Jo Bo Ah / Cho Bo Ah 조보아 - [Drama 2023: Destined With You]

Beycuteful

tvN’s “Military Prosecutor Doberman” achieved an average nationwide rating of 7.4 percent, a slight dip from last night’s record of 7.7 percent. The drama still remained the No. 1 cable program of the day.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/a-business-proposal-ends-on-ratings-rise-as-no-1-monday-tuesday-drama/#ixzz7PebWGnG1

• Thanks 1

tvN’s “Military Prosecutor Doberman” achieved an average nationwide rating of 7.5 percent, which is similar to last week’s record of 7.4 percent. The drama was also the No. 1 Monday-Tuesday drama of the night.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/military-prosecutor-doberman-takes-no-1-in-ratings-crazy-love-sets-new-personal-best/#ixzz7QDM6aEr9

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'Military Prosecutor Doberman' Jo Bo-ah "It is a drama that opened the second act of my acting career"

Drama&Film / 연합뉴스  / 2022-05-04 10:49:44   p1065577741107642_617_thum.jpg   SEOUL, May 4 (Yonhap) -- It's been an adventure and a test for me, and I think I can at least improve on my next work."

S. Korean actress Jo Bo-ah(31), who succeeded in changing her image in tvN's Monday and Tuesday drama "Military Prosecutor Doberman," which recently ended, expressed her feelings about finishing the drama.

The actress, who we met at a cafe in Gangnam-gu, Seoul, on May 3, often had a tone of a soldier during the interview as if she had not yet escaped from her role.

Jo, who played Cha Woo-in, a military prosecutor who joined the military to get revenge for her dead father, said that she learned about herself one by one by one by trying short hair, military uniforms, and diverse action scenes she had never shown before. p1065577741107642_602_thum.jpg  

Jo, who mostly appeared without any facial expression in the drama, said, "I found myself chic," adding, "It was awkward, new, and fresh."

Moreover, she added, "I learned the charm of action," adding, "I thought it would be physically difficult, but I rather lost track of time and filmed the scenes. I want to try other action genres as well.”

"Military Prosecutor Doberman," which depicts Do Bae-man(Ahn Bo-hyun), who serves in the military as a prosecutor for money, and Cha Woo-in(Jo Bo-ah), who became a military prosecutor for revenge, dealing with the evil inside and outside the army, secured the fixed viewers of around 8 percent with the unique pleasure of dark hero dramas.

Jo selected the “script with great immersion" and “directing that allows you to feel great pleasure" as the key to the popularity of the work. In particular, she explained that the scenes where Cha Woo-in, also known as "Red Woo-in," wear a red wig outside the military and kill the evil, well displayed the beauty of the action drama.

Spoiler

p1065577741107642_596_thum.jpg

“Thanks to 'Red Woo-in,’ I think the play was more like a cartoon than reality. Therefore, I wanted to make her look like a female warrior with short hair, stylish leather jacket, high heels, and revealing clothes in order to make a clear difference from the military prosecutor, Cha Woo-in.

However, she expressed regrets in terms of how Cha Woo-in, who became a prosecutor to fight against the evil, transformed into “Red Woo-in” and illegally realized justice.

She said, “I had to solve the problem somehow by law, but I felt sorry that I chose an easy way," adding, "I wanted the viewers to be persuaded that Woo-in's actions were not righteous, but that she also had no choice but to do so due to the frustration and anger of losing her father."

Jo Bo-ah, who debuted with the drama “Flower Band” in 2012, has marked her 10th debut anniversary this year.

p1065577741107642_261_thum.jpg

The actress, who started acting without knowing anything, said, “I’m proud and happy that I can now work with other people in harmony and film the work together.”

She also expressed her gratitude by saying that "Military Prosecutor Doberman,” which she met in her 10th debut anniversary, is a “drama that opened the second act of the acting career.”

“I think it will be a turning point. I actually think that this was my first time playing the adult with sincerity. I’m certainly more confident that “I can challenge genre series or film noir as well.”

