[Drama 2021-2022] Snowdrop, 설강화

gm4queen

5 hours ago, shinkeru said:

That’s interesting and very possible. I still can’t wrap my head around this situation of Boon Ok being a spy and revealing that info to everyone  though. It seems to me that it’s better to hide that info as much as possible like the way Dr Kang did in the beginning. If she were a spy and had to keep tabs on SH and YR, it’ll be easier to do if her identity wasn’t revealed. As far as last episode, she hadn’t compromised her situation or broke any ideologies so I guess I’m just puzzled about it as she gave the impression of that character who would do anything just to get out of her dire circumstance. Unless the writer is trolling us with how she is depicted. Anyway, whether she is a spy or not, her life seems pitiful either way. And might end in tragedy with how the writer seem to imply YR’s handing to her the Romeo and Juliet book as a way of her being passed on that tragic ending.

I never really stopped to think about the Romeo and Juliet book! I wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case. K-dramas are known to use books as props that hint at something. 

Given everything we’ve all written and the points that have been made I’m starting to wonder if the photos of Bun Ok wearing her dress is a daydream, much like how YeongRo was daydreaming of dancing with Sooho. It could explain the out of place outfit and why she and CY are clean and unharmed. Bun Ok could just be wondering what it would be like to be the one with power for once? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, littleinvisiblenao said:

I never really stopped to think about the Romeo and Juliet book! I wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case. K-dramas are known to use books as props that hint at something. 

Given everything we’ve all written and the points that have been made I’m starting to wonder if the photos of Bun Ok wearing her dress is a daydream, much like how YeongRo was daydreaming of dancing with Sooho. It could explain the out of place outfit and why she and CY are clean and unharmed. Bun Ok could just be wondering what it would be like to be the one with power for once? 

Oh I hadn’t thought of it just being her imagination! She does give that impression of wanting to be above everyone else. That’s just going to look more pitiful though. The way she has dreams of a better life but those are out of her reach and the only way she could have it is through her daydream. :pensive::cry:

10 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Maybe the dorm plan will be useful for Suho..

I wonder how Gyokchan is going to get out of that room.

Me too. I wonder whose side Comrade Joo will be on. I’m starting to think no one’s going to help them. SH has to find their own way out. 

• Like 3

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

The tension and thrill will continue in the next episode of JTBC’s “Snowdrop”!

Directed and written by the “SKY Castle” team, “Snowdrop” is set in Seoul in 1987. It is about the love story between Su Ho (Jung Hae In), a student at a prestigious university who rushes into a women’s university covered in blood one day, and Young Ro (BLACKPINK‘s Jisoo), a student at the women’s university who hides and take care of him despite facing danger and close surveillance.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Snowdrop,” Lee Kang Moo (Jang Seung Jo) and Pi Seung Hee (Yoon Se Ah) attempted to escape the dormitory with the students. To stop them from leaving, Kang Chung Ya (Yoo In Na) pressed the trigger and made the dormitory explode.

Newly released stills from the upcoming episode depict Su Ho and Kang Chung Ya interrogating Lee Kang Moo and Pi Seung Hee. Su Ho is armed with a gun, and Kang Chung Ya coldly gazes down at the other two characters. Although Lee Kang Moo is on his knees, his eyes are charismatic, and Pi Seung Hee remains dignified and graceful despite the troubling situation. In particular, attention is on the changing dynamics between Su Ho and Lee Kang Moo. Lee Kang Moo noticed that the hostage crisis was being used for political reasons, and he tried to talk some sense into Su Ho.

snowdrop.jpg

Episode 10 of “Snowdrop” will depict Jang Han Na (Jung Yoo Jin) trying to catch evidence of secrets surrounding the hostage crisis as instructed by Lee Kang Moo. It will also show a tense confrontation between Su Ho, who is doubting his government, and Kang Chung Ya, who doesn’t tolerate the slightest doubt.

