TVN 2021 DRAMA

HIGH CLASS

high-class.jpg

Drama: High Class

Hangul: 하이클래스

Genre: mystery, melodrama

Network: tvN

Episodes: 16

Director: Choi Byung-gil (East of Eden, Hotel King, Angry Mom, Missing 9)

Writer: Hyun Jung

Release Date: September 6, 2021- November 1, 2021

Runtime:Monday-Tuesday, 22:30 KST

Production Company: Production H, H World Pictures, Studio Dragon

OST:

Official site:

Plot

'High Class' is a mystery suspense play that depicts the perfect lives of women living in the top 0.1% of Korea's lives and the lies and hypocrisy behind them.

'High Class' was originally known under the title'She is too close to me'. It is a passionate mystery drama in which a widow and an inner girl who met as parents at an extravagant international school in Jeju Island work together to uncover the secrets surrounding a deceased husband and take revenge. It shows a dark struggle and a forbidden romance as the hidden desires of women gathered under the name of'Mom' collide.

Cast

Cho Yeo-Jeong as Song yeo-ul

Kim Ji Soo as Nam Ji-seon

Park Se jin as Hwang Na-yoon

Kim Young Jae as Lee Jung-woo (Nam Ji-seon`s husband)

Ha joon as Danny

Gong Hyun Joo as Cha Do-young

Lee Ga Eun as Rachael Jo

Choi Bo-geun as Lee Joon-mo

Yoon In Jo as Bang Young-joo

Kang Yeon-jung  as Sung Kyung-ah

Choi Sung Joon as Kwak Sang-gun

Seo Jeong Yeon as Shim Ae-soon

Kim Ji-yoo as Jun-hee

Lee Chae-min as Ahn Seung-jo

Park So Yi as Hwang Jae-in

Kwon Hyuk as Ku Yong-hee

Jang Sun-yoolas

Seo Yun Hyuk as

Woo Hyun-joo as

Kim Nam-hee as

Character chart

high-class.jpeg

Character descriptions

Song Yeo-wool ( Jo Yeo-jung) is a a former lawyer specializing in family law and Lee Chan's mother. In one fell swoop her life went from perfection to horror when her husband was murdered, and everyone around her thought she was the culprit. In order to shield her son from a hostile social environment rife with malicious rumors about their family, she takes him out of his school and transfers him to an international school instead. But, before long, word spreads to the other mothers and parents at the international school as well. Jo Yeo-jung gets stuck, center stage of a scandalous controversy once again.

Nam Ji-sun (Kim Ji Soo ) has an elegant smile that hides her steely, controlling personality. She wields both wealth and power whil maintaining a firm grip on all the parents whose children attend the international school. Beyond that, she has trouble abiding by anything that goes against her wishes.

Cha Do-young ( Gong Hyun-joo) In her glory days, she was a top actress and even now constantly craves being center of attention. Selfish and vain, she desires to have the celebrity status that Kim Ji-soo commands, thus sticks to Kim like a shadow.

Hwang Na-yoon (Park Se Jin)  is a single mom and has had to contend with her share of rumors owing to her mysterious background. No one knows where she comes from; the only common thread in the gossip about her is that she supposedly came back to Korea from Hong Kong.

Danny Oh (Ha Joon) is one of the teachers at the international school. When he was younger, he was hailed as a promising ice hockey player. But he was forced to give up his athlete dreams after suffering an injury. Thereafter, he turned his aspirations towards teaching and applied for a position at the international school.

Posters

jo-yeo-jeong-high-class.jpeg

high-class-jo-yeo-jeong.jpeg

Spoiler

high-class-11.jpg

high-class-2.jpg

high-class-3.jpg

high-class-4.jpg

Teasers/Trailers

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] High Class, 하이클래스-Cho Yeo-Jeong, Kim Ji Soo- Premieres in the second half 2021
On 3/11/2021 at 1:39 PM, jongski said:

Thanks for this thread Larus.  Adding cast confirmation as well.

From the plot.. I feel like Penthouse type or Sky castle or World of Married...or not.

If it will be like Shy Castle and Word of Married it is fine. I can watch a little makjang drama (from the synossis it looks like one)  but if it will be crazy makjang like Penthouse I will be disapointed. I won`t watch. I don`t want t a soap opera writing style/ plot. Unfortunetly, after the huge success of Penthouse,  I won`t be surprise to appear more dramas like that.

I am glad that we`ll have another female centric drama (I love those ). I like the cast. Let`s hope the plot and writing will will rise to the expectations. I can`t say I will definetly watch but I will keep my eyes on this.  

