Wang Chu Ran
Wang Yan
Zhang Zhi Xi
Hong Jian Tao
Yu Rong Guang
Liu Min
Lian Lian

Synopsis:

Set during the Ming dynasty, the drama revolves around the food bureau of the imperial palace. To host diplomatic corps and government intelligence agencies from around the world, the Yongle Emperor decides to recruit women who are talented in cooking to the food bureau. After a tough selection, Yao Zijin manage to enter the food bureau as a palace maid. She meets Lu Xingqiao, a former beggar and Su Yuehua, a genius cook. The three of them work together and encourage one another, coming up with unique cuisines which incorporate Chinese medicine, and also re-creating old classic famous dishes. Yao Zijin slowly works her way up in the food bureau, and also improving her craft at the same time. Finally, she realizes the real meaning of "food" and decides to give up competing for the position of "Shang Shi", instead deciding to leave the palace and spread the beauty of Chinese cuisine among the ordinary folks.
(Source: DramaWiki) 

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Thanks 1

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Royal Feast 尚食
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Imperial Cuisine aka Royal Feast 尚食
  • 1 month later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Royal Feast 尚食

Having checked out a few eps, these are my humble and honest opinions. No offence intended:

1) Slow pace. Not much excitement in the initial few eps.

2) FL (Wu Jin Yan) is too old to act :

-  as a young girl who just join the Culinary Department of the Palace. 

-  as someone who catches the eyes of the dashing Grandson of the Emperor, the son of the Crown Prince.

The styling of her hair does not enhance her looks either.  The outcome would be different, if they had taken a younger actress - someone in her 20's (late or mid).  But then this is a Yu Zheng production.  So not surprising. 

3) Wu Jin Yan looks different this time around: Thinner.  In all her previous dramas (I've only watched 2: Untouchable Lovers and The Story of Yanxi Palace), there is this Unique Movements of Her Lips and Jaw Muscles whenever she speaks.  Like she requires much more efforts than an average person.  

There is no such problems in this Drama.  I'm thinking.  Either she had had some plastic works done on that part of her face.  Or she has learnt to "Tone Down" on her Verbal Muscles.

In terms of Acting, her Fellow-Supporting Casts are doing a better job than her.

I'm Exiting this drama.  But "Happy Watching" to all of you here :lol:

I'm surprised to see an almost "dead silent" discussion here.:wut:

This is a very good production, IMO. Not just for Xu Kai and WJY, an adorable CP, but also for the food showcase, the script (full of memorable golden quotes), the culture, the music, the overall cast, and the cinematography of it. It's a pity Soompiers don't appreciate it. 

Love the OST! Beautiful! And well sung by both Lu Hu and Wang Yizhe respectively.

Spoiler

Back to more of the Royal Feast. It's a real delight, and it makes me hungry as I watch it. lol... :wow1:

Edited by SC2019
Please put 4th image/video onwards into spoiler. TQ
  • Like 2

I'm holding off watching this until it finishes its run.

I want to marathon.

After all, it's Xu Kai.

I'm also iffy about the female lead...I've seen her once in another costume drama and I didn't become a fan.

I hope I get a better impression of her this time. 

• Like 1

I am also surprised with the lack of discussions concerning this drama here.
I am currently watching it now and am really enjoying it.  

The CP is great and the depiction of the food is interesting. 

I really enjoy dramas set in this era, the Ming dynasty. 

• Like 4

On 3/7/2022 at 12:25 PM, Hvnlyangel said:

I am also surprised with the lack of discussions concerning this drama here.
I am currently watching it now and am really enjoying it.  

The CP is great and the depiction of the food is interesting. 

I really enjoy dramas set in this era, the Ming dynasty. 

Is there much palace intrigue and politics?

I'm trying to hold off watching until it finishes so I have a sort of background. 

Some ancient dramas tend to have more politics than romance. 

I don't know how the drama is doing in China, but although I've decided to continue watching, I have a lot of stones to throw in the production team's direction. If the drama has any success it should be practically solemnly bcs of the actors' strong fanbase and the amount of money the producers put in the drama itself.

It is my understanding the production team is practically same that was behind The Court Lady? I personally clearly see the same mistakes like for example lack of leads' quality time together. It's really a torture to sit and wait for a long time for their scenes together to come finally :D.

Also, re WJY's styling-I understand they had to stay true to the hair styling that was used in that particular period of time. However, when you have an actress with that unique face "bones structure", you had to "get out of the box" and try your best to make her look good. It's your job! 

Ufff. Sorry for such a long and emotional post, I'm just a bit disappointed and have a feeling this drama could have been done so much better if the production team had done a better job...

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Royal Feast 尚食