[Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기

Lmangla

https://zapzee.net/2021/07/07/sbs-unveils-new-drama-lineup-with-top-stars/
SBS Unveils New Drama Lineup With Top Stars

by Eunkyung Cho | images: SBS

Spoiler

4E47A892-25C4-4F3D-9553-8B84B77EC566.jpg

After achieving satisfactory results with The Penthouse: War in Life and Taxi Driver, SBS unveiled a new lineup for the second half of the year. It plans to show various genres of dramas with stars such as Song Hye Kyo, Kim Nam Gil, and Kim Yoo Jung.

Red Sky

FDF1F4EA-F8B6-4079-99CD-80F31EC8E91B.jpg

Red Sky is a fantasy romance between Hong Cheon Ki, a woman with divine power, and Haram, a red-eyed man who reads the constellations. It is based on the bestseller of the same name written by Moon Embracing the Sun and Sungkyunkwan Scandal author Jung Eun Gwol. Hyena, My Love From the Star, and Deep Rooted Tree director Jang Tae Yu helms the series, starring Ahn Hyo Seop, Kim Yoo Jung, and Gong Myung.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1478204wpp/kim-yoo-jung-ahn-hyo-seop-and-more-gather-for-1st-script-reading-of-fantasy-historical-drama
Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, And More Gather For 1st Script Reading Of Fantasy Historical Drama

by L. Kim | Jul 6, 2021

D3E05E8B-E992-48B8-9DF3-8D7292FF5EDA.jpg

Upcoming SBS drama “Lovers of the Red Sky” has released photos from the cast’s first script reading!

A historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is based on the novel “”Hong Chun Gi” by author Jung Eun Gwol, whose novels “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “The Moon Embracing the Sun” have also been adapted into hit dramas. It’s directed by Jang Tae Yoo, whose past works include “My Love from the Star,” “Hyena,” and more.

The released photos show off the cast’s chemistry and passion from their first script reading back in November 2020.

First off, Kim Yoo Jung plays the role of Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon dynasty’s only female painter, who was born blind but miraculously regains vision. During the script reading, she perfectly depicted her character with her passionate performance that exuded Hong Chun Gi’s bold and courageous charms.

Ahn Hyo Seop showed his unrivaled presence as the blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight. The actor portrayed Ha Ram in a beautiful and mysterious light and heralded a new major character with his charming acting.

Gong Myung, who has acted in diverse movies and dramas, takes the role of Prince Anpyeong, who appears to be a free-spirited romantic but hides a deep loneliness. The actor will captivate women by transforming into a romantic prince who likes poetry, books, and art.

Kwak Si Yang showed off his charisma with his ardent acting as Prince Sooyang, a cruel and ambitious prince determined to be king at all costs. With this new role, he will show a never-before-seen side of himself and add tension to the plot.

077BE5E2-B91C-4E11-AE30-A494945E1752.jpg

Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, and Gong Myung captivated everyone with their fantastic chemistry, and their enthusiastic performances and exciting teamwork have raised expectations for the drama. The addition of supporting actors with solid acting experience, like Jang Hyun Sung, Kim Kwang Gyu, and Moon Sook, heated up the first script reading even more.

The producers commented, “It was a script reading that could confirm the actors’ passionate performances and synergy. It was so lively that each character in the script was vividly felt, and it made everyone look more forward to the story of ‘Lovers of the Red Sky,’ which will be expressed in a video. Please anticipate the fantasy romance of ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’ that is like a painting.”

“Lovers of the Red Sky” premieres in August and will be available on Viki.

Watch a teaser for the drama below!

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

Spoiler

https://zapzee.net/2021/07/07/red-sky-sneak-peek-table-read-with-kim-yoo-jung-and-ahn-hyo-seop/
‘Red Sky’ Sneak Peek Table Read with Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop

by Kim Da In

D56A7F36-AE4E-4CFD-90DE-1C08C2572FC8.jpg

Credit: SBS

SBS Red Sky, which will air in August, gave a sneak peek of Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, Gong Myoung, and Kwak Si Yang at the table read.

