Han Hyo Joo 한효주 - [FIN: Happiness (2021) || NEXT: ThePirates: Goblin Flag (Jan 2022)]

bimini

@playingyou, actually we talk about Hyo Joo's acting, dramas,PD's and so on by purpose kkk, you know, so that you also interested to write your thought here =D cause the more the merrier, right :D don't worry friend, feel free to comment about something, we don't demand that you have to agree with our opinions,okay ;)

I wonder about "Soulmate" drama so I searching it, it turn out that "Soulmate" was an old drama, I though that the new one kkk. Is it good?

btw amongst all dramas that aired lately, I guess only "Yawang aka Queen Of ambition"  caught my attention. The story isn't only about the sweet love and romance but also intrigue, politics and revenge. And the heroine of this drama is the bad person (rarely case I guess). Everytime I saw her like I want to slap her, don't know cause of her character or because of her tricky face kkk
. I can't stand seeing her face and when I saw her I always nag at her, I think soon and later I'll become old because of it lol

@maya, yeah me too :) Can't wait to see her on small screen or her public appearance after her long holidays =))

@theresia, I found them on Naver blog but I forgot to save the link, sorry ;( I think we've already seen them before but in small version so maybe you didn't notice. The pictures that I posted are after they make them bigger I guess. They are so creative, aren't they?

@jjweeter and @shinjushinki, thanks for the updates. Keep it up the great work ;)

looking at @shinjushinki fanart make me remember of @cocomhe who used to be posting her own fanart. where is she? Hopefully she'll back asap :D

Oh my, it's been a while, girls. I almost forgot my log-in information! ahaha
Anyways, I'm so excited for Hyo Joo's next project. I know some people are hoping that she'll be in the new Lee Minho drama, and while I'm intrigued by the plot (college Gossip Girl/BOF? I'm in!), I don't think Hyo Joo will even consider it. She's simply too A-list to be playing second lead to Lee Minho, especially since there are supposed to be 4 leading men and 4 leading ladies. I just don't see her being interested in this drama for its plotline but I wonder if she'll even select a drama this year...
I hope she somehow manages to work with Won Bin soon though! haha She's already worked with the major hunks in K-entertainment: Lee Byung Hun, So Ji Sub, Go Soo, Jung Woo Sung, etc.!
Also hoping she finds love this year, if she hasn't already ;) She's 27, I would really like to see her date but I know some of her contractual clauses forbid her from doing so.. which is just ridiculous -_-

hi @bashful, where have you been all this time? Gah, I really miss your post and I hope you will be back to this thread constantly ;)

Regarding of Lee Min Ho's new drama, you make the point. That's my thoughts exactly tbh :D

If there are 4 Lead actresses in that drama like you said, I don't think she will consider to take the role or maybe she don't even think about it at all in the first place =D cause I guess she's so picky regarding of the roles or her co-stars as we've seen all this time, most of her co-stars are the famous seniors actors who known have brilliant acting (no doubt!) so
If I may put in my two cents worth, her next co-star will be also much older than her 8-| . okay, I would agree if Won Bin will be the one kkk
Don't get me wrong
, I'm not saying that cause Lee Min Hoo is still young so he's not very well in acting, he's pretty good I guess but what she's looking for to be her co-star is the actor who has many experience when it comes to acting IMO.

tbh As much as I want see her to collabs with LMH but if the storyline like that (to many Leads), I would rather not to see her in small screen if that case kkk .I want her to be the one and only Lead Female in a drama or movie,  to be the central of the story cause I'm so greedy when it comes to Hyo Joo =))

Yeah, she's already 26 years old, so I think if she's seeing someone right now, she'll do secretly like another korean celebrities =D
Just the thought, just the thought kkk

Guest uburoi

Congrats to Han Hyo Joo for her Baeksang best actress nomination for Love 911!  Have you seen the movie? Was she really that good? (is it available somewhere online?)

