[Drama 2021] Chimera, 키마이라

larus

Episode 2 ‘Chimera’ until the end, 3 points you can’t take your eyes off of

image_readtop_2021_1143123_1639724674488

With only two episodes left of the OCN Saturday drama 'Chimera', the last point to watch has been revealed.

In particular, as 'Chimera' captivated viewers by providing a high level of immersion with the tension that makes you sweat, we looked at the last point of watching 'Chimera', which will lead to an unfinished reversal and a more exciting development.

#One. Shock reversal! The identity of 'Chimera' finally revealed

In the 13th episode, Lee Jung-yeop hid in Cha Jae-hwan's house to avoid the Seoryun group that was trying to kill him. Lee Jung-yeop, who was sleeping at Cha Jae-hwan's house, saw Cha Eun-soo (Nam Ki-ae), Cha Jae-hwan's mother, who was different from before the next day. Lee Jung-yeop, who found the note ‘1984’, eventually finds out that Cha Eun-soo was a ‘chimera’ 35 years ago, and vomits his anger with complex emotions, making viewers shiver.

However, Lee Jung-yeop falls into conflict because he is worried about Cha Jae-hwan, the son of Jin-beom, who believed in him. Meanwhile, Cha Eun-soo, who went to the police station and surrendered herself, revealed the story of the past based on specific statements, and when her own memories disappear, Ryu Seong-hee will return to her place and commit her murder, completing the failed revenge of 35 years ago.

#2. Cha Joo-young, who appeared at the crime scene, who is she?

Bae Seung-gwan (Woo-hyun), who killed Lee Sang-woo, a suspect at the time of the incident 35 years ago, was selected as the next target for 'Chimera' with a warning message. Bae Seung-kwan, who was constantly suffering from anxiety, received a text message from Cha Jae-hwan and rushed to the hospital to meet Lee Jung-yeop, but turned away after learning that he was being operated on due to a gunshot wound. Bae Seung-kwan, who started the car, found a 'Chimera' lighter belatedly, and at that moment a flame went up and the car exploded.

The mysterious person who had been watching all of these scenes looked up as they exited the parking lot, and at that moment, the face of Kim Hyo-kyung (Cha Joo-young) was revealed, giving viewers another shocking twist.

In addition, it was revealed that Kim Hyo-kyung was the daughter of Lee Sang-woo, who was the suspect at the time of the incident 35 years ago, and the younger brother of Lee Jung-yeop. The curiosity of the viewers is growing as to whether everything has been done for revenge.

#3. Will the Seoryun group pay the price for their crimes?

Seo Hyun-tae (Ki-young Lee), the current chairman of Seoryun Group, who led the development of 'TH-5', the disinfectant ingredient that started all cases, is a researcher Seong-hee Ryu who intends to expose all facts as well as manipulation of research results and fraudulent patent applications for his ambition at the time of development.

Seo Hyun-tae and the Seo-ryun group, who have ruined the lives of many people by concealing the truth for a long time like this, are raising viewers' expectations about the future developments to see if they will be able to pay for their sins.

Lastly, director Kim Do-hoon said, "As the second half focuses on the tragic nature of the relationships between the characters, please watch with interest in the tragic stories of the main characters and their efforts to overcome them."

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2021/12/1143123/

On 12/14/2021 at 8:31 PM, Kathy said:

Ok, any bets on likelihood profiler Eugene Hathaway is going to turn out to be Da Som and sister of detective?

It crossed my mind that it is a possibility but I hope they won`t go there. One miracle was enough.

• Like 1

Park Hae-soo, who seems to have resigned from everything, and Cha Joo-young, who is making a subtle expression, were released.

l_2021121802001007200203121.webp

In the photo released on this day, Park Hae-soo is sitting on a chair in a black suit in an atmosphere as if he has resigned from everything.

Park Hae-soo is staring at the floor with a tired expression on her face, raising questions about what is really going on. Also, Cha Joo-young (played by Kim Hyo-kyung) catches her eye with her pathetic expression, looking down at Lee Hee-jun, who has not yet regained her consciousness.

Cha Joo-young, who came closer to her lying down Lee Hee-jun, whispered something to him with her determined expression on her face, raising the curiosity of her viewers about what she might have said.