Casting news

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Jo Yeo-jung confirmed for new drama with Kim Ji-soo, Ha Joon

by tccolb

Highclass-1.jpg

Jo Yeo-jung, Kim Ji-soo, Ha Joon

A new mystery-suspense drama is being planned on tvN called High Class and the main cast has been announced.

In what looks like an ensemble cast, Jo Yeo-jung (Cheat on Me, If You Can) stars in the drama as a former lawyer named Song Yeo-wool. In one fell swoop her life went from perfection to horror when her husband was murdered, and everyone around her thought she was the culprit. In order to shield her son from a hostile social environment rife with malicious rumors about their family, she takes him out of his school and transfers him to an international school instead. But, before long, word spreads to the other mothers and parents at the international school as well. Jo Yeo-jung gets stuck, center stage of a scandalous controversy once again.

As Jo’s main opponent, Kim Ji-soo (365: Repeat the Year) plays Nam Ji-sun. She has an elegant smile that hides her steely, controlling personality. She wields both wealth and power whil maintaining a firm grip on all the parents whose children attend the international school. Beyond that, she has trouble abiding by anything that goes against her wishes.

Kim’s second-in-command is Gong Hyun-joo (Graceful Family), who plays the role of Cha Do-young. In her glory days, she was a top actress and even now constantly craves being center of attention. Selfish and vain, she desires to have the celebrity status that Kim Ji-soo commands, thus sticks to Kim like a shadow.

Thankfully, Jo Yeo-jung does find one friend among all the parents and that’s Park Se-jin (Hyena). Playing single mom Hwang Na-yoon, Park has had to contend with her share of rumors owing to her mysterious background. No one knows where she comes from; the only common thread in the gossip about her is that she supposedly came back to Korea from Hong Kong.

Ha Joon (Black Dog) takes on the part of Danny Oh, one of the teachers at the international school. When he was younger, he was hailed as a promising ice hockey player. But he was forced to give up his athlete dreams after suffering an injury. Thereafter, he turned his aspirations towards teaching and applied for a position at the international school.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/03/jo-yeo-jung-confirmed-for-new-drama-with-kim-ji-soo-ha-joon/

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Based from the character updates, the mothers trying to protect or smother their children from harsh realities. And they also have some secrets that could ruin their reputation. Lets see if this turns out Sky Castle like.

1. A lawyer mother trying to shield her son.

2. A single mother with share of mysterious rumors

3. A controlling mother who has firm grip on parents who attends the expensive school.

4. Top actress mother who always sticks to the mother who has the firm grip.

We gonna see again them young actors cast as children/teens. Wonder who.

By the way Ha Joon is also the same actor who plays the younger brother in  current drama Times.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Casting news

Rookie Choi Bo-geun casts tvN's new drama'High Class'

http://cdn.topdaily.kr/news/photo/202104/101439_73481_5816.jpg

New actor Choi Bo-geun was cast in tvN's new drama'High Class'. tvN's new drama “High Class” (Director Byung-Gil Choi/Screenplay Hyun-Jung) is a dangerous and secret mystery suspense drama of lies and hypocrisy behind the perfect lives of the top 0.1% women in Korea.

In “High Class,” he plays the role of Junmo Lee, the son of Ji-seon Nam (played by Ji-soo Kim), a real world leader at an ultra-luxurious international school, raising questions. In the play, Lee Jun-mo is a character who has a strong backlash against her mother who tries to interfere and control everything. As a character that stimulates the perfectionist mother's heart, Choi Bo-geun is going to inspire tension by depicting a lonely and unstable teenager.

http://www.topdaily.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=101439

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@larus Thanks  for the casting updates. as with my previous post, wanted to see who will be cast as the teens and tweens.

It's like dramas with similar genre  ( ie: Sky Castle, Beautiful World, Nobody Knows, Penthouse)  we get to see young actors which wiil have potential to be lead (or not) in the  future. It seems to be the way. Like it's a step or somethin.

The character of the "son depicting a lonely and unstable teenager".  We familiar with overused teen type character but I'll see if there's potential  and gonna steal the show.  Like I said we familiar with this. :D

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Actress Yoon In Jo confirmed cast for tvN drama "High Clkass" and  she will act as Bang Young-joo who is the wife of a media group’s chairman and her son is a grade 1 student of the Jeju super-luxury international school.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Castimng news

Actress  Kang Yeon Jeong confirmed cast for tvN drama High Class.