Anyawy, regarding the earlier topic, I admit that Hyo Joo is not a great actress and has room for improvement, but Lee Minho fans only wish he had half the talent, likeability and screen presence HHJ has. There has to be a limit to such delusions :-\"

@fujiwara: Thank you soooo much for constantly keeping this thread alive and thriving with new photos and updates! I'm a terrible person for abandoning this thread for as long as I have but I've actually been keeping up with Hyo Joo's latests activities ahaha. So I like to pop in here every now and then to see what's she's been up to or search her up on Tumblr. I'm so glad that there are more fans on here now! I'll try to check in (while signed on) more often from now on, but ya know how life is sometimes ><
Ooooooooohhhhh~~ Hyo Joo got nominated for Best Actress! That's FANTASTIC! Thanks for the news @uburoi :)
I haven't been able to find English-subbed Love 911 yet though, unfortunately... Hopefully one comes out soon! I keep hearing positive things about Hyo Joo's portrayal as Mi Soo.
Here's one review that I just found earlier today. The review comes from the Honolulu International Film Festival (x).
omghowdoIquoteonthis

LOVE 911

Friday, April 5 at 6:15 p.m. and Thursday, April 11 at 8:15 p.m.

From the ridiculous premise of a surgeon who decides to seduce a fireman so he’ll sue a man whose wife is incorrectly diagnosed at the emergency room, to the even more ridiculous situations they encounter along the way, there is nothing about “Love 911” that makes any sense to those of us living in the real world. Yet, I couldn’t help but be charmed by this film.

love911-300x200.jpgThere were many moments where the film throws all reality out the window, and while this would normally annoy me to no end, my long experience of watching Korean films has built up my tolerance for the implausible in cinema from the motherland. “Love 911” is as formulaic as you can get in regards to Korean films. Characters are quirky, back stories are told in flashback, and the movie focuses on individual moments rather than itself as a complete entity. And as is common for a Korean film, it will make you laugh for 90 minutes, then wrench your heart for the last 30.

But this is what Korean films do best — take the viewer on an emotional roller coaster ride, relying on the charisma of its stars and often convoluted screenplays to move audiences. Han Hyo Joo, who also starred in last year’s “Always,” plays the surgeon, and while possibly miscast as a resident surgeon at her young age, does a great job outside of the hospital playing the quirky Mi Soo. Her performance reminded me of Jeon Ji Hyun in my all-time favorite Korean film, “My Sassy Girl,” with her likable brazenness. Go Soo plays Kang Il, the fireman reluctant to succumb to Mi Soo’s advances. He plays a typical silent tough guy, but has a few opportunities to emote and show his sensitive side when he recalls memories of his dead wife. Female fans will no doubt be happy with his performance.

Newcomers to Korean cinema may be totally turned off by the amount of implausibility in “Love 911,” but fans will easily recognize the successful formula and enjoy being taken for another fun ride.

Ihopethatcameoutright
Anyway, I wish the best of luck to Hyo Joo and congratulations to her fellow nominees :) Hope Hyo Joo wins of course!Here's a full list of the nominations btw (x).Gwanghae has 3 nominations including Best Picture. Hyo Joo is also a contender for Most Popular Movie Actress.

Admittedly, I have not watched a K-drama since Brilliant Legacy (LOL) or a K-movie since Always, so I can't really comment on Lee Min Ho's acting, but the guy is definitely charismatic. All I can really say is... K-entertainment can sometimes be a hostile and misogynistic place and if you're a male, you really cannot do anything wrong in the fans' eyes. Speaking of that... I can't believe Hyo Joo's Iljimae costar, Park Si Hoo, is getting sued for rape charges. That's shocking! I don't know the full details of the case but if he is found guilty, he rightfully needs to be punished for his crimes. I wonder how Hyo Joo feels about it? They seemed to be pretty close during filming.

