[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

13 hours ago, baconham said:

Was it only in the recent episodes that San's mum encouraged San to go after his own happiness? Does anybody know roughly in which episode San's mum had a change of heart?

Because I remember in the earlier episodes the mum was quite adamant about San only marrying someone from a noble family. And I remember she was quite mean to Deok Im as well telling her to know her place and that she would be dead if not for her adopting Deok Im (she said something along this line). There was also that scene during Deok Im's coming of age ceremony when she intentionally called for Deok Im into the same room as San only for Deok Im to hear from San's mouth that he would not disappoint the mum by being with a "lowly" court maid.......

I think it was because at that time his crown prince position was on constant danger and maybe if he choose to make Deok Im his concubine and she being from a lower position put him in even more disadvantage place to reach the throne.

And then she demonstrating that will even risk her life for him can change all mom's hearth I guess hahaha 

In real history Lady Hyegyeong was more close to the queen actually and Won Bin because it was from the same clan, I didn't read about the personal relationship with Deok Im but seems it was good too because she take care of her and send nannies for baby Munhyo after he was born

• Like 4

Deleted scenes:

Eng subbed (two different fansubbers of the first deleted scene):
Spoiler

Live threads for the radio show:

Spoiler

We got so much content reveals. Oh my goodness. 

MBC Radio Insta update: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYBBpdcpFuW/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Seyoung insta updatehttps://www.instagram.com/p/CYBDr9MFy8T/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Second unreleased scene eng subbed:

Spoiler

Another fansubber's translations of the deleted scene:

Spoiler

Episode 16 text preview:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Sharing my thoughts after watching next episodes preview.

There is this scene showing San sitting alone in white clothing.

I think they gonna show the death of DI (according to history she died 4 years after they got married). So I am all prepared to cry this Saturday

• Like 1

Reading the episode 16 text preview I think they'll portray what happen in real history between Hwabin and Deok Im. It was public knowledge at that time that they both didn't had the best relationship, more on Hwabin side, because she thought she was superior than Deok Im and personally opposed to her ascended on the concubine position (I read korean history books, Lady Hyegyeong diary, and records of King Jeongjo reign days) 

It was stated too that she (Hwabin) fake a pregnancy, because her pregnancy was announced the same time as Uibin first pregnancy but never was mentioned again in the records, so korean historians believe she faked or had a imaginary pregnancy. 

When Uibin died it was a rumour inside the palace that Hwabin poisoned her to gain the King attention again, and Jeongjo was in a full rage state, but then this it was denied as Jeongjo was with Uibin most of the time and all the time when she fall sick in bed till the end of her days, and check personally the preparation and administration of her medicines, so this just remains as a rumour but many believe Hwabin was a not a good person and plotted lot of times against Uibin and even against Queen Hyoui.

• Insightful 5

@happiness... many thanks for the Eng sub of ep16...:heart: as well as the cut explaination of the King's conversation with Hong regarding the torn page of the book..  it made sense now how those are linked...

Its crazy, i just realised that i didnt watch ep14 and jumped straight to ep15... i.didnt realise that Secretary Hong sister died because of depression(?) ... i thought it was because Hong was exiled after his misdeeds were exposed...

Seeing ep14, i would have liked to see how did the King got the book and the content of her letter to the Dowager Queen...

Also yes i do agree, as several (?) fans did say that the King confessed far too many times and based on ep14, he should have just took her as his concubine..... Regardless of the outcome she will follow orders... its not as if we dont know that she actually loves the king as well.... 

Deok Im was wrong in provoking the King and as she didnt trust him that he would punish Sec Hong..  but we did see the events unfolded as feared by DI coming true that at the end of ep14   - ... funny, Sec Hong was still made a Baron?!!! Like why even... make him a commoner for all the crimes he has committed... or in prison, exiled... but nope.. made him a Baron, sigh...  sigh...

And i thought the conversation of Hong and the King when he was interrograted in the hall was odd..  the dialogues make it sound as if the Hong has a thing for the King, romantically! :crazy:...... i dont know.. it just sound awkard and funny to me... indeed Sec Hong forgot he is not the 2nd female lead in the drama :lol:

At least the preview of ep16 is happy.. but i feel it will show the death of the Crown Prince hence they are in their mourning clothes. I hope the drama ends without telling us Deok Im died, just a written ending scenes of what happened to her and end it when they announced that she is pregant with their 2nd child.  Sighhhh...

