soo-jin, who played the role of Bok Hye-ja at a Korean restaurant in 'Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox' in Season 1, returns as Bok Hye-ja at a fashion store in 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938'. In the play, Bok Hye-ja is the owner of the best boutique in Gyeong-seong, dealing with rich people and Japanese wives in Gyeong-seong, but in fact, as a person who finances the independence movement, she will also play an active role as a new helper for Yi-yeon (Lee Dong-wook), who has made an emergency landing in modern times.

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' is a K-fantasy action drama in which Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), a 'nine-tailed fox' who made an emergency landing in the age of chaos in 1938, unfolds to return to the modern age. Equipped with action, expanded scale, and characters from colorful tales, it returns in three years.

Debuting in 2001 with the movie 'Wani and Junha', Kim Soo-jin has appeared in bold works such as 'Hwacha', 'Tunnel', 'Single Rider' and '1987'. In addition, JTBC 'Misty', tvN 'The Man Who Became King', MBC 'Boar Hunt', tvN 'Hospital Playlist', tvN 'Navillera', JTBC 'Undercover', KBS 2TV 'Brain Conspiracy', etc. appeared in Kim Soo-jin, who captured the public's attention with her delicate acting by playing the role of Kyu-hyeok's (Jeong Jin-woon) mother in the movie 'Rebound' and Choi Jung-min, the senior of Go Ah-in (Lee Bo-young) in JTBC's 'Agency', will show her appearance in 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938'. Attention and anticipation are focused on.

https://www.edaily.co.kr/news/read?newsId=01826966635580712&mediaCodeNo=258

by lo_ve, April 28, 2023

Kim Soo Jin is joining the upcoming K-drama Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938.

On April 28, it's officially confirmed that Kim Soo Jin will be returning in the upcoming K-drama Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938

Will Entertainment shared that Kim Soo Jin will still be part of the upcoming tvN K-drama Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938. 

This will be the third K-drama of Kim Soo Jin for the year. She was part of the series Brain Works. She also recently starred in the JTBC K-drama Agency led by Lee Bo Young, Jo Sung Ha, Son Na Eun, Han Joon Woo, Jeon Hye Jin, and Lee Chang Hoon

Kim Soo Jin made her acting debut in 2002. She is known for being part of the K-dramas Shadow Detective, Anna, School 2021, Hometown, Navillera, Hospital Playlist, Hot Stove League, The Crowned Clown, and more.

rNRoYj_2f.jpg

The upcoming K-drama Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 will be helmed by directors Kang Shin Hyo and Jo Nam Hyung, and the script will be written by Han Woo Ri.

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 will reveal the happenings when Lee Yeon time-traveled to the chaotic era in 1938. He will meet Ryu Hong Joo, a former guarding spirit of the mountain and now an owner of a high-end restaurant in the capital city of Gyeongseong.

Kim Soo Jin will continue to play the role of Bok Hye Ja, the owner of Gyeongseong's best luxury store. She usually caters to wealthy people and Japanese wives in Gyeongseong. Aside from that, she will also serve as the new assistant of Lee Yeon, Lee Dong Wook's character.

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 will premiere on May 6 at 9:20 PM KST. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/kim-soo-jin-confirmed-to-return-to-the-upcoming-k-drama-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

Hwang Hee, Kim Jung Nan, Kim Soo Jin, And More Add Strength As Supporting Cast Of “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

20230428045245_hwang-hee-kim-jung-nan-ki

Apr 28, 2023
by M. Kang

tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has revealed more exciting stills of its cast!

Starring Lee Dong WookJo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

In addition to the main cast, various supporting characters will add strength to the story.