In particular, in the 14th episode, there was a scene in which Lee Hee-jun had a physical fight with the Seoryun group and then shouted not to come to Park Hae-soo, who was approaching him. In addition, Woo-hyeon (Bae Seung-gwan), who was the target of 'Chimaira', suffered from anxiety and eventually suffered a car explosion.

Soon after, the face of Cha Joo-young, who was watching all the scenes, was revealed, and once again gave viewers a shocking twist, raising expectations for the next episode.

On the other hand, the OCN Saturday drama 'Chimaira', which makes it impossible to take your eyes off of the shocking reversal every time, will be broadcast on OCN at 10:30 pm on the 18th.

https://sports.khan.co.kr/sports/sk_index.html?art_id=202112181706003&sec_id=540201

• Like 1

Park Hae Soo Tries To Save His Mother Who Is Suffering From Memory Loss In “Chimera”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 18, 2021
by C. Hong

OCN released new stills of Park Hae Soo and Nam Gi Ae in the upcoming episode of “Chimera.”

“Chimera” stars Park Hae Soo as violent crimes detective Cha Jae Hwan, Claudia Kim as profiler Eugene Hathaway, and Lee Hee Joon as surgeon Lee Joong Yeob. Each for their own reasons, the three of them pursue the truth behind a serial arsonist called “Chimera” from 35 years ago that has recently begun killing again.

Spoilers

In the new stills, Cha Jae Hwan is clean-cut in a suit and holds a bouquet of flowers, but his facial expression is tense and anxious. His mother, Cha Eun Soo (Nam Gi Ae), stares into the distance with an ambiguous expression. In the drama, Cha Jae Hwan is a dutiful son who puts his mother first and is deeply worried about her memory loss.

Spoiler

park-hae-soo-chimera.jpg

nam-gi-ae-chimera.jpg

nam-gi-ae-park-hae-soo-chimera.jpg

In the previous episode, Cha Eun Soo voluntarily went to the police and shared such a detailed story about the past that made it hard to believe she was really a dementia patient. Viewers were shocked to hear her confess and surrender herself as the killer behind the serial explosions in the “Chimera” case.

She also introduced a new plot twist by saying that she will fulfill the revenge she failed 35 years ago when her current memories fade and her past memories return, prompting curiosity about who the person behind the recent explosions could be.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504408wpp/park-hae-soo-tries-to-save-his-mother-who-is-suffering-from-memory-loss-in-chimera

• Like 1

My heart went out to Jae Hwan in this episode. The scene of him and his mother at the care facility made me cry.

I loved how both Chimeras finally met face to face. It was as if they were looking at themselves in a mirror because of how similar they are. Both became unhinged Chimeras because of the same reason - Seo Hyun Tae and how he ruined their family. They both share the same enemy. For this reason, I hope Hyo Kyung doesn't hurt Jae Hwan and his mother. Deep down, I don't feel she will.  Cha Eun Soo was able to suppress Ryu Sung Hee for the sake and well-being of her son. Now that Jerome knows Hyo Kyung is his sister, I believe he will be the loved one who may be able to make her stop and find humanity in herself again. However, I previously thought Jerome may have a tragic ending. It seems it may be his sister instead.

I am looking forward to the final tomorrow, but at the same time, I will miss this show. It's definitely one of the best I've seen.

• Like 2

Park Hae-soo, Nam Ki-ae → Cha Joo-young, shocked by the identity of the Chimera.. What is the final outcome?

UK723HEEZVZGXVLBGDLSY3HS6Q.jpg

Cha Joo-young appeared in front of Nam Gi-ae while Park Hae-soo was shocked to learn the identity of the Chimera.

In the 15th episode of 'Chimera', which was broadcast yesterday, while Cha Eun-soo (Nam Ki-ae) confessed to the past and asked to stop the next crime that would be directed towards Seo Hyeon-tae (Ki-young), Kim Hyo-kyung (Cha Joo-young) made the 'Chimaira' incident through internet broadcasting. He hinted at the question and foretold that there was a relationship between 'Chimera' and a conglomerate company.