(This article is translated from Korean to English by Kim Sun Min.)

https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065577741107642

ctto: (C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

• Beycuteful changed the title to Jo Bo Ah / Cho Bo Ah 조보아 - Jo Bo-ah named promotional envoy for tax agency with Lee Seung-gi / Upcoming Movie: Hidden Face

Jo Bo-ah named promotional envoy for tax agency

Celeb / 남상현  / 2022-05-04 12:46:16   yna1065625204534722_198_thum.jpg   Jo Bo-ah named promotional envoy for tax agency

Actress Jo Bo-ah (R) poses for a photo with Kim Dae-ji, head of South Korea's National Tax Service, during a ceremony in Seoul on May 4, 2022, to mark her appointment as a promotional ambassador for the tax agency. (Yonhap) https://m.k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179553242821683

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

Lee Seung-gi·Jo Bo-ah appointed as ambassadors for National Tax Service

Celeb / 연합뉴스  / 2022-05-04 14:33:29   p1065591223029463_282_thum.jpg   SEJONG, May 4 (Yonhap) – National Tax Service announced on Wednesday that it has appointed S. Korean actors Lee Seung-gi(35) and Jo Bo-ah(31), who received presidential awards as exemplary taxpayers, as promotional ambassadors.

The two ambassadors will participate in various activities, including the public service advertisement for honest tax payment and production of publication.
Spoiler

p1065591223029463_372_thum.jpg

Lee said, “We will perform as ambassadors with more interests and responsibilities about the usage and significance of tax, which is vital in our society.” p1065591223029463_955_thum.jpg

Jo also added, “We will try our best to promote that honest tax payment is the beginning of leading the virtuous cycle of the society.” Lee Seung-gi, who debuted as a singer in 2004, made himself known through diverse entertainment programs, such as “2 Days & 1 Night,” “Strong Heart,” and “Sing Again,” and also built his career as an actor in many dramas, including “Brilliant Legacy,” “The King 2 Hearts,” “Gu Family Book,” “Vagabond,” and “Mouse.” p1065591223029463_351_thum.jpg Jo Bo-ah debuted in 2012 and starred in a variety of dramas, including “My Strange Hero,” “Forest,” “Tale of the Nine Tailed,” and “Military Prosecutor Doberman,” and actively performed in the entertainment shows, such as “Baek Jong-won’s Alley Restaurant.”

(This article is translated from Korean to English by Kim Sun Min.) ctto: (C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

May Drama Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Announced

May 5, 2022
by E. Cha

The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for drama actors!

The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 50 actors who appeared in dramas that aired between April 5 to May 5.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Lee Byung Hun
  2. Lee Joon Gi
  3. Son Seok Gu
  4. Cha Seung Won
  5. Han Ji Min
  6. Lee Jung Eun
  7. SF9’s Rowoon
  8. Shin Min Ah
  9. Kim Hee Sun
  10. Park Joo Mi
  11. Bae Da Bin
  12. Lee Yo Won
  13. Kim Ji Eun
  14. Kim Ji Won
  15. Yoon Shi Yoon
  16. Ahn Bo Hyun
  17. AOA’s Seolhyun
  18. Chu Ja Hyun
  19. Jo Bo Ah   :dorashakes:
  20. Kim Jae Wook
  21. Lee Soo Hyuk
  22. Kim Woo Seok
  23. Lee Kwang Soo
  24. Jin Ki Joo
  25. Lee Sung Kyung
  26. Park Hae Jin
  27. Joo Sang Wook
  28. Lee El
  29. Kim Kyu Ri
  30. Oh Yeon Soo

https://www.soompi.com/article/1524869wpp/may-drama-actor-brand-reputation-rankings-announced-3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jo Bo Ah Talks About Working With Ahn Bo Hyun In “Military Prosecutor Doberman,” Filming Action Scenes, And More

May 8, 2022                              by S. P

Following the finale of tvN’s “Military Prosecutor Doberman,” starring actress Jo Bo Ah sat down for an interview to talk about her experience!

