[Drama 2021] You Are My Spring, 너는 나의 봄

larus

You Are My Spring: Episodes 13-14 Open Thread

by missvictrix

YAMS1314_1.jpg

As our couple deals with the pain of their breakup and the repercussions that follow, they’re forced to look at their decision to part ways. Was it really for the best? While their relationship takes the foreground, in the background we learn much about what happened at the orphanage, and where it all started to go wrong for the twins.

EPISODES 13-14 WEECAP

YAMS1314_2.jpg

Are Da-jung and Young-do better apart, so they can’t cause each other any possible future hurt? Or are they better together in a partnership where they can support each other with whatever comes their way? I know the answer, and you know the answer, and luckily for our couple, so does their group of friends. And they get an A+ for meddling and intervening.

The more the drama goes on, the more I just love all these side characters. From Young-do’s goofy pals that act half their age, to Da-jung’s deep friendship with Eun-ha, her new one with Ga-young, and heck, even the coffee shop part-timer and the nurse at Young-do’s clinic — each character brings so much color to the story. Even when we only see fragments of their story, or they serve a tangential and comedic purpose, the story wouldn’t feel complete without them.

You Are My Spring has always been a bit of tonal ping-pong, going from the more cute and sweet side of the romance and relationships, to the darker current of murder and disturbed minds. But it’s also handled its side characters in a really beautiful way, and in its own time, given each of them a chance to shine.

Eun-ha had her moment were we learned about her wounded heart (which makes the reveal of her dating Da-jung’s little brother even more squee). Ga-young had her moment where we got her backstory, and saw into her soul a little. And this week, it was time to learn about NURSE OH (Baek Hyun-joo).

I have long appreciated her as a character in the drama for her general goofiness and awesome comedic timing, but it’s a testament to this drama’s strength how in the space of a short flashback, they can hit us in the heart. We learn how Nurse Oh met Young-do, how he was able to counsel her in her grief, and with that, their bond in the present becomes even more meaningful.

So between Nurse Oh, Ga-young, and all the other friends, everyone is equally horrified about Young-do and Da-jung’s breakup (especially since half of them were hiding on the roof and heard most of that horrible scene play out). Each character lets their opinion be heard loud and clear, whether it’s chewing Young-do out (Ga-young for the win!), videotaping Young-do expressing his true feelings, or sharing that video with Da-jung — each friend plays a part in their getting back together.From here on out, it’s just pure unadulterated sweetness for Da-jung and Young-do. These two have such an innocence about them, and are so in love. It’s precious to watch them all giddy together, but it’s even better to watch the immediate support they now provide each other. For instance, when the Choi Jung-min/Ian Chase case is on the news (yet again), Young-do is there for Da-jung almost instantaneously.

YAMS1314_5.jpg

If I could venture one complaint this week, it’s that I do crave more of this Choi Jung-min/Ian Chase story. I like what we get, but it’s always so suspenseful and interesting that when we do get it, I just want more! The drama switches to this storyline pretty suddenly, and always has, but something about the quick shifts works for me.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/08/you-are-my-spring-episodes-13-14-open-thread/

• Like 3

Stills.

Original image

Kim Dong Wook and Yoon Park created a tense atmosphere.

In this regard, in episode 15, which will be aired on the 23rd, Kim Dong Wook and Yoon Park have a precarious 'meeting face-to-face' for the 'desperation battle' that cannot be backed down. In the play, Joo Young Do and Chase faced each other in front of Nanum First Church, where everything started when they were young. Chase shows an expression full of ugency, unlike the cold and expressionless appearance he has seen so far, while Joo Young Do shows his determination by flashing his eyes. As Joo Young Do stares at Chase firmly, the first time the scene of the chase that turns red is unfolding, and attention is focused on what the ending of the two people's 'final fight' will be.

While Kim Dong Wook and Yoon Park were preparing for the scene of 'Face-to face', they put aside the tension for a while and shared a pleasant conversation and gave warmth. Soon after, the two of them challenged the production team and ice cream betting rock-paper-scissors for the staff of 'You Are My Spring', who struggled with filming in hot weather, and then won and cheered. However, the two of them, who achieved a sea of laughter, caught their breath as soon as they started filming, and then changed their minds by empathizing with Joo Young Do and Chase, respectively. [google translation]

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002982732

• Like 2

'You Are My Spring' Oh Hyun Kyung, 'Best 5 scenes' with a deep resonance every time.

Original image

Oh Hyun Kyung captivated the public with her deep acting.

Oh Hyun Kyung showed a wide acting spectrum by disassembling Mun Mi Ran, a safe haven and strong support for adults. I took a look at Oh Hyun Kyung's lines and scenes that made a strong impression on her.

#. Episode 1 "There are no free gifts in the world, if you give me a leg, I will cut off my tongue"

The fairy tales that Mi Ran told me in the past were extremely realistic. A bright future, a life far from a happy ending, was projected. In addition, Mi Ran who talks in a blunt tone without a single smile, as if there is no fantasy at all, contains suffering, loneliness, and sadness, which doubles the pity.

