[Drama 2021-2022] Snowdrop, 설강화

gm4queen

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

JTBC’s “Snowdrop” has released new stills of Jung Hae In and BLACKPINK’s Jisoo in church.

In the stills released on January 22, Young Ro (Jisoo) prays desperately in church. No one else is there but Su Ho (Jung Hae In), who watches over her and sits by her quietly without a word. The church is the chapel attached to the dorm where Young Ro lives. Although the two confirmed their feelings for each other last episode, they have another serious conversation in the chapel.

jung-hae-in-jisoo-snowdrop.jpeg

jisoo-snowdrop.jpeg

Spoiler

jung-hae-in-blackpink-jisoo-snowdrop.jpe

In the upcoming episode, Su Ho and Young Ro will continue to comfort each other in a rapidly deteriorating situation. Su Ho and Kang Moo (Jang Seung Jo) set up a scheme to reveal the presidential election espionage to the world, but their plans are unexpectedly derailed. Su Ho and Kang Moo also have to find the hidden spy as the people in the dorm grow increasingly suspicious of each other.

This episode will air on January 22 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

Previously, “Snowdrop” confirmed that it will now end on January 30, airing two episodes that night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509550wpp/blackpinks-jisoo-prays-desperately-as-jung-hae-in-watches-over-her-in-snowdrop

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'm a little confused.....why is the unknown North Korean spy hiding herself? I mean I get why she is hiding herself now since she is probably following orders from Soo Ho's dad to eventually kill the "betrayers"........but like before Soo-Ho "betrayed" his country - why didn't she reveal herself since they were on the same side? Like how Dr Kang revealed herself to Soo Ho and his two comrades - she didn't have to since only Soo Ho recognised her back then but she did reveal herself anyway.

And also that part where all the hostages almost escaped - Dr Kang came to the North Korean spies rescue instead, why didn't this hidden spy do anything to help then since she is among the students who were "escaping"??? It doesn't benefit North Korea had they successfully escaped - even if she was working for Soo Ho's dad, he would've wanted all the hostages to be kept inside too.........so it would've made more sense for her to help then?

And Dr Kang! After all that talk on "I'll repay you the next time we meet" but she tries to kill him while he was making her tea?! Jeez.

Edited by baconham
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

So it's not really confirmed that the spy is the Kitchen Lady, am I right? I remember the early theory about Hyeryoung being a NK spy, she also goes by the name Ko Hye Ja. It could also be Grandpa Mandong, he's just faking his bad leg and the way his son is claiming he's not a good person as what Bun-ok thinks.  

At the ending, is it Nam Tae Il's doing? 

The fact that the staffs were wearing long padded jacket :o the actors did well in that weather!

@Rogue85 I thought CY was aware about SH's father, but she only found out during the fight with him

• Blob 1

Wild guess but I think the girl who sleep walks could be the spy. There was a scene when Soo Ho first joined hands with Kang Moo and after that he honestly disclosed the election scheme to everyone in the chapel - that sleepwalking girl was the only one who said she didn't care and that she "needed to study for her law finals" and then Ms Pi told her to shut up lol. It seemed a bit weird that she was the only unaffected one after hearing something that huge.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, baconham said:

Wild guess but I think the girl who sleep walks could be the spy. There was a scene when Soo Ho first joined hands with Kang Moo and after that he honestly disclosed the election scheme to everyone in the chapel - that sleepwalking girl was the only one who said she didn't care and that she "needed to study for her law finals" and then Ms Pi told her to shut up lol. It seemed a bit weird that she was the only unaffected one after hearing something that huge.

Ohhh! It’s also mentioned that she stays up the latest studying alone in the library. Then again, how would she get around sending msgs to the North without Ms.Pi finding out? The whole dorm was wiretapped. So many questions left and only 4 episodes. 

• Blob 1

<Snowdrop> sightings few months ago.  Unlike other dramas where Kfans are free to post their sightings in sns, <Snowdrop> filming was so secretive and we only get to see these sightings and food truck supports AFTER few episodes of the drama aired.

girl??