@happiness...what is the chance of Deok Im calling the King, San? Wil that happen?...would love to see that scene...:lol:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

@happiness...what is the chance of Deok Im calling the King, San? Wil that happen?...would love to see that scene...:lol:

I mean she technically did say his name when they found out they met as kids. I'm all for happy and cute moments though, so we can wish. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, celflor said:

Reading the episode 16 text preview I think they'll portray what happen in real history between Hwabin and Deok Im. It was public knowledge at that time that they both didn't had the best relationship, more on Hwabin side, because she thought she was superior than Deok Im and personally opposed to her ascended on the concubine position (I read korean history books, Lady Hyegyeong diary, and records of King Jeongjo reign days) 

It was stated too that she (Hwabin) fake a pregnancy, because her pregnancy was announced the same time as Uibin first pregnancy but never was mentioned again in the records, so korean historians believe she faked or had a imaginary pregnancy. 

When Uibin died it was a rumour inside the palace that Hwabin poisoned her to gain the King attention again, and Jeongjo was in a full rage state, but then this it was denied as Jeongjo was with Uibin most of the time and all the time when she fall sick in bed till the end of her days, and check personally the preparation and administration of her medicines, so this just remains as a rumour but many believe Hwabin was a not a good person and plotted lot of times against Uibin and even against Queen Hyoui.

Oh noes...are we going to see San been forced to do his duty to spend the night with Hwabin!

Jebal jebal... no no no... :fearful:

Think of the agony of DI (and more so all of us)...  :bawling:

• Like 2

Watching the drama.. it looks as if no palace maids ever gossip about the King's preference to Deok Im for the past several years... as if people dont know that the king favours her.... only the royal bodyguard seemed to know, his mother and his step-grandmother  ...hmm...

Hence ep16 dialogue make it sound as if Deok Im friends were also surprised by the announcement.... hmm...  afte years of denying her feelings, and saying no interest in front of her friends i wonder how she will face them.. heh..

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, simplesim said:

Oh noes...are we going to see San been forced to do his duty to spend the night with Hwabin!

Jebal jebal... no no no... :fearful:

Think of the agony of DI (and more so all of us)...  :bawling:

I don't think it will be the case as the time is limited on the drama, and I'm kind of sure he already do his duty on last episode :dissapointed_relieved: but I think they'll mostly focus on their relationship and life together and little on the rest from now on 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Lunkera said:

@luffie Most likely political and probably he didnt want anything to do with Hwabin. He needed to produce an heir. Uibin was the only woman king Jeongjo ever loved. Considering things he said long after her death and all the trees he planted for her.

Hi! I thought the woman he ever loved was Deok Im? Is Uibin his concubine after DI died and he had a change of heart? I’m confused and hoping DI is his one true love. Thank you!

15 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

If you really want to hear her call him "San-ah", there is one archive blog written with lot of imagination to suffice our thirst. Click on this link and you will know. :love::heart:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/35409238

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tina123 said:

Hi! I thought the woman he ever loved was Deok Im? Is Uibin his concubine after DI died and he had a change of heart? I’m confused and hoping DI is his one true love. Thank you!

Uibin is the title of Deok Im as a concubine, Uibin is Deok Im :heart:

• Like 4

The naver article has a lot of cute gifs and pics from their MBC Radio day. 

More behind gifs and pics:

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=408&aid=0000142341

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=408&aid=0000142340

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=408&aid=0000142339

Junho's vlog during TRS filming.

Also the MBC Drama Awards is tomorrow at 8:40 PM KST:

Best couple award and joint Daesang, let's go :joy:

Edited by happiness
added more links
  • Love 4

@Tina123 Sorry, should have been more clear. Assumed that people knew the history. Deokim is Uibin Seong.

on another note

Currently on alittle marathon. Recently finished watching Dong Yi and now watching Haechi. In a few days im watching Yi San again. I don't know why i do this to myself since i know it's very sad towards the end but a good drama. Maybe i should try Six Flying Dragons later.

Looking forward to see the ending of Red Sleeve Cuff and i will probably cry.

• Like 1