Hwang Hee returns as the gumiho Koo Shin Joo, a loyal friend of Yi Yeon that has been by his side for centuries. By chance, he also gets swept into the year 1938, alone and lost. His journey back to his beloved friend Yi Yeon will be one laden with light-hearted humor and somewhat fondly pitiful. It will also be interesting to see how he molds in line with his new surroundings.

hwang-hee.jpeg

As for Kim Yong Ji, she transforms into Seonwoo Eun Ho, an undercover freedom fighter. As a journalist at Seonwoo Il Bo, she gets caught up with Yi Yeon and his crew by first being a witness then an active actor. She receives special attention from Koo Shin Joo because although she’s a different person, she looks exactly like Koo Yu Ri from the first season. Her narrative will provide relatable relief as she is the only human character.

kim-yong-ji.jpeg

Also returning for the second season is Kim Jung Nan, who will be playing Taluipa, the owner of the Afterlife Immigration Office. As the older sister of the king of the underworld, Taluipa has a long and deep history with Yi Yeon. Not only that, she is the one that sent Yi Yeon to 1938. By her side is her husband Hyun Ui Ong, played by Ahn Kil Kang. While he is still the ever subservient partner, he jumps into the scene of freedom fighting despite his wife’s warnings against it. The two’s chemistry is expected to play a big role in leading the compelling plot.

Spoiler

kim-jung-nan.jpeg

ahn-kil-kang.jpeg

Veteran actress Kim Soo Jin will also be joining the cast as the owner of a boutique in Gyeongseong, which is Seoul’s previous name. Her name is Bok Hae Ja, but her real identity is the mythical figure Woo Rung Gak Si that fights for her country’s independence. She will also become one of Yi Yeon’s close partners.

Spoiler

kim-soo-jin.jpeg

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” premieres on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Pandora: Beneath the Paradise.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1583286wpp/hwang-hee-kim-jung-nan-kim-soo-jin-and-more-add-strength-as-supporting-cast-of-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

I recently binged season 1 (mostly for Kim Bum). It sounds like LDW’s Lee Yeon is forced to time travel back in time… it feels a bit stuffy and repetitive to see the brothers be at each other’s throats again, but since Yeon learned from season 1 how much he hurt KB’s Rang, I think he’ll be nicer to his little brother this time around. I just wonder how exactly this time travel is supposed to play out and not affect season 1’s ‘future’ events. They’re even re-using Yuri’s actress but for a different character. Maybe it’s an alternate or parallel universe?

I have hopes season 2 will be a lot better than season 1 with tighter writing and more action scenes!! IMO season 1 was really bogged down by too many unnecessary romance scenes and PPL restaurant scenes. >__<

In one interview KB said Rang will show a softer side in the past… makes me a little sad considering 1938 isn’t that far from ‘present day’ season 1. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, panappuru said:

I recently binged season 1 (mostly for Kim Bum). It sounds like LDW’s Lee Yeon is forced to time travel back in time… it feels a bit stuffy and repetitive to see the brothers be at each other’s throats again, but since Yeon learned from season 1 how much he hurt KB’s Rang, I think he’ll be nicer to his little brother this time around. I just wonder how exactly this time travel is supposed to play out and not affect season 1’s ‘future’ events. They’re even re-using Yuri’s actress but for a different character. Maybe it’s an alternate or parallel universe?

It is not an alternative universe unless there is that theory of time travel that could be possible but only with parallel timelines. Time travel theory is difficult and if we use logic we`ll discover many paradoxes. This drama is fantasy with fantastic characters, gods, mythical creatures, superpowers. The writer could make a simple explanation and we should accept that narative. It is a fantastic world anyway.

In the teaser, Lee Yeon asked himself if the past changes, the future can change too.  I believe it will change. I did not saw the first season but I don`t think Lee Rang was in love in the other version of himself. He was bitter when he met Lee yeon in modern times, reconciled with his brother and died to save Lee Yeon. This time there is a chance to find love, to show a tender part of his personality. I say, there are enough changes already.

3 hours ago, panappuru said:

I have hopes season 2 will be a lot better than season 1 with tighter writing and more action scenes!!

There will be more action scenes and I believe we`ll see more different creatures as well.

• Like 1