#. Episode 7 "Don't be afraid to fall in love, parting in the world isn't all that hard"

Mi Ran silently read through Eun Ha (Kim Ye Won), who was afraid of love. In particular, Mi Ran who comforted Eun Ha based on her own experiences, drew sympathy from everyone who had been through a breakup at least once. Moreover, Mi Ran warm eyes and expression touched even the hearts of viewers.

#. Episode 11 "I kept my promise, did I tell you not to look for it before I die?"

Facing the death of her husband, who she loved more than anyone, but who she feared for the rest of her life, Mi Ran poured out the complicated emotions that flooded in her alone. Even at the moment when a wound that had been burned for a long time burst, Mi Ran who cried while avoiding the eyes of the children, conveyed the pain of the past.

#. Episode 12 "Can I cry in front of my mother, should I go to Seoul now?"

Mi Ran's words to care for Da Jung (Seo Hyun Jin), who broke up with Young Do (Kim Dong Wook), were more reassuring than any other thousand soldiers. Not only that, but Mi Ran who runs one step at a time to care for the child and hugs her sweetly without asking anything, healed the adult children with various wounds of this era and devoured the cathode ray tube.

#. Episode 13 "Anyone can get sick in life, but you said it as if it was your fault. I'm sorry/"

Mi Ran comforted Young Do, who had been sick and hard, in a bright and calm tone. Above all, she apologized for her past actions of not being sick, and Mi Ran reached out to Young Do with a special amulet and said that he now has nine lives.

As such, Oh Hyun Kyung delivered a heavy sound every time with her stable acting and delicate tuning. By completing the characters with different expressive powers for each situation and character, the richness of the play was added, and the message that the work wanted to convey was captured in the acting. Therefore, expectations are high for 'You Are My Spring' and Mi Ran's narrative, which only has two episodes ahead until the end. [google trans]

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/410/0000811009

1 hour ago, shjfan23 said:

Does DJ’s mother have a change of heart on her relationship with YD?

Guessing from the twitter caption, she should be really satisfied with YD!?

"It's not Joo Young Do, it's Joo Seobang?! What else will happen in episode 15"

*Joo Seobang means Joo son-in-law* :P

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, hola2jin said:

Guessing from the twitter caption, she should be really satisfied with YD!

"It's not Joo Young Do, it's Joo Seobang?! What else will happen in episode 15"

*Joo Seobang means Joo son in law* :P

Sooo cool! I guess she really loves YD!!!!

27 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

Ian and DJ  should have  more scenes together.   

He always does something unexpected and she looks classy. 

I agree! This was lacking.. I thought Ian will change and pursue DJ..but I guess they push the main leads more. But I’m still satisfied!!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, shjfan23 said:

Not sure if it’s only me, but I did not see this scene in ep15

Oh really? I have not watch ep. 15 yet, if you didn't see it, then will be in the next ep. And from the finale preview, seems like we'll get a Doda's happy ending? I hope Ian Chase will be healed from his past wound too! 

• Like 1

Actors Seo Hyun Jin, Kim Dong Wook, Yoon Park, and Nam Gyu Ri shared their thoughts on the ending of 'You Are My Spring'.

Original image

First, Seo Hyun Jin who aroused a healing sympathy as Kang Da Jung, who overcame the trauma caused by her father's violence as child and grew up to the extent of healing the wounds of others, said, "Seven months of filming is over and I went through all four seasons. A lot of hearts come and go," she said, expressing her feelings with a unique sensibility. She continued, "It was a happy time because there were articles like my own. Thank you to the viewers who cared for me." As she recalled the special feelings of living as Kang Da Jung, she did not forget to say thanks to the viewers.

Kim Dong Wook, who gave comfort and healing to viewers, including Kang Da Jung, as a psychiatrist Joo Young Do, said, "The last filming of 'You Are My Spring', which we've been together for a long time, has finally come to an end. I am grateful that I was able to finish filming in a friendly atmosphere with fun and always," he recalled the past. He also said, "We have had a hard time filming in various difficult situations, but thanks to the love and support of many people for our drama, I think we were able to run with all our strength until the end. I'll do it. Thank you for loving 'You Are My Spring' during this time."

Spoiler

Yoon Park, who showed the lives of the two characters as Chae Jun and Chase, said, "It started in a very good spring and has passed until the summer. It was difficult while acting Chae Jun and Chase, but the director and surrounding actors helped me a lot, so I had a lot fun filming." In addition, "I got very close with the staff, the director, and the actors, but it's a bit regretful that I can't gather with this member again in this place. 'is over, but I hope it will remain as a drama that will be remembered by you often in the future."

Nam Gyu Ri, who played the role of Ahn Ga Young, showed a wide spectrum of acting, from her four-dimensional quirky charm to the appearance of overcoming the pain that was hard enough to want to die, said, "It was the first time for a warm emotional romance apart from the genre I've been doing before. I tried my best to show it to you," she recalled the moments when she completely  melted into Ahn Ga Young, Then she added, "The people around Ahn Ga Young sent a lot of affection, and looking back, I was so happy and grateful."

[google trans]

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002983078

• Love 2

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2021] You Are My Spring, 너는 나의 봄