[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Word of Honor 山河令

sugarplum892

11 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

What you mean is Retro Detective? Any news so far? 

@kur4p1k4 On Youku's translation for Yi Fu is also Father in English. So how is that different from Netflix? 

Hahaha, damn you're right, I really don't pay attention during Zhao Jing and Xie'er scene especially when they're alone. I watched in Chinese no subs originally and on subsequent rewatch on Youtube I only run it on background so I don't pay much attention when it's those two, so much discomfort when watching those two lol. Still love the actors though for portraying Zhao Jing and Xie'er perfectly though. I guess there's not good way to translate Yifu, oh well hope the audience can figure it out themselves. Xie'er did mention in later episodes that he was rescued by Zhao Jing, so that should be a good enough hint to implied that they're not blood related.   

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kur4p1k4 said:

Hahaha, damn you're right, I really don't pay attention during Zhao Jing and Xie'er scene especially when they're alone. I watched in Chinese no subs originally and on subsequent rewatch on Youtube I only run it on background so I don't pay much attention when it's those two, so much discomfort when watching those two lol. Still love the actors though for portraying Zhao Jing and Xie'er perfectly though. I guess there's not good way to translate Yifu, oh well hope the audience can figure it out themselves. Xie'er did mention in later episodes that he was rescued by Zhao Jing, so that should be a good enough hint to implied that they're not blood related.   

I probably think only the new viewers might need to understand this...And there's no foot notes functions on video to indicate their actual relationship lol 

Have you watched the new BTS already? All of the memories keep flooding back....But then there wasnt any Eng sub and I didnt understand much till I got some info from the others on Twitter like the one below...I saw some are willing to crowd fund to get that perfect ending...I dont even mind if it is animation instead of getting ZZH/GJ given their new busy careers ....

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

21 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

I probably think only the new viewers might need to understand this...And there's no foot notes functions on video to indicate their actual relationship lol 

Have you watched the new BTS already? All of the memories keep flooding back....But then there wasnt any Eng sub and I didnt understand much till I got some info from the others on Twitter like the one below...I saw some are willing to crowd fund to get that perfect ending...I dont even mind if it is animation instead of getting ZZH/GJ given their new busy careers ....

I'm on the opinion sometimes you have to sacrifice some english language correctness to get the nuance right, especially translation from other culture/language that some audience might be unfamiliar with. Also we are fully functional people that can hear perfectly what the actors said, but for people who rely on subtitle, like hard of hearing or deaf people, they can only rely on subtitle to get the story, which I think the nuance will be lost, like the pet names for each characters, or the Yifu nuances in chinese culture.

No haven't watched it yet, saw some snippets like you from twitter, but I'll try to watch it the whole thing when I have time.

I'm fine with the mountain ending, if there's more about their life after it will be great, but I'm quite happy with what I get. But I appreciate that the directors wants a happy ending for us the audience and for WKX and ZZS

This is only for JunZhe shipper, but also take it with a grain salt, I don't personally ship them romantically, I just really like them as good friends that support each other, unless they stated otherwise

Spoiler

Some speculate jokingly but also seriously lol, Youku 30 minutes concert bts took so long to come out is because they try to edit out GJ's ring from every frame of the bts. Even though some already found that they missed at least one frame

Just for fun okay, don't kill me for this;)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

6 hours ago, kur4p1k4 said:

I'm fine with the mountain ending, if there's more about their life after it will be great, but I'm quite happy with what I get. But I appreciate that the directors wants a happy ending for us the audience and for WKX and ZZS

This is only for JunZhe shipper, but also take it with a grain salt, I don't personally ship them romantically, I just really like them as good friends that support each other, unless they stated otherwise

Reveal hidden contents

Some speculate jokingly but also seriously lol, Youku 30 minutes concert bts took so long to come out is because they try to edit out GJ's ring from every frame of the bts. Even though some already found that they missed at least one frame

Just for fun okay, don't kill me for this;)

Lol pls do share more sugars....So far no one objecting here...Me both LLD/JZ shipper....Havent noticed though. Wearing ring these days are so common. Just look at Man Shu Ke the rap singer who duet with GJ. He has 2 rings so what's the buzz about then? 

:approves:

Unseen BTS footage...View at own risk...

• Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Hmm...Seriously Youku only subbed the 2 main days of concert but not the warm up session? Sigh...Disappointed. Just realised this when about to record...

Bestie, you should subbed everything for the amount we have paid! 

@kur4p1k4 @deltos Did you both watch it in full? The audio quality is very poor...Most of the time cant hear the casts talking except the MC's having clear audios...

• Like 3

Hi everyone... real life kept me busy these few days. So happy to see the new updates...Hope everyone is safe.

@Wuzetian Fan stations are also like fan pages, but it's more wide (don't know what words should i use to explain it :grimace:) Anyway, those 8 sisters have given us stunning BTS photos/footages and now all of them are die hard JunZhe fans.

@kur4p1k4 Oh Netflix :crazy: they didn't even put Zhang Zhe Han's name properly. Their tweet was flooded with fan complains...I hope they correct all those mistakes :unsure: 

BTW Word Of Honor is doing good in Korea. Fans are going crazy over it... there are so many memes...

I saw this one today :mrgreen:spacer.png

( i asked for the permission from the uploader to translate but she didn't reply yet... so if she says no i'll delete this)

And I guess Youku is having a hard time because of concert BTS ^_^ it took them 20+ days to edit but fans are finding things.... Hope those editors are fine... they have tried their best besides it's a whole lot of work

• Blob 2

29 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

How life has turned for ZZH!

