[Drama 2021] You Are My Spring, 너는 나의 봄

larus

I really enjoyed this drama - From the leads that kept it steady to the incredible secondary characters, The Ex & Patrick, The brother & cafe owner, Mom, the secretary/nurse (not enough screentime, deserved more), The Vet and the Physical Trainer ( they should've given them a chance ) :tears:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Everything fall into its place! So happy with the ending. But I always got nervous everytime YD is in slow motion. I thought he’s going to faint or somethine because of his heart condition. LOL!!!

I love how Ian dreamt of being friends with DoDa. How happy it would be!

But above all, I feel sad about Chae Joon. He sacrified his life for Ian and DJ. 

This drama really speaks to its genre, a healing drama. The finale gave all the feels to keep moving forward even if it’s hard. I hope everyone here find their Spring. 
I had fun on this thread! I hope to see you again on the next SHJ drama!!! :)

• Like 2

You Are My Spring: Episodes 15-16 Open Thread (Final)

by missvictrix

YAMS1516_1.jpg

As we draw to the end of our tale, our wider plot points are concluded, and we get some nice wrap-up for each of our side characters and stories as well. But what our finale excels at the most is tying up the story’s themes and emotions, and giving us something to take with us after the drama is over.

EPISODES 15-16 WEECAP

You Are My Spring has always been a bit scattershot with its tones and side plots — we’ve had murder and sociopathy right next to emotional healing and idol romance — but that was half of the charm, right?

In our final week, things settle down on all fronts, and there’s a sense of finality for each storyline and relationship. The interesting way the romance and murder storylines intersected throughout the drama continues right till the bitter end, and I’m left with two conflicting feelings. One, that the romance + murder didn’t fit together at all and the two plots were more parallel than anything; and two, that because they were so different and only vaguely woven together, they actually became something even more meaningful.

Da-jung and Young-do have climbed their mountain, and their relationship feels delightfully sweet and solid. They’re both mature adults, but their romance also has his innocence to it that’s been really charming. What’s left for them this week is to iron out the tiny wrinkle with Da-jung’s mother.

Da-jung’s mother has a really lovely discussion with Young-do as she basically gives him the (second) seal of approval, even though he’s been painted as not a healthy dude. Her encouragement to him, and the ajumma hazing, were quite sweet, but I think the most moving might have been her exchanges with her daughter. They felt incredibly raw. How did this drama capture so well the emotions of a mother who must acknowledge that now someone else will become the most important figure in her daughter’s life? *Single tear*

It goes without saying, but I’ll say it anyway: You Are My Spring has excelled at these beautifully written and quite sensitive (for lack of a better word) scenes between its characters. I’ve enjoyed how at one point or another, each of our characters has interacted with each other in ways we didn’t expect — and really, ways that didn’t even matter that much (in terms of the plot). Is it random, or is it very much like life? I think it’s the latter.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2021/08/you-are-my-spring-episodes-15-16-open-thread-final/

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Not really a fan of mystery/thriller kdramas but I watching this because of Seo Hyun Jin. I’m currently on episode 4 and admittedly it is slower compared to her other dramas I’ve watched (i.e. AOHY, DR and TBI) but it is not without it’s charm. SHJ is cute in curly hair and very professional in her hotel attire.
I’m really curious why the ratings were not that good in the succeeding episodes. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...