[Current Drama 2022 & 2024] Pachinko, 파친코 - Lee Min Ho, Youn Yuh Jung, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai, Kaho Minami - Streaming on Apple TV+ | Season 1 & 2

syntyche

Spoiler

Kim Min Ha Dishes On

Kim Min Ha Dishes On "Pachinko" Season 2, Life Lessons From Her Acting Career, And More

“Pachinko” star Kim Min Ha is gracing the pages of Elle Korea magazine!

Kim Min Ha, who plays Sun Ja in “Pachinko,” recently posed for a photo shoot with a lovely concept that captured her fresh look in broad daylight.

In an interview following the shoot, Kim Min Ha was asked about her anticipation for Season 2 of “Pachinko.” She responded, “In Season 1, I felt the pressure of everyone on set not knowing me, but in Season 2, it was the opposite. All the staff recognized me. I also faced challenges unique to a season-based series. I had to subtly show how Sun Ja has changed over the years while maintaining the character I developed in Season 1.”

kim-min-ha-1.jpg

Regarding the main topics of discussion on set, Kim Min Ha shared, “We talked about the hopes each character holds. Compared to Season 1, Season 2 is set against a more dramatic backdrop, including a world war. There are many characters who have lost their families and are devastated. We discussed what gave them the strength to keep going.”

Spoiler

kim-min-ha-3.jpg

On relating to Sun Ja, Kim Min Ha revealed, “I put myself in Sun Ja’s place and imagined what it would be like to live her life. Even though I haven’t lived through war, I found moments of happiness and reasons to smile even during the toughest times of my life. Holding onto a thread of hope seems very important in life.”

kim-min-ha-2.jpg

When asked what her thread of hope is, Kim Min Ha replied, “Family, my dog, friends. The small things I can sense for myself—like the sudden scent of flowers or a breeze on a very hot day—those tiny sensations are significant sources of hope for me.”

As Kim Min Ha approaches the seventh anniversary of her debut in the industry, she reflected on what she has learned throughout her career. The actress shared that one of the most important lessons she’s learned is how to listen. She explained, “In recent years, I’ve really learned how to listen to others. Acting is about listening, observing, and then expressing those observations in my own way. I’ve learned how to absorb more effectively during the process of conveying [others’ experiences] through acting.”

Spoiler

kim-min-ha-5.jpg

When asked what she doesn’t want to lose as an actress, she responded, “Myself. If I lose myself, everything I do becomes meaningless. Therefore, self-care is my top priority. I practice meditation, exercise, and read books.”

kim-min-ha-4.jpg

Kim Min Ha’s full photo shoot and interview will be available in the September issue of Elle Korea.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1683143wpp/kim-min-ha-dishes-on-pachinko-season-2-life-lessons-from-her-acting-career-and-more

• Like 2

Pachinko Season 2 is already generating buzz as 'the best drama of our era', even before its official premiere

With just one day left, prepare to witness Minho's dedicated performance in this masterpiece. Another iconic role is on the horizon

And don't forget to revisit how to watch <Pachinko> Season 2 on Apple TV+.

Mark your calendars for August 23rd!

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 8/17/2024 at 7:40 PM, CarolynH said:

I hope we get some insight how Hansu became a part of the Yakuza.  We know from ep 7 that he was a very different person from the man who seduced Sunja.

Yes. I would like his Yakuza story, how he got into the gang and rose to the top.

• Like 1

Full presscon.  It's still in the process of being translated.  I read some comments that old Sunja looked disinterested during the press con.  I didn't think so.  I noticed that she talked to LMH often.  

I liked this channel in the spoiler a lot when I watched Shogun.  I haven't watched ep 1 of Pachinko yet, and therefore haven't seen this video.  

Spoiler

• Like 3

Someone asked the youtuber why didn't you interview LMH. 
The youtuber's answer : The first one I like to interview was LMH, but he had limited places and I was not big enough to be one of them to do the interview with him. 