Red Sky is a historical fantasy romance drama with a female painter with spiritual power Hong Cheon Ki, and Ha Ram, a red-eyed man who reads constellations.

Kim Yoo Jung, Ahn Hyo Seop, Gong Myoung, Kwak Si Yang, and others gathered in one place and recited their lines during the table read last November.

Kim Yoo Jung will transform into a confident and brave female painter Hong Cheon Ki with gifted skills. Ahn Hyo Seop will play Ha Ram, who reads the stars in the sky and draws attention to his nest potential best role. Gong Myoung will play the prince Yangmyeong, who loves arts and crafts. He is currently building a solid career by working actively in both movies and drama. Kwak Si Young will be the prince Soo Yang and exude a powerful charisma.

An official from Red Sky said, “It was such a fantastic time. Each character in the script was brought alive. It made us have high hopes for the furnished version of Red Sky. Please stay tuned for our upcoming drama.”

Source (1)
Translator Kim Da In: I will provide exciting news of K-pop and K-dramas and Korean entertainment-related news.

HD pics from https://twitter.com/sbsnow/status/1412704284240596992?s=21

Spoiler

68E5D689-0720-43CD-A845-46A4F25E3803.jpg

79F235A5-28EE-4A7E-BB96-774EDC0DADF7.jpg

244997AF-A333-49C3-BAC1-1D9F95C14E0E.jpg

9D3C1D35-8C48-4E9E-9193-B3A25C687284.jpg

99048AE0-DFEF-43A4-8C50-6FB8FAB08E1B.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

New Casting news!:).

HongJinKi confirmed cast for SBS drama RedSky, he will act as a painter Cha Young-wook who is KimYooJung’s best friend and knows everything about her, such as contributing to her project and spreading various information. Broadcast in August. AhnHyoSeop GongMyung

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • ferily changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Red Sky / Hong Cheon-Ki, 홍천기, Premieres in August
  • Lmangla changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Red Sky / Lovers of the red sky, 홍천기, Premieres Aug 23

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/05/ahn-hyo-seop-and-kim-yoo-jungs-upcoming-drama-lovers-of-the-red-sky-confirmed-to-air-on-august-30th/
Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Yoo Jung’s Upcoming Drama ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’ Confirmed to Air on August 30th

by Munjeong Jung

SBS has confirmed the first broadcasting date of Lovers of the Red Sky starring Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Yoo Jung on August 30th.

Lovers of the Red Sky is a historical fantasy romance series about a female painter Hong Cheon Gi with a gifted divine power, and a man with red eyes, Haram, who can read the constellations up in the sky.

Based on the original work of the same name by Sungkyunkwan Scandal and The Moon Embracing the Sun author Jung Eun Gwol, Hyena, My Love from the Star, Deep Rooted Tree, and Painter of the Wind director Jang Tae Yoo will helm the drama series.

The teaser of Lovers of the Red Sky‘s, released on the 4th, features a sad romance of Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Yoo Jung, signaling an epic drama of fated love ahead.

In the clip, Kim says, “I have a lot to ask, but I’ll save them for later.” In return, Ahn Hyo Seop whispers in a low voice, “Even if I have feelings for thee, my body hath died once,” and drew attention to their untold stories. With a romantic caption that reads, “At the crossroads of life and death, fateful love begins,” their beautiful romance begins. 

The wonderful sneak peeks of Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop brings anticipation for the new series as it captures their lasting gaze and tragic future ahead.