Having mostly focused her career on the romance genre, Jo Bo Ah recently put herself in the middle of the action with her role in tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed.” “Military Prosecutor Doberman” also marked a turning point in her career not only due to its subject matter, but due to her change in appearance. Jo Bo Ah chopped off her long hair as she transformed into Cha Woo In, just one of many ways in which she prepared for her role as a military prosecutor.

The actress shared her thoughts on the end of the drama as she said, “It was a busy schedule like I haven’t had in a long time, but thanks to that, I was able to focus solely on playing my part. It was really enjoyable and I think it wrapped up well. I kept up with watching the episodes despite how busy I was, and I actually teared up during the final episode. This project is so dear to me, to the point that I wish I could have filmed more.”

Jo Bo Ah also remarked on how cutting her hair so short led to some changes in her everyday life. “Although I feel a little sad that it will take a really long time for my hair to grow as long as it was before, my daily life has become a lot more comfortable,” she said. “I don’t have to blow-dry it and I’ve drastically reduced the amount of time I spend taking care of it. Since I’m using less shampoo than before, I also bought a more expensive shampoo.”

Jo-Bo-Ah.jpg

She then spoke about more observations she made regarding her character, who wears two different faces. “Since military prosecutor Cha Woo In is very by-the-book when she’s in her military uniform, I wanted to give her a stark contrast when she transforms into ‘Red Woo In,'” she explained. “I wanted to draw out the duplicity of Cha Woo In, who became a prosecutor to implement justice but also used evil to combat the evil that couldn’t be defeated by the law.”

Jo Bo Ah brought up her action scenes, which she said she thought would test her physically but actually ended up having the opposite effect. “On the days we filmed action scenes, I was so immersed in filming that I completely forgot how tired I was,” she revealed. “I’ve come to understand the appeal of action, and now I want to try out other action genres as well.”

The kiss scene between Jo Bo Ah and Ahn Bo Hyun’s characters in the final episode also became a hot topic among viewers. The actress shared how she prepared for the scene, saying, “The drama is filled with heavy episodes in general, so adding romance into that could have messed up the intended message. I put a lot of thought into filming.”

She then revealed, “Since the two of us got along candidly like friends, I remember things got kind of awkward after we filmed the kiss scene.”

Jo-Bo-Ah-1.jpg

Jo Bo Ah also had nothing but good things to say about her experience working with Ahn Bo Hyun. “He’s someone who’s serious, has a lot of thoughts, and was born with good character,” she praised. “Since he’s someone I feel comfortable around, I relied on him a lot. I think he’s a great co-star who will remain memorable to me since we talked so much about the drama.”

Jo Bo Ah wrapped up the interview by sharing her thoughts on what made “Military Prosecutor Doberman” so popular with viewers. She mused, “It dealt with some depressing and heavy military topics, but the immersive script and the adequate and entertaining portrayal of the action genre were strokes of genius. I think the drama was so loved since it gave everyone a taste of satisfaction in the midst of our recently frustrating reality.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1525344wpp/jo-bo-ah-talks-about-working-with-ahn-bo-hyun-in-military-prosecutor-doberman-filming-action-scenes-and-more

• Beycuteful changed the title to Jo Bo Ah / Cho Bo Ah 조보아 - Jo Bo-ah named promotional envoy for tax agency with Lee Seung-gi
  • 3 weeks later...

Jo Bo-ah, an honest hard worker who grows up by breaking preconceived notions

Credit: Reporter Choi Jae-wook

52297_62855_512.jpg

It is as difficult as a camel to go through the eye of a needle for an actress who looks above average to be recognized for her acting. No matter how good the acting is, most people tend to focus on external beauty rather than acting. The beauty as a subject tends to attract more attention than the facial expressions, lines, and reactions that contain the details of the emotions that you have been thinking about all night.

Therefore, if you have a desire to become a really good actor without staying as a star, you have to practice and work harder than anyone else. The moment they realize that a star who had only a pretty face at first has become a true actor who contains the joys and sorrows of life, the public often feels great joy.