Cha Eun-soo, who came to the police station on her own and continued to testify that she was a 'Chimera', eventually went to the probation facility voluntarily.Cha Jae-hwan went to visit his mother,  who entered the facility, but he could not meet her because she refused the visit.

Yoo-jin (Soo-hyeon) visited Cha Jae-hwan, who was looking at the CCTV at the scene of Bae Seung-gwan (Woo-hyeon), and showed him a picture of Ryu Seong-hee from the past. Also, it was speculated that it was Han Joo-seok (Kang Shin-il) who helped Ryu Seong-hee get a new resident number, and Cha Jae-hwan felt very confused when he heard this.

Cha Jae-hwan, who was barely able to visit Cha Eun-soo, went to the hospital room with a bouquet of flowers and luggage, but he tried to hide his upset by the expression and attitude of Cha Eun-soo who did not seem to recognize him and pretended to be bright. At that moment, Cha Eun-soo, who mistook Cha Jae-hwan for Seo Hyun-tae, was caught in madness and strangled Cha Jae-hwan, and Cha Jae-hwan calmed him by hugging Cha Eun-soo, who was struggling with anger.

When he heard from Lee Kun-young (Kwon Hyuk-hyeon) that the gun that shot Lee Jung-yeop was a weapon from the scene where he supported the investigation in the past, Cha Jae-hwan was deeply troubled. Im Pil-seong (Jung Young-ki), who was standing behind him overhearing the phone call, went to Seo Hyun-tae and begged for help, and it was revealed that it was Lim Pil-seong who shot Lee Jung-yeop.

To this, netizens showed reactions such as "I can't believe that tomorrow is already the last episode", "The actors' acting is creepy", "Why is Cha Jae-hwan chasing Kim Hyo-kyung?", "Cha Eun-soo is so pitiful", and "It's time today too".

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/entertain_photo/2021/12/19/4MBBKNZYAUA3J6I6C4Y4KZ5QYM/

Park Hae Soo Has An Emotional Confrontation With Cha Joo Young In “Chimera”

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Dec 19, 2021
by C. Hong

OCN has teased stills from the final episode of “Chimera”!

“Chimera” is a mystery thriller drama starring Park Hae Soo as violent crimes detective Cha Jae Hwan, Claudia Kim as profiler Eugene Hathaway, and Lee Hee Joon as surgeon Lee Joong Yeob. Each for their own reasons, the three pursue the truth behind a serial arsonist from 35 years ago who has begun killing again.

Spoilers

In the stills from the upcoming final episode, Park Hae Soo levels a gun at Cha Joo Young, who plays the role of Kim Hyo Kyung. Although her life is being threatened, Kim Hyo Kyung looks more sorrowful than afraid.

chimera-park-hae-soo-cha-joo-young.jpeg

In the previous episode, it was revealed that Kim Hyo Kyung was the daughter of Lee Sang Woo, a suspect in the Chimera case 35 years ago, and the biological sister of Lee Joong Yeob. In order to get revenge for her father’s unjust death, she was the new “Chimera” that took up the work of the former Chimera, Cha Eun Soo (Nam Gi Ae).

The stills show the final confrontation between Kim Hyo Kyung and Cha Jae Hwan as the true criminal and police detective. Will Cha Jae Hwan be able to put an end to this case once and for all and capture the criminal, or will Kim Hyo Kyung succeed in completing her revenge for her father?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1504532wpp/park-hae-soo-has-an-emotional-confrontation-with-cha-joo-young-in-chimera

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2021] Chimera, 키마이라
18 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Jae Hwan knows who the new Chimera is now, OMG and only one episode to go.

Interesting way to have it revealed to him.  Which is why I'm enjoying this drama, so many inventive ways of telling a very complicated plot.  I keep checking to see if the subs are done on 16 yet!!!   

I am SURE the detective's father is the villain, just how much can the poor guy take?

• Like 2

Episode 16 was good and also intense we find out who did it.

3 hours ago, Kathy said:

Interesting way to have it revealed to him.  Which is why I'm enjoying this drama, so many inventive ways of telling a very complicated plot.  I keep checking to see if the subs are done on 16 yet!!!   

I am SURE the detective's father is the villain, just how much can the poor guy take?

Yeah I agree it was.

• Like 1