• Like 2

[TV Talk] ‘Pachinko 2’ Lee Min-ho’s rediscovery, worthy of taking first place in 14 countries

‘Pachinko’ has released its second season. 'Pachinko 2', which was released on the 23rd, not only recorded a 100% freshness index on Rotten Tomatoes, but also recorded 100% freshness index on Rotten Tomatoes, as of August 25th on FlixPatrol, a global OTT viewing ranking site, in 14 countries, including Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, and the Philippines. It is garnering a warm response, ranking first in the Apple TV+ TOP 10 TV Shows category.

Spoiler

'Pachinko', which warmly captures a narrative on a grand scale, is a story that begins with forbidden love and travels between Korea, Japan, and the United States, drawing an unforgettable chronicle of war and peace, love and separation, victory and judgment. 

In season 1, the love between 'Seonja' (played by Kim Min-ha) and 'Han-su' (played by Lee Min-ho), and while pregnant with 'Han-su's child, she marries 'Isak' (played by Noh Sang-hyun), leaves Joseon and moves to Osaka in a barren place. struggling for survival. 'Seonja' (played by Yoon Yeo-jeong), who worked hard to survive, is living a richer golden age with his son 'Mojasu' (played by Park So-hee) and grandson 'Solomon' (played by Jin-ha), as if he never went through such hardships, but he is still sleeping. It depicts a life of discrimination and neglect within the glass walls of Ichi (Korean residents in Japan). 

Season 2 depicts the story seven years after the time when the young sage lived. The time between the prophet and Solomon living in the present remains unchanged, but instead, it sheds light on the life process the prophet went through in a more speedy manner. 

Although 'Pachinko' depicts the story from the 1910s to 1989, Season 2's time period is set in the 1940s, which was experiencing World War II and the Korean War. The 'Seonja' children grow up quickly, and 'Seonja' and 'Kyung Hee' (Jung Eun-chae) adapt to reality and do everything they can to keep their children from going hungry. Meanwhile, 'Hansoo' says that he has never missed 'Seonja' even for a single moment, and hovers around 'Seonja' without being able to tell whether he is a long-legged man or an obsessed man. 

The amazing art that seems to have been copied from that era and the realistically large-scale sets were already the subject of surprise in Season 1, so in Season 2, you can immerse yourself in the world view of 'Pachinko' without resistance and join the characters' narratives. 

The plump face of 'Seonja', where it is difficult to read the passage of time, may be a bit of an obstacle, but Lee Min-ho's acting in expressing the chronology of 'Hansu' is truly amazing. This is Lee Min-ho, who has naturally blended aspects of himself from his energetic 20s, to his 30s, which is the same age as his actual age, to his 40s, where he has accumulated more experience and power, and perhaps even his early 50s. I thought he was an actor who was only good at youthful romances and pretentious romantic comedies, but through this 'Pachinko' series, Lee Min-ho showed off his talents to the fullest. 

In Season 1, the large narrative covering the historical background and Zainichi's joys and sorrows was strong, but in Season 2, the delicate expressions of each actor were highlighted within the familiar world view, and the conflicts and desires of individual characters and the world they dreamed of were diversely presented. I drew it. Although they are grouped together as a family of 'good men' and can be seen as one lump, they each live for different reasons and comforts. In a world where there are no one-sided victims or perpetrators, someone has no choice but to act selfishly in order to survive, and those actions gather together to create history. It calmly depicts that it can become a past that cannot be washed away. 

Perhaps because of this story, foreign media outlets are rushing to praise it, calling it “the best classic in history” and “a beautiful epic of love and struggle.” 

When you watch it all to the end, you will be curious about the next story of the 'Seonja' family. Season 3 is a story that must come out, but the problem is that even if Season 3 comes out, people will be curious about the lives of Solomon and the Son after 1989. 

Yoon Yeo-jeong, who played the old 'good man', refused to appear in Season 3, saying that Japanese lines were too difficult, but the rest of the actors, including Lee Min-ho and Kim Min-ha, desperately want to appear in Season 3. If viewers around the world desperately want it, will Yoon Yeo-jeong's heart be moved? 

'Pachinko' Season 2 consists of a total of 8 episodes, and following the first episode released on Friday, August 23, new episodes will be released every Friday through Apple TV+ until Friday, October 11. .

https://m-entertain-naver-com.translate.goog/article/408/0000233759?_x_tr_sl=ko&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

• Like 2
  • Blob 1