Hyo Joo is definitely not the greatest actress, but she is improving and learning to take risks in terms of choosing different characters. I like that she chooses films to strengthen and explore her acting. I remember reading somewhere that another Korean actress said that K-drama female characters are usually written very flat, with not much variety, and that is why that actress prefers doing films. So I think Hyo Joo is wise to have taken a break from the small screen to develop her acting chops and ya know, get another Baeksang Best Actress nomination! I think in Hyo Joo's case, she, like many others, perform better onscreen when there's a good director behind the camera and she has multiple cuts. Her senior costars are also a factor as well since she's probably picking up a lot of advice from her sunbaes.
She really has an impressive success rate with her works on television and films... It's rare to see that type of success come for a Korean actress. Her latest three films were pretty huge hits commercially and critically and she, herself, earned pretty positive reviews for her acting. We already know about the success of her TV dramas too so there's no point in bringing that up. All I can say is that Hyo Joo is very smart in choosing her roles, that or her management is lol. Almost everything she touches turns to gold. The only thing she really needs to do is cement her position as a Hallyu star. She's definitely A-list in South Korea, but it doesn't seem like she's that popular internationally? Excluding Japan, of course. The only thing I wish for is that others are able to see her improvements, rather than write her off as being a bad actress based on their viewing of Spring Waltz, Iljimae, or anything else that is really damn old.

Guest uburoi

I agree, there aren't much substantial female roles in dramas and sadly the case is only slightly better in movies. Most blockbusters are male centered, with hardly a woman is sight and you've got the odd independent or smallish movie for actresses. That's the case in my country as well.

HHJ really got lucky. I'd guess she's the number one sought after (movie) actress in her generation. I couldn't think of another one anyway.  Most are stuck in TV realm or with a string of unsuccessful movies.

I don't know how she fares with the hallyu fandom, but for a wider fandom the best thing would be for her to star in foreign projects, like Song Hye Kyo in chinese films or Bae Doo Na in japanese. Another option would be to go the fashionista route. lol

@bashful, you're welcome :) I just can't wait to see you more often here, yay!

Actually, I'm beginning actively again since a couple of months ago after hiatus for 2 years I guess, not count it kkk so also thanks to others (@urie,@tijashyo,@cocomhe,@theresia,@adeleyam,@jjsweeter,@shy_hyo, etc ) who made this thread alive and active since then, you all did a great job =D> Where are you guys anyways? kkk

I love your long post, you said it better than me :) that's it what I meant. I'm not love her so blindly like some fans of another celebrities who assumed their idols are prefect so the another actors don't deserve to act with them even though their idols aren't that great lol (seriously! are they your God? ). I know that Hyo Joo isn't a greatest actress and she still needs learn and improved her acting, I know it, that's why she needs to find a movie/drama partner who has great acting ability so she can learn it from him. This is what she did all this time I think. And that's why now she become a better actress and her acting improved a lot, at least for me. I would never judge someone has a bad acting base on my jealousy or bashing another actors just because I don't like them. I could have made some bad comments about their favorites if I want them to feel like I do (upset,pissed off, etc ) but such a waste time hating someone who I don't even know, I don't have time for that. When I'm online I just chat with my friends and visit all sites that related with Hyo Joo and all my favorite hollywood series or actors or just for playing some games instead of
say bad things to other people.

btw I admire she focus on the big screen in last 2 years for improving her acting, not chasing popularity by playing many dramas as many as her can. What I'm trying to say is playing dramas are more have big opportunity for the hugh success and popularity than movies which with limited audiences.

anyways,I really want her back to small screen but with the strong role that make the success come back ever =D

omo, she got nominated for Best Actress in Baeksang awards along with awesome actresses (I read their track record btw :D).
It's taft a competition but hope for her winning definitely :D

@cocomhe, yeah she's a great actress. She managed to make me hate her because of her role =D
thanks for your fanart btw ;)