Actor Kang Yeon-jung confirmed her appearance on tvN'High Class' (screenplay Hyun-jung, director Choi Byung-gil).

http://images.khan.co.kr/article/2021/05/07/l_2021050702000327800058851.jpg

According to her agency Dodo Entertainment, Kang Yeon-jeong played the role of Sung Kyung-ah"Bible Oh," the youngest member of a meeting with a husband of a congressman and a first-year parent at HSC International School. In the drama, she comes from a wealthy family who knows the Bible, and her character is loud , and she is a light-mouthed and talkative character that is the source of rumors.

(Google translate)

http://sports.khan.co.kr/sports/sk_index.html?art_id=202105071301003&sec_id=540201

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Choi Sung Joon confirmed cast for tvN drama High Class.  He will play Kwak Sang-gun who is a 3-gen chaebol and the husband of Cha Do young (Gong Hyun Joo). They were famous as a star couple but now is a anxious show window couple.

Choi Seong-jun confirmed to appear in “High Class”… Gong Hyeon-joo and Show Window Couple

106897241.1.jpg

'High Class' is a dangerous and secret mystery suspense of lies and hypocrisy behind the perfect lives of the top 0.1% women in Korea. Choi Sung-jun takes on the role of Kwak Sang-gun in the play. Kwak Sang-Geon is a chaebol from the third generation of ventures. She once became famous as a star couple after marrying celebrity Do-young Cha (played by Gong Hyun-ju), but now she is a show window couple who are bothered to eat with each other.

https://sports.donga.com/ent/article/all/20210513/106897242/1

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'High Class' Jo Yeo-jeong, Kim Ji-soo, Ha Jun, Park Se-jin, Gong Hyeon-joo, the script reading site revealed

image_readtop_2021_728564_16274510944732

The script reading pictures of tvN's new Monday-Tuesday drama 'High Class' has been released, raising expectations. Jo Yeo-jeong, Kim Ji-soo, Ha Jun, Park Se-jin, and Gong Hyeon-joo, who gathered in one place, gave a perfect sense of immersion from the first reading, and announced the scramble of a fatal mystery that will captivate viewers in the second half of this year.

The script reading on this day included Director Choi Byung-gil, Jo Yeo-jeong (Song Yeo-ul), Kim Ji-soo (Nam Ji-sun), Ha-jun (Danny Oh), Park Se-jin (Hwang Na-yun), Gong Hyeon-joo (Cha Do-yeong), Kim Nam-hee (Ahn Ji-yong), Adult actors such as Woo Hyeon-joo (Do Jin-seol), Lee Jeong-yeol (Han Geon-yeong), Yoon In-jo (Noah-mam), Kang Kang-jeong (Yu Bin-mam), Park So-yi (Na-yun's daughter Hwang Jae-in), Jang Seon-yul (Yeo-ul's son Ahn I-chan), etc. , Kim Ji-yu (Ji-seon's daughter, Lee Jun-hee), and Seo Yoon-hyuk (Do-young's son, Kwak Si-woo) attended and lit the event.

Director Choi Byung-gil, who first took charge of directing, said, “I think it is a great honor to be with our drama like this. It is so reassuring to be able to form a team with good writing and wonderful actors and staff. Please take good care of me in the future.”  At the same time, Jo Yeo-jeong said in her soft voice, “It seems that excitement and fear always coexist before entering. I am looking forward to this work as I will be able to receive help from many people. Please take care of me." she greeted and smiled.

In the script reading that soon began, actors Jo Yeo-jeong, Kim Ji-soo, Ha Jun, Park Se-jin, and Gong Hyeon-joo led an overwhelming atmosphere with their passionate performances that perfectly melted into the character even though it was the first reading. Jo Yeo-jeong, who plays the role of 'Song Yeo-wool', caught her attention as a sweet-hearted mother with an 8-year-old son, and then slowly approaches the secret hidden after her husband's death, and the emotional changes that are shaken by the tone of her lines. It was meticulously put together, and I was amazed. At the same time, Kim Ji-soo, who is divided into 'Nam Ji-sun', overwhelms the scene with a calm, yet unfamiliar, cool tone and strong presence. In particular, Jo Yeo-jeong and Kim Ji-soo in the play formed a close confrontational relationship and the tension soared.

On the other hand, Ha-jun, who took on the role of 'Danny Oh', attracted attention with his stable acting skills and sweet and clever charm. In addition, Park Se-jin took on the character of Song Yeo-wool's only friend 'Hwang Na-yun' with a neat charm, and Gong Hyeon-joo took on the role of 'Cha Do-yeong', the top actor of the past, and revitalized it with a plump charm.

https://sports.donga.com/Section/article/all/20210728/108214351/1

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] High Class, 하이클래스-Cho Yeo-Jeong, Kim Ji Soo- Premieres in September

Watch: Jo Yeo Jeong’s New Drama “High Class” Holds Script Reading And Unveils First Teaser Posters

Watch: Jo Yeo Jeong’s New Drama “High Class” Holds Script Reading And Unveils First Teaser Posters

Jul 31, 2021
by C. Hong

tvN is gearing up for the premiere of its new Monday-Tuesday drama “High Class”!