This episode of “Snowdrop” will air on January 15 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508485wpp/jang-seung-jo-and-yoon-se-ah-are-forced-to-kneel-before-jung-hae-in-and-yoo-in-na-in-snowdrop

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

the ending of the episode was "thumbs up"/ awesome.  The preview for tomorrow, looking forward to watch tomorrow's episode.  SH changed sides with KM and pointed his gun towards Dr. Kang after he came to know that his adopted father didnt mind if he got killed.  

When SH saved YR, she understood how much he loves her and from that point on, her expression towards him completely changed.  Awesome acting by both JHI and JS.  

OMO, BN seems to be an undercover officer.  

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

Finally, YR's face is soft when she looks at Suho...      :issohappy:

the preview... Suho uttered ''Youngro'' so softly...        :fullofhearts:

FJJ9I-GakAIH-0v?format=jpg&name=small

Chungya hit YR just out of jealousy...

Suho and his sister were adopted but I think they are from the North.  :unsure:  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pad-hari said:

the ending of the episode was "thumbs up"/ awesome.  The preview for tomorrow, looking forward to watch tomorrow's episode.  SH changed sides with KM and pointed his gun towards Dr. Kang after he came to know that his adopted father didnt mind if he got killed.  

When SH saved YR, she understood how much he loves her and from that point on, her expression towards him completely changed.  Awesome acting by both JHI and JS.  

OMO, BN seems to be an undercover officer.  

That ending was so awesome.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Loved this episode... I love how things are shifting now.

SH finally changing sides, the way YR starts to see what he’s been doing all along :heart:

Both Jisoo’s and Hae In’s performances were top notch. The range of emotions their characters had to go through from their situation is astonishing.  

Finally, she sees and looks at him in a different light.

Spoiler

SH can’t help it. He’s going to do his best to protect YR as much as possible. 

• Love 2
  • Blob 2

Apart from JHI and JS, I just wanna commend the side characters for their impressive acting as well. KHY was amazing in the scene where she finally understood how powerful she is just by holding the gun to the hostages. Ms Pi had gone through a lot, her backstory was pitiful as well. I hate Chief An for doing that to Ms Pi. I'm really curious who was the person next to Ms Pi in that photo that CY almost saw.

Also, I was crying when Comrade Eung Cheol and SH were talking and he couldn't hear clearly; he feels sorry for being a burden all the time but SH assured him it's fine. SH is really a good leader, he cares for his team members and wants them to go back safely to their families. But the revelation that SH is just adopted?! The line when he said whose parents will be happy receiving money for their child's life just hits differently. 

And... are we FINALLY getting a kissing scene later? Oh please :evilelmo:

So sad about the ratings, but ain't JTBC always had lower ratings for their previous dramas as well? 

These two really...

• LOL 1
  • Blob 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

BLACKPINK’s Jisoo and Jung Hae In find a moment alone in JTBC’s “Snowdrop”!

Directed and written by the “SKY Castle” team, “Snowdrop” is set in Seoul in 1987. It is about the love story between Su Ho (Jung Hae In), a student at a prestigious university who rushes into a women’s university covered in blood one day, and Young Ro (BLACKPINK‘s Jisoo), a student at the women’s university who hides and take care of him despite facing danger and close surveillance.

Spoilers

Newly released stills show the North Korean spy Su Ho and Young Ro, the daughter of the head of the National Security Planning Agency (NSP), sitting alone in a place that holds significant memories for the both of them.

Young Ro holds a cup of coffee in her hands, and Su Ho warmly covers her hands with his own (see top photo). The pair share deep and meaningful eye contact filled with warmth rather than hatred. Su Ho also runs his hand through Young Ro’s hair, expressing his affection. As this room is the very place where Young Ro once treated an injured Su Ho, viewers are curious to found out what kind of deep conversation they will share.

Jisoo-Jung-Hae-In-1.jpg

In the upcoming episode, Su Ho will work together with Lee Kang Moo (Jang Seung Jo) to get the better of Chung Ya (Yoo In Na) and Joo Kyuk Chan (Kim Min Kyu). Su Ho and Young Ro will also open up their hearts and bring comfort to one another.

The next episode of “Snowdrop” airs on January 16 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1508590wpp/blackpinks-jisoo-and-jung-hae-in-share-a-quiet-moment-together-in-snowdrop