@fujiwaranosai.. although violin seem boring but i quite interesting about the plot, hate turn love between 2 genius musicians and if  violin is remake from amadeus and mozart movie, both lead male and female will show their bad character, although lead female i think she will be the villain  :)

@playingyou.. it's relief, thank you and i hope you will often join discussion in this thread :)
if this link http://www.dramabeans.com/2007/03/mbc-comedy-drama-soulmate/ is Soulmate that you mean, it's true that FL PD is one of the man behind that comedy drama. if i have a free time i try to watch soulmate, seem like funny :D

@theresia_warner.. thanks you fall all updates too.. you're rock as well chingu  \m/

@bashful_harmony.. welcome back to this thread.. love your words about her, very insigthful and i admitt too that she still grow up as an actress and she wise only doing movie that she can learn for her sunbae and meet many movie director who can direct her so well and explore her talent acting :) hope we will see you often in this thread :)

as i want to see her in drama but maybe until now no one script make her interest comeback to dramaland, and movie is wise choice. She really considering that the drama should have good message to the viewers and absolutly that drama should have make her lovely grandma happy. if i'm not mistaken her grandma is one of the reason that she take role in BL and Dong Yi. such a good grand daughter.. she really loves her grandma :x

and about Heirs, PSH has been confirm as a leading lady for LMH. i think if there's no drama script that she interested, she will choose movie again and i guess she will back to dramaland in the end the years after her fall vacation :) but if there good script drama we can see her in small screen in 2nd half (hope in summer-fall) :D

congratulation for her nominee Best Actress Movie. the competitor is really good in acting. wishing best for her :)
whatever the result later, she has been nominated is a amazing. finally her name is 1st enter in that category, i think it like dejavu, back to 2009 her name 1st nominated as Best Actress Drama and the winner is Go Hyun Jung for her great acting as Mishil in QSD and now we have Pieta Lead female and other famous actress. will her character in Cold Eyes like in Dong Yi, that will give her Best Actress Awards.??

i read that Kim Min Hee refuse the role in Band Thieves, will she replace her? i really want to see her act together with Ha Jung Woo and Kim Dong Won :)

"Band of Thieves" aka Kundo: Age of the Rampant is based in Chosun Times when there was a group of Robin Hood figures who stole from the bad rich and shared the wealth with those who needed it and authority figures. Ha Jeong-woo takes on the role of Baek Jeong and Kang Dong-won takes on the role of Moo Gwan.
cr: hancinema

if she really join in this movie, it quite interesting to see her as a thief, she will play only female in the gang. wonder she will like iljimae women version? :D
and once more she will team up with great production with 2 top-notch actor, this movie will be directed by Yun Jong Bin PD (nameless gangster)

beside rom-com genre, i still want to see her disguised as a boy and as a badass girl with many action scenes, it like come true if she take a role in Knife and Flower aka Sword and Blossom. unfortunaltely Knife and Flower is saeguk. rumours SJK considering as a lead male.

Synopsis
Moo-yeong, the daughter of King Yeong-ryu from the Koryo times, falls in love with Yeon-chung, the writer of Yeon Gae So Mun and conflicts between revenge and love.
cr: haninema

If i'm not mistaken at someone interview that Cold eyes will be released in the end of June or early July, can't wait to see the first teaser :)
Hope Cold Eyes Became Daebak :-bd
cr: dchhj

DarkSmurfSubs is currently translating Love 911! It's like at 85% subs completion but you can still download the file (though I wouldn't suggest it cause the subs are pretty bad right now lol). The link is provided on their Tumblr pageYou need to register to be able to view the forum.
Also, it's soft-subs so you have to download the video first.

Guest theresia_warner

@bashful_harmony..welcome back.:)
I'm happy to see you.. ^^

@urie..I think hyo joo said she won't to play historical drama after dong yi so probably she won't to take the role in sjk drama..:)

@fujiwaranosai.. let's we hope she will have a drama this year...;;)

black yak S/S 2013 15s..:x

cr : uploader