:joy: He really became a princess...seriously A'Xu is so spoiled by WKX.

This was when he was looking for his 5.11 umbrella

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Yumiyue Really? That sucks, who is in charge with asian division seems so amateurish, the one that I saw on twitter people also complained about typos, also some translation people just discover, Mengpo Tang they translate to Soup of Oblivion, like excuse me sir, netflix sir? :surprisedwut:

Water of Lethe is more accurate for western audience that are more familiar with Greek mythology, you instantly get what they are talking about. But wth is soup of oblivion, it doesn't make sense at all for anybody, culturally and linguistically. Netflix is a big company, but they should still have some standard QA in place.

@Wuzetian The changes to the concert bts is only for the chinese Youku version, the youtube version with Ultimate fans pass still the original one. Some people already confirmed it. They change the chinese version since apparently some solo fans, don't know which one, complained that Youku only showed interview with cp fans (the first minute of the opening), so youku just change it for the Youku chinese version only, international are safe. In addition solo fans also complained that Youku that they mosaic/blurred their light banner in one of the frame of the concerts bts. So, Youku unblurred the thing and it revealed that Youku originally blurred cp fan light banner that said "Good deeds I did in my past lifetime let me ship JunZhe in this lifetime" that accidentally blurred a bit of solo fans light banner. Solo fans accidentally helping cp fan lol.

Seeing all these stupid stuffs, chinese fans are really weird and I don't think I will ever understand. I'm not saying that western fans or any other countries fans or any other fandom fans (*cough*star wars*cough*) or any artist fans are any better, but seems like chinese fans are especially weird about the the weirdest things about the artist they support.

That sucks they haven't subbed the concerts bts, maybe they'll do it when all of you people subscription almost end just to force y'all to sub for another month lol

Yup watched the concert bts, the audio seems fine for me, but then again I don't really watched it on the official site:mrgreen:

Quite amazing that all tickets got sold in 14 seconds and the audience is only about 7000 for one day, so in total only about 14,000 got the tickets. With hundreds of thousands of people trying to buy the ticket at the same time, really wonder how fast all those people that got ticket click everything just to finish the payment as fast as possible lol.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

I'm missing them... when will we be able to see fun-loving cast like this :wub:

(Credit ALICEHUI)

spacer.png

spacer.png

@kur4p1k4 Yes it was "Zhang Han Zhe" and people were like "WHO TH IS THIS NETFLIX??" I don't think they care about those things because anyway the drama is so popular are people are watching it so why bother :crazy:

@Wuzetian LOL AvenueX really surprise me... She's like "I'm so tired didn't get enough sleep BUT here's another WOH edit" :wub:  I love the new video...all those memorable lines are there.

AND...

Spoiler

YouKu edited the BTS video again :hwaiting2:

EDIT~ actually now it's more clear, they have reduced the background sounds in that 宝 part and the ring shape is so clear and JunZhe slogan is not blurred. Some toxic solo fans have blamed youku yesterday flooding comments so they got angry and have reuploaded the video in the app....seriously this editing team works really really hard I appreciate their Backbreaking work 感谢你们 

:Megathanks:

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

On 5/29/2021 at 8:10 AM, Wuzetian said:

@kur4p1k4 @deltos Did you both watch it in full? The audio quality is very poor...Most of the time cant hear the casts talking except the MC's having clear audios...

It was better in the phone app..but yeah it was a bit fuzzy to listen to.

I have so much respect for this guy. If you've never had  PT - it's painful and requires extreme determination. Zhang Zhe Han has earned his stripes...He really can't play his beloved Baskeball - so he turned to Golf.  Another highly competitive sports  he's such an Alpha.. and in watching WOH you'd never know that he went through all of this only a few years back. .LOL

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

@Yumiyue When were these Fan stations held? At the concert? Coz I still dont quite understand. Since there are the other fan stations from the other dramas too. So those who were stationed in these "fan pages", what were their function? Media? On the other hand, 5.11 umbrella is from his own studio? He seemed grumpy asking for his shade...

:coolshades:

@kur4p1k4 I think within life times we would never understand what were on these minds of these so called "Solo" fans! Thought they would behave a lil since ZH gave acknowledgement of solo and CP fans during his farewell speech at the concert...He really covered all quarters! And these bunch of morons still fighting a war and not just that also endangering ZH or GJ's safety... With regards to your video, I also posted some pages back on how elegant ZZH who is equaled to a fairy while GJ likened to a dog...That was truly hilarious...

:gangnamstyle:

@Yumiyue @kur4p1k4 If there's any link to the videos on the ring thing just update me. Coz I dont see it in any of my other group feeds about this matter. 

@deltos Oh I did post the same video like you did but not here in the official ZZH thread. I truly salute his courage and perseverance, strong fighting spirit...And maybe it was never a coincidence he played ZZS role after he had real nails in him...So universe must have worked its own way...I saw some of the backstage interview which was recently uploaded by Youku, ZH was saying after a decade in this industry, he almost wanted to switch to another job. Which I think was fair given the fact that if someone has poured in their heart and soul and yet, nothing positive is forth coming especially 10 years of time, then it is only right to think of a new journey. But just so happy for ZH that it came at the right time before he made that decision. Though he's an Alpha male, but guess he turned other way when "someone" is around...

:hwaiting2:

@omiki

Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act 

Hello there! Happy to have you dropping by! Do come back often and have fun here on the mountain with us!

• Like 2
  • Blob 1