Actress Jo Bo-ah is such a case. At first, she made her splendid debut as a lead role in her debut film 'Shut up Handsome Boy Band' with her doll-like appearance and lovely presence, but her growth rate as an actor was slower. She has won the hearts of the public with her sincerity, descending from the lead role to the supporting role and ascending one step at a time, three times, the sub heroine and the heroine. With the tvN Monday-Tuesday drama 'Military Prosecutor Doberman', which ended last spring, she is now recognized for her acting skills and has a sense of weight as an actor. Even among industry insiders, the idea of Jo Bo-ah has changed from 'pretty girl' to 'a certain feeling of protagonist who can lead a drama well enough'. To that extent, 'Doberman, a Military Prosecutor,' became a work like a turning point in Jo Bo-ah's acting life, where she was recognized as an 'actress' and out of 'expected for many years'. 

52297_62856_5133.jpg

If you watch 'Military Prosecutor Doberman', you can see how tightly Jo Bo-ah bit her molars and played with all her might. In fact, Cha Woo-in, played by Jo Bo-ah, is a character that you see more in cartoons than in reality. Cha Woo-in, who became a military prosecutor to avenge for her father and painted the big picture of revenge, is a superwoman who wears a red wig and goes out to subdue several men when the decisive moment that needs to be resolved with her fists comes. Cha  Woo-in's diverse faces such as multiple incarnations, charismatic military prosecutors, and action queens were portrayed in an attractive and uninterrupted manner, thereby confirming her true worth to viewers. She made it clear how serious she was in acting and how much she wanted to be a good actor. 

In fact, it cannot be denied that reporters had preconceived notions about Jo Bo-ah. She grew up in a well-to-do family with lots of love and is a lovely girl who seems to know nothing about worries. Her face was also pretty and she was born with a fate that attracted everyone's attention, so she didn't seem to have any regrets at all. A style that is bright and by nature and makes everyone around her happy. Most of the staff she worked with treat, cherish and love Jo Bo-ah as her family, not only as an actor. So it's not easy to get her shady complex emotions out of her Jo Bo-ah's face. 

It is true that there were more people than expected when Jo Bo-ah was cast in 'Military prosecutor Doberman'. Although her acting skills in 'Tale of the Nine Tailed' were praised, the charismatic Cha Woo-in, who became a military prosecutor with a single sense of revenge, judged as an inappropriate outfit. Cha Woo-in plans a grand revenge project and attracts Do Bae-man (Ahn Bo-hyun), who will become a hunting dog, in earnest. Here, she is a 'Wonder Woman' literally, who is good at fighting and has tremendous abilities in court. Jo Bo-ah, who physically radiates loveliness, is a character that raises questions about whether she really suits her.

52297_62857_529.jpg

However, it was also impossible to judge an actor just by looking at the appearance. Jo Bo-ah completely erased herself and became Cha Woo-in herself. The smile that seemed to always brighten up the surroundings disappeared and was filled with desperate evil and fighter. The innate and charming tone of voice that seemed to never be able to be corrected disappeared, and there was only a charismatic military prosecutor who dominated the courtroom. After taking a year-and-a-half break after 'Gumiho', it was worthwhile to consult while waiting for a work that would elevate herself as an actor. As it is said that only the prepared can seize the opportunity, Jo Bo-ah was prepared and seized the opportunity that came to her. 

Jo Bo-ah is now in her 10th year of debut. What I learned through 'Doberman' is the fact that the public still doesn't know Jo Bo-ah's true form. Her image of a lovely girl, who seems to have everything, is just her preconceived notions and prejudices. She was always smiling and Jo Bo-ah, who always seemed happy. But her pure passion for acting, her earnest desire to be recognized as an actress, and a thirst that cannot be easily satisfied no matter how hard she tries. If some people do not get recognition, she will be jealous of others and the resentment against the world for not recognizing her may have accumulated, but Jo Bo-ah, who is kind-hearted, tried to remember her initial intentions honestly. She didn't stop practicing yet she studies the script ten more times. Such efforts have finally paid off. It seems that Jo Bo-ah's position as an actress, which seemed simple, has grown tremendously.