AF26FB75-29FB-4090-A9CE-2B94D16C9A7A.jpg
▲ ‘Hongcheongi’ first teaser released, Ahn Hyo-seop X Kim Yoo-jung’s epic fateful love <PhotoSource=SBS> ©BreakNews

Source (1)
Translator Jung Munjeong: I’ll provide you with the latest articles on K-Drama, K-Pop, and K-Movie as quickly as possible.

https://www.koreadispatch.com/2021/08/05/kim-you-jung-ahn-hyo-seop-a-passionate-romancered-sky-first-air-on-august-30th
Kim You Jung & Ahn Hyo Seop, a passionate romance…”Red Sky, first air on August 30th”

Aug 5, 2021

ECBB477A-C013-4338-A42D-0BEF6A0EFD71.jpg

Kim You Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop will show a passionate romance.

SBS TV’s new Monday/Tuesday drama ‘Red Sky’ confirmed its first broadcast on the 30th. The teaser was also released for the first time on the 5th.

It started with two characters facing different way. Kim You Jung appeared brightly while Ahn Hyo Seop appears in the dark taking off his mask showing red eyes.

Kim You Jung said, “I have a lot of things I want to ask, but I’ll save it”. Ahn Hyo Seop murmured, “Even if I had it in my heart, I am already a dead person”.

A phrase appeared saying, “At the crossroads of life and death, a fateful love begins”. A girl gently touched the boy’s face, foreshadows a passionate and intense romance.

‘Red Sky’ is a fantasy romance historical drama. It is the story of Hong Cheon Ki, a female painter with divine powers and Haram a red-eyed man who reads the constellations in the sky.

It is based on the bestseller of the same name by Jung Eun Gwol, the author of ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’. Producer Jang Tae Yu of ‘My Love from the Star’ will be directing.

Meanwhile, ‘Red Sky’ will premiere on the August 30th 10pm.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 5

e24b55cdda9b40eaab6e50f39b0d384f.jpeg?s=

Watch: Kim Yoo Jung And Ahn Hyo Seop Begin A Fateful Love Story In New Teaser For “Lovers Of The Red Sky”

Aug 4, 2021
by E. Cha

SBS has shared an exciting new sneak peek of its highly-anticipated drama “Lovers of the Red Sky”!

Based on the novel of the same name by author Jung Eun Gwol, whose novels “Sungkyunkwan Scandal” and “The Moon Embracing the Sun” have also famously been adapted into hit dramas, “Lovers of the Red Sky” is a historical fantasy romance drama set in the Joseon era.

Kim Yoo Jung will star as Hong Chun Gi, the Joseon dynasty’s only female painter, who was born blind but miraculously regains vision. Ahn Hyo Seop will star as blind astrologer Ha Ram, who is able to read the stars despite losing his sight. Gong Myung will star as the lonely and romantic Prince Yangmyung, while Kwak Si Yang will play the cruel and ambitious Prince Joohyang.

The newly released teaser begins by showing the contrast between Hong Chun Gi’s and Ha Ram’s opposite fates. As Hong Chun Gi opens her eyes to the radiant world, she says in voice-over, “There are many things I want to ask, but I will save them for later.” Meanwhile, Ha Ram takes off his mask in darkness to reveal his red eyes. He mysteriously remarks, “Even if I did harbor feelings for you in my heart, I’m already a dead man.”

The clip goes on to show the two characters running into one another, with Ha Ram valiantly protecting Hong Chun Gi in a dangerous situation. Hong Chun Gi asks, “Is it really you?” As the caption teases, “A fateful love begins,” Ha Ram asks in return, “Did you wait for me?” Meanwhile, Hong Chun Gi says wistfully, “I can’t forget you.”

The teaser ends with a glimpse of the pair as children, when the blind Hong Chun Gi touched Ha Ram’s face, followed by a now blind Ha Ram doing the same thing to a visibly emotional Hong Chun Gi.