“High Class” is a suspense drama set in an ultra-luxurious international school built on an island paradise. Jo Yeo Jeong stars as Song Yeo Wool, a lawyer who loses everything when she is framed for her husband’s murder. Kim Ji Soo co-stars as Nam Ji Sun, the “queen bee” among mothers at the international school. The mystery begins when Song Yeo Wool meets the mother of her son’s classmate, the woman her husband had an affair with before he was murdered.

At the script reading were cast members Jo Yeo Jeong, Kim Ji Soo, Ha Jun (Danny Oh), Park Se Jin (Hwang Na Yoon), Gong Hyun Joo (Cha Do Young), Kim Nam Hee (Ahn Ji Yong), Woo Hyun Joo (Do Jin Seol), Lee Jung Yul (Han Geon Young), Yoon In Jo (Noah’s mom), and Kang Yeon Jung (Yoo Bin’s mom). Child actors included Park So Yi (Hwang Na Yoon’s daughter, Hwang Jae In), Jang Sun Yool (Song Yeo Wool’s son, Ahn Yi Chan), Kim Ji Yoo (Nam Ji Sun’s daughter, Lee Joon Hee), and Seo Yoon Hyuk (Cha Do Young’s son, Kwak Si Woo).

In the video, Jo Yeo Jeong introduces her character as an extremely successful lawyer whose life turns upside down when her husband is murdered. She comes to the island to escape, but slowly uncovers the truth behind her husband’s mysterious death instead. The actress commented, “All the actors are so talented and the children are so cute.”

Kim Ji Soo introduces Nam Ji Sun as a woman who was born as the eldest daughter of a conglomerate and now owns a hotel on Jeju Island. “The script reading felt awkward at first, but the cast is so talented that I soon had fun,” the actress said.

Ha Jun plays Danny Oh, a former ice hockey player who is now a gym teacher at the school. He said, “This character can become either an enemy or a helper. He will be a mysterious character even to the viewers.” Park Se Jin plays Hwang Na Yoon, a single mother who is Song Yeo Wool’s only friend on the island. She said, “She became a mother at a young age, and although she looks delicate, she’s very tough on the inside.”

Gong Hyun Joo introduces her character, Cha Do Young, as, “She won Miss Korea and used to be a top celebrity, but she’s now a social media influencer. She likes getting attention and being in the spotlight. Because of that, she’s always anxious and has an inferiority complex.

The drama also unveiled two teaser posters of Jo Yeo Jeong. The setting of the posters, a canoe ride in the middle of an idyllic river, highlights the island paradise of the school, but there is a mysterious and dark atmosphere that suggests secrets hiding in the background. The caption reads, “The bare face of my wonderful life is revealed.”

high-class-jo-yeo-jeong.jpeg

Spoiler

jo-yeo-jeong-high-class.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1481673wpp/watch-jo-yeo-jeongs-new-drama-high-class-holds-script-reading-and-unveils-first-teaser-posters

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Jo Yeo Jeong Is A Meticulous Lawyer And Loving Mother In Upcoming Drama “High Class”

aaf10cf24431442a94024fd5c522eb68.jpeg?s=

Aug 3, 2021
by L. Kim

tvN’s upcoming drama “High Class” has shared new stills of Jo Yeo Jeong in character!

“High Class” is a suspense drama set in an ultra-luxurious international school built on an island paradise. Jo Yeo Jeong stars as Song Yeo Wool, a successful lawyer who loses everything when she is framed for her husband’s murder. Kim Ji Soo co-stars as Nam Ji Sun, the “queen bee” among mothers at the international school. The mystery begins when Song Yeo Wool meets the mother of her son’s classmate, the woman her husband had an affair with before he was murdered.

Fans will be able to see Jo Yeo Jeong’s new short hairstyle in the drama. In the newly released stills, Song Yeo Wool exudes intellectual charms, and her eyes are cool with professionalism. Her sharp gaze seems to see through her opponents, and her firm expression shows the way she has built an impregnable wall as a lawyer. In addition, her passionate and impeccable work life is depicted by her organized documents, plaques, and bookshelves.

jo-yeo-jung-2.jpg

jo-yeo-jung.jpg

On the other hand, Song Yeo Wool turns into a devoted mother with a loving heart in front of her eight-year-old son. Around her child, her eyes are warm and gentle, and she smiles affectionately at him. As the story progresses, Song Yeo Wool will have no choice but to move to an entirely different place with her son, and it will be intriguing to see what kind of developments are in store for them.