Tonite episode the tension continues, what is going to happen to Sohoo & Youngro again after her dad got shot? And the drama is putting our detective skills on test.  The spy could it be someone too obvious or one whose been under the radar all this time. The kitchen lady who can hold a rifle or the nerdy glasses

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, Heedong said:

So it's not really confirmed that the spy is the Kitchen Lady, am I right? I remember the early theory about Hyeryoung being a NK spy, she also goes by the name Ko Hye Ja. It could also be Grandpa Mandong, he's just faking his bad leg and the way his son is claiming he's not a good person as what Bun-ok thinks.  

Yeah I remember Hye Ryeong was suspect because of the song she sang but I think it might be too obvious if it’s her. The codename says it’s a musical instrument.

I think it could be Grandpa Mandong. Maybe there’s a string instrument somewhere in his basement that we haven’t seen yet. I’m suspicious with what his son says, that he isn’t what everyone thinks who he is. He knows how to pick locks so he can easily go outside and send coded messages so he wouldn’t be suspected by Ms Pi and her wiretap. But let’s see... I can’t wait to find out who it is!!!

• Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Due to new and dangerous developments in the Hosu Women’s University dorm, Jung Hae In, Yoo In Na, and Jang Seung Jo are forced to work together for their own survival and the safety of hostages and colleagues.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Nam Tae Il (Park Sung Woong) orders a team of shooters to move in on the Hosu Women’s University dorm, where a hostage situation is taking place. In order to save the hostages and colleagues, Su Ho (Jung Hae In) and Chung Ya (Yoo In Na), who are North Korean agents sent to South Korea, decide to work together, along with team leader Kang Mu (Jang Seung Jo) at the Agency for National Security Planning (ANSP).

In the preview for episode 13, Nam Tae Il, who is the secretary-general of the ruling party, declares, “I will take back those their occupied territory in 10 minutes.” After ANSP director Eun Chang Soo (Heo Joon Ho) was shot and collapsed, Nam Tae Il became the sole head of the hostage recovery mission. From the very start, Nam Tae Il had advocated a show of force and power in response to the hostage situation.

Now Su Ho, Chung Ya, and Kang Mu have to come up with a plan to counter the team of shooters. In the new stills, the three of them hold a serious and tense discussion about how to survive this new attack.

snowdrop-jang-seung-jo-jung-hae-in-yoo-i

This episode will air on January 23 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1509606wpp/jung-hae-in-yoo-in-na-and-jang-seung-jo-form-an-emergency-teamup-as-dorm-falls-into-peril-in-snowdrop

• Like 2

in its handling of one of the most sensitive eras of Korea's modern history, Snowdrop has repeatedly shown itself to be utterly tone-deaf as it patched together a fantastical story built on baffling moral arcs and informed by real events and real characters. :D as the series has unfolded, it has become ever more fantastical, reliant on absurd coincidences, while its storytelling is stilted and tedious.

on a bright side note, Jung Hae In literally glows like our first love in Snowdrop. if he is using a special backlight, we sure want to buy and give it to our very own Oppas. :D

meanwhile, screenwriter Yoo Hyun Mi, with that in mind, if Snowdrop can sustain its strong romantic story elements, the compelling cadence of the story would flow.

after watching the scene when Soo Ho listening to Young Ro's tape and then he's decided to record his voice too (but we didn't know yet what he's gonna say) I think in the end he's gonna die and then Young Ro will hear his recording after he died. the thought of hearing 'I love you' for the every moments may send a rush of euphoria through body. lets say, when we keen on someone, those words often ring as a rite of passage. wondering when to say 'I love you'. Snowdrop, a love tale worth rooting for. :D

• Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

Gahhh with every episode I feel like the possibility of a happy ending decreases for Soo Ho and Yeong Ro. Initially I thought there would be a very slighttttt chance that Kang Mu would be the one to help those two in the end but after today's episode it doesn't look he will be helping them after all. Why did he betray Soo Ho whyyyyyy :unamused:

The stepmom in ep 14's preview looks like she's about to betray her husband too once she heard him say that he wants to get them out alive. Betrayal everywhere ahhh

Edited by baconham
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1