“Lovers of the Red Sky” premieres on August 30 at 10 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

[1차 티저] 운명적 사랑의 대서사시, 한 폭의 판타지 로맨스 '홍천기', 8월 30일(월) 첫 방송 #홍천기 #Redsky|SBSNOW

https://www.soompi.com/article/1482216wpp/watch-kim-yoo-jung-and-ahn-hyo-seop-begin-a-fateful-love-story-in-new-teaser-for-lovers-of-the-red-sky

• Like 4

August 5, 2021

Fateful romance unfolds between Kim Yoo-jung, Ahn Hyo-seop in Red Sky

by tineybeanie

hcgii10.jpg

A teaser has been released for upcoming fantasy sageuk drama Red Sky. Starring Kim Yoo-jung (Backstreet Rookie) and Ahn Hyo-seop (Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim 2), Red Sky is a Joseon dynasty romance between a painter with divine powers and an astronomer with red eyes. Gong Myung (Be Melodramatic) and Kwak Shi-yang (Alice) don’t appear in the teaser, but are set to have important supporting roles as princes of Joseon.

Kim Yoo-jung plays the painter with divine talent, and has her eyes closed at the beginning of the teaser as she thinks back to a childhood encounter. In her voiceover she says, “I have so many questions, but I will save them for later.” A scene flashes by with a claw-like hand surrounded by dark black mist.

[1차 티저] SBS 새 월화드라마 '홍천기' 안효섭X김유정, 운명적 사랑의 대서사시 8월 30일 첫 방송! #홍천기 #안효섭 #김유정 #공명 #곽시양 #티저 #SBSCatch

A pale figure flies through the night, and a closeup shot of Ahn Hyo-seop’s blood-red eyes are shown. The copy continues: “… a fateful love begins.” In the next scene, he stares at her from a gazebo, wistfully asking in his voiceover: “Did you wait for me?” She walks away, but glances back. In her reply, she says, “I cannot forget you.” We get a flashback to their childhood where Kim Yoo-jung touches Ahn Hyo-seop’s face, and when we’re back in the present, he reaches out to touch hers.

Based off the bestseller novel by Jung Eun-kwol (The Moon That Embraces the Sun, Sungkyunkwan Scandal), SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama Red Sky will be directed by Jang Tae-yoo (Hyena, You From Another Star) and begin airing on August 30.

hcgii1.jpg

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/08/fateful-romance-unfolds-between-kim-yoo-jung-ahn-hyo-seop-in-red-sky/

Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Yoo Jung’s Upcoming Drama ‘Lovers of the Red Sky’

hcgii6.jpg

Confirmed to Air on August 30th

by Munjeong Jung

SBS has confirmed the first broadcasting date of Lovers of the Red Sky starring Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Yoo Jung on August 30th.

Lovers of the Red Sky is a historical fantasy romance series about a female painter Hong Cheon Gi with a gifted divine power, and a man with red eyes, Haram, who can read the constellations up in the sky.

Based on the original work of the same name by Sungkyunkwan Scandal and The Moon Embracing the Sun author Jung Eun Gwol, Hyena, My Love from the Star, Deep Rooted Tree, and Painter of the Wind director Jang Tae Yoo will helm the drama series.

The teaser of Lovers of the Red Sky‘s, released on the 4th, features a sad romance of Ahn Hyo Seop and Kim Yoo Jung, signaling an epic drama of fated love ahead.

In the clip, Kim says, “I have a lot to ask, but I’ll save them for later.” In return, Ahn Hyo Seop whispers in a low voice, “Even if I have feelings for thee, my body hath died once,” and drew attention to their untold stories. With a romantic caption that reads, “At the crossroads of life and death, fateful love begins,” their beautiful romance begins.

The wonderful sneak peeks of Kim Yoo Jung and Ahn Hyo Seop brings anticipation for the new series as it captures their lasting gaze and tragic future ahead.

https://zapzee.net/2021/08/05/ahn-hyo-seop-and-kim-yoo-jungs-upcoming-drama-lovers-of-the-red-sky-confirmed-to-air-on-august-30th/

• Like 2