Spoiler

jo-yeo-jung-1.jpg

The producers of “High Class” remarked, “From the first shoot, Jo Yeo Jeong thoroughly analyzed her character and perfectly immersed into her character Song Yeo Wool. Please look forward to Jo Yeo Jeong who will turn Song Yeol Wool into a three-dimensional character with her deeper emotional acting.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1482042wpp/jo-yeo-jeong-is-a-meticulous-lawyer-and-loving-mother-in-upcoming-drama-high-class

• Like 4
  • Love 1

High Class' Kim Ji-soo, the dark side of the elegant queen... Explosions of tension

2021080511415666983_1.jpg

On the 5th, tvN's new Monday-Tuesday drama 'High Class' (directed by Choi Byung-gil/drama storyholic/produced by Production H, H World Pictures) revealed Kim Ji-soo's first filming stills.

Kim Ji-sun takes on the role of Nam Ji-seon, a mother-in-law who owns a hotel and a representative of the parents' association of an international school. Nam Ji-sun always has a relaxed and elegant smile, but in order to be seen as her perfect family, she plans to infuse tension into the play by controlling public opinion at the center of international school mothers.

In the meantime, 'High Class' side focuses her attention by revealing the stills of Nam Ji-sun, where you can feel the sharp temperature difference for the first time. First, in front of her international school mothers, Nam Ji-sun attracts her attention with her luxurious visuals and elegant smile. She listens to her opponent and does not lose her smile, showing hwer innate dignity and leisure. On the other hand, at home, Ji-sun Nam erases her laughter and creates tension by exuding perfectionist charisma that does not allow any gaps in siblings attending international schools. In her cold, subdued Namji-sun's eyes and her upright posture, her queen-like authoritarianism, who wants to control  everything according to her own will, is felt. As such, the interest in how Nam Ji-sun, who gives a strong impact with her stills alone, will become entangled with Song Yeo-wool (Cho Yeo-jeong) is heightening the interest.

The production team of 'High Class' said, "From the first filming, Jisoo Kim overwhelmed the scene atmosphere with her unique aura. In particular, the staff at every moment with her acting skills that more delicately and deeply capture the psychology of the character who wants to protect the perfect family and upper class dignity. It is arousing admiration from people. Please look forward to Kim Ji-soo's passionate performance."

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2021080511415666983

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Kim Ji Soo Transforms Into An Alluring Perfectionist For New Drama “High Class”

4f23dd9c4c2640aa814bd5be1da00926.jpeg?s=

Aug 5, 2021
by L. Kim

The first stills of Kim Ji Soo have been released for “High Class”!

“High Class” is a suspense drama set in an ultra-luxurious international school built on an island paradise. Jo Yeo Jeong stars as Song Yeo Wool, a lawyer who loses everything when she is framed for her husband’s murder. Kim Ji Soo co-stars as Nam Ji Sun, the “queen bee” among mothers at the international school. The mystery begins when Song Yeo Wool meets the mother of her son’s classmate, the woman her husband had an affair with before he was murdered.

Kim Ji Soo’s character Nam Ji Sun was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She always wears a relaxed, elegant smile on her face, but she will go through devious means in order to look like she has the perfect family. As the “queen bee” mother, she has the other mothers in the palm of her hand, and she will add tension to the story with her charismatic ways.

The newly released stills depict the different sides of Nam Ji Sun. In front of the other mothers, she exudes a flawless aura with her glamorous appearance. She doesn’t lose her smile as she listens to the other party, and she radiates natural dignity.

kim-ji-soo-1.jpg

However, when Nam Ji Sun is at home, she is cold and charismatic, and there isn’t even a shadow of a smile on her face. She is a perfectionist who doesn’t allow her children to be less than perfect, and she is an authoritative figure in her household who thirsts for control.

kim-ji-soo-2.jpg

The “High Class” production team commented, “From the first shooting, Kim Ji Soo overwhelmed the atmosphere of the set with an unrivaled aura. In particular, the staff members are in awe of her performance that captures the psychology of her character, who wants to protect the perfect family and the dignity of the upper class, in a more delicate and deep manner. Please look forward to Kim Ji Soo’s passionate acting.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1482333wpp/kim-ji-soo-transforms-into-an-alluring-perfectionist-for-new-drama-high-class

• Like 4
  • Love 1