Spoiler

52297_62858_5245.jpg

I know that you can raise the question of how you can judge everything with one work of 'Doberman, a military prosecutor'. However, there is trust in the reporter who has been watching Jo Bo-ah's growth since her debut. "I have no doubts that no matter what difficult missions I am given, I will be able to solve them better because I have always been doing my best in each work and growing beyond my limits." We are already looking forward to seeing what kind of appearance she will surprise people around in the future. 

'Actress Jo Bo-ah', who has been in her 10th year since her debut, probably starts now. I wonder if the acting life she will draw in the future will be an exciting journey in which various colors come and go instead of one color. It will be a great pleasure for the public to watch Jo Bo-ah grow up by filling in the empty space with her overflowing passion.  

출처 : 아이즈(ize)(https://www.ize.co.kr)

Reporter Jung Woo-young   0 2022.06.14

'Mind Bridge' female line model Jo Bo-ah

thumb-3732223731_gsHumiMU_143944bf3a3795

TBH Global has selected actress Jo Bo-ah as a new model for ' Mind Bridge ' women's line . 

' Mind Bridge ' plans to present a high-sensitivity look that anyone can wear comfortably and stylishly by selecting Jo Bo-ah, who is active in various fields across dramas and entertainment, as a model .

The autumn/winter season pictorial with Jo Bo -ah was completed with various styling in daily life under the season concept of Things-ative (Things+Creative) . In the pictorial, Jo Bo-ah created a comfortable yet chic atmosphere by perfectly digesting a variety of outfits, from modern style setups to casual mood zip-up sweats .

A brand official said, " Jo Bo-ah was chosen as a new female muse because it fits well with the image pursued by the brand . She asks for continued interest in the chemistry between the two people with the male line model, actor Jung Hae-in, and the sensual and stylish design that ' Mind Bridge ' will draw in the future,  she said .

https://www.fashow.co.kr/2019/bbs/board.php?bo_table=styletrend&wr_id=8596

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[Culture News Reporter Jung Hyeon-soo] Actors Jo Bo-ah, Kim Ji-eun, and No Jeong-eui showed off a chic black fashion.

Boa Jo showed off her cynical visuals and enchanting atmosphere through the August issue of fashion magazine Vogue Korea.

The all-black fashion and overall toned-down makeup left a strong impression. She perfectly digested the y2k fashion trend, the thorny bun hair.

Jo Bo-ah will play the role of Lee Hong-jo in the JTBC Wednesday-Thursday drama 'This Love Is Irresistible', which will be broadcast for the first time on August 23, and will show romance with Rowoon, who plays Jang Shin-yu.

출처 : 문화뉴스(https://www.mhns.co.kr)

Boa Jo (provided by Vogue Korea)

Jo Bo-ah, chic all-black fashion... captivating eyes

Enter 2023-07-29 00:03Updated 2023-07-29 00:03
reading mode Open the font size setting layer listen to the news print
Actor Jo Bo-ah overwhelms the gaze with a captivating atmosphere.

Jo Bo-ah recently released a pictorial through the August issue of the magazine Vogue Korea.

Jo Bo-ah in the photos left an intensity with an all-black fashion and overall toned-down makeup. If she radiated confident energy with charismatic eyes in the first cut, in the second cut she added a more mature charm with a pose with a graceful line.

In addition, Jo Bo-ah has become a wannabe by perfecting the Y2K fashion trend, thorny bun hair. In particular, it is rumored that at the shooting site at the time, she showed various and unique poses one after another, drawing admiration from the staff at the scene.

120463946.2.jpg

Meanwhile, Jo Bo-ah plays the role of Lee Hong-jo, a civil servant in the greenery department of Wenju City Hall, who gets a forbidden book that was thoroughly sealed 300 years ago in the JTBC drama 'This Love Is Irresistible'. Romance will be presented.

'This Love Is Irresistible' will be broadcast for the first time at 10:30 pm on the 23rd of August.

style_64ba122f2